Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2019 3:08 PM
Mar 2019
Franck_Nicolas said:
Finally a good episode

But Why did Garoh suddenly bacame ginger?
Gingers are hot, and Garou is hot too so it makes sense. LOL
Jun 25, 2019 3:09 PM

Jul 2012
HoundIsntUnique said:
Anyone know why Garou's hair changed to red all of a sudden?

I think he soaked in so much blood and spread it to his hair. Notice that he washed his head with blood before it's turning red (the anime did not conveyed that properly). His blood also went to his eye turning them red. At least that's what I got from watching this episode.
Jun 25, 2019 3:10 PM
Jun 2019
Honestly loving the development coming into being with garou! And the fighting, I was at a loss for words! I watched the episode three time in a row! I hope the saitama vs garou fight is only as good or better!
Jun 25, 2019 3:33 PM

Apr 2013
liked the action this episode, hope next episode can actually excel it.
Bang vs Garou, let it be amazing...
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jun 25, 2019 3:39 PM

Aug 2015
So Garou´s hair changed color due to the blood coming from his head right? Or is he going to have some kind of monster-like buff?

This is the first episode in the entire season with good bits of animation, and I am glad since it was basically a huge fight of 20 minutes.
Jun 25, 2019 3:47 PM

Jan 2017
Oof, the animation was good this episode and I really enjoyed the fights; but c'mon, the season finale best give us a serving of Saitama cleaning this all up... garou and saitama really need to know each other.
Other than that, genos is a bçtxh, always decides to overheat when it doesn't go his way -still a great character though.
Jun 25, 2019 4:07 PM

Dec 2016
Great episode Garou was awesome this episode👌👌😎
Jun 25, 2019 4:09 PM

Jan 2014
the best episode?

5/5

Pakumen- said:
This is the first episode in the entire season with good bits of animation, and I am glad since it was basically a huge fight of 20 minutes.

you should watch again episodes 3 and 4
Taito10Jun 25, 2019 4:12 PM
Jun 25, 2019 4:17 PM
Dec 2014
Dropped this on episode 7, but seeing as how this was a full fight episode I watched it.

Pretty funny I can understand everything without seeing episode 8-10.

Decent animation, and the best episode of the season.

The first above average episode which makes me happy to watch the finale.

What in the fuck are these sound effects though? Whoever did this needs to never find work again. Apparently its the same person who did Berserk(2017) so they should have never found work already...
Jun 25, 2019 4:27 PM

May 2016
Best fucking episode by a mile animation was music wise character wise.
Jun 25, 2019 4:39 PM
Jul 2018
I really enjoyed this episode. Garo's face when Genos said that Saitama was the ultimate hero was pretty great.
Jun 25, 2019 4:55 PM
May 2017
amine60__SBD said:
great episode,garou is always fun to watch unlike saitama,but why the sound director had to ruin it everytime!!!,it really bothers me,kick this man out of the anime industry before he ruin something else.

Just a friendly reminder that the guy was the same sound director of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. So if you wanna kick him out of the industry, you have to answer to David Production and Jojo community.
Jun 25, 2019 4:58 PM
May 2017
Aoki is really carrying the entire season, he's fully working on the last 2 episode so you had to expected the animation quality jumped up a bit.
Wait, what do you mean you don't know who Aoki is? Wait, MAL doesn't have his information either. Well fuck you I guess.
Jun 25, 2019 5:06 PM
Nov 2014
I don't know why people are gushing over this episode. It did not suck, but it was nothing special, and definitely not the best of the season. I mean, Saitama was barely in it, and did not do anything special.

It actually might be the worst episode of the season if you do not like very formulaic and overdone and unoriginal shounen battles where the MC is up against near impossible odds, then digs deep, then surmounts those odds, then things get worse, then the MC digs even deeper...you get the idea. Basically every fight scene from naruto, HxH, One Piece and every other shounen type anime. Talk about boring.

If the Hero Hunter had actually LOST, that would have been interesting and unexpected, but instead everything happened just like you'd expect from the standard and over-used fight formula. And sadly there were a lot of missed opportunities to add more. Like, if Death Gatling was about to launch a death blow that could have killed the Hero Hunter, but the little kid was behind him and would have been killed too, and the Hero decided he preferred the glory and shot anyway, and the Hero Hunter realized if he dodged to safety the kid would die, so he stayed and tried to block all the bullets at great risk to himself... That kind of thing would have added some originality and feels and it would have been so easy to write in something like that, a little complexity, instead of nothing but boring fighting where the outcome is predetermined. Robot Boy showing up was a bit of a surprise, which was nice, but that was pretty much the only slightly interesting moment.

