Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 7, 2019 11:14 PM
May 2017
Although I enjoyed the episode, this was quite underwhelming.
May 7, 2019 11:17 PM

May 2015
Zenko says stop, and Garou stops. He's a hero hunter, but he doesn't seem to want to harm innocents...

"Zakkos invited the person he was going to propose to in the venue, but that person was never in the venue!" Lol

Well this episode sure was all over the place. We got monsters and villains rampaging all over the city, and Saitama is just chilling in the martial arts tournament where he only gets to slap someone after the credits. Gotta wait again for next week...

"My eyes are bleeding! They try to make the action look fast, but there is so much shaky cam that I can't keep track of anything! And did you see Metal Knight hanging on to Centichoro? It looked so out of place! And they were showing so many different fights at so many different locations! It's like they're cutting corners and hiding all the good fights! The animators are like...so lazy! It's like they don't want to animate any more! Eww!
May 8, 2019 12:13 AM
Dec 2012
This show is taking a real dump.

Fight tournaments are where writers go when they've ran out of material.

Such disappointment...
May 8, 2019 12:25 AM
Jun 2017
Mattinator95 said:
Knew the directing would be worse then the animation XD

And is this basically going to be Overlord S2 but with OPM where the main character is moved to the side

if you read the manga, it's been the case lately. not the anime's fault. saitama is like a side character. But the animation, direction, and pacing is a slump this season.
May 8, 2019 12:27 AM
Nov 2016
Like everyone already mentioned, this episode was all over the place and the blurry shaky camera to hide the crappy animation is getting on my nerves.

This part was good in the manga but it's lacking the oomph here, it just feels so... meh...

7/10 episode, it's not garbage but it's way too generic and average. I really hope another competent studio make a "One Punch Man S02 Brotherhood" or some shit because this deserved better.
May 8, 2019 12:55 AM
Apr 2016
Karunasagar_Gv said:
Unyversu said:
I enjoyed the episode to be honest, i have no idea why you little weebs cry so much lmfao. If it's so bad why don't you go join up with J.C.Staff and show them how much better you can do it? Dam kiddos

It's called critique, one doesn't have to be an expert at something to criticize it. You can see the uprpar against Sonic finally led to the director agreeing to correct the character design of Sonic, in the same way crititique only helps to improve a product.

What happened with Sonic is not "critique", it is a "widespread outrage". Precisely because it was not a mass of educated, seasoned people with weighted opinions supported by years of experience and common art understanding, but because it was just a mass of people who did not like how the new character looks like. Do not use that word to describe any kind of badmouthing or outrage, please. The local user base so far fails to provide actual critique and merely create outrage which mostly boils down to "not epic not good". Apex of redneckery.
And now I see that your wording provides mental gratification and justification for the worst badmouther I have seen in the last 12 hours. You are making it worse for everyone, as he now might think he is not alone in his fourth rate "critique" on something he definitely see see, but not understand. Show some compassion to either of us and do not make anymore claims that fuel the delusions of some.
Daniel_NaumovMay 8, 2019 1:01 AM
Re:formed
May 8, 2019 1:22 AM

Dec 2012
Why the hell are all the fight scenes being delegated to black screens, white flashes and shaky camera whilst the character stands still blocking? I know Madhouse set a high bar for the fighting but JC are barely even trying. So dissapointing
May 8, 2019 1:31 AM

Apr 2018
So bad. I just dropped my score for this season from 8 to 5. Lol
looks like we have another great manga with a shitty anime adaptation, along with Overlord, Tokyo ghoul and berserk.
May 8, 2019 1:39 AM

Jun 2015
I admit it guys. I was wrong. I could somehow enjoy the last few episodes, but this one is just no, big no. I don't mind bad animation or bad art, I just freakin hated a face paced directing. It looks like the production staff are trying to waste the material so the fans won't cry for another sequel.

Just another half-assed production value that doesn't give a fuck about the franchise, I mean J.C Staff destroyed Food Wars, so OPM could be, No, already been their victim. It seems like they make the anime adaptation just to fill the TV's broadcast. Not for actually make a good one.

