Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2019 2:32 PM

Aug 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This whole manhwa took a completely different route than I expected. I came expecting fluffy, maybe slightly edgy shoujo and instead I've been hooked on to a tragedy that takes on pedophilia, sexual abuse, and manipulation.

I was not expecting the characters to be deep at all but as the context and past of everyone was revealed, each person got deeper and more twisted.

I was expecting a romance but instead I got sucked into a tale of revenge, regret, and horror.
The typical set up of the story automatically made me assume that the main character would get with the mysterious boy at the end. The fact that he used to be and still was romantically involved with her mom completely blindsided me. The main character's unrequited love led her to be used as a chess piece by the villain.

I was expecting a happy-ever-after to end a simple story about love but instead the events just kept spiraling out of control, and things just kept getting worse for everyone involved. This is not a romance shoujo.... this is like the twisted sequel to a romance shoujo gone wrong.
A girl suffering sexual abuse at the hands of her uncle gets saved by a "guardian angel". The girl that fell in love with the "angel" but became overly attached, and had to grow up in his absence. She was so desperate to have him back that she would use her own husband and daughter to manipulate him back to her side. And at the end of it all, she was killed because of her daughter's anger towards her and her and her lover.

The artwork was so gorgeous, and the character designs so beautiful, I was visually mislead to expect something much shallower and happier.
Instead we end up with a protagonist cursed with immortality, suffering with the weight of her sins, regretting causing the death of her murder, and completely shunned by the boy she loved. Even the villain who actually succeeded in exacting revenge still feels empty inside.

And I am so glad that all my expectations were defied, because the story that was told had me so enraptured I couldn't put it down until I was done.

More topics from this board

» Ending?

inzaratha - Jan 28, 2015

1 by inzaratha »»
May 10, 2015 11:59 PM

Poll: » Nobody Knows Chapter 27 Discussion

inzaratha - Dec 19, 2013

0 by inzaratha »»
Dec 19, 2013 11:45 PM

Poll: » Nobody Knows Chapter 26 Discussion

inzaratha - Dec 1, 2013

0 by inzaratha »»
Dec 1, 2013 9:32 AM

Poll: » Nobody Knows Chapter 24 Discussion

inzaratha - Nov 10, 2013

0 by inzaratha »»
Nov 10, 2013 3:10 PM

Poll: » Nobody Knows Chapter 21 Discussion

inzaratha - Aug 3, 2013

0 by inzaratha »»
Aug 3, 2013 12:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.