Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have to admit....Iskahn's got a pretty hot temper when he's pissed off. He literally unleashes it with his burning attacks.

A-1 really went out their way to make his fights look flashy. Too bad the fight didn't end in the way he wanted to. Oh well.
Dec 7, 2019 7:27 AM

Nov 2007
As expected, he ordered to capture Alice girl.

A knight volunteer to block the next enemy group. It seems like she has a sword that change shape and punching (their punching especially fire punch has ability to break the sword?) is not working for her.

Another memory w. Sakamoto-san's character. That sword is from a flower in that place.

The guy who followed the main bad guy from the real world started to act from the defense team.

The knight facing punching group's reaction when hearing that she looks sleepy was lol. She's having fun fighting against him.

One of the kouhais was a bit useful from main guy's teaching, but afraid seeing there are more.

A lady covered in brightness appearing. Stacia? Asuna?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 7, 2019 7:38 AM

Sep 2015
Nice changes op lol
Dec 7, 2019 9:03 AM
May 2014
System said:
Admin has joined the server.

Slashy girl is crazy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2019 9:07 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Sheyta is awesome, her action sequences were great and brutal for that matter.

Somehow I feel Tiese and Ronnie never really do anything. :|

That Asuna appearance was glorious. I was looking forward to how she'd make her entrance and this was just amazing. Is she actually supposed to be Stacia? The holy light engulfing her, tearing apart the ground and summoning all those auroras, just glorious. Will she be able to wake Kirito up?
Dec 7, 2019 9:08 AM

Jun 2019
YESSSS!Goddess Stacia finally showed up, and what a hella of entrance.
Dec 7, 2019 9:09 AM

May 2016
Finally about time she joins the party.

Sheyta fight was crazy good didn't expect she would be that good and that Pulgist leader was insane strong.

I really though administrator was back but it was our Asuna with a bride outfit. <3
Dec 7, 2019 9:09 AM

Apr 2016
Amazing episode. The fight between Scheta and Iskahn was so great. Animation is again high level .Asuna finally arrived and man she did some real damage to the enemy .
My Quinella also showed in episode
It was perfect . Quinella, Asuna and Scheta voiced by my favorite seiyuu, Lynn <3

Dec 7, 2019 9:17 AM

Aug 2013
That Asuna appearance, that was beyond awesome and she has some god-tier powers. Stacia.

Good thing Ronie wasn't killed off.

Sheyta fight against Pugilist leader was impressive. They both went all out.

I like the change in the OP.
LeoDec 7, 2019 9:30 AM

Dec 7, 2019 9:19 AM
Dec 2015
asunaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Dec 7, 2019 9:20 AM

Feb 2019
Great week for SAO, Kirito tops male character of the decade list, Asuna comes in second on the female side, volume 23 drops in 3 days, my War of Underworld review on MAL is still getting me friend requests/club invites by the day .

Hat has to go off to A-1 for an absolutely amazing job that they're doing with this. The production values are absolutely insane every episode and I really appreciate how much time they're taking with volume 16 especially compared to previous adaptations.

Sheyta v Ishkahn was awesome, best girl sheyta finally animated. Can't wait to see more of her especially in the later stages of 16/17.

Goddess Stacia finally arrives, can't wait to see her meet Alice next week with the infamous jealousy panel being animated, legit been waiting YEARS to see that.

Glad to see the hate boner for SAO is starting to be called out a lot more online. It's ok not to be into the series, everyone has different tastes, but watching 3.5 seasons of something just to shit on it for clout is stupid. No point torturing yourself. Alicization is exploding.
Dec 7, 2019 9:20 AM

Jan 2009
Asuna finally shows up eh

and damn what sakuga fight that was between the kickboxer guy and that cold blooded killer Sheyta and she is sexy hot too
Dec 7, 2019 9:21 AM

Jun 2017
Those OP changes... God I can't wait for a certain green-haired girl to come back...
Signature.
Dec 7, 2019 9:24 AM

May 2018
The best part of the new OP

Dec 7, 2019 9:30 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Oh god finally she apeared.
Dec 7, 2019 9:32 AM