Dropped at episode 5, with the score of 6 (that is me being merciful here). I already read the manga anyway, so I won't look back nor will I ever regretted it.
May 8, 2019 1:46 AM
Feb 2009
Fubuki looking thicc with the very small screen time she got
May 8, 2019 1:48 AM
Aug 2018
The reason we all loved season 1 was the literal one-punch action throughout the series.
Now we're at episode 5 and saitama isn't anywhere in action. This season is a total disappointment till yet.
May 8, 2019 2:00 AM

Oct 2014
Funny to see how this season is simply forgettable by fans of the first one and media alike, and no amount of thicc-ness is going to make up for it.

This has simply become an average anime that people only give a damn because of first season and the impact that had caused. It's the first time that even the voice acting is fairly subpair with everything else, and one has to explain what exactly is going on with that metal effect.

Also: Random red background just because? What happened with dynamism and screen writing?
May 8, 2019 2:21 AM
May 2013
the frame blending thing is really starting to annoy the hell out of me. it never looks good.
May 8, 2019 2:24 AM

Jul 2014
Nice progression... Zenko came to the rescue... of whom is anyone's guess.
Suiryu vs Charanko hype!
May 8, 2019 3:16 AM

Aug 2016
Ah, One-slap tournament arc begins.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2019 3:19 AM

May 2012
so much haters

For me this is best episode so far. Animations looked fine, and I don't care about manga

Super S is also my favorite monster
thepathMay 8, 2019 3:24 AM
May 8, 2019 3:34 AM

Jul 2016
Martin_Taylor said:
Ah, One-slap tournament arc begins.

Charanko will be S class in no time :P
May 8, 2019 3:36 AM

Dec 2016
Somehow this shit is worse than GoT s8 fiasco
May 8, 2019 3:46 AM
Jan 2018
Maximillian_ks said:
Mattinator95 said:
Knew the directing would be worse then the animation XD

And is this basically going to be Overlord S2 but with OPM where the main character is moved to the side

if you read the manga, it's been the case lately. not the anime's fault. saitama is like a side character. But the animation, direction, and pacing is a slump this season.

There's alot complaining about the fight tournament as well
May 8, 2019 3:52 AM
Jul 2014
It's still baffling to me, how the ever living f... the CG centipede looks the best in the show, and everything else is just ok.

Not much to say about the story, because I already knew it. But sadly, one of my favorite fights in the series handled pretty boringly.
May 8, 2019 4:13 AM
Jan 2018
It's going to go really downhill from here
May 8, 2019 4:15 AM

Jan 2009
i posted this on another thread but might as well share it here

found this manga vs anime comparison of Metal Bat vs Garo on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMan/comments/blucq9/latest_ep_spoilers_comparison_between_the_manga/

May 8, 2019 5:01 AM

Jul 2016
Mattinator95 said:
People need to stop with the "they used up all the budget on this amount of epiosdes which is why x looks shitty " excuse it's pretty much just a meme at this point

Just like how some of Index fans went with all those "J.C Staff was saving budgets and their best on x arc which is why y look bad" excuse for Index III? Lol
MahiaErebeaNegiMay 8, 2019 5:46 AM
May 8, 2019 5:13 AM

Nov 2010
Sigh, I feel like they were in right track two last eps. The fights were actually pretty good, no complains from me for the animation, pacing was pretty good- but ep 5 didn't have those at all. It's not bad for me, but it's kinda being pulled by the story and characters while animation especially in some fight scenes and overall direction just leaves lot to be desired.
May 8, 2019 5:37 AM

Feb 2019
I'm enjoying this adaptation since I'm not really picky lol. But i haven't read the manga yet so that's why I guess
owkey
May 8, 2019 5:46 AM

Mar 2018
It was alright, I didn't hate it. It was definitely the worst episode so far but I stil enjoyed it.
Evangelion is shit
May 8, 2019 6:08 AM
Jan 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Mattinator95 said:
People need to stop with the "they used up all the budget on this amount of epiosdes which is why x looks shitty " excuse it's pretty much just a meme at this point

Just like how some of Index fans went with all those "J.C Staff was saving budgets and their best on x arc which is why y look bad" excuse for Index III? Lol

That excuse is used on other animes as well like overlord 2-3 and even Sao A and even dororo 2nd cour for example. And it seems a few people Still haven't learned that's hardly the case .
May 8, 2019 6:13 AM
Jan 2018
FesterTY said:
J.C. Staff should just stop here and let Madhouse do the second part of the season. This episode is just unwatchable on many levels. If it’s going to be like this for the rest of the season, might as well stop here and do what AoT did with its third season.

