Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 8, 2023 8:23 PM
Dec 2021
Old_School_Akira said:
Akira is a masterpiece and is the greatest anime of all time!

You are the only one here that thinks that....the soundtrack was not good and made the action scenes dull and boring
Oct 12, 2023 9:24 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to peterross
Old_School_Akira said:
Akira is a masterpiece and is the greatest anime of all time!

You are the only one here that thinks that....the soundtrack was not good and made the action scenes dull and boring
@peterross

No.

The sound track is the best soundtrack of all time.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Oct 12, 2023 9:41 PM
Dec 2021
Old_School_Akira said:
@peterross

No.

hardly. for half of the action scenes THERE WAS NO SOUNDTRACK! i was shocked that they left most of the big scenes with no music at all. Perfect Blue is a movie with one of the greatest soundtracks of all time, not Akira
Oct 12, 2023 10:04 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to peterross
Old_School_Akira said:
@peterross

No.

hardly. for half of the action scenes THERE WAS NO SOUNDTRACK! i was shocked that they left most of the big scenes with no music at all. Perfect Blue is a movie with one of the greatest soundtracks of all time, not Akira
@peterross

Nah. Akira is the most influential anime film of all time
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Oct 12, 2023 10:27 PM
Dec 2021
Old_School_Akira said:
@peterross

it's a snorefest...and you have no comeback to me saying "where was the music for half the movie?" that's what made Akira an 8 and Perfect Blue a 10. Akiras scenes didn't hit coz they didn't have music!
Nov 26, 2023 4:10 PM
Jan 2022
just watched . jawn is trash . 4/10 max
Nov 26, 2023 4:25 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to Dhaarok
It is fucking trash, and yes obviously you are suppose to review things based on the time period but even back then it was just fucking flashy garbage with good animation. Junk with good animation is still junk but a lot of the plebs on this website think otherwise. Kimi no na wa for example is terrible but it has good animation so its a top 10.
@Dhaarok Why would you rate something based on time period? Enough things back then hold up better than most modern thing where you shouldn't have to do that. I don't really understand that mindset. That being said, I think Akira is fantastic.
Dec 14, 2023 9:24 PM

Aug 2019
Came here just to see if anyone else felt the same way. That kinda sucked lol I just finished watching it and I'm not really sure I got any of that. The whole plot just feels like a mess. And while yes the animation can be good at times, I didn't really like it most of the time. Idk it just feels a bit overhyped. Like I was expecting a more, but it was a bit of a disappointment. Like yeah I get that it came out in the 80s when there really wasn't anything like this, but that doesn't really make me appreciate it more. I just didn't like this movie :(
Dec 14, 2023 9:27 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to peterross
Old_School_Akira said:
@peterross

it's a snorefest...and you have no comeback to me saying "where was the music for half the movie?" that's what made Akira an 8 and Perfect Blue a 10. Akiras scenes didn't hit coz they didn't have music!
@peterross

An 8 feels generous imo, I really didn't like this movie but yeah I agree with you on the music
Dec 14, 2023 9:36 PM
Dec 2021
you're right I'm probably being too generous
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akira Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Friendlysoul - Apr 12, 2008

219 by 0rion14 »»
May 11, 7:37 AM

» Akira is not cyberpunk, it's just a paranormal genre ( 1 2 )

TheRedComment - Jan 22

51 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 27, 5:11 AM

» Ending interpretation

Fukoku - Apr 13

0 by Fukoku »»
Apr 13, 11:25 AM

» Tropes created in Akira

curvedtree - Dec 22, 2023

4 by -DxP- »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:55 AM

» New anime has been cancelled?

RobertBobert - Sep 30, 2023

5 by Vaval »»
Oct 6, 2023 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.