Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2019 9:27 PM
Oct 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
So this Frankenstein's monster of an anime is finally over. I say Frankenstein's monster cause the quality is just so inconsistent and the anime just feels so forcefully stiched up and composed, all thanks to J.C. Staff's horrible scheduling and state.

The content this season adapted is my favorite chunk of OPM. Had it been well-adapted, it would've been 10/10 material for me. And there are times when the anime is able to capture the impact and spirit of the manga. But it's just too far and in-between for me to truly appreciate it. Honestly, I find the animation to be quite okay. There's definitely some bad cuts and literally no cuts, but there's times when it's really damn good. And honestly, from an animation standpoint, I can't say I was too disappointed, It's no S1, but it's not bad either. It's pretty much average for most parts, and above average, or even very good for the moments that matters. Shoutout to Aoki for doing a fantastic cut in almost every episode. Despite denying it, he must've been overworked. Imagine if he had a better schedule to work with and less cuts to be depended on for. He's being wasted by being at J.C. Staff. Same for those webgen animators; they're work in episode 8 was good, but it clearly looks unfinished. J.C. Staff's work has been quite good considering their schedule.

But my real issue is the directing. Not that it's always bad, but when it is, it's really, really bad. The flow from scene-to-scene is lacking and overall makes it seem like as if this series is rushing when it really isn't. It's just not put well together. Some shot angles are pretty lacking, and it's not even to hide the lack of animation or anything. Sometimes it doesn't even do justice to the animation effort in. Speaking of not giving justice to its animation, that blur effect used to bypass the TV seizure regulation really kills their effort. They should've just dimmed the brightness like S1. Watching the blu-ray release of this season seems like a mandatory thing now. And some directorial choices with the coloring, like the tanned look of some characters and that metal gradient... really? It's not even a effort saving decision. The director actually thought that it would look good. Like, wow. Also, dem sound effects are meme-worthy at times. At times, it's hype like JoJo. At times, it's laughable like Berserk 2016. As expected from the sound director.

The content in this season is OPM at its best. Saitama can only serve as a punchline for so long until it gets boring, so this season dedicates itself to develop and expand on the Hero Association and the differences between heroes and monsters. And it's most critical choice as to literally chance it's main character from an OP hero (parody of a shounen MC) to a in-training villain (shounen MC characteristics given to a villain). In a way, OPM still manages to parody the tropes by giving them to the villain instead. OPM's whole goal is to be fun. In S1, it does it be using the OP gag and S2 creates fun out of the absurtity of the heroes' design and abilities and Garou's antics. And Garou's just super endearing. He's blood-thirsty against heroes, but kind to anyone else. And he's represents a grey part in-between this whole hero and monsters thing. And his seiyuu is perfection. He was my second choice for Garou, and he nailed the character.

Overall, I guess this season is still a 7/10 for me, which is good, but considering its content, it should've been much higher. Prior to this season starting, I was expecting much, much worse. If you've seen J.C. Staff's projects after Taboo Tattoo, you'd confuse their works for a powerpoint presentation. It would've been a 6, but these last two episodes really pushed it up. Wasn't expecting that at all since most anime productions get worse as it goes on. As haphazardly put together their schedule was, at least they times it right, knowing which episodes to prioritize and whatnot. I was totally expecting episode 3 being their all-out episode, then them losing steam for the rest of the run, but they did great with episode 11 and even this episode was quite good. And they even called in a lot of talented webgen animators for episode 8 and 11. Now, if only they had more time..
I'm totally agree with u at all, J.C Staff killed OPM. I'm still thinking that's an enjoyable show, but no more.
Jul 2, 2019 9:28 PM

Sep 2017
Well not the conclusion I was expecting. We really didn't wrap up anything. We just killed the big ass centipede. I kinda woulda liked Genos to get a win for once instead of having Saitama save him once again. But anyway Garou might get forced into being a monster and will become quite powerful. I'll probably actually just read the manga at some point.
Jul 2, 2019 9:35 PM
Nov 2015
I get all your complaints, but despite all the poor animation and directing I still enjoyed it very much.

Story-wise this season was much better than the first season (does the first season even have a plot, anyway?).

This last episode was fucking GREAT.

7/10 for me.
Jul 2, 2019 9:43 PM
Jan 2016
Good finale!

Damn Garo was just deleted by Bang and his brother, and was truly awesome!

We got to see some of Garo past, i think now i understand him even more, he truly have a sad backstory, i completely understanf him now!

Genos, Bang and his Brother fighting cethypede was pretyy awesome, Bang and his brother combo attack was so beautifull, Genos de and awesome fight too!