Oct 2019
rilo03 said:
The best part of the new OP

It’s awesome! I can’t wait to see Asuna in action.
Dec 7, 2019 9:33 AM
Dec 2015
I was planning on coming here and ask did they forgot Asuna completely but oh boy lets go!
Dec 7, 2019 9:34 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm love the new change to the opening showing Alice and Asuna's fight with Gabriel showing the latters entry into the war. Its nice to see Renry's new more confident self after overcoming his doubts. Figures that the dark territory will have some curious factions but the Pugilists have to be the most curious ones. Hmm Scheta has quite the curious weapon one thats thin but can cut through anything huh. Combined with her lack of emotions she's almost like a machine. The fight between her and the leader of the pugs though was pretty fun. More than anything this fight showed just how powerful incarnate can be in this world. The cute moment between the two though was pretty amusing. Still the fact that both were fighters of few words actually served to allow both to open up more as characters as they exchanged blows with Scheta benefiting the most here. Kudos for Ronnie's keen senses that managed to detect the enemies. Asuna sure arrived in the world in quite the grand entrance. Overall a solid ep that while featuring top notch action via Scheta's dual with the leader of the pugs while also formally introducing the former also did well to expand the war with Asuna's grand arrival on the field.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2019 9:38 AM

Oct 2017
Another intense episode, I really like this integrity knight Sheyta. Her fight against that Pugilist leader is my fav in this season.

Also HOLY DAMN Asuna makes her grand appearance finally and she descends at the place where Kirito is.
Dec 7, 2019 9:41 AM

Apr 2017
Aleph199X said:
Those OP changes... God I can't wait for a certain green-haired girl to come back...

Well, as for me, I can't wait for a certain blue-haired girl to come back eheh
Dec 7, 2019 9:43 AM

Jun 2012
I am getting tired of these nonsense Integrity Knights fights, we know nothing about them and they take up 90% of an episode.
Asuna at the end saved the episode but I would prefer an entrance when the entire army was about to lose and she appeared fighting with her sword with some holy effects around her or something. Guess the sword entrance will be for Kirito once he recovers.
Dec 7, 2019 9:43 AM

Jul 2016
Epic entrance by Asuna

And the fight scene animation is really good too!
Dec 7, 2019 9:44 AM

Jan 2017
Finally P2W Asuna is here for the last 3 episodes + Updated OP.

Sheyta vs Pugilist leader was a quite good fight, IMHO better than all previous.
Dudi4PoLFrDec 7, 2019 9:55 AM
Dec 7, 2019 9:48 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Didn't expect SAO will have that kind of fight. Almost no bad emotion appeared. Very nice to watch. Even both fighters remain alive.

Oh yea, the awaited OP character has come to extinguish more Laughing Coffin's members.
Nekko_Khayal88Dec 7, 2019 9:51 AM
Dec 7, 2019 9:54 AM
Mar 2014
Yes! Asuna finally arrived.
Time for Kirito to wake up from that coma and kick some asses
Dec 7, 2019 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
Superns18 said:
Goddess Stacia finally arrives, can't wait to see her meet Alice next week with the infamous jealousy panel being animated, legit been waiting YEARS to see that.

Since I saw this scene in the Light Novel I do not like this Arc. Instead of War of Underworld, it is now War of Kirito. SAO has now finally evolved into a harem action anime, though Kawahra apologized in Vol.2 and Vol.3 for introducing so many female characters, mind you in each arc he introduces some. If you want to see such scenes I recommend you "Date a Live" or "High School DxD", in SAO who claims to be a credible and serious act, such a scene is ridiculous. Unfortunately, such things are very exciting for Japanese.
Dec 7, 2019 10:06 AM

Feb 2019
Darikan said:
Superns18 said:

Since I saw this scene in the Light Novel I do not like this Arc. Instead of War of Underworld, it is now War of Kirito. SAO has now finally evolved into a harem action anime, though Kawahra apologized in Vol.2 and Vol.3 for introducing so many female characters, mind you in each arc he introduces some. If you want to see such scenes I recommend you "Date a Live" or "High School DxD", in SAO who claims to be a credible and serious act, such a scene is ridiculous. Unfortunately, such things are very exciting for Japanese.

