Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 26, 2019 4:47 AM

Jan 2018
Well, this episode is quite decent. It was satisfying af, and the animation was much much better here than the rest of the series. Garou's fight against the Class A heroes was the bomb. Genos showing up too with his newly-fixed body. The fights were intense.

This episode alone felt like nearly close the 1st season. Too bad it cannot save the rest though.
Jun 26, 2019 4:48 AM
Jul 2014
JooVieira5 said:
How much episodes will have this season?

12 episodes, ends next week. More words to have enough word number bla bla.
Jun 26, 2019 4:49 AM

May 2019
While the anime adaptation was pretty mild compared to the manga, it was done better than the other episodes by far, imo. Garou being developed as a tragic character is a nice way to integrate him into the flowing narrative to juxtapose against Saitama (The other tragic character). Next episode will be insane, but I still think that its going to be really rushed; moreso now than ever. So many chapters to cover in so little time.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jun 26, 2019 4:55 AM

Jul 2016
EmperorAlfred said:
how will they conclude this story, I can only wonder.
curzon17 said:
I wonder if they are going to be able to wrap up this monster association arc before season end.

The Garou arc won't end here until Season 3/4 and this season will ended at cliffhanger.

Vanz99 said:
So last eps will be saitama vs genos or what?

Manga reader tell me -.-

Nope, the last episode will be Genos, Bang and Bomb vs Elder Centipede.
Jun 26, 2019 5:38 AM

Dec 2015
Well, this episode was somewhat better compared to the others in this season. One more episode to go!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 26, 2019 5:46 AM

Feb 2013
OMG, Garou was amazing, he destroyed those heroes!
Jun 26, 2019 6:08 AM

May 2018
Final episode next. Already want a season 3.
Jun 26, 2019 6:10 AM
Jan 2017
WHOA THE GREAT BATTLE WE HAVE HERE,,,
garou is very strong and facing with those heroes, but yeah he can win even the his body in not good condition,,
and genos come with new body, and then his agility and power more strong and yeah i think genos gonna ending the fight but bang is come and kick garou, and look like garou eat the monster fruit and the fight gonna end at last episode,,
nice episode,,,
Jun 26, 2019 7:09 AM

Nov 2016
Awesome episode, I love Garou more with each episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2019 7:29 AM
Dec 2013
OMG! An episode as good as episode 3. Actually, I'd say it was even better than ep 3, making it the best episode of the season! Way to go, J.C.Staff.

Man, 1 episode left. I hope there's a season 3, and I hope it doesn't take too many years for the third season to come out.
wildhoodJun 26, 2019 10:15 AM
Jun 26, 2019 8:05 AM

Jan 2013
Found myself rooting for Garou and resenting the rest of the heroes.

That kid really ran away though lol, kid must've shat his pants
Jun 26, 2019 9:21 AM

Mar 2016
This was admittedly perhaps the best episode of the season so far, considering the standards of the entire show so far.

Garou was hella tenacious. He's a beast. It was awesome seeing Genos back in action as well.

My problem is: how are they gonna finish this, exactly?
Jun 26, 2019 10:07 AM

Oct 2018
This has most sakuga episode of this season, superb! Even Genos standing from the rubble scen is smooth. This episode felt like an episode of season 1.

Next up
Jun 26, 2019 10:12 AM
Dec 2014
I rooted for Garo so much!! I hope he walks out victorious after next episode!
Jun 26, 2019 10:21 AM
Jul 2014
Arteteca said:
Please, tell me there will be more Garou and Tareo moments, that last bit cannot be the end for that bound!

You can expect a lot.
Jun 26, 2019 10:32 AM

Apr 2019
Yeah, by far the best episode of the season, Garou vs Bang should be alright as well.

"𝙇𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜... 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙮... 𝙟𝙤𝙮... 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣... 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚. 𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙪𝙥 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧... 𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙫𝙖𝙡𝙪𝙚."
Jun 26, 2019 12:27 PM

Jun 2015
wow King and Saitama are so oblivious.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 26, 2019 1:33 PM

Dec 2018
They talk to much as always!! some images flash by! ,,, Hey waifu flashes by for a second,,,Please i have seen more then enough dicks in this anime to last a fucking lifetime!!!! Go back to my pretty Goddess!!!!!

Becoming bored Start fantasies about my lesbians,,,,,,,,, Witch abruptly are shattered by something extremely unusual and a rare occurrences in this anime, Violence starts to erupts finally!!! ,Are you sure you are done talking??? You haven't been doing much else for this whole fucking season so excuse me and my fucking sarcasm!!!!

