Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 10, 2010 6:19 PM

Sep 2010
This episode was great (:
Dec 19, 2010 10:40 AM

May 2010
Oh well.. Ending the series with a sweet comedic one was great.

Mei-chan = WIN :D

Okazaki's fantasy surely cracked me up xD

And Nagisa acting not in her usual self was funny though it was sweet.. :)

Holding hands while leaning satisfied me so I'm not disappointed at all..

9/10 for me.. Unto the sequels..
Jan 2, 2011 9:55 AM
Jan 2011
can someone PLEASE tell me the name of the piano song that is played near the end of this episode. it starts after Nagisa makes Tomoya smell her breath xD
Jan 9, 2011 7:44 PM

Dec 2008
I can't say enough just how much I love Nagisa's parents!! I wish I had parents like that!
Mar 30, 2011 1:10 PM

Jul 2010
Did not really like this ep :/ I always somehow get irrirated by Nagisa... she is waaaay too shy and crybaby and that drives me nuts... >_< I like the ones like Tomoyo so much better.

Anyho There were scenes which I really liked! like Tomoya's fantasies about Sunohara and his sister being together! XD Is it just me or is that scene-the parody of Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru? (BrotherxSister, making stuff of the clovers) Also liked Nagisa's parents as always ^^

Anyway found this ep a bit too irritating for myself D: But thats just my personal anime taste.

7/10 from me to Clannad overall.

Gyabo!~
Apr 3, 2011 2:47 PM
Oct 2009
overall i really like the series, i would give it a 10/10

the ep. itself was great, hilarious, upbeat, and it stuck to its true nature. i love what Tomoya was imagining, but i wish Tomoya and Nagisa kissed or something to finish off the series.
Apr 22, 2011 10:40 PM

Mar 2011
Oh my word! Was it me or did I hear a nishishishi laugh from Mei-chan? Awoooo!

Nice little wrap up to the story, a little bit of fun, but would have liked a kiss scene, but I suppose that would have been pushing things a bit too fast for those two! Hahaha!

Anyways, I loved this whole series, I'm definitly putting on my list of 'Anime to doctrinate freinds with' along with Lucky Star and Genshiken!

It's a super thumbs up from me Yahoooo!
May 2, 2011 10:28 AM

Apr 2010
Beautiful episode, haters are watching the wrong show
Jun 14, 2011 9:46 PM
Apr 2011
Villetta_Nu said:
I can't say enough just how much I love Nagisa's parents!! I wish I had parents like that!
This, this this this this this! lol Nagisa's father is awesome xD

And I didn't do this much in the series but in this episode, I definitely lol'd - Tomoya's two "fantasies" for example.

I'm not ticked about the relationship not being really anywhere at this point, but I guess it doesn't affect me since I'm not into romantic stuff anyways (doesn't stop me from watching it), and even if I felt like it, I know there's a second season, a movie, and two alternate-story episodes to watch. I actually want to watch them now! but that'll wait for tomorrow... oh well.

Good series, it wasn't a 10/10 to me but it's a pretty solid 9/10. Maybe over time will change to 10/10. Very emotional series; other anime I've seen have not emotionally hit me like it did.
Jun 21, 2011 8:41 AM
Jun 2011
Chilli-Kun said:
Ketuekigami said:
That ending was great. Im glad they ended it with an ep. of comedy.

Mire said:

They have a second season for that.

they have a ova for this to~
--
i very loved it :3
i'll give that 9. ;D

nice final :D
Oct 18, 2011 3:44 PM

Aug 2011
I was expecting something more... the series seemed too old fashioned fr me xD

well I didnt particularly get their over the top reactions whenever any trifling thing occurred.
only kotomi's problem seemed to be a real one... I have already watched far too real emo serieses :3
but it was overall a good series ... I give it 7/10

I dint like the ending though. it was irritating fr my taste. well it's my personal taste. but I wud give it only 4/10.
Dec 17, 2011 10:17 AM

Nov 2008
Lol i find this episode alittle redundant since there's no kiss! at least they held hands..