Bruh, the hell are you talking about? lol. SAO has always been a harem, you can also view my list and you'll see I've seen and read all of DxD. If you don't like the arc, don't force yourself to watch it, just find something you enjoy. Also, FYI, most anime have scenes like that where a girl gets jealous or blushes, doesn't mean the overall series isn't serious...
Marinate1016Dec 7, 2019 10:33 AM
Dec 7, 2019 10:09 AM

Nov 2016
I loved the intensity of this episode. And I'm surprised that I was so invested in a fight of two basically unknown characters. Sheyta the kuudere-esque Integrity Knight against the hot headed Pugilist Iskahn. Although barely fleshed out, I digged the dynamic between those two and how Sheyta fell for her opponents pace, it was like her true nature got drawn out during that fight. I didn't know for whom I should root for and therefore hoped for a draw. What I got was close enough.

And Asuna finally made her entrance.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 7, 2019 10:10 AM
Sep 2019
Y'all hoping kirito to wake up after asuna arrived lmao... he will wake up but not this season
Dec 7, 2019 10:14 AM
Dec 2019
Alice > Asuna

Hm, i didn't understand why asuna let them fall? Because, Its like saving the enemy for new formation.... That was really dumb. Yeah, but I saw her magic power is high xD.
Dec 7, 2019 10:21 AM

Dec 2017
Some changes in the OP and Asuna is back!
I enjoy lightskyblue

Dec 7, 2019 10:31 AM

Jun 2014
ASUNAAAAA!! <3

I liked changes in the opening. *O*

Sheyta fight against Pugilist leader was cool.
"Should I call you grandma?" - "I'll allow it." - LOL
"And would you stop looking so sleepy?!" - LOL
They looked like they were having fun while fighting. I thik I'll ship them. XD

Man, Ronie and Tiese are really useless. <_<

Stacia Asuna is soo cool! <3 Can't wait to see more of her. I was getting bored of overpowered Alice, now we get to see overpowered Asuna. <3
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Dec 7, 2019 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
Bruh, the fuck are you talking about? lol. SAO has always been a harem, you can also view my list and you'll see I've seen and read all of DxD. If you don't like the arc, don't force yourself to watch it, just find something you enjoy. Also, FYI, most anime have scenes like that where a girl gets jealous or blushes, doesn't mean the overall series isn't serious...

I like the first 12 episodes of Alicization, especially because of Eugeo. After that, it became increasingly generic and predictable. The reason is probably that it is a copy of the Aincrad Arc and WoU is a copy of the Fairy Dance Arc, this time Kirito is in a "coma". I wanted to give this arc a chance and I'm free to criticize this anime.
Dec 7, 2019 10:38 AM

Apr 2010
lmao that fake spoiler in the opening... let me tell you guys, there is NO SUCH THING as a 2v1 Asuna/Alice vs. Vector in the story (just like the previous opening showed Eldrie fighting Dee Eye Ell which was also fake as hell)

So don't fall for the fake hype lol

Jan 2015
Wtf? Asuna a goddess? Lmao

Amazing episode btw

Mar 2016
Ngl I wanna see a lot more of Sheyta, such a cool character. And finally, Asuna has arrived. Took her long enough, only 3 episodes left as well.
Dec 7, 2019 10:40 AM
Jan 2018
Asuna: *Finally appear*
All Asuna fans (myself included): It's been 4000 years...
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Dec 7, 2019 10:43 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I think I fell in love with Sheyta.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 7, 2019 10:47 AM

Oct 2019
Superns18 said:
Darikan said:

Bruh, the hell are you talking about? lol. SAO has always been a harem, you can also view my list and you'll see I've seen and read all of DxD. If you don't like the arc, don't force yourself to watch it, just find something you enjoy. Also, FYI, most anime have scenes like that where a girl gets jealous or blushes, doesn't mean the overall series isn't serious...

The word “harem” is being abused more and more nowadays. Harem anime are other kind of anime. Harem anime had their definition to be harem and that definition can’t be applied to sao.
But, everyone has an opinion so I don’t want to criticize you, it’s a my think.
Dec 7, 2019 10:49 AM

May 2019
What a Greet episode

5/5
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Dec 7, 2019 10:59 AM

Feb 2019
Fagger said:
Superns18 said:

The word “harem” is being abused more and more nowadays. Harem anime are other kind of anime. Harem anime had their definition to be harem and that definition can’t be applied to sao.

