Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 16, 2019 2:27 PM

Dec 2014
This is what happens when you have an initial centralized theme about romance, but you do that nakama shit 95% of the manga. You piss off the fans.
Jun 17, 2019 12:39 AM

Jun 2010
Lol why is it that so many mangaka with great stories never know when to end their story and just drag it on and on till its a disfigured mess.

Bleach, Sun-Ken Rock, Gantz, Prison School, Air Gear, Tenjou Tenge, at this point ill just call it the Oh! Great Syndrome.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jun 17, 2019 4:47 AM
Jul 2017
Well, the author totally rushed both MCs mothers storyline. Clear as day that the popularity rapidly down since BLUE arc. Probably gutted because how much a disaster the story is that even with elements of ecchi orgasms wouldn't helped it. Thank goodness that it ended with even mentioning them.

6/10 for overall series imo. Not as fun as Yakitate Japan or Cooking Master Boy.

I am hoping anime industry will pick up Nobunaga No Chef & Bambino! for the next anime adaptation tbh. Both series deserved it.
Jun 17, 2019 5:24 AM
Jul 2014
The author does get that we don't want erina to snap out of it and be the old erina again and what we actually want erina to snap out of it and actually be character developed erina, right!?
Jun 17, 2019 11:32 AM

Jul 2017
How about that? An ending full of NOTHING! Just like i was expecting, but it still hurts my poor eyes to read such a nonsensical chapter. AT LEAST MAKE ERINA SAY HIS FOOD IS DELICIOUS FFS! What an abomination. And to think it couldn't get any worse, it went bottom of the barrel. Dropped the 10 to a 6, i won't lie that i still really enjoyed the majority of this manga, but the ending arcs were just a complete disaster, what a shame, i'm really pissed off. Well, 3 more chapters to go, but they won't matter because this crap is already destroyed pronto.
WaterLordJun 17, 2019 11:36 AM
Jun 18, 2019 12:48 AM
Jun 2019
everyone said that sorina is sure for the epilogue and we saw their child but i'm thinking of an ending, After lose the blue, soma leave the school and travel the world like is father to improve is cooked, many years passed and he go to Erina to make him taste his dish. And she finally said it's delicious (and it's the end of the epilogue), I think about that ending because many people think that erina and soma have a restaurant in the future or go to the yukihira but did erina really go to a family restaurant ? With her tongue god and the good dish she can make did she really would go with soma to a small family restaurant ? I think she is too selfish and too proud to go to the yukihira ...

And Soma, did he really want to have a new restaurant ?
BlocTidusJun 18, 2019 1:31 AM
Jun 18, 2019 2:42 AM
May 2013
What the actual fuck that was really rushed, awfully garbage trash. It's like the author/mangaka have cancer stage 4 and gonna die in a week so he must end the manga really at this chapter. I don't need a bonus chapters, you end in this it ends. But it was fucking garbage. Rated from 8/10 to 2/10.
Jun 18, 2019 6:10 AM

Jul 2016
"Holy Jesus. What is that? What the f**k is that!?" - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

Basically me looking at the ending of this manga. Terrible pacing continued to the end with not satisfaction. None of the emotional payoffs were earned. 2/10 for the ending, 5/10 overall.
Jun 18, 2019 10:37 AM

Jan 2016
Wow this ending is so bad, I'm so sad...
Jun 18, 2019 1:44 PM
Jun 2019
raisin-kun said:
"Holy Jesus. What is that? What the f**k is that!?" - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

Basically me looking at the ending of this manga. Terrible pacing continued to the end with not satisfaction. None of the emotional payoffs were earned. 2/10 for the ending, 5/10 overall.
Emilia said:
Wow this ending is so bad, I'm so sad...

It's not the end, there's two chapter (3 but one is a past of characters), 1 just after the blue and 1 for the future of the character (We cannot count this chapter 315 as the end) and the chapters are the epilogue so epilogue is the real ending
Jun 19, 2019 12:01 PM

Apr 2016
let's be honest here, i bet most of you stuck with this manga till the end because of the telenovela-ish family drama and not because of the cooking
Jun 20, 2019 12:07 PM
May 2013
Xaelath said:
Started out great, end like a fucking trash.
I am going to miss some characters they build.
Fuck this author.

