Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 27, 2022 10:59 PM

Jan 2022
Man Poor Shinji. It seems like every time he tries to reach out to someone he get's slapped in the face, both literally and metaphorically. At least we get to see a more positive side of Gendo too this episode. Leading from the front and all.

Also very nice to see everyone working together to defeat the giant spider thingy. I really don't mind these past couple of episodes with their Monster of the week slice of life vibe. It's nice.
-insert NGE meme here-
Jan 13, 2023 11:42 AM

Nov 2020
W Shinji. W Evas. W everything. W Rei.
Jan 26, 2023 10:04 AM

Mar 2016
Appreciate the way they were able to manually ready and launch the EVAs while having them manually crawl out towards the target - good thing they had tunnels big enough for them to crawl through with batteries attached. Shinji needs to wake up and stop trying to admire his father. He was given the impression that he had faith in the children, and while it was admirable that he physically took lead in the manual launch, I'm pretty sure it was for his own cause. That coupled with the fact there was pretty much no other logical course of action to take.

Rei says she knows if she got special treatment. Girl, while you obviously don't get special treatment in the expected sense - stuck with the prototype unit, sidelined a lot of the time, almost forced to pilot Unit 01 initially while half dead; you are completely oblivious to the special treatment you DO get......just ask Shinji :P

I want to appreciate the moments when Asuka actually comes up with solid combat tactics and even puts herself in front for the others......but her attitude out of combat is irritating as fuck. Dying fot attention from everyone and is actually the one who truely looks down on others most of the time.

While long overdue and needed to avoid travel silence, it felt just a touch out of place for Shinji to be asking about the angels. He's said nothing about them (or the underarmour appearance of his EVA) at all and we haven't even had an internal monologue of him thinking about what the angels are or why they attack, so while needed, it also gave vibes of being shoe-horned in as an "oh shit, we forgot about this plot point!".

Also, they decided the blackout was intentional human sabotage, but then just......left it at the end? Not even a final scene with Gendou figuring out who it was :/
May 22, 2023 8:14 PM
Feb 2021
I wonder if they launched all 3 Evas just to flex on whoever turned the power off. It's great to see them all fuck up the spider tho.
May 26, 2023 5:07 PM
Apr 2020
Cool that they got everything working without power
May 29, 2023 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
Asuka on Reis ass tho damn
Jun 29, 2023 8:34 PM
Feb 2023
"Shinji, crank that soulja boy"
Oct 5, 2023 1:39 PM
Sep 2023
la pelea fue muy corta
Nov 16, 2023 5:23 AM

Jun 2020
It looks like their relationship is getting better ,Asuka still attacks everyone but at least she can talk with Shinji in normal way sometimes.I dont think Rei cares that much of what Azuka saying to her but its says that Rei is favorite even though she was threated the worst they litreally plan to put her in Eva 01 half dead if Shinji didint agree.

Are they gonna explain who attack sabotage them?
Nov 30, 2023 2:05 PM

Mar 2022
God this was a funny episode, the EVAs just crawling out of the vent just to deal with the angel, Asuka not wanting to admit that she’s lost and the best moment by far:

Commander Fuyutsuki: It’s Hot.

Gendo Ikari: Yes.

XD!

It’s probably the best episode and honestly I’m not seeing what’s supposed to be bad about Evangelion cuz so far it’s just been great so far, otherwise it’s great to see the main three working together to take on the angel in particular plus we even got to see how their dynamic as a group works, I’ll say it’s certainly developing as a whole for me. Plus Shinji’s pretty much questioning why the Angels are attacking in the first place which honestly is something I’m surprised they haven’t covered it up to this point. Otherwise awesome episode I must say, really awesome episode.
Jan 6, 12:43 PM
Nov 2023
i like that, ever since asuka arrived, the anime has become happier. Even rei is getting along with them. But this all just feels like the silence before the storm.
Jan 11, 11:12 PM

Dec 2022
slowly but surely through many hard learned lessons Shinji becomes a real boy
sex fiends?
Mar 2, 5:10 AM
Feb 2024
11 was great!! Shinji, Rei and Asuka working together was awesome and seeing Nerv in a weakened state was really interesting. It was cool to see Commander Ikaris faith in them
Mar 6, 4:14 AM

Jul 2017
great episode, i liked a lot the chemistry that it's slowly forming between rei asuka and shinji, i also quite liked the scene where gendo helps with the evas' entry plugs with his own hands, it shows a lot about him.
shinji begins asking questions about the angels, and their reasons.
the scene with Fuyutsuki and gendo was really funny. ''it's lukewarm'' ''Yeah''
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Apr 2, 4:28 PM
Jul 2023
A pretty great episode, while not too deep, it’s funny and actually shows the trio all in the same room, which so far doesn’t happen much
- The entire base having no power for an episode is interesting. I wonder who did it? Kaji?
- Matareal was one of the coolest looking angels so far, and yet it went down so easy!! Not to say that the children’s plans were boring, but on paper, it just died to gunfire
Apr 7, 2:07 PM

Feb 2016
Good episode, we've finally seen Shinji, Rei & Asuka all togethers (:

I can't trust Kaji tho, he's a bit suspicious

Apr 9, 5:30 PM
Apr 2023
I really liked that they operated the entire Nerv base without electricity, showing that they have triple back up plans. And seeing all 3 EVA’s in action at the same time, plus Mommy Misato in an elevator and SHINJI CRANK SOULJA BOY
May 6, 5:13 PM
Apr 2024
Cute how Asuka always tries to be a leader but she lacks many real-world skills besides her confidence and will to power.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

813 by BitBitt »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

343 by sailorneptunelvr »»
May 15, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 13, 2007

195 by sailorneptunelvr »»
May 15, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

188 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
May 8, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

152 by sailorneptunelvr »»
May 8, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.