Basically any episode where Saitama fights some one is more interesting than any episode where he does not. Yes, his "fights" are one-punchers, so not much action there, but the interesting part is who sees, who realizes his power, how they react to him, etc. The circle of people who recognize his power is slowly growing and that's the real drama here... He is currently under the radar, with other people getting credit for stuff he's done, but we all know that can't last forever, and it is great to see people who underestimate him getting that wake-up call. I realize they cannot have it happen every episode, so I don't think an episode like this without him fighting is "bad" but to say it's the best of the season? Give me a break, it's not even in the top half.
-------------------
tl;dr summation: 99% of the episode was the most overused and tired and unoriginal sort of shounen battle where MC surmounts seemingly impossible odds after being on apparent verge of defeat more than once, with some very small bits of other stuff here and there that was interesting. An okay episode since they cannot all be great and it advance the overall story in some ways, but nothing special.
Jun 25, 2019 5:10 PM

Apr 2013
yooooo that's bullying!
Jun 25, 2019 5:12 PM

Oct 2015
Garou is one helluva character, I really enjoy watching him in this forsaken season. The way he protected that dorky boy was admirable, considering he regards himself as a monster and has no obligation to him. He sure endured a lot to save him and the way he deflected those bullets by death Gatling was fire. Its up to Bang sensei to save him from this crusade, I can't wait!

Wonder what will Saitama do in that situation? I also hope they will give us a full backstory of Garou.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 25, 2019 5:14 PM

Sep 2016
Is it just me or is the battle sequence here much better than before?

Idk who to support anymore lol at this point I just want my Saitama action next week pleasee
Jun 25, 2019 5:24 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
My favorite episode so far. The battle sequence has been incredible. Enough to keep me invested with this show. Tbh, I was already losing interest with season 2 of OPM but if they could have only kept the quality of the entire season as consistent as from this episode then I would have enjoyed S2 even more.

Garou and Genos were pretty awesome in this episode, dang. Still waiting for Saitama's participation in the finale.
Jun 25, 2019 5:40 PM

Jun 2013
The kid ran away, even Garou managed to scare the shit out of him. He won't be borrowing his hero manual anymore. Get your own, Garou!

It was very enjoyable episode and it was nice seeing a slight background on Megane and how Saitama saved him and inspired him to continue.

There is only one episode left. Spring 2019 is over, time for Summer 2019 anime series!
臭い-
Jun 25, 2019 6:06 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode, it was enjoyable and at least a pure fighting 24-minutes with a lot of variated action. I really loved when Genos showed up after a help request was sent ! Bang & Bomb arrived like a blast, I really expect a much more tense final between master & student !

Though one thing that tickles me : Garou's arc will most likely meet its end next week but the Monster Association's arc will be left for a 3rd season. I think this is ok but I'm already impatient having to wait for the continuation.
Jun 25, 2019 6:09 PM

Mar 2013
Albeit a bit (a lot) rushed this was a amazing ep, Why his hair turned red at the end though?
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jun 25, 2019 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far by a long shot. When the ED came on I was confused at how it was over so fast. I'm not sure what happened but I kinda like Garou with the orange hair.
Jun 25, 2019 6:16 PM
Jun 2019
Florent3571 said:
This was a really good episode, definetly the closest we got from S1 quality. I can't congrat the staff enough for pulling off something this good under such awful condition. Really shows that with a better schedule, it could have been really great.
Not really, to be honest this animated episode isn't near the quality of Season 1, but it's the best episode of Season 2, better than tank top episodes, the increase in this episode might be due to starting near the end, hopefully episode 12 has the same quality as episode 11
Jun 25, 2019 6:20 PM

Aug 2012
Seems I am in the minority that does not care about Garou. To me he's just "meh".

At least the animation is better than the other episodes.

I watched this one right after finishing the 12th episode of season one and it made it that much worse. I am thinking about reading the manga, seems like it's the best experience right now.
2/5.
Jun 25, 2019 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
By far the best episode of this season; Garou is an extremely intersting and entertaining character to watch. Could someone explain why his hair colour changed?
Jun 25, 2019 6:34 PM

May 2011
Garou went Super Saiyan (SSJ orange xD).

Really good episode.
Jun 25, 2019 7:15 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Nice action sequences in both Garou vs the A/B heroes and in Garou vs Genos.

Fang's entry was awesome though and damn, that Garou face at the end as he attacked.

Looking forward to the finale, should be fun.

Saitama got no skill at video games, what's the point of all that training if you don't got skill where it counts? Right? XD
Jun 25, 2019 7:45 PM

Feb 2014
People with Garou's mentality as a kid really have a hard time. Why can't we admire the passion of the antagonist? They fight for what they believe in too. Well Megamind was the turning point for me in that. And ever since I love characters like them. Garou with his theme intro is one of them.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 25, 2019 7:52 PM
Feb 2009
dang can't help but root for Garou
Jun 25, 2019 8:00 PM

Oct 2017
Another great episode. Loved the action.
Jun 25, 2019 8:08 PM

Aug 2009
I need a gif of that Genos standing up scene.
Jun 25, 2019 8:13 PM

Jul 2009
Arteteca said:
Please, tell me there will be more Garou and Tareo moments, that last bit cannot be the end for that bound!