Saitama at the end did his typical overpwered punch xD

Jul 2, 2019 9:44 PM

Jul 2016
Did they just copy the frames from the first OP to animate Saitama's punch?... uh ok.

Average final episode. The Garou vs. Bang fight was somewhat "decent" but I couldn't help but feel annoyed by those awful sound effects. I honestly don't know what the sound engineer was thinking but well. I just hope they can change that if a new season is ever planned in some future.

Overall, it was an OK season. I found some episodes entertaining enough but the rest left me feeling unimpressed for the most part, in both animation and story.
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed the first season way more than this one but mostly because of the parodic approach it took regarding the shounen genre. Unfortunately, once the story progression became "serious" and less parodic, my interest for the show decreased as well.

5/10
SouthRzVaJul 2, 2019 9:48 PM
Jul 2, 2019 9:49 PM

Mar 2010
its so funnny to see them list king with the top heroes.
Jul 2, 2019 9:50 PM
Mar 2017
That girl towards the end of the episode was fine af
Jul 2, 2019 9:59 PM
Nov 2018
The only character I was even remotely interested in was garou.
Jul 2, 2019 10:00 PM

Oct 2017
Well the last two episode was well animated. Still it doesnt cover for what they did to the entire series but whatever and RIP those who only watch the anime a cliffhanger XD.Well hope they do a better job in s3.
MegamiRemJul 2, 2019 10:24 PM
Jul 2, 2019 10:05 PM

Aug 2014
Overall, this season is actually fine. Animation is still passable, metallic textures make me want to puke, but I can live with that. But the only part that absolutely turned me off since episode 1 is the sound effect.
If they ever planned making S3 with the same studio, for god sake, PLEASE fire the sound director who did S2 or replace him with someone better. I'm sick of hearing variation of gun/machine gun sound effects in a fist fight.
Jul 2, 2019 10:15 PM

May 2010
hard to rate this for me since i knew the story from the manga already but the animation quality and style looked so bad at times ...its a goddamn shame it doesnt live up to the greatness of the manga.

6/10
Jul 2, 2019 10:42 PM

Feb 2019
it is not necessary to invent mega-powerful mystical entities to defeat Saitama, since he will never be able to beat a studio that destroyed his anime.
Jul 2, 2019 11:08 PM
Nov 2016
Let's compare this episode with the final episode of season 1, yeah, not even fucking close.

Goddamn this episode was anti-climatic as hell. And people say this season is better than season 1, I want the shit you guys are smoking because I'll probably would have enjoyed this better with it too.

Anyway, just another mediocre episode, this episode is probably still better than the majority of the episodes this season presented so far, episode 3, 10 and 11 are better than this but this episode is not far behind them but still, meh...

The irony is that Elder Centipede was animated quite decent with that CGI, I thought that was going to be the most problematic part of this season but they handled that pretty well.

I'm glad this fucking season is over, I hope they don't do a season 3 if they gonna keep this mediocre quality and for the people saying that this season is better than season 1, stop doing drugs, they are bad for your health.
Jul 2, 2019 11:10 PM

May 2016
7/10 not as good as the first season but honestly still great. The animation wasn't as good as the first season sure but it was not anywhere near bad. I loved the growth of the side characters in this season, and it had some great fights. I really hope all these people constantly complaining doesn't affect us getting or not getting a season 3.

The conclusion, still a really entertaining anime, don't listen to the people saying it is TERRIBLE because JC staff is doing it now.
Jul 2, 2019 11:20 PM

May 2013
Nooooo it's over I might die before we get another season!!!!!!! I don't want to read the manga it's so much better animated JC staff!! Madhouse any studio please!!!!
Jul 2, 2019 11:22 PM

Apr 2015
As someone who didnt really enjoy S1 that much I must say the S2 was quite great. Sure the animation wasnt as good but the plot was more interesting in this season.
Jul 2, 2019 11:22 PM

Dec 2008
The last two episodes were good but the backlash on season 2 was overwhelming to say the least. I doubt we'll see a season 3 so I'll continue with the manga. ( ̄ヘ ̄;)
Jul 2, 2019 11:35 PM
May 2019
phantomfandom said:
Garo's flashback make me think of this metaphor
Hero = Madhouse
Monster = JC Staff
And Garo's trying his best to prove his point, to let the hero taste the punch from the weak
come on, this studio did a good job, I like it, but if you don't like it just keep calm kontol
Jul 3, 2019 12:03 AM

Aug 2015
Generally, if an anime doesn't resolve its plot threads it sets up, I consider it botched. This a good candidate for that; I felt the anime lost momentum with the martial arts tournament and maybe that could have been abridged to resolve the kidnapping / Orochi business. Hopefully a season 3 will pick this up to make it feel more complete, but I don't like it when an anime ends with out feeling like an ending.