That's not how it works and what says madhouse will do better it could end up worse or the same.

Splitting it up into parts is hardly going to help AOT part 2 is already showing production problems givin the 6month break with epiosde 2 and we will most likely see it worse in Epiosde 3
May 8, 2019 6:20 AM
Apr 2019
I was so excited to see Saitama fight, but again he barely did anything in this episode. Haven't seen him in action for almost 2 episodes now. it's still a gr8 anime but I'm a little disappointed in his screen time.
May 8, 2019 6:32 AM

Oct 2017
There were some animation issues in this episode but I overall enjoyed it.
May 8, 2019 6:32 AM
Oct 2013
I will not comment on the animation, i'm hoping they're saving it for the big fight in tournment.
But...But...But

Metal Knight scene, who in their heads would add heroic Saitama's theme to "villian character like him"?
The sound design is one of the worst, if you don't know even the genre of the Characters involved in the adaptaion, then maybe next time we will hear ruler theme with Saitama's scenes, just because it rocks.

the Adaptaion fell off a cliff after the 3rd episdoe, but still i have hopes they would deliever Justice to the final match and climax of the tournment.
May 8, 2019 6:40 AM

Mar 2019
What the hell, that was the worst episode by far. Bad pacing, bad framings, bad consistency, bad sound effects.

2nd season is a mistake. This arc should've been made into 2 or 3 separate feature films instead.
May 8, 2019 7:12 AM

Nov 2017
Yooo Metal Bat is fucking amazing. I love that dude! But other than that this was just another episode with a bunch of random monsters and heroes thrown in with a bit of Garou here and there. This season has been quite boring so far qua storyline and characters. I thought this episode was finally going to be about the tournament based on the title but it was just the preprations and stuff... oh welp hopefully next week will be more interesting... (Though I do like to know more about this monster association and their coordinated attack).

Mod edit: one screenshot per post
BarnaldMay 12, 2019 1:05 AM

plz @ me
May 8, 2019 7:22 AM

May 2015
What a bunch of randomness with awful pacing and the most interesting part placed after ED.

I seriously considered dropping this half-way through. Maybe I should, but I still want to see Saitama in that tournament. I'm not sure if it's better to read manga at this point as the main story is the same and I'm not interested at all.
May 8, 2019 7:24 AM

May 2015
I wonder how many anime-only people would still be defending this if they read the manga... I'm gonna guess not many.

This was easily the worst episode yet. And it's not just the animation that's the problem, the pacing and flow of the story just seems off. I can't really explain it well, but I have a way better time reading the story than I do watching it. It's disappointing, but I guess we're just gonna have to live with this level of quality. I definitely don't see it getting any better.

May 8, 2019 7:40 AM

May 2012
TsukuyomiREKT said:
I wonder how many anime-only people would still be defending this if they read the manga... I'm gonna guess not many.

This was easily the worst episode yet. And it's not just the animation that's the problem, the pacing and flow of the story just seems off. I can't really explain it well, but I have a way better time reading the story than I do watching it. It's disappointing, but I guess we're just gonna have to live with this level of quality. I definitely don't see it getting any better.

I did enjoy this episode a lot

SO why should I even attack/criticize something that I did enjoy a lot ?! It is more entertaining than most anime in this season.

Also, I don't care about manga. I have seen some people post some screens of manga to show how better the drawing. But it did not not change my opinion at all. As long I am enjoying it there is noting to complain about.

May 8, 2019 8:11 AM
Feb 2016
thepath said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

SO why should I even attack/criticize something that I did enjoy a lot ?! It is more entertaining than most anime in this season.

Also, I don't care about manga. I have seen some people post some screens of manga to show how better the drawing. But it did not not change my opinion at all. As long I am enjoying it there is noting to complain about.

Just because you alone enjoy it doesn't mean the majority of people find this acceptable in most scenarios for shows. Cuz we don't and it's becoming horrible
May 8, 2019 8:18 AM
Aug 2015
thepath said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

What type of logic is that? There’s a lot wrong with the production of this anime. Just because you accept mediocrity doesn’t mean that others will.
May 8, 2019 8:24 AM

Dec 2016
Reminds me of tokyo ghoul and it's downfall thanks to TG:RE
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 8, 2019 9:24 AM

Jul 2015
Can't wait until they release Metal Bat's theme
May 8, 2019 9:27 AM

May 2012
Sephyros said:
Reminds me of tokyo ghoul and it's downfall thanks to TG:RE

Tokyo Ghoul RE 2nd season was extremely rushed. I did not hate it because of animation (I did not see anything wrong with it), but I did not like it because it was so confusing, I did not even know what is going on.