Gaoru starts to take care of the hero problem to my great enjoyment!!! And loud cheers!!! You go and get them!!!!! Does assholes have been pissing me off from the start!!!! You go and ripe them to pieces!!! I want blood and dead heroes!!!!! go and get them ,and he doesn't disappoint!!! One by one the heroes are beaten by a already injured warrior ,the fight is brutal and decent for once,,,Decent wow that is not usually a word i use to describe something in this anime!!!! The matter of fact that's the nicest thing i've ever said about this anime!!!

Then the robot man shows up,,And seems upset,,,He got a call from hes boyfriend about some shit about hes tampons or something,who cares?,,The PMS robot tampon man sure can put up a fight!!!! And i find this kind of entertaining ,,,music is alright only complain the PMS robot tampon mans vibrator or what the fuck it is,,, makes to much noise and that makes it kind of hard to hear the music!!!

Well for the first time killing myself didn't seem like a more human way to get thru a episode of this anime,,,This is the second best episode so far,,,,, But my beautiful lesbian princess Tatsumaki is still absent,,,You cant give me a grand beautiful waifu that are mean to useless males!!!!!!,,,YES!!!!,,,, And just perfect in every way!!! Then take her away from me!!!...Anime!!!!Until i get my precious shining green gem back you get no points,,, What i said still stand you dumass!! No waifu no points!!!,,, You still have 1/10 ,,And if you want more then one in the end,,, witch is kind of pathetic!!!!My Goddess better show up and kick some serious ass and Shine!!!, Then make out with her sister!!!Twice!!!!!!!!,,,,,YES!!!!!!!,,, Long lesbian kisses and its shall be glorious ,,, There it is!! ,,Better your self to next week!!!!!!

Yuri-CrusaderJun 29, 2019 2:16 AM
Jun 26, 2019 1:57 PM

Apr 2014
BlindSniper said:
Dropped this on episode 7, but seeing as how this was a full fight episode I watched it.

Pretty funny I can understand everything without seeing episode 8-10.

Decent animation, and the best episode of the season.

The first above average episode which makes me happy to watch the finale.

What in the fuck are these sound effects though? Whoever did this needs to never find work again. Apparently its the same person who did Berserk(2017) so they should have never found work already...

You missed the ending of the tournament, which was pretty good imo. Not as good as this episode, but certainly more interesting than the first half of the season.

Also, unrelated: What the heck is sakuga? Is it just a weeb term for "animation" or is it something more?
ChangeLeopardonJun 26, 2019 2:00 PM
Jun 26, 2019 2:01 PM
Jul 2017
So saitama vs monster king only for next season?? :,(
Jun 26, 2019 2:50 PM
Jul 2011
While the sound effects on some of the attacks were laughable this episode seems to have the most effort so far put into animating the action. Almost hopeful that they can end the series on this same quality or better..almost.

Genos standing back was meme worthy.
Saitama picks all the ugly/monster characters while King picks the cutesy ones in the fighting games. Saitama also confirmed to be a button masher.
Little kid saw Garou in negative light despite Garou saving him.
Bang finally catches up to Garou, next episode will be good if they do their exchange right.
Jun 26, 2019 3:35 PM

Nov 2015
Does anyone know the soundtrack that plays when Bang appears ?

(i've found a fan made cover but actually looking for the original - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOAdBjd3dM)
Jun 26, 2019 3:41 PM

Jul 2016
That was a really good episode. It's a shame it wasn't placed earlier in the season, where it belonged.
Jun 26, 2019 5:16 PM

Feb 2008
What a BS ep, garou whimpers that he would die any moment, but still kick all hero ass, and still can go on with Genos, what a load of crap.
Jun 26, 2019 5:18 PM

Oct 2013
Great episode with huge amounts of action!

Damn, Garou did everything he could to protect that kid, yet the kid treated him like an enemy. It shouldn't be something strange for Garou who wants to become a monster, but stil... :/ Also, we could see several small, but cool details about Garou's past when he was a kid himself.

Garou was amazing in every fight (which looked decent, by the way). After all those Class A heroes and Genos, he is still able to stand against his former master who seems to want to end everything in a classical way, I mean by his own hands. After all it's his former student that caused all this ruckus.

The worst element of this episode was some sound during fighting sequences, mostly when they punched each other, but it occured earlier as well. I guess we need to treat it as a part of this Season, lol.

Ayyy, one episode left. :( I hope we will get Season 3 one day.

@Spiryts , oi, that was the clue of this episode. Garou used his will of survival and of wanting to prove so bad that "heroes aren't so cool" that he was able to overcome everything and make it that far. If he was not motivated enough, then defeating Class A heroes would be his limit after which he would've simply collapsed.
Jun 26, 2019 5:57 PM

Feb 2008
Adnash93 said:
@Spiryts , oi, that was the clue of this episode. Garou used his will of survival and of wanting to prove so bad that "heroes aren't so cool" that he was able to overcome everything and make it that far. If he was not motivated enough, then defeating Class A heroes would be his limit after which he would've simply collapsed.