Braced up myself for Clannad AS!
Jan 3, 2012 8:37 AM

Nov 2011
This series was absolutely brilliant! The episode was really funny aswell. I never thought about Sunohara X Mei XD The ending was quite nice, but I couldn't help think about the bread Nagisa left on the bench though XD
Jan 28, 2012 11:51 PM

May 2011
Great ending to a great series. Since I know there is a season 2, there couldn't of been a more befitting final episode.

Lots of laughs, especially at those strange fantasies LoL. I liked the light-hearted feeling of this ep, the plan was such a failure. ^^ Nagisa's cuteness knows no limits!

AKIO IS GAR

5/5
Feb 5, 2012 6:47 AM

Dec 2011
-Shuda- said:
Great ending to a great series. Since I know there is a season 2, there couldn't of been a more befitting final episode.

Lots of laughs, especially at those strange fantasies LoL. I liked the light-hearted feeling of this ep, the plan was such a failure. ^^ Nagisa's cuteness knows no limits!

AKIO IS GAR

5/5

This is not the final episode, it's extra episode, although I get your point...

Anyway there is no need to watch this episode, you can just go to After Story :D
Apr 23, 2012 6:04 PM

Jan 2012
The comedy was great! Pretty good series overall, can't wait to watch After Story!
Apr 24, 2012 4:01 AM

Nov 2011
Nagisa cuteness overload
Jun 20, 2012 4:00 PM

Jul 2009
Eh, nice last episode I guess. Funny how Mei was trying to set them up ... she and her brother are hilarious XD LOL @ Mei/Sunohara and Tomoya/Sunohara :P Mei's plan to bring business to the bakery was awesome too ahaha XD
Nagisa trying to lure Tomoya into doing what she wanted was pretty funny to watch, especially since it obviously wasn't working XD I guess they eventually held hands at the end ... yay?! Lol :P
Well, I dunno, I was expecting a lot more when I started watching this :S There were funny moments which were good and SUNOHARA FTW, but we didn't even get a proper arc for some of the girls and Nagisa was hella annoying. Although I will say that the animation was really good :3 Erm, music was OK too I guess. It was all right to watch, a bit boring at times (and overdose of sob story pasts lol) but yea, not bad. I'd give it a 6.5 but I suppose I'll be nice and round up to a 7/10
Jul 19, 2012 5:50 PM
Jan 2012
Tomoya: Yes, I reeeaally want to!
Nagisa: But I can't give it to you!
Tomoya: rrgh *falls*

That scene was so funny I watched it twice
Aug 13, 2012 6:36 AM

Dec 2010
This ending was really nice, I liked it despite my expectations that it'd fail. Tomoya's fantasies were just hilarious, btw xD

I can't assess Clannad the usual way I do with other animes, because it'd be stupid and pointless. I'll just say that it deserves 10/10, because it excelled in everything. The separate character stories were really good, and all there were so many good characters, that many of them deserved to get into favorite 10. From the main ones - Tomoya and Nagisa are without question one of them, and from the secondary ones - Tomoyo, Nagisa's father and Sunohara. Kotomi was great character, until her arc ended. Then she became useless for the story and kinda ruined all the build she got until then. I don't like to talk much about the Ryo-Kyo duo, because I didn't like them even for a moment throughout the show.

I liked every moment I've had with this anime, and I give it 10/10 the way I score few animes - without thorough assessment of it's content, just because I like it very much. I just heard there's a 2nd season, and I wonder if Life can get any better :D
Aug 15, 2012 10:40 PM

Jul 2008
There was only one flaw in this anime...

Nagisa... I don't even know why I hate her so much, It's just natural.
Sep 3, 2012 8:13 PM

Jul 2012
Aw, they left the muffin on the bench and abandoned it. ;_;

No but all jokes aside, it was pretty lovely for a finale/extra episode. 4/5 is my score for this episode.

7.8/10 is my final score.
Rounded would be 8/10. The show is cute, but I'd say I have mixed feelings about it. At times, I dislike it and at other times, I like it.

