Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 31, 2020 2:22 AM

Jun 2011
Definitely a weird place to end the season, but this is why watching the series as it's still on going is pointless.

The first season is very disappointing. There are way too much unnecessary melodrama, all came from people somehow antagonizing each other for no reason.. they get very emo and edgy as well when it comes to reaction to certain events. This series outside of the drama is actually really good, but unfortunately the drama made up of pretty much the majority of the series.. there's not a single episode gone by without some kind of drama, and it's tiring as hell.

I am excited for season 2 seeing as season 2 has far better score, hopefully we focus more on the positive (friendship/romance) side rather than the negative (drama).
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 17, 2020 10:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow actually is was a great episode, I can't wait to see the second season, this one was really cool.
Jun 11, 2020 4:10 AM

Aug 2011
A 10!!

I loved everything about this show; the building camaraderie, each member facing and overcoming their personal issues to advance to episode 13. Slice of life is so appropriate for this series. Cannot wait for Season 2, I cam imagine so many scenarios and I have to know that they made it to the next stage.
Jul 2, 2020 12:02 PM

Jun 2010
Well, this was kind of a mixed bag.

On the one hand I like the premise; I always like when you get introduced to some more unknown cultural sides and niches - and the koto scene and koto music was really good - well, the little that we actually got. And some of the scenes especially at the start gave me serious Chihayafuru vibes.

But sadly the series overdoes it way too much with the melodrama. Pretty much every episode you had either an external threat or an outsider coming along threatening the club or their bonds/friendship or one of the characters breaking down into some form of existential crisis.

For crying out loud you have to space it out a little. Give the characters and viewers a break from time to time. Some slice of life club episodes where you see them naturally bonding over the music and stuff. And then you can come with the next drama. But if you just back-to-back go from one crisis to the next its taxing and takes away from the impact. It kinda gave me the impression that the author has absolutely no clue how to establish and develop the characters and their bonds without there being any form of impending doom.
Aug 23, 2020 10:13 AM
Oct 2019
Nice to see/hear them play the song since we never hear the full song until the day of the performance. It would've been kind of lame if they just went out and won on their first try. (They've got a bunch of noobs on the team. They honestly shouldn't win anything at all, even later in the year at national.) So I like that they didn't. But it's just unfortunate Kudo had to get injured on an accident like that.

The number of rival schools is up to 4 now, right? Hopefully this provides enjoyment down the line.

And anybody else mad about not seeing that one high school perform? Since they're apparently really good. I'm disappointed by it.

Just as I predicted, this advisor is becoming a "good guy". And I don't like it. Good guys aren't total a-holes like he was in the early/mid part of the season.

I really enjoyed this show. For awhile there I thought it could be a 9/10 for me, but I think I'll stick with 8/10. Which is still a very high quality show. The lack of grandpa Kudo flashbacks later in the season, combined with the lame a-hole turned nice guy advisor thing are probably all that prevented me from giving it a 9. Idk, whatever the reason, something just felt a little different later in the season. Not quite as "impactful" to me as the earlier episodes.

On to season 2!
Sep 21, 2020 8:41 PM
Sep 2020
Well.. Season 1 came to an end with such a great episode. After episode 5, this one caught my attention. Even though I'm not into traditional Japanese music, yet I felt mesmerised in the song that they played KUON. Surely, if the performance had been perfect, it would seem so unreal, with Chika's hand swollen so badly. So if they messed up the first part of the performance, it's justified.

All of them, being nervous, before the performance seemed so True. I felt as if I'm feeling exactly like them, whenever I'm about to perform on stage. I've always been a person who's not confident on stage 😅 so I could relate a lot, by how they were reacting before the performance, especially Kurusa, who had never performed on stage before and Sano Reacting on every little thing such as "Hearing the school before us play makes me even more nervous"
And when they finished, he was like "O-o-our turn's next. C-calm down." 😅 they were actually showing the real personality who's nervous before the performance. I loved this scene.

I loved their bonding, they supporting each other indirectly while playing and Chika's "Giving his best" attitude.
Koto club, Way to go! ❤️
Sep 27, 2020 5:26 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Gotta say, it being kota to be the one to bring them back on track gave me some slight man tears.

Despite being weird, I actually would have no problem if it all ended right here right now with this abrupt cliffhanger style ending. Their performance was so satisfying I find it a great ending. Ending without any words, just music.

