Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2019 12:06 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thank you donghua team for showing what a badass Wei Wuxian can be, especially when he uses demonic cultivation.

Also poor him, those Yiling Laozu portraits were drawn so hideously xD
Aug 18, 2019 4:41 PM
Jan 2014
That music when Xiao Xingchen was introduced was epic. Wonder what it's called from the OST? Also who's that mysterious guy in the black cloak with him? Song Lan?
Aug 19, 2019 5:49 AM
Apr 2018
3 is subbed ❤️❤️❤️

Is it just me or is this like the 3rd time JC is pulling the backwards-glance "lwj are you gonna get in my way!" Yes man he finna get in your way he explained that to you back in s1.

They're really seamlessly slipping in those Cornetto ads 😂
IdknymkreAug 19, 2019 9:55 AM
Aug 19, 2019 7:37 AM
Mar 2019
Baby wei ying past ;^;
Everything about this show is just WOW. The character, the story, the pace, the OST.
Every shot are beautiful too, already AOTS for me
Aug 19, 2019 9:04 AM

Dec 2016
I'm not ashamed to say I yelled the whole time for Wen Ning to beat Jiang Cheng during their fight. JC looked really cool flying on his sword and using Zidian. JC and JL are truly big and small grumpy. Jin Guangyao's influence is so minimal on Jin Ling.

Jiang FengMian is so beautiful and soft. He reminds me of those mums in anime that always end up dead in some way. He was too good for the world <3

I find it exciting that I'm not entirely sure what's going on. I think I know who's behind the experiments now, but I got lost at some bits. Can't wait for some proper reveals. But I think they should slow the pace a bit. I'm getting the feeling that one of my favourite arcs will end up being an episode long (which is too short if they do it)

MiciAngelsAug 19, 2019 9:08 AM
Aug 19, 2019 9:24 AM

Sep 2016
I really like how they sneak in the advertisements in there doesnt really disrupt the flow of the show that much.

Mici_Angels said:
I'm not ashamed to say I yelled the whole time for Wen Ning to beat Jiang Cheng during their fight. JC looked really cool flying on his sword and using Zidian. JC and JL are truly big and small grumpy. Jin Guangyao's influence is so minimal on Jin Ling.

Jiang FengMian is so beautiful and soft. He reminds me of those mums in anime that always end up dead in some way. He was too good for the world <3

I find it exciting that I'm not entirely sure what's going on. I think I know who's behind the experiments now, but I got lost at some bits. Can't wait for some proper reveals. But I think they should slow the pace a bit. I'm getting the feeling that one of my favourite arcs will end up being an episode long (which is too short if they do it)

Yeah Im not really sure what is going on either at times. It feels like there is something happening constantly and to see the bits and pieces start making sense, forming around and constructing into a bigger picture feels really satisfying
Aug 19, 2019 9:32 PM

Jul 2009
Mici_Angels said:

Yup, and that's why he died T-T
Aug 20, 2019 10:53 PM

Dec 2018
Seeing baby Wei Ying frightened ate me up inside! But then his smile melted my heart! Best scene of the week :)
Aug 21, 2019 12:45 AM
Jul 2018
Serious question. Where can I get those cornettos?

Anyway, they've strayed off the novel a bit but managed to bring in Xiao Xingchen. Guess it's time to bring in the handkerchief.
Aug 21, 2019 2:00 AM

Mar 2014
I'm definitely not ready to have my heart shattered by Yi City again :(

It was great seeing Jiang Cheng again <3 Wei Wuxian being offended by the Yiling Laozu drawings was the funniest scene in the episode lol
Aug 21, 2019 4:02 AM
Nov 2017
Wish everybody did advertisement as great as Mo Dao Zu Shi, i would even dare say that i find them entertaining :D
Aug 21, 2019 5:29 AM

May 2018
Jiang FengMian flashback make me sad. LOL! That drawing. Can't wait to see who behind all those troubles. Episode 4 please.
Aug 21, 2019 8:32 AM

Sep 2017
Now that was a really smooth advertisement !