One punch man 2 does not have same problem like the latest season of tokyo ghoul. Most people seem to complaining about animation, which is not that bad in my opinion. Animation looks ok/passable but everything else is good and entertaining.
May 8, 2019 9:43 AM

Sep 2017
I have mixed feelings about this episode. On one hand, the fight with Metal Bat was incredibly disappointing but I'm also partially excited for the Super Fight arc. It's just a damn shame the Metal Bat fight will likely never get the justice it deserves because JC dropped the fucking ball here.
May 8, 2019 10:21 AM
Sep 2016
I'm just here to dance on OPM's grave.
Don't mind me
1.1.Six
May 8, 2019 10:56 AM

Jan 2012
As has been mentioned above, a really weak episode. While the lack of smooth fight scenes is something I'm used to by now, this episode is also directed rather poorly.
Both story lines contained too many introduction scenes so switching between these story lines did not provide a change of atmosphere as it did in the previous episode. Furthermore, the switches slowed down the generally slow pacing even more what resulted in a tedious flow lacking any feeling of progression.
May 8, 2019 11:18 AM

Apr 2018
GundamSoul said:
Fl0ri4n said:
Are we overexaggerating a lot here?

Nope. Being pretty tame actually. lol
You aren't. Just like every other hater you act like this season is one of the worst animes ever even tho its still way over average. I understand the CGI hate for all the metal parts in the anime but this is really the only justified reason. We all know its not close to be as good as season 1 but it also wouldn't be if Madhouse would work on this season.

May 8, 2019 11:31 AM

Jan 2014
fight metal bat and garou wasnt bad, just medicore, im dissapointed

3/5

Saitama's slap after credits was fun and good idea

deg said:
i posted this on another thread but might as well share it here

found this manga vs anime comparison of Metal Bat vs Garo on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMan/comments/blucq9/latest_ep_spoilers_comparison_between_the_manga/

anime doesnt have to look good like in the manga, first picture is too good for anime (anime version is not bad) but second definitely could be better because looks just awful

Taito10May 8, 2019 11:44 AM
May 8, 2019 11:49 AM

Apr 2015
I kinda got used to the godawful animation but the pacing is unbearable. enjoying this season is impossible for me.
May 8, 2019 11:59 AM

Nov 2017
Such a mess they could probably barely get it out of the editing chamber/development etc. It's like throwing a bowl of spaghetti on the wall and seeing what sticks.

The material is sure there, the story is great, they're speeding by every bump as their truck goes hilariously AWOL and the axle is broken and everything underneath is a churned disaster.

To think this is the anime EVERYONE was looking forward to for four bloody years. "We won't make money."

Alright. "We're going to make an expensive mess about phantoms instead."

Alright. "It won't be any good but we'll spend all our time on it."

Alright. "You won't like it, it's not good."

Sure. "Just as long as you don't get OPMS2 proper."

Aha.
May 8, 2019 1:00 PM

Apr 2011
Let's face it, everyone wanted an all Saitama episode. It was not as amusing as the previous episodes even though in them we met new heroes, some sort of story ended up reveling itself and it ended up giving a "heartwarming" kind of feel in the end.

This episode was basicaly random heroes after heroes and monsters after monster. I hope next episode is better~
May 8, 2019 1:00 PM

Apr 2008
Fl0ri4n said:
GundamSoul said:

Nope. Being pretty tame actually. lol
You aren't. Just like every other hater you act like this season is one of the worst animes ever even tho its still way over average. I understand the CGI hate for all the metal parts in the anime but this is really the only justified reason. We all know its not close to be as good as season 1 but it also wouldn't be if Madhouse would work on this season.

I am not comparing this to every other anime ever. I am comparing it to the quality it should be based on season one and the manga. I know exactly why this season is awful and it has nothing to do with the studio and it is not just the animation that is the problem anymore. Consider it above average all you want. Don't care. But don't waste my time calling me a hater when I call a shit episode shit when it is my opinion. Deal with it.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FarCritical »»
Today, 12:07 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by Gooliver »»
May 5, 2:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

201 by tensemoment »»
May 5, 10:50 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.