Watched this over a year it was aired so of course season 2 is out there already as well, but for now I'll take a breather and enjoy what I just witnessed. I'll come back when I'm ready for more. Hope season 3 gets announced soon as well, cause I'm actually invested in this now.

Anything overly special about this? No not at all, quite your standard feel-good anime for the average watcher to casually enjoy. But I do appreciate it being straightfoward and simple; despite being nothing really special, it is quite a breath of fresh air for just being what it is and down to earth. Quoting a forum above, it certainly is a no-BS series. Take it at stock value and enjoy it's beauty in simplicity.

Quite the decent music anime. Solid 7 out of 10 for me

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 4, 2020 7:22 AM

Jul 2013
As a performer myself, although the struggles they undergo are true and relatable, the way they're introduced especially the antagonists are ham-fisted. Still, the main characters are great and the story is decent although generic. Good series overall.
Oct 13, 2020 6:16 AM

Jul 2020
Wow that was a pretty intense performance. I like how they put their passion into it.

I thought this performance will get concluded this season. Gotta have to check the second one right away.
Jan 11, 2021 1:07 AM

Apr 2009
I like the visualization of their recovery on the second half.

7/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 11, 2021 2:04 AM

Mar 2018
Ahhh...the lovely benefits of watching an already aired anime, no cliffhangers.

The performance was made quite beautifully, their emotions and thoughts intertwined and manifesting into the music along with some realization for Takinami.
Jan 13, 2021 8:24 PM

May 2020
The performance was great! The anime was meh tho
Feb 5, 2021 12:46 AM

Jun 2020
Took some time for me to warm up to the characters but Chika’s story immediately touched my heart.

The animation was great for their performance. But damn, that was an abrupt end to the first season!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 24, 2021 5:30 AM

Jul 2017
The drawings weren't great but I loved the camera shots used for this performance a lot to build up the synergy from their performance and present to the audience how awesome they're performing even despite some slipups in the middle. Love how there is a cliffhanger to just the reaction of the audience let alone the results for a few months till that 2nd cour aired lol.

Overall, a fine season but again, didn't quite hit like that manga in terms of emotions and delivery, and visuals too, particularly with the drawings themselves. A mediocre adaptation of excellent material = a solid anime but nothing more.
Nov 1, 2021 5:30 AM

May 2020
Was definitely better than what I was expecting from it, and ending it on a dead cliffhanger, looks like have to start the next season right away.

5/5 episode and a close to 8/10 adaptation.
Jun 15, 2022 4:45 AM
Jul 2018
Well, I'm glad they were able to finish it with a bang.
Sep 1, 2022 1:09 PM

Jan 2022
A very good way to end the season! They did an excellent job at getting back together considering they were entirely off. Kota truly saved the performance! Too bad we didn't hear the crowd's reaction to the performance or the group afterward. I guess we'll see the rest during season 2.
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 8, 2022 12:05 PM
Dec 2022
Muito bom. Terminaram o anime com um gostinho de quero mais
Dec 19, 2022 2:02 AM
Dec 2022
sangat bagus di tonton karena mabawa perasaan yang dalam
Jan 27, 2023 2:44 PM
Apr 2018
Thank you!
I rated 7/10 to season 1
Jan 31, 2023 9:47 PM

Apr 2015
Honestly, I enjoyed it a lot
Mar 18, 2023 11:39 AM
Nov 2020
I didn't think something like this could be awesome the thrill was amazing.Only reason I gave 8* beacause performance was too short.Although last season was amazing.
May 3, 2023 11:42 AM
May 2023
kono Oto tomare is the bast
Aug 16, 2023 12:10 PM

Dec 2022
Good final episode
Oct 29, 2023 5:40 PM
May 2022
tang ina nyo mga bogo
Dec 27, 2023 2:39 AM

Jul 2021
no way they end it there. feel bad for people who watched this while it aired.

on to the next season!

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 9, 4:11 PM

Mar 2019
So they went with this type of ending. Nice comeback from them and I liked Takinami's reaction. I definitely didn't expect Kouta to be the one getting them back on track, but it was good. Although not as amazing as their first performance, it was still a good episode and ending to this season.

It's nice to think how Kurusu who has watched them the first time is now on the stage playing with them.

This is for sure just a start so I expect season 2 to be better. The first half was great, especially Chika's story, ending with that emotional moment. The second half wasn't as impactful but was still enjoyable. The characters are great so it's easy to like this.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

59 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2019

47 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2019

57 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2019

54 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 3, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

64 by Alex_TheForest »»
Feb 24, 3:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.