Fantastic episode as usual, I really like the chemistry between Lan Wangji and Mo/Wei Wuxian, I think LWJ has some doubts about WWX's revival

WWX's brother seems to have gone mad over the years. Well, I can understand him because...the Lotus Pier, you know, but he may becomes an antagonist further in the anime
Aug 21, 2019 9:53 AM

Jan 2016
I love how unique this series is, its really setting my standard bar for anime/animation high in the future. Wish we get more series like this, i'm in love.
Aug 21, 2019 11:52 AM

Apr 2015
-Catsidhe- said:
I love how unique this series is, its really setting my standard bar for anime/animation high in the future. Wish we get more series like this, i'm in love.

Author's other work is getting adapted next year

https://myanimelist.net/anime/38990/Chuan_Shu_Zijiu_Zhinan

and her latest book is also getting a tv series and donghua somewhere down the line
Aug 21, 2019 12:11 PM

Jan 2013
Vsegda7 said:
-Catsidhe- said:

Sadly, it's full 3D.
Aug 21, 2019 12:32 PM

Apr 2015
chi4ko said:
Vsegda7 said:

Sadly, it's full 3D.

Unfortunately, yes

I'm still going to watch it for the story and characters. And, who knows, they already tweaked character designs after fan complaints, so it may still turn up fine
Aug 21, 2019 1:33 PM

Dec 2016
Vsegda7 said:
-Catsidhe- said:

and her latest book is also getting a tv series and donghua somewhere down the line

I think it's getting the full MDZS treatment. Donghua, manhua, live action, audio drama and a video game.
I wonder how the MDZS game development is going on...
Aug 21, 2019 6:34 PM
Jul 2018
Another great episode. I laughed at the cornetto ad. Cheng's dad nearing the end of the episode looked gorgeous.
Aug 21, 2019 8:07 PM

May 2017
Really love the vibe and how relaxing this show is eventho its supposed to be gloomy and dark, the ost are really the best one from this season.

Baby wei ying are super cute♡ but no wonder he's afraid of dog, glad jiang fengmian saves him.
livexevilAug 21, 2019 9:41 PM
Aug 22, 2019 4:17 PM

Mar 2016
Now they have made the cornetto ad a part of the story. lol.

I really want to know Wei Wuxian's full past! He doesn't seem like a cruel man, but the end of season 1 does show a rather cruel side of him.

Sometimes, I feel like the characters sound quite similar to their live-action counterparts.

Did season 1 ever talk about Wei Wuxian's mum? I have no memory of it.

The episode just ended. I am quite curious to know what happened to the coward Qinghe Nie boy. I'd say he was being a bad leader, but he just had a conversation with a bird.
Aug 22, 2019 4:51 PM

Dec 2016
FuMomo-kun said:

I really want to know Wei Wuxian's full past! He doesn't seem like a cruel man, but the end of season 1 does show a rather cruel side of him.

Sometimes, I feel like the characters sound quite similar to their live-action counterparts.

The episode just ended. I am quite curious to know what happened to the coward Qinghe Nie boy. I'd say he was being a bad leader, but he just had a conversation with a bird.

That''s the beauty of MDZS. You already know Wei WuXian was a bad guy from the beginning, now you just need to discover exactly why he became so infamous. It's kinda like knowing a spoiler for the end of an movie yet it doesn't ruin it at all.

Fun fact. Almost all (if not all) Donghua and audio drama MDZS voice actors lend their voices in live action. You might have noticed live!LWJ and donghua!LWJ sound similar? They are voiced by the same dude lol.
My personal favourite is that donghua Lan QiRen is live action Wen Ruohan XD
Aug 22, 2019 5:00 PM

Mar 2016
Mici_Angels said:
FuMomo-kun said:

That''s the beauty of MDZS. You already know Wei WuXian was a bad guy from the beginning, now you just need to discover exactly why he became so infamous. It's kinda like knowing a spoiler for the end of an movie yet it doesn't ruin it at all.