HAHA. I like so much their moments too.
Jun 25, 2019 8:25 PM

Jul 2016
In terms of quality, this was a pretty decent episode. The Garou vs. Genos fight was nice but sadly, the sound aspect is still lacking.

And on a side note, I didn't quite understand why Garou's hair turned orange. I think it was when he passed his hands through his hair while having them covered in blood but if that was the case, the studio didn't convey it properly.

Anyways, there is one more episode to go and it seems it will feature a possible master/pupil clash. Let's see how JC will handle it.
Jun 25, 2019 8:27 PM
Mar 2016
Why the fuck s class heros showing up when garo is in his week condition.
Jun 25, 2019 8:52 PM

Jul 2015
This is it. THIS IS IT. WE'VE FOUND THE BATTLE ANIMATIONS. I knew they were somewhere, just wasn't quite sure where. That being said, Hero Hunter has been essentially the major highlight of the season for this series rather than Saitama, not that that is a bad thing, I enjoy his character a lot.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 25, 2019 8:53 PM

Jun 2013
That was actually good which is surprising.
Jun 25, 2019 9:05 PM
Jun 2017
If im the boss of the hero association, im going to be disappointed on how heroes are dealing with Garo. I mean they have 6 class A heroes there but they cant even defeat Garo (amidst that condition). And they are saying they must also been recognized by others.. how could they as they have prove to themselves that Class A is nothing compared to class S.

Anyways lets see how this will end..
Jun 25, 2019 9:53 PM
Aug 2017
This episode gave me season 1 animation vibes it was amazing. It seems the budget was poured into this episode and maybe (hopefully) the next.
Also, seeing Garou fight is so entertaining to watch I've gotta say
Jun 25, 2019 10:33 PM

Oct 2011
They actually let Garou fight properly rather than a panel by panel copy of the manga. It was awesome, the reverse side of this is that the pacing slowed down, so the show will most likely end with
so they are leaving even the preparation phase against the Monster Association to next season.

Jun 25, 2019 10:48 PM
Feb 2019
Nah...Garou vs the Heroes wasn't it chief. In some parts it was straight, but it seemed lack luster in other areas, especially when Garou caught the bullets. :( The Genos fight was pretty raw tho'
Jun 25, 2019 11:04 PM
Jan 2019
pls don't kill garooooooo
Jun 26, 2019 2:06 AM

Jul 2016
lihle808 said:
I also hope they will give us a full backstory of Garou.

Garou's backstory won't be explained until the end of Season 4 (Assume if S3 only have 12 episodes) lol.

DespondentBlithe said:
Could someone explain why his hair colour changed?

Garou's body is starting (slowly) to transforms into monster.
Jun 26, 2019 3:01 AM
Mar 2017
So last eps will be saitama vs genos or what?

Manga reader tell me -.-
Jun 26, 2019 3:27 AM

Apr 2013
Nice fights, but once again Saitama is somewhere on the sidelines. I wonder if they are going to be able to wrap up this monster association arc before season end.
Jun 26, 2019 3:35 AM

Jun 2017
This episode was just fight heavy, Genos VS Garou was awesome, and then his teacher comes next, how will they conclude this story, I can only wonder.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 26, 2019 3:51 AM

Jul 2016
So one more episode to go and no end in sight for any real story... sigh...
Jun 26, 2019 4:13 AM

Feb 2014
Damn, Saitama lost to King 81 times in a row while playing their fighting game? No wonder Saitama looked hilariously pissed off! XD

This was one of the best episodes so far in season 2. It was mostly non-stop fighting and the animation team gave it their all to make it look good and honestly, they did a great job. Aside from some odd animation inconsistencies at times and the usual hit or miss sound effects, a lot of the animation was fluid and the characters were on-model as well. Even Death Gatling's CGI Gatling Gun looked great when it was spinning up, ready to fire at Garou, too. =)

Garou had to fight hard as he successfully fended off the A/B class heroes, but he did scare the kid away, even though Garou did save his life from Death Gatling's death shower move.

Not just that, but Genos arrives on the scene and the fight between him and Garou became more intense. Then, to add to Garou's misfortune, his old master, Bang, enter's the scene with a kick to Garou's face.

The last episode will end on a weird note still, mainly due to the Monster Association still up to no good, but I hope the last episode can also match this episode's animation quality to end on a decent note.
Jun 26, 2019 4:20 AM

Apr 2019
Pretty good episode I won’t comment on animation because I don’t care about it. The fights were well done in my opinion and having multiple heroes fighting Garo was nice. Looking forward to the next one.
Jun 26, 2019 4:38 AM
Jul 2017
How much episodes will have this season?
Jun 26, 2019 4:47 AM
Jul 2014
curzon17 said:
Nice fights, but once again Saitama is somewhere on the sidelines. I wonder if they are going to be able to wrap up this monster association arc before season end.

This season will end around chapter 84. The manga is now at chapter 110 and it's still in the Monster Association Arc. And it will be in it like for 40 chapters at least. So maybe in S4 it will conclude if we ever get one.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FarCritical »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by Gooliver »»
May 5, 2:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.