Welp, for me, garou motivation is BS, hurbur heros ar lame, monster so cool, I feel like I just watch a poor adaptation of really bad fanfic of "garou sue".
Jun 26, 2019 7:04 PM
Mar 2015
so Saitama spent the whole episode losing at video games. Garo beating up on a bunch of wimps is not impressive. He clearly can handle certain Class S heroes when he knows their attacks. His ultimate goal is unclear He is not a real monster and does not want to join the monster association. He just wants to beat the heroes If he does what will he do then he really does not want to kill humans like the monsters doe
Jun 26, 2019 7:10 PM
Apr 2016
Now THAT felt like a One Punch Man episode!
Jun 26, 2019 9:16 PM
Dec 2017
HoundIsntUnique said:
Anyone know why Garou's hair changed to red all of a sudden?
ignore all the comments about him changing into a monster (that’s symbolized by his eye). It was the blood he wiped in his hair. It was portrayed pretty badly in the anime but the manga does a good job of showing it.
Jun 26, 2019 10:28 PM

Apr 2018
First half of the ep was a slow, slow disappointment. Second half had half a glimmer of hope. But this is way too little, too late. I'm not even mad about the animation. I'm just disappointed at how unoriginal the presentation has become. Now they can't cram all the boss fights in ep 12 like they've set up the season for. Perhaps the worst disappointment is yet to come.
Anax_of_RhodesJun 27, 2019 6:14 AM
Be a better consumer.
"Look, the main difference between me and Digibro is he still likes anime."
"I can't identify with this dirtbag of a main character" is not a valid reason for hating a show.
Jun 26, 2019 10:55 PM
Nov 2018
Aaah Garo is great. I love the mini arc between Garo and the brat.

Wish they had given us a slow mo animation of Garo deflecting the bullets.
Jun 26, 2019 11:27 PM
Sep 2015
Finally an episode with plenty of action and relatively better handled animation. If there is one thing I can acknowledge with J.C. Staff is the choice sound effects of the fights which sort of compensates for the step down in animation compared to Madhouse.

And me seeing Bomb's slicing technique be like:
"NANTO SUICHO KEN!!" lol

One episode remaining, so it will likely just end with the Student-Teacher fight/moment of Bang and Garou and probably ending with a cliffhanger for the S-Class v Monster Association arc. Bummer.

My complaint as always is that they interject to much dialogue that they could have cut much to improve the pacing. Its almost the studio intentionally put so much dialogue each (and even entire) episodes just to avoid animating fight sequences.
Kid_DynamoJun 26, 2019 11:32 PM
Jun 26, 2019 11:51 PM
Sep 2015
Spiryts said:
Adnash93 said:

Welp, for me, garou motivation is BS, hurbur heros ar lame, monster so cool, I feel like I just watch a poor adaptation of really bad fanfic of "garou sue".

Well Garou's motivation comes from him idolizing monsters which is the reverse of the mainstream ideal of idolizing heroes. That was hinted as a child watching TV when he tends to root for the monsters being defeated by heroes.
He actually has a good (hero) heart but just happens to root for the wrong team (monsters) which will be realized by the end of his story.

His journey to power actually draws parallels with Saitama's in that he keeps pushing his limiter until it breaks.

Jun 27, 2019 1:00 AM

Jul 2014
Damn, what a great episode, Garou is so freaking cool!

Definitely the best animated episode of this season and the prize goes to the part where Garou hits the stinger guy in the stomach several times, like damn, the animation on that bit was so pleasant to watch.
Jun 27, 2019 2:31 AM

Feb 2008
Kid_Dynamo said:
Spiryts said:

Well Garou's motivation comes from him idolizing monsters which is the reverse of the mainstream ideal of idolizing heroes. That was hinted as a child watching TV when he tends to root for the monsters being defeated by heroes.
He actually has a good (hero) heart but just happens to root for the wrong team (monsters) which will be realized by the end of his story.

His journey to power actually draws parallels with Saitama's in that he keeps pushing his limiter until it breaks.