It's not being abused. If there are multiple girls around the MC consistently who are interested in him/in love, it's a harem. Being a harem isn't bad, idk why people get so upset about their favourite series being a harem, lol. You can be a good series and be a harem. SAO is a harem, it is what it is. Shouldn't affect your enjoyment of it. It's like thinking you can't like something because you're 40 and it's not seinen.
Dec 7, 2019 11:02 AM

Oct 2019
Superns18 said:
Fagger said:

It's not being abused. If there are multiple girls around the MC consistently who are interested in him/in love, it's a harem. Being a harem isn't bad, idk why people get so upset about their favourite series being a harem, lol. You can be a good series and be a harem. SAO is a harem, it is what it is. Shouldn't affect your enjoyment of it. It's like thinking you can't like something because you're 40 and it's not seinen.

Harem to be harem need no romantic interest for the mc but Kirito is in love with Asuna from the first half of the first series. I'm not saying is an harem is a bad thing but I believe sao it's not an harem. Plus, the most of the other main girls, excluding some comic parts, aren't in love with Kirito anymore.
Had more girls than guys isn't sufficient to be an harem.
Dec 7, 2019 11:05 AM

May 2018
Finally Asuna has join. Nice change in OP. So I guess Kirito other harem will join soon?
Dec 7, 2019 11:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
YEEEEEEEES Asuna is here ! I just hope so much that she will be reunited with Kirito like before, like escaping the world with him or idk
Dec 7, 2019 11:21 AM

Oct 2019
loved the new episode! good animation, good fight choreography, good everything! and asuna finally makes an appearance, can't wait for next week.
Dec 7, 2019 11:29 AM

Nov 2016
I really liked the "new" two characters, the girl that can cut everything but prefers to keep them alive so she can fight again, the same for the boy, he could've used the legs or the other fist but prefered not to, love both of them. And I mean, that I really love both of them, their design is perfect and I do love that type of personality being well represented.

Also Asuna using the godess character I see.
AlvaritoterreosDec 7, 2019 11:41 AM
Dec 7, 2019 11:36 AM

Nov 2016
N1ghtShadow said:
I am getting tired of these nonsense Integrity Knights fights, we know nothing about them and they take up 90% of an episode.
Asuna at the end saved the episode but I would prefer an entrance when the entire army was about to lose and she appeared fighting with her sword with some holy effects around her or something. Guess the sword entrance will be for Kirito once he recovers.
I think that since this is a shounen anime they are doing this correctly, building up characters and creating them to just be there and do nothing, (Silica and Liz *cough*) is pointless, instead this season they are creating characters, giving them personalities and making the fight and developm themselves, I do like this season just for that, enough Kirito/Asuna/Sinon in the other seasons.
Dec 7, 2019 11:39 AM

Sep 2016
Asuna is here!

Can't wait for people calling on asspull/anticlimactic entrance because she appeared at the very last moment before Kirito's kouhais were going to be killed and the supply corps were basically screwed (including veg Kirito).
Lmao.

Xenocrisi said:
Wtf? Asuna a goddess? Lmao

They let log her in with the account with the highest privileges, of course.
Why not? She has to save ass, she can't start with a lv 1 villager, lol.

Fagger said:
Superns18 said:

Harem to be harem need no romantic interest for the mc but Kirito is in love with Asuna from the first half of the first series. I'm not saying is an harem is a bad thing but I believe sao it's not an harem. Plus, the most of the other main girls, excluding some comic parts, aren't in love with Kirito anymore.
Had more girls than guys isn't sufficient to be an harem.

By definition of the genre, it qualifies as an harem.

Then yes, it is a rejected women club, of course. And thank god. Monogamy is the best.

But he still has women around him so, harem.
bruh
Dec 7, 2019 11:40 AM

Apr 2016
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ASUNA
Dec 7, 2019 11:47 AM

May 2018
Sheyta Vs Champion ends in a draw, shit!!!!

Well at least Asuna has arrived.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

285 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.