Fun fact. Almost all (if not all) Donghua and audio drama MDZS voice actors lend their voices in live action. You might have noticed live!LWJ and donghua!LWJ sound similar? They are voiced by the same dude lol.

That is quite interesting. It felt like Lan WangJi, Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng from the donghua sounded quite similar to their live-action counterparts.

There is an audio drama too? I feel like MDZS is only missing video game and card game adaptions, unless it has those too.
Aug 22, 2019 5:10 PM

Dec 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
Mici_Angels said:

That is quite interesting. It felt like Lan WangJi, Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng from the donghua sounded quite similar to their live-action counterparts.

There is an audio drama too? I feel like MDZS is only missing video game and card game adaptions, unless it has those too.

WWX was voiced by the audio drama VA, they sound very similar. And JC is voiced by audio drama Lan XiChen, another interesting choice! (here's a link to some more VA triva: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/TheUntamed)

MDZS currently, not counting the novel, has: donghua, audio drama, manhua, ebook (narrated by audio drama Sect Leader Jiang) and live action. A video game is in development, not sure which genre or style
Aug 23, 2019 5:06 AM

Mar 2016
Mici_Angels said:
FuMomo-kun said:

WWX was voiced by the audio drama VA, they sound very similar. And JC is voiced by audio drama Lan XiChen, another interesting choice! (here's a link to some more VA triva: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/TheUntamed)

MDZS currently, not counting the novel, has: donghua, audio drama, manhua, ebook (narrated by audio drama Sect Leader Jiang) and live action. A video game is in development, not sure which genre or style

I saw the link. I am not very familiar with Chinese dramas, but are they always dubbed by voice actors? I have only ever seen one other Chinese drama, and it also sounded quite dubbed.

It's actually getting a video game adaptation? lol. Well, this is an entertaining story, so I guess it deserves it.
Aug 23, 2019 2:22 PM

Dec 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
Mici_Angels said:

I saw the link. I am not very familiar with Chinese dramas, but are they always dubbed by voice actors? I have only ever seen one other Chinese drama, and it also sounded quite dubbed.

It's actually getting a video game adaptation? lol. Well, this is an entertaining story, so I guess it deserves it.

I don't know. The Untamed was my first chinese drama, might go for one other but I can't guess if it's also dubbed or not. I personally wouldn't have noticed if Lan Wangji and Wen Ruohan hadn't sounded so familiar. I really wish Japan made more dramas set in some older period, I'm sick of all the school things they do

It deserves it. The novel was the best read I did. The author's other two novels are also going to get adaptations. He latest book is getting everything like MDZS. Not sure about the first tho, it's getting a 3d donghua (2020), manhua and audio drama (not sure).
Sep 8, 2021 10:25 AM

Jan 2021
Wei wuxian being afraid of dogs never fails to make me laugh. Although it’s sad when you know the reason why he’s afraid of dogs.
Oct 26, 2022 6:51 PM

Dec 2016
Wait just a minute... did Cheng and Wei don't recognize each other as brothers anymore? What's going on here? x_x That was shocking.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 2, 2023 5:48 PM
Oct 2023
Minha primeira novel chinesa, amei

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 2 Discussion

Xealias - Aug 2, 2019

24 by KuroKen15 »»
Feb 15, 12:05 PM

» Are you confused?

Idknymkre - Aug 7, 2019

14 by serina7 »»
Feb 7, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xealias - Aug 23, 2019

51 by iamnameers »»
Feb 4, 2023 8:38 AM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xealias - Aug 31, 2019

50 by diorcula »»
Jan 31, 2023 1:46 AM

» Altogether how'd you like S2?

Idknymkre - Aug 31, 2019

43 by Ougi_00 »»
Oct 29, 2022 12:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.