I tihnk Garo ended up being the most sympathetic character and what One punch Man 2 does really well is further deconstruct the concept of heroes that was already hinted at by the ranking system. Fubuki's hero mafia and the use of overwhelming lethal force by the side of "justice" recalls some similar examples from American history, such as the deaths of John Dillinger and Bonnie and Clyde. I'm not a watcher of Japanese tokatsu shows (which I asusme is the kind of show that tormented Garo, so maybe this is a referendum on the use of force in such shows as Ultraman?
Graphic death of monsters is a staple of the One Punch series that I think helps to reinforce the series' examination of the justifications of the use of force as "just."

Still, It's a bit disappointing the most compelling character is Garo and not any other returning or new character. OPM 2 feels like it falls short of the greatness that it should otherwise have.
Jul 3, 2019 12:04 AM

Dec 2016
If I didn't read the manga, I would probably say something like "8/10. Wasn't bad and i don't understand the hate behind it. Just turn your brain off and the anime looks like a masterpiece!"
But since I did and the webcomic, this adaptation had many ups and downs.
It was really hard for me to watch with the sound effects, cgi used in some parts and weird shading in some places. I feel like the anime would have done better if they had more time instead of rushing it out.
6/10
Jul 3, 2019 12:14 AM
Oct 2018
As manga reader,a little disappointed. Atleast they tried, hope there will be s3.
Jul 3, 2019 12:15 AM

Jan 2016
there was some moment that makes me goes "wtf is happening in the last 30 seconds?" or "wtf? i cant see shits" or "What? did i skip something?"
but that might be usual and overall it's pretty good.
I won't bother to complain if J.C staff works on season 3, but i definitely still prefer Madhouse.
Jul 3, 2019 1:01 AM

Nov 2014
I did think people overreacted to the first few episodes. Sure, they lost the edge that Madhouse gave the show, but it didn't warrant that kind of reaction.

Definitely disappointed a little more nearing the end however, there are even moments when it just went off the rails and it looked bad. The choreography wasn't just unimaginative, but underwhelming. I'm usually not one to even notice such things, but it's pretty bad. For example, the start of this episode, we having Garo smacked around by two flashes of red and blue then transitioning to a stillframe for a total 28 seconds just so he can finish his 5 lines. That kind of delivery is very bad, or at the very least extremely lackluster.

In any case, the wacky characters and entertaining exchanges between them are still the same. But the animation not only made it such that iit lost a lot of the edge that season 1 had, it was also at times bad enough to pull my attention from the supposed intense action scene.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jul 3, 2019 1:14 AM
Sep 2015
At least the final two episodes were better done and capped everything off on a better note. Not really saying much since the fruit has been hanging very low for quite sometime.

My takes for this season.

1.) The most obvious of course is the animation quality. To be fair, Madhouse team in S1 really set the gold standard not only for One Punch Man but how you do these types of animes in general. To J.C. Staff’s credit, quality turns out decent when they actually tried. But these moments were too few and far between. I think this is more about the one’s making the top decisions and not the studio’s artist staffs.

2.) Scenes involving martial artists like Suiryu, Bang, Bomb and Garou could have really benefited from the Madhouse S1 style animation.
The Fist of Flowing Water, Crushing Rock works really well with the fluidity of the animation of S1 and I can't help but imagine how the Garou v Bang and the Garou v Bang-Bomb Tag Team could have been.

3.) The sound effects (not Soundtrack) especially during the battle sequences were great. This is the ONLY aspect I can say S2 was better than S1. The sounds were very cool that its sort of helped in compensating for the step down in animation quality.

4.) Pacing was a real problem. Apart from the poor decisions which manga material to cut or keep, dialogue and exposition interjected between boss scenes drag far too long (sometimes they virtually cover an entire episode!). Too dragged out & poorly delivered scenes dampens the hype that by the next climatic scene, you’re at the point of boredom and not caring anymore.

5.) The ending felt rushed after Saitama destroys the boss villain. It was like “Boss villain defeated. Oh Genos you’re here! Uh you lack power” and boom end credits. And the post credits was no better. They should have just did away with it and used that 1-2 minutes to do a montage to cap off the series.

