Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2008 11:04 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, it was an alright episode as it was mainly retelling. Looking forward to the finale~
Mar 27, 2008 11:28 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I liked this episode more than the first one. We now know all there is to know about the story up to this point so that's cool. I'm also looking forward to the final episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 27, 2008 3:58 PM

Jul 2007
I'm a bit concerned that they used 33% of the series with a recap... Seemed a bit pointless as most of it was just like it happened in the first series, but okay, I won't complaim, I understand their reasons. I just hope there will be enough time for an appropriate conclusion with just one more ep.
Mar 27, 2008 4:31 PM
Feb 2008
Very much recap.
I hope the Final got not only Recap or i will be crazy =)

Waiting for 26.4 =)
Mar 27, 2008 5:08 PM

Oct 2007
Compared to the first episode this one was awesome.
It shows the story from Mitsukis point-of-view which is, in my opinion, a good thing. There were some recaps, but also alot of new scenes settled in the original Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.

When the last episode will have a decent ending, then this OVA isn't as disappointing as I thought after ep.1

Mar 27, 2008 9:26 PM

Jun 2007
KamiTe said:
Compared to the first episode this one was awesome.
It shows the story from Mitsukis point-of-view which is, in my opinion, a good thing. There were some recaps, but also alot of new scenes settled in the original Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.

When the last episode will have a decent ending, then this OVA isn't as disappointing as I thought after ep.1

I agree, it was nice to see the story in Mitsukis's point of view and also we got to see her life after the brake up. I feel bad for her more now :(.

The last ep will probably just tie everything together. Takayuki will get a full time job doing something good and then he will propose to Haruka.
Mar 28, 2008 3:40 AM

Sep 2007
I like this episode than the first one and i'm hoping that the final episode will be more interesting :D

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Mar 28, 2008 12:19 PM

Aug 2007
I enjoyed the fact that most of the episode was mostly a recap of some of the holes left behind by KGNE. This being the Haruka route, it was inevitable that skipping the Yoshiyuki/Mitsuki pairing would leave behind some questions as to what really happened. The events themselves were almost identical, but there were some minute changes that affected the overall outcome of the story (just like picking a certain flag in a VN).

A major complaint is how the sakuga quality took a major nosedive compared to KGNE. Is this a low budget production?

So Mitsuki slept with Shinji in both routes...lucky guy! xD

Liking the drama so far...I'm kinda hoping for a bad end here...=P
Mar 28, 2008 8:18 PM

Feb 2008
i think the ep was ok. so far im not really too bothered with the story so far. the last one could go either way. i suppose it'll be fun.
Mar 29, 2008 4:29 AM

Mar 2008
I quite liked this episode. I found it nice to see Mitsuki's point of view. She always appeared to me as a bad person, but I finally started to understand her feelings. Very entertaining.

I didn't mind the recaps. It was quite a while ago that I saw Kiminozo, so I didn't remember all of it.

A small complainment, I dislike their hair, it just doesn't seem natural (okay, that's normal with anime hair, but well...) to me and it annoys me.
Mar 29, 2008 4:38 PM

Mar 2008
With all the recap, this episode just reminded me why I hated Mitsuki so much during the TV series.
Mar 29, 2008 7:14 PM

Oct 2007
They really lightened up the blame on Mitsuki this episode in that recap, telling it from her view and all is cool but they changed a few things in the recap which were the reasons why I never really felt bad for Mitsuki in the actual series. Been so long but it was ok.
Mar 30, 2008 8:54 PM

Apr 2007
This ep was ok, mostly recap yes with some extra information. Felt a bit corny at times but i liked it mostly non-the-less.

Bring on the last ep~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2008 4:10 PM

Nov 2007
This episode remined me why this series touched my heart so much, where the first one failed to do that :).

Last episode must be very good too make this a good OVA. But I almost know for sure it will.
Apr 6, 2008 9:40 AM

Mar 2008
I think this was an ok episode. Initially I never really liked Mitsuki, but seeing this, it somehow let me have more sympathy in her. Still a recap, but the graphic and art was better than before, so worth 30 minutes watching. High hopes on the last episode...

