Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 12, 2019 1:07 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread cleaned

Removed trolling/baiting. Please refrain from posting baits.

As a reminder off topic and single phrase responses are removed without notice.
May 12, 2019 1:34 AM

Dec 2014
can't wait for some charanko action....nice
May 12, 2019 3:50 AM

Apr 2016
This can't be compared to Season 1, in any way, except that Saitama and the gang are in it.

Worst episode so far for me. The cutaway scenes and the whole structure was so off, if I wasn't a fan of Murata's work and the franchise, I'd have already dropped it.
May 12, 2019 7:47 AM

May 2015
Eyyyyy komando loli next time
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 12, 2019 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
I'm all about Metal Bat and Garou is pretty cool too. It does feel a little all over the place but it is what it is. It does feel like Saitama is no longer the focus of his own damn show though.
May 12, 2019 7:19 PM

May 2016
I had so many good memories about Metal Bat's fight against Senior Centipede and Garou in the manga that I wanted to see way more of him as the chapters went by but watching it go on like this was kind of a letdown compared to how they handled some of the other previous fights which I really enjoyed. The source material was so memorable but I pretty much forgot about the fight the morning after I watched it. It's not like I hate it but it's pretty mediocre compared to the other stuff.

The tournament fights so far could've been handled a lot better too but I guess that it's just the beginning after all.

May 12, 2019 9:15 PM
Apr 2015
So just tell me straight does Saitama have a fight as epic as when he fought Boros ?? Or even when he fought Genos ??
May 12, 2019 10:00 PM
Nov 2016
DragonIncursio said:
So just tell me straight does Saitama have a fight as epic as when he fought Boros ?? Or even when he fought Genos ??

Will he fight? yes, it won't be that epic but it's pretty good, the anime will handle it like crap though so don't expect too much from it. An epic fight like Boros? Nope, not any time soon. Saitama will have an epic fight compared to the likes of Boros but that's pretty much far ahead, that's season 3 and the manga is not even there yet, the manga still has a lot to go through to get there.

To anime only viewers expecting that fight in season 3 then you need to wait probably 4 or 5 years, just read the god-awful webcomic if you're desperate or read the manga since it's pretty damn awesome. Forget