6.) Soundtrack also lacks the punch (pun intended). S1 had that feeling of needing to buy the soundtrack album because how catchy and epic most of music was. S2 lacked that magic and could have really helped in improving the viewing experience.
Ironically, when they actually used S1 music (like in this episode) they added to the epicness and actually gave me goosebumps at times!

6/10

Its likely going to take at least 2 years to get a S3, if we even get another season at all based on the performance of this season. But if the anime gods grant the prayers of mortals hopefully they give it back to the same Madhouse team who did S1 or have the new studio team learn the lessons of S2
Kid_DynamoJul 3, 2019 1:38 AM
Jul 3, 2019 2:23 AM

Apr 2015
third season ploz
Jul 3, 2019 2:40 AM
Apr 2019
With me it still 10/10 :3
Jul 3, 2019 2:54 AM

May 2016
I was pretty satisfied with this season can't be compared to s1 but what can we do, complaining here won't do any good, so next time gentlemen studio JC picks up a good manga set a reminder to not get your hopes too high.

8/10
Jul 3, 2019 3:17 AM
Feb 2019
After Watching!
Me: Are???? Are? A~reee? Is it ending?
Jul 3, 2019 3:35 AM

Apr 2018
Finally it ended already. Up until the end, JC Staff disappointed many fans. It even skipped some of the best part specially the Serious punch that saitama did in the manga
Jul 3, 2019 3:42 AM
Oct 2013
Shirai-chan said:
Finally it ended already. Up until the end, JC Staff disappointed many fans. It even skipped some of the best part specially the Serious punch that saitama did in the manga

That was wired as hell, i think they ran out of frames for him to say a couple of words, for anime only, this was indeed Saitama's serious pucnh that took out Boros.
i was pissed they didn't include it here.
Jul 3, 2019 3:42 AM
Jan 2017
final episode like before episode show how other hero fight very hard and how hard they try still not cant kill that centipede,, and saitama come with king and like the true hero who came at last just one punch and its over,, but i think at the scene when saitama puchh that monster can be more cool at madhouse production,, but the story and the ending is not dissapointed,, j.c staff can made it good,, but i hope more cool for next season,,
7/10
Jul 3, 2019 4:57 AM

Apr 2015
Overall it was a good episode and that scene with Saitama one punching Cebtichoro was amazing!
I'll rate this season 8/10 :)
Jul 3, 2019 5:02 AM

Aug 2016
Short_Circut said:
While clearly not living up to the 1st season, this season wasn't as bad as many cough manga readers cough are making it out to be. Decent overall 7/10

This season lacked in many things, but fortunately, King saves it as he always does.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2019 5:56 AM

Aug 2018
Short_Circut said:
While clearly not living up to the 1st season, this season wasn't as bad as many cough manga readers cough are making it out to be. Decent overall 7/10

Pretty much my sentiment for this season.
It's not nearly as great as S1 but not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. 6-7 out of 10 seems fair, the first one was 8 or 9.
Jul 3, 2019 6:04 AM

Sep 2017
Maybe this season does not have the animation of the first season or the studio, but I still enjoyed it. Speaking only about the story I consider it better, and the character Garou is really good antagonist.

Jul 3, 2019 6:12 AM

Jan 2018
this was way too anticlimactic of an end. it didn't even hype me up even if I didn't read the manga. this was way too disappointing but we have to think of the fact that it even got a season 2.

I think everyone is hoping that madhouse was the one who made season 2 IMO

beggars can't be choosers and I was waiting or it's season for a while now so can't complain. I just hope that season 3 will be picked of by madhouse and kinda clean J.C Staff's mess lmao (J.C. Staff is an awesome studio but action animes are not best suited for them)

I never expected that Centichoro would be the last boss till I see the pacing of where the story is going. They didn't even wind up the hype of the serious punch so it gives the feel like it was just a normal punch...

Jul 3, 2019 6:25 AM
Mar 2018
A good final for this second season. I did not expect much since this part of the manga I had not liked much, but in the end the adaptation seemed good to me, the plot of the season 3 should be better (I hope).

About the animation thing, well, I the first 1 or 2 episodes were a 6.5/10, and at the end I think it was a 8.5/10, fairly above the average animation (that I would say it's a 6). The problem here was that the OPM S1 animation was 12/10... expectations hard to mantain.

I liked the scenarios and visual designs (7.5/10), the sound and music was ok too (7.5/10), I just love the characters since I read the manga (9/10, btw Genos is a 20/10), the plot was a little boring (Martial Arts Tournament 2/10, Monster Association 7/10, Garou 8.5/10, 6.5/10 as a whole) and at enterteinment it was very fun to watch (9/10).