Gonna go watch the two alternate endings tomorrow night. Then I'll start After Story once I have free time.
Dec 10, 2012 10:22 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
pretty good! The act Nagisa played was funny, Tomoya's like eh? What's going on? looool Aiko funny as ever loool, he ran out the store with a squid bread in his mouth lmaoooooo. YESSS i Gonna Enjoy After Story!!! JUST what I need, *stretches arm, a continuation of Clannad and how things go. :P
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 12, 2012 6:01 PM

Feb 2012
3rd time watching the first season.
Still cried.
Dec 27, 2012 8:18 PM

Nov 2011
Is it blasphemy to say I enjoyed Hyouka better than this? I mean, Clannad certainly isn't NOT good, and it definitely has more "high drama" than Hyouka, but... I dunno. Maybe if a couple of the characters were stronger. Like both Fujibayashi sisters felt a tad generic to me, as did Nagisa (although less so). I thought Kotomi was the most interesting character, mostly because I felt like I hadn't really seen a character like her before. I will give them credit for doing some weird and interesting things. This is my third KyoAni show (after Suzumiya Haruhi and Hyouka) and all 3 definitely make an effort to not be ordinary. I just think they were a bit less successful in this case.

The one thing that this has that Hyouka doesn't is

(Hyouka spoilers, hence the tags)

I did end up scoring both shows an 8, though, but for different reasons. This had better plot elements and drama, Hyouka had better characters and it was more clever. Still, for someone who typically avoids these kinds of shows, Kyoto definitely manage to keep me interested.

Moving on to After Story. I see it is scored higher than this, but it was probably watched exclusively by people who enjoyed this season, so the mean score can shift upwards. Still, I hear it is better, so lucky me.
Jan 30, 2013 9:26 PM

Jan 2013
This was a great show. My friend asked me to check this anime out and I really enjoyed it. It's very cute, funny, sad and romantic. I'll watch the other Clannad when I have free time again. :)
Jan 31, 2013 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
Lee_Sin said:
This was a great show. My friend asked me to check this anime out and I really enjoyed it. It's very cute, funny, sad and romantic. I'll watch the other Clannad when I have free time again. :)

But how can you watch anime when you're blind?
Feb 23, 2013 5:30 AM

Jan 2012
Nothing spectacular but it was fine I guess.

Mar 15, 2013 1:01 PM

Jan 2013
Great finish with this 'extra episode'. The fantasy scenes were really funny. The ending with Nagisa trying to act like Mei said was really sweet too but Tomoya obviously knows something was up.

I'm glad Nagisa started calling Tomoya by his first name independently at the end too (finally!). The whole episode especially the end was really cute and sweet
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Mar 16, 2013 3:38 AM
Aug 2011
Good anime, got 8 from me.
Apr 30, 2013 5:55 PM
Mar 2013
Really cute ending! Loved the series ^^
May 9, 2013 10:34 PM

Jun 2012
i can see why after story is better but this one was really good to it was funny and it had its touching moments even after re-watching the show
RobertovkMay 9, 2013 10:38 PM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
May 11, 2013 10:58 AM
Apr 2013
i like this serie very much
May 14, 2013 9:15 PM

Dec 2012
BlackTruth said:
There was only one flaw in this anime...

Nagisa... I don't even know why I hate her so much, It's just natural.
Agreed. Nagisa is practically a damsel-in-distress extremist, which works with creating a solid plot, intimate and comedic moments, and puts the Tomoya's care in the spotlight. But character-wise she's a terrible person (and she definitely recognizes it by how much she bashes herself)!