心に宿る魂の声が聞こえる...
Apr 6, 2008 7:12 PM

Nov 2007
I really enjoyed this episode way better than the first one. It gives you a good feel for how Mitsuki feels and that she did try her best.
Apr 10, 2008 9:21 AM

Nov 2007
This was extremely weak. After seeing this, I have no idea what the creators are trying to accomplish by releasing this "new" series. There is no way this can be taken as a stand alone series so why bother spending 80% of the time showing us what we've already seen, but with less attractive art? Where was Haruka's "alternate storyline" development? A three-minute flashback scene and a few mentions by Takayuki? Even if someone who hasn't seen the the original TV series decided to watch, this sure as hell would not entertain them. Such a disappointment...
Apr 11, 2008 12:36 PM

Apr 2008
At least Mitsuki finally admitted it was her fault.. I, like many other people, hated her a lot from season 1.. but now Ive sympathized with her, I guess. Its kinda funny, I almost thought they made Mitsuki commit suicide after watching ep 1.
but i find it pretty stupid takayuki still chooses haruka, him and mitsuki spent a year+ together in a relationship, and him and haruka have only spent a month together.. bleh.
Apr 19, 2008 10:43 PM
Aug 2007
+5 for having mitsuki
-1 for takayuki being such a fagshit
-1 for subpar animation w/e for an OVA

episode gets a 3

Mitsuki > Haruka
k
May 6, 2008 12:20 PM

Mar 2008
Whoa, I didn't think that Mitsuki was one of the reasons of Haruka's accident. I hated her in a instant. (But still Mitsuki is better than Haruka)
Aug 9, 2008 12:35 PM

Dec 2007
somebody noticed something at 8:12 ... like:

hmm... can someone please translate? would be nice ...
DarkMissingnoAug 9, 2008 12:39 PM
Nov 5, 2008 3:24 PM

Jan 2008
DarkMissingno said:
somebody noticed something at 8:12 ... like:

hmm... can someone please translate? would be nice ...

Isn't the story set in 2001? Know what I mean?
Nov 26, 2008 8:49 PM
Oct 2008
This Episode is great! I like it!

There are also many emotions!

@devilish000: I have seen the Episode with German Subs.

As is:
"Then there are 2 buildings collapsed .."
LiaraAlisNov 26, 2008 8:55 PM
Dec 29, 2008 4:38 PM

Jun 2008
I feel sorry for Mitsuki. it really annoys me when people bash Mitsuki so much. She certainly isn't perfect but no one should be. she is the more realistic character. Haruka just seems too nice and perfect. I don't like that type of anime girl
Jun 30, 2009 7:45 PM

Aug 2008
Hmmm recap episode.... and it got Mitsuki in this.... But I find it weird and so soap opera-ish.... lemme elaborate.... First of all I loved that the script writers decided to give Mitsuki some screen time here in this new OVA.... But wha the hell with the other gal huh? Has she had to be there for the recap... I have nothing against the recap, but I have somethin against the girl.... She was pointless.... maybe a psychologist or even a Mitsuki monologue would have been better than introducing a new character...

I gotta say the recap was weird, but as this a retelling of the story taking Haruka's Route then it's usual for the story to change a little.... thou it still has some elements in common... like the obvious accident, the key of everything, the aquarium times and Takayuki's obsession to remain besides Haruka... What I liked is that we saw some new elements here and there that made this a bit more possible for the Haruka Route

Then tell me... it's illogical.... ain't it? For Mitsuki visiting HAruka just before she was discharged and having that talk and everything and as a one of the first scenes with Haruka outside the hospital seeing her on the rooftop of the hospital... that's plain stupid... TO me it was like Haruka had an hallucination of Mitsuki standing on the rooftop, rather than a troubling moment for Mitsuki... Lame imo...

that pretty much explains my POV of why I consider this episode over dramatic... In fact i really think they reused the drama of the past season and tried to make it more dramatic this time... which they failed miserably but anyway made us remember KGNE amazingness XD Well I guess love provokes this kind of things... And it's true, Mitsuki is the more realistic of the bunch... Takayuki is stupid and obsessive, Shiji is emotionless and Haruka is too perfect... and suddenly becomes an inconsistent character... meh

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2009 10:31 PM

Aug 2009
Some were recaps but was still well done.
and OMG I'M IN LOVE WITH THE ANIMATION. IT'S JUST SO SEXY. <3
Aug 18, 2010 4:07 AM

Jul 2010
This was extremely contradicting. Takayuki was in MUCH deeper depression during that time. He looked much worse during the aquarium visit than he did in this recap as well. Even the scene where they broke up was completely different. Oh well... =/
OnyxthegreatAug 18, 2010 4:20 AM