If for me OPM S1 was a 9.4999/10, this season was more like a 8.5/10, I hope the S3 will get an animation with the quality of the S1, or at least mantain this level.

Always my best wishes for the adaptation of my favorite manga, OPM S3 will be amazing (I hope).
Jul 3, 2019 6:39 AM

May 2018
So this is it. And I will post my opinion on the show in general a last time: OPM is a show, which is carried by Yusuke Murata's art (in the manga version) / the animation quality in the anime S1. The moment that boulder falls apart, the rating goes down with it.

Because imo, the story is just not as good as people make it out to be. Most of them are blinded by the pretty art, just as in Mob Psycho's case, (although Mob100 does have a better presentation) totally unable to rate this piece in any form objectively anymore.
Regarding the story, it has overstayed its welcome after the defeat of Boros, out of the super hero parody that it was, has become a full blown shounen show with uninteresting characters fighting each other. I cut OPM some slack due to Garou, he is a rather weird villain as it starts. But I read through his final bout in the web comic, that's a good character and if there'll a next season, he will shine the most by far.
The comedy? That is for everyone to decide wether he/she likes it or not. Compared to real comedy shows it falls flat if I can say so, sometimes bad, sometimes okay, sometimes great.

Overall, 5/10. It does some things good, some things bad. But that's about it.
Jul 3, 2019 6:47 AM

May 2018
Pretty good overall. Not as good as season 1 but still great. Season 3 when?
Jul 3, 2019 6:56 AM
Dec 2017
Sub_Rom_B said:
Was the episode better than episode 11?
why the fuck it ended this way😭
Jul 3, 2019 7:22 AM

Jun 2017
Well, I think this season was pretty decent overall, in terms of action and fight scenes, I found that it's not that bad. Well the, this episode concludes the season.

I'd give it a 7-8/10 rating.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 3, 2019 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
it was okay, not that good but not bad either. the only fun thing about going through this series was seeing the MAL users crying in every episode thread because Madhouse wasn't the studio that picked this up.
Jul 3, 2019 8:23 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Seriously, the reviewers of MAL are overreacting as always.

Obviously it was a huge step down from the first season and definitly has problems but i still had a good time with it.

A 6/10 is fair imo.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 3, 2019 8:25 AM

Jan 2018
Madhouse please...Take this series back, I beg you!!!!
Jul 3, 2019 8:53 AM
Nov 2017
Short_Circut said:

I agree. JC cant keep up their good artwork but they did a decent adaption. It's not as good as the 1st season but it's still enjoyable. and believe it or not, i read the manga and im not disappointed at all. im a bit impressed how jc manage 2 pull it off.
Jul 3, 2019 9:07 AM
Jan 2018
I am quite dissapointed. The animation... really... i can't get much adrenaline push as the season 1 gave to me. Especially when saitama getting serious (those face with some shadows) this studio fk'd it up. Still i love OPM it's just... meh... I don't remember J.C Staff being this bad
Jul 3, 2019 10:28 AM

Aug 2016
This isn't as good as season one for me. But seeing the last few episodes with Garou made me thought "This isn't as bad as i thought it would be". Especially with the better animation and less weird shots.
Opm Season 2 definitely got better as it went on and after the Martial Arts Tournament it was great.

I don't know whether i want to rate this 7 or 8/10

Ideally 7.5/10
Jul 3, 2019 10:47 AM
Jan 2018
IMHO (as an anime only fan): I love opm and the story/premise on its own is still really worth watching, but it was a massive downgrade from s1 to s2. Not just in animation quality either. It obviously can’t be ignore though. Almost of the fights were just flapping mouths and when the action did happen it was essentially the anime version of shaky cam and quick cuts or just a dude standing still and a bunch of blurry lines. On top of that, the passing was atrocious! Literally nothing happened! Yes we got some backstory for Garou, the monster association had a short intro and we got some perspective on other heroes, but it was all short lived and they spent way too much time on the martial arts tournament. As a whole it felt like it was dbz level pacing with a fraction of the episodes, and even Shittier fight scenes to boot. 5-6 out of 10 mainly because of the story/premise alone and some halfway decent scenes.
Jul 3, 2019 11:04 AM

Jan 2014
The best episode of this season

5/5

7/10

no more J.C.Staff

Jul 3, 2019 11:04 AM

Jul 2019
It was pretty good. Genos, fang and the other guy were the best parts of this episode.
"I'm not the protagonist of a novel or anything. I'm just a college student who likes to read, like you could find anywhere. But... if, for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... a tragedy."

— Ken Kaneki

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FarCritical »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

201 by tensemoment »»
May 5, 10:50 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.