You should look up his H work then, pretty cool xD
Jun 22, 2019 1:39 AM

Jan 2014
so this ended in the gray area. I hope all the question left unanswered got their answered on the last 3 upcoming chapters.
Jun 22, 2019 2:42 PM
Mar 2016
Terrible ending imo. I was hoping Soma would beat his father or something. Instead, it felt incredibly rushed.
Jun 24, 2019 3:34 AM

Feb 2019
That didn't answer much of anything. Such a disappointing ending that got rushed.
The Epilogue chapter better be Amazing.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jun 28, 2019 5:22 AM

Feb 2010
dafuq with this ending it was so annoying af

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jul 21, 2019 8:18 AM

Sep 2014
And it ended just like that.. This arc was too fast-paced and mixed with a bag of randomness which I'm not a fan of. Sadly, I didn't care much for the ending compared to when this series was starting up

This series definitely ended with a low note but hey! At least it was a fun(mostly) one lol

6/10
Aug 18, 2019 11:36 PM

May 2010
1/10 glad i didnt finish this
Aug 19, 2019 5:04 AM
Sep 2018
I wander if season 4 of the anime will twist the ending a little. I think the production studio won't be stupid enough to adapt it even if everyone is complaining about it. Even if it takes a longer time for it to come out, I think it's much better if they can change the ending a bit. This will bring a more attractive season with a more acceptable ending, isn't it. the question whether if they are willing to do it, what do y'all think?
Dec 15, 2019 5:43 AM

Feb 2018
What the ending... i can't understand.
Dec 15, 2019 10:17 PM
Oct 2019
worst drama and romance.

1. villain out of nowhere that is too op and annoying and able to defeat (jouichiro 5-0 (jouichiro MUST be the final boss (obstacle) that souma have to face but what we got was the new OP annoying villian)

2. the villain makes soma look like a TRASH in the TRASHCAN in the first challenge.

3. the villain made proper advances towards Erina and wants to (MARRY HER) her and actually put his hands on her before.Soma hasn't even come close to doing the same (the villain keep flirting with erina and has more moments with erina (he carried her while she was unconscious, spending) time with her in the office having some tea bring her roses bouquet, kidnapped her)

Beach arc:

4. the villain kidnapped erina and let her go later and she didn't took any action like sue him or put him under arrest for what he did !?

BLUE arc:

5. evil dark chefs mafia and clowns and cooking with some kind of a weapon (making whipped cream with CHAINSAW and baking with Dynamite and more)

6. yuki morosaki was not involved in the blue arc (Morisaki is the brains of all the recipes used in the series.The series officially lists her as a "collaborator").

7. the villian also defeated both 3-0 eishi and megumi without analyze or describe the dishes just straight up results)

8. the villain has one of superpower BS (the ability to gain the chef's skill when he takes their main chef tool,an example is if he takes saibas knife he gains all his years of experience as a chef and adds it to his skill)

9. what erina did something useful in the BLUE ? NOTHING

10. removed 70% of cooking from the manga (entire cooking sequences skipped meaning showing only results)

11. the usage of the characters are not that emphasize so much compared to previous arcs.the story just revolves on the protag and the antag.

12. after all of the building in erina's character development went waste why? just because the villain change her mood!what is the point of building character development? (took takumis' dish and threw it in the TRASHCAN, didn't TRUST souma and want souma to LOSE against the villain in the blue tournament)

13. Erina's mother finally who's the judge in BLUE. She's even colder than Azami towards Erina and she doesn't accept her food

14. dealing with (nakiri family: mother, half brother) (again) and souma going to save erina (again) in the BLUE .

15. rushed (because too many people dropped it in the (BLUE) and the sales of the manga wasn't going very well (sales: vol.31 (280740) - VOL.35 (178355)), so they have to end it fast)

about the next arc and the BLUE arc: were too many people dropped the manga when asahi appeared:

when asahi defeated jouichiro 5-0 people dropped it

when asahi keep flirting with erina and carried her people dropped it

when they saw mafia and clowns cooking with weapons people dropped it

when they saw Chainsaw and baking with Dynamite people dropped it

when they saw asahi with superpower people dropped it

and finally when they saw souma lost to erina people dropped it

so what was souma's role again ?
ah yes to save erina again

the sales of the manga wasn't going very well. so they have to end it fast
take a close look at the chart ((VOL 32 : season 5: final season (the new guy who appeared in the end of the episode)) tell me does it look fine ?

ithyphallic60Apr 2, 2020 12:17 AM
Mar 17, 2020 7:14 AM

Aug 2014
I'm sorry...what? What was this garbage? How did the manga end up like this? This entire final arc is just garbage and dragged the manga down by so much, I don't even know what to say. Superhumans? Stealing super powers? Something something mix things together? The mangaka just went full shounen and added a bunch of unneded shit.