Dec 24, 2010 11:07 PM

Jan 2010
Mmm, ED sounds great.
Also the art in this is great, they should of used this in the actual series..
The colouring of the hair is actually what first attracted me to this series.
Mar 10, 2011 4:31 PM

Aug 2010
I dont like that they kind of redid Takayuki's face and that this was a giant recap episode.
Nov 5, 2012 9:53 PM

Jun 2012
i liked it a lot cause because of Mitsukis's point view my thoughts about her changed a little at first i understand most of her thoughts but now some other things got clear now i respect her even better
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Apr 13, 2013 5:52 AM

May 2012
This episode was actually quite decent actually better than the telling of the main story, the slight differences of what happened and their relations sure made it way better than the original telling! Now Mitsuki looks slightly less bad than originally, the brakeup as well was way better in this case!

Great second episode with a nice recap of what happened and with even better changes in them!
Nov 30, 2013 12:43 PM

Dec 2010
All I can say is, why isn't this side arc the main story line?

I actually cried in this episode WTF. I didn't shed a tear for the main arc. I like it when the character are smart and understanding. This episode proves that they are.

Mitzuki understood everything but she didn't want to leave him. As well as Takayuki knew everything too, that scene when he is in the rooftop was perfect for the main arc. I hated the main arc because the characters made so many horrible decisions, cannot explain themselves, lie to themselves, never spent the time all 5 of them to talk (includes Shinji and Akane). What a great episode this review is way more positive than the one I gave for the main arc.

Once again, WHY ISN'T THIS THE MAIN ARC T_T.
Jul 15, 2014 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
"The one at fault was the person who caused the accident." That girl knows what she's talking about.

RafaelDeJongh said:
This episode was actually quite decent actually better than the telling of the main story, the slight differences of what happened and their relations sure made it way better than the original telling! Now Mitsuki looks slightly less bad than originally, the brakeup as well was way better in this case!

Great second episode with a nice recap of what happened and with even better changes in them!

I agree, I'm really enjoying this OVA!!
Dec 10, 2014 4:58 AM

Apr 2009
episode recap. hope episode 3 is a good one.
Dec 10, 2014 8:02 PM

Jul 2012
Flashback on Mitsuki perspective :D
I cannot really blame her :(

Dec 21, 2014 8:22 PM

Aug 2014
somewhat entertaining seeing it from Mitsuki's POV
Jun 30, 2016 11:12 AM

Dec 2015
The swim club girl said:
The one at fault was the person who caused the accident.

My God, only an external character could see the obvious?

I,can see why they did a summary: they changed a few details. I disliked Takayuki's breakdown and the way Mitsuki fixed him. Also, I always thought that the first TV episodes covered more than a single month... On the other hand, the roof scene of Takayuki was a nice add.

The drawings were often somewhat bizarre, independently from the new chara-design (who doesn't go well with most of the characters

2.5/5 It could have been shorter.
Rei_IIIJun 30, 2016 11:29 AM
Mar 14, 2017 3:13 PM

Jul 2014
Least Mitsuki proved she was trying to gain for her own agenda by taking Takayuki and being the replacement "Haruka". Usually I skip recaps but this one was done well.
Nov 6, 2017 3:20 PM
Aug 2015
I think that Mitsuki is the most realistic
character in this anime series so many people hate Mitsuki character but she was the only person who took care of him when he was depressed I actually feel sorry for Mitsuki she gave up her swimming career for a office job that she obviously hates
and for what to be dumt by her boyfriend for her ex-bestfrend who fucked her boyfriend even though she knew the they were still together at the time
Dec 21, 2023 6:06 PM

Dec 2022
What is this, a glorified recap episode? All the sappy music and tears in the world aren't going to make Mitsuki a sympathetic character at this point anyway.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jul 4, 2008

52 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 21, 2023 6:52 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 21, 2007

69 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:49 AM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 18, 2008

84 by EsieEyen »»
Nov 17, 2022 5:34 AM

» Finally a resolution after ten years

mrJuni - Jun 10, 2015

1 by Comedy »»
Jun 11, 2015 1:16 PM

» Haruka should never have existed

mechian - Nov 3, 2013

1 by White_Alice »»
Dec 10, 2014 3:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.