Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2019 12:33 AM

Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Amuro just wants to be a shut-in loser but his friends bullies bully him into going on a joy ride and roped into something bigger because of who his dad is.

And the ominous signs of something big about to happen. We're introduced to 2 new kids in love who might as well be wearing red shirts covered in death flags.
Aug 29, 2019 1:11 AM

Mar 2019
I'm loving this so much. Always wanted to get into Gundam, but there's been so much media that it's always felt daunting to begin. This series has been the perfect starting point.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode. Thought it was creepy how we got talk beforehand from Dozle about sending that colony to its death by having it collide with the Federation base, meanwhile those two kids are oblivious to the plan. They're just sitting there while the mobile suits are on the surface carrying out the preparations for the attack. And you can see them moving as the kids are chatting.
Nov 29, 2022 7:32 PM
May 2020
So much nostalgia when all these familiar names make cameos in the show! I remember Amuro's "friends" but that couple at the end, who were they?
Apr 29, 1:44 PM

May 2015
The couple at the end are no one in particular, just random people carrying massive death flags :( I also wondered who are they when I first watched it because of how much attention they got, but I guess they were included just for some sad romantic symbolism.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red Comet Episode 13 Discussion

Rod_Russ - Aug 14, 2019

12 by Ten »»
Apr 29, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red Comet Episode 11 Discussion

Vysarine - Sep 15, 2019

4 by Ten »»
Apr 29, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red Comet Episode 9 Discussion

Vysarine - Sep 1, 2019

4 by Ten »»
Apr 29, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red Comet Episode 6 Discussion

Berry-Vodka - Jul 16, 2021

4 by Ten »»
Apr 29, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red Comet Episode 5 Discussion

Berry-Vodka - Jul 16, 2021

4 by Ten »»
Apr 29, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.