Asahi is such a lame villain just...why? What was the purpose of having him be there? He had a lameass power that was also stupidly broken but still lost because the plot armour was at its peak it seems. And all the other villains from this arc were just trash and nothing special at all either. None of them were fleshed out or had anything memorable about them. They just existed because Yukihira and co needed to beat up some baddies. Takumi getting beaten offscreen is also slightly annoying to, and what about the third trial? That was just...skipped. Erina's past with her mother was also trash, what the hell? The author just casually pulls it out and rushes through it "ahhh this entire time Erina just felt lonely because mom left her"...didn't bother fleshing that part out and explore it more, just...threw it out there??

Then there is Yukihira's mother...we finally see her and it's just a couple of panels? Nothing about how her and Jouchirou met? Why Jouchirou ended up being saved by her? What their relationship was about? The only reason she was introduced to give the Yukihira the great ol' shounen powerup. She was teased for so long, and this is what we get out of it...?!

A shame. The manga was so good initially, but this...this is just awful. The mangaka just rushed everything, I guess he really wanted to move on, but the flaws are just so jarring and blatant, considering how good it was up until now.

This ending makes the ending of Bleach look amazing in comparison, and that's really quite the feat so at least the mangaka got that going for him.
Apr 24, 2020 8:04 AM
Apr 2019
I don't get it, this isn't even a romance manga, why the author even bother to build shouma x erina relationship, i'm really disappointed
Apr 25, 2020 6:32 AM

Feb 2010
I seriously don't get what is wrong with Shounen (WSJ)'s author nowadays, do they even think of the ending when they creating the series? how most of the final arc and ending are so garbage (Bleach, KHR and now this?) like they creating this series without any plan or storyboard at all... and considering how simple SnS should be but the author still managed to mess this up is beyond me.

Dear author please take notes when you creating a series makes sure you already have a proper ending in mind, if you dumb enough just copy Naruto, Naruto's premise is pretty simple even monkey could understand, he wants to become Hokage, he becomes one, a satisfying end for everyone, even Kishimoto had balls to create romance not MC ended up being virgin, props to him.

This series had very garbage final arc, i'd say even KHR's last arc (which i think quite bad and rushed) feels better and accomplished than this. The pathetic Soma didn't even beat his dad (only via Asahi, a cheap villain nobody even cares.... why the hell his dad is beaten by him in the first place is dumb considering his status like final boss even Azami (the previous villain) wanted him), Soma never even beat Erina and she being damsel in distress in most arc frustates me, her mom is trash, her past feels artificially forced, Nakiri clan overall is trash, the rest is just a fodder and nothing else.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Aug 19, 2020 4:44 AM
Aug 2020
i lost the interest to watch fifth plate and the anime should end with yukihara soma as no.1 chef ande erina loves somas food soma defeating his dad everybody's after the school and somaxerina nothing happened very disappointed
Sep 5, 2020 6:22 AM
Feb 2020
oh u guys asking what is this ending like?? this ending like is basically about a story about a "knight/hero/prince fight the bad guy to save the princess,after that nothing happen". yeah NOTHING HAPPENED,NOTHING,its just end like that.
Oct 9, 2020 2:27 AM
Jan 2012
Where and when can we expect more?
Dec 2, 2020 9:38 PM

Jun 2011
After all that, she still won't be honest. Welp, time to start on the three extra chapters...

Why is MAL's chapter count off? There's only 315 chapters, yet it shows 325?
Jan 15, 2021 3:23 PM

Nov 2012
By comments, looks like the end was garbage, but still, the score looks high for me, is it cause of the start and good way to build it until the sad and poor end?

My Candies:

Oct 11, 2021 6:52 PM

May 2015
This is legit worse than Bleach ending. Jesus fuck.
Oct 31, 2021 8:05 PM

Mar 2018
The rise and fall of Shokugeki no Soma, First half a 9, second half a 5, Overall a 7

» Snowflake - Shihoko Hirata «
0:51 ─〇───── 4:54 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹  ↻

Traveler, Please enjoy your stay

Aug 4, 2022 5:37 PM

Aug 2017
Well it's finally over. That was an adventure.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Oct 17, 2022 3:17 PM

Jun 2020
If it wasnt for the 3 extra chapters this ending wouldve been pretty meh. however, after reading the final 3 chapters that sort of wraps everything up i would say it was 7/10 for me. after the team shokugeki it just got pretty meh.
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

Feb 2017
This manga was good when it didn't take itself too seriously. Though, even in the 'serious' arcs, I still got some good unironic laughs and somewhat entertainment. It wasn't bad at all.

I can agree that the last arc is very unnecessary tho.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma ~Le Dessert~ Chapter 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arjuna777 - Aug 17, 2019

94 by Remocracy »»
Aug 4, 2022 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.