Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2019 12:05 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Coming from one of the best highlights of the series (vol6), to this one, there are certainly some things I was expecting to see, in particular, more about Spiritual Magic, which we kinda got, so that is good, but the last one had a more serious tone to it, for sure.
I do like the direction of this one, but the Haulia being the main focus here makes me cringe a bit (and I like Shea a lot), they have some funny scenes, but anyone reading can also attest for some cringe-worthy ones coming whenever they are involved (I really don't like that focus on chuuni stuff tbh).

There was still a lot to like, and I had fun reading, but it lacked the impact of the previous one, more Shizuku is always appreciated.
I enjoyed Simon's priest part, which seems like another funny addiction to the cast.
Liliana seems a young but solid promise for the MC's harem in the future, and you cant praise the artist drawing the art enough, because these illustrations are always top material, that colored one of Shizuku, Kaori, Tio, and Shea was beautiful, and I don't like seeing Yue with her usual ribbon, so it was refreshing seeing her in that new dress.

The epilogue got me pumped, since it is hinting heavily to a connection to Yue, which will hopefully bring the development she needs, and also the 500 Apostles thing gives me shivers...
That said, so far I have read up to early vol9, and I know that is yet to come (spoilers, probably on vol11), and it completely blows me interest when I know I will have to wait around 6-12 months the least, to have vol11 released, then translated (no official release yet).

To end, the Bonus Story had that segment with the harem viewing Hajime previous self, before the change, which put a smile upon my face, it was a really nice way to end the volume, and I gotta give props to the writer because most bonus stories from the last couple of volumes are solid improvements over "the garbage" of earlier ones (seems like we always get an Arifureta Magic Academy per volume, I already expect them, they are silly but nonetheless fun).
PlaycoolNov 16, 2019 1:02 PM
Jul 26, 2022 11:06 PM

Apr 2020
i died laughing that chunni stuff
man i love all those rabbitmen
they are fun to be around with

i like the slow approach with shizuku
shizuku moments are so fun to read

one of the funnies volume

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Web Volume 1 (Chapters 0 - 26) Discussion

-Karoshi- - May 1, 2015

6 by Kevin9029 »»
Apr 27, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Volume 2 Discussion

BlackFIFA19 - Feb 12, 2018

8 by -DxP- »»
Apr 23, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Volume 1 Discussion

BlackFIFA19 - Feb 12, 2018

4 by -DxP- »»
Apr 20, 3:19 PM

» After Story?

RealityChanges - Mar 10

3 by Franklr_D »»
Mar 13, 6:33 AM

» Why is there no harem tag?

ariel_nugie - Feb 15

1 by Crusader_Requiem »»
Feb 17, 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.