Now Kotomi isn't my fav character but she definitely had the ideal story. It was perfect for a humble romance and was more deeply connected the the over-lapping behind-the-scenes story of "the girl in the imaginary world". I was extremely surprised when she became just friends wit everybody. Oh well, still luv Clannad ^-^!
May 24, 2013 11:36 PM

Nov 2012
This is where 99% of series finish.They get together and.............? We never know. and they try to end it with a kiss seen to make it seem "epic" for ppl to say "wow best romance series ever!" Clannad didnt need to do that (You know what I mean if yall seen After Story.
Jun 8, 2013 2:40 AM

Mar 2013
I don't know why but I didn't enjoy the second part of the show as much as the first part... I think I'll stick with a 6 or 7.
Jul 2, 2013 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
This was funny as hell!
Jul 19, 2013 10:47 AM

Apr 2012
Really enjoyed the first season. Going to start after story tomorrow. Would have been better if okzakai ended up with tomoya ( my opinion) . But stil really enjoyed
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2013 11:24 AM

Sep 2011
"Soul_Reaper_KN" said:
Would have been better if okzakai ended up with tomoya ( my opinion) .

I think he would be rather lonely :D
Jul 20, 2013 12:55 AM
Jun 2013
What a dumb ending to an anime. To me Clanned was based on relationships and the interactions between the characters; chaaracters were ok. Plot was average and so overall 8/10. But including the last ep 7.9/10.
Jul 25, 2013 9:41 AM

May 2013
Wow I must say...what an amazing anime! Final episode was actually ep.22, so I will base my rating from the episodes 1-22. I give this anime an 8.6/10. Such an entertaining anime, can't remember one part where I was bored or dazing out into space. It showed how likable Okazaki Tomoya can be. Pros about this anime was that the characters was a definite 10/10. Story line flawless and kept me hooked in throughout the whole entire thing. Only con is that the Fuko ark was a bit too long...Her ark took up most of the anime, but other than that excellent anime. My favourite ark had to be Kotome... I also though they should of made hers longer. Now... time to watch Clannad: Afterstory ... hope it's good ;)
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Aug 1, 2013 6:44 PM

May 2013
This anime was funny, but I was a bit disappointed with the girl he chose.

I give this anime a 7/10.
Aug 2, 2013 10:38 AM

Apr 2013
episode 23 was ok but not really that good..
Watch the latest anime here: http://aniverse2.blogspot.com/
Aug 11, 2013 7:13 AM

Apr 2013
Nice ending.
Can't wait to watch the next season
Asuna_LMNAug 11, 2013 7:17 AM
Aug 11, 2013 1:10 PM

Mar 2013
ahhh what a nice conclusion xD Dat imagination Tomoya lol

Anyways 10/10 for me. I loved the animation, the art clicked with me much more than Air or Kanon 2006, and the jokes and characters really touched me :)
ShaythekidAug 11, 2013 1:21 PM
Aug 16, 2013 7:22 PM

Feb 2013
Good ending. Though why did they just left the cinnamon roll behind? =[

I'd give it an 8.5/10. It had great art and animation, and a heartwarming story. Although some arcs suffer from slow pacing...

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Aug 28, 2013 9:20 AM

Mar 2013
That was an interesting Saga.
Mastery through endless repetition.
Aug 29, 2013 6:20 PM

Oct 2011
A bit lacking after the excellent previous episode, but still really cute. The last scene was adorable. I really enjoyed Clannad, probably one the most enjoyable anime I've ever watched! Loved the characters and their backstories. I can't wait to see After Story, which a lot of people say is even better.
Aug 30, 2013 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
Mire said:
While it was a nice and easy (and very funny) finale, I'm still a little disappointed..

Me to,i was hoping to see them kissing ^^
The series are awesome,love it :D
I think the ending was great,because we can see them together in love :)
The next thing to watch is the Ova & Movie.

Clannad - 10/10 :)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 31, 2013 8:20 PM
Jan 2013
I loved this. It was great how every step of the contrived, "perfect date" was so awkward. That's what happens when people try to force things instead of letting them happen naturally or being forthright about what they want to happen.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» How many episodes

Hickykissy - May 2

5 by Swagotically »»
Yesterday, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Faust721 - Dec 13, 2007

206 by CalmTeaTime »»
May 1, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

446 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 1, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 19, 2007

137 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 1, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

194 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 1, 6:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.