I'm very aware of that, but still, for me he and his motivations are still the worst so far in OPM, just when I thought that no one will beat amai kame, garou step in on stage.
Jun 27, 2019 2:41 AM

Aug 2015
Animation was meh to me!
but it was still a great episode, i don't really get why bang interfered genos was about to finish Garou but at least we can expect a cool fight with a good animation (hopefully) next week.
Jun 27, 2019 7:37 AM

Oct 2013
Spiryts said:

No problem. It might look like that, but let's not forget this show, apart from having tons of action, is a comedy and a parody to "super heroes" theme. That's why such bizarre and maybe even naive situations might happen.
Jun 27, 2019 8:53 AM

Jun 2017
I must admit. This is also unfair for Garou's part since he obviously hasn't recovered from Saitama's punch. lmao! And then there came a bunch of heroes who weakened him, then also Genos and to put icing on top, Bang arrived to fight him! haha!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jun 27, 2019 9:03 AM

Oct 2013
KoniginElle said:
I must admit. This is also unfair for Garou's part since he obviously hasn't recovered from Saitama's punch. lmao! And then there came a bunch of heroes who weakened him, then also Genos and to put icing on top, Bang arrived to fight him! haha!

The funniest thing is that Bang wants to settle up things with his former student as his former master because of honor, but at the same time he has no problems with Garou being seriously sounded and weakened after dealing with several determined Class A heroes and Genos (Class A) in that condition.
Jun 27, 2019 10:04 AM

Feb 2008
Adnash93 said:
Spiryts said:

No problem. It might look like that, but let's not forget this show, apart from having tons of action, is a comedy and a parody to "super heroes" theme. That's why such bizarre and maybe even naive situations might happen.

Comedy is ok, but I just hate mary/gary sue chara.
Someone "inform me" that if we get s3, it will be garou sue focus, welp if that true, then I wish everyone a good day, I'm out after ep 12.
Jun 27, 2019 10:15 AM

Oct 2013
Spiryts said:
Someone "inform me" that if we get s3, it will be garou sue focus, welp if that true, then I wish everyone a good day, I'm out after ep 12.

I don't think Garou is Gary Stu type of a character in general, though yes, I agree that if we look at episode 11 alone then we can have an impression of Garou wearing the famous "plot armor" and being suddenly overpowered way more than he even way in earlier episodes.

It happens in many animes, though. It could be worse. Anyway, despite episode 11, Garou is not Gary Stu. I hope he won't become one in general in the future, like in Season 3.
Jun 27, 2019 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
Genos fight is fun to watch as always. Make rest of the fights feel 'meh'.

Ep12 climax should be have satisfactory fights but feeling there won't be a conclusion with Monster Association until a S3 or S2 part.2, i'm expecting a cliff hanger.
Jun 27, 2019 1:26 PM

Feb 2008
Adnash93 said:
Spiryts said:

I don't think Garou is Gary Stu type of a character in general, though yes, I agree that if we look at episode 11 alone then we can have an impression of Garou wearing the famous "plot armor" and being suddenly overpowered way more than he even way in earlier episodes.

It happens in many animes, though. It could be worse. Anyway, despite episode 11, Garou is not Gary Stu. I hope he won't become one in general in the future, like in Season 3.

I didn't read web manga, just check what people "spoiler" and wiki, because after all that with garou, I was like "phi, whatever" and... it's the end station for me, just one more ep, and I'm done with this series.
Jun 27, 2019 3:33 PM
Apr 2016
rahamim said:
Animation was meh to me!
but it was still a great episode, i don't really get why bang interfered genos was about to finish Garou but at least we can expect a cool fight with a good animation (hopefully) next week.

Next episode you'll get why Bang interfered.
Jun 27, 2019 5:57 PM
Jul 2017
Megane and Mumen Rider have the same vibe. I bet they'd get along.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Jun 27, 2019 9:00 PM
Nov 2016
There were a few frames in the Garou vs Genos fight where he still had the arrows on him when he shouldn't have had for some reason
Jun 27, 2019 9:11 PM

Oct 2008
nice fight between Garou & the low class heroes!
at last time for Bang to give him a spanking!
upgraded Genos still having a hard time against a weakened Genos!?
1/5.

Jun 27, 2019 10:49 PM

May 2018
5 out of 5

rewatched this ep. 3 times and lost the count of times I watched Garou x Genos. btw Silver Fang saying "Fist of Flowing Water, Crushed Rock" with the lights off in the end of the episode just got me all worked up
Jun 27, 2019 10:57 PM

Feb 2019
Probably the best episode so far. I actually really enjoyed the fight scene, even if i still didn't liked the sound effects.

Its pretty sad when Tareo got scared of Garou and left him alone like that. But what did he expect of wanting to be a monster anyway
Jun 28, 2019 5:48 AM

May 2018
Really fun to watch. That was the 3rd good episode (and the last) since the beginning of S2 I'd say.

The finale will be okay at most. As it won't have much humour (if any at all), nothing from S2 will be resolved and there'll be no satisfying point for a season finale.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FarCritical »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by Gooliver »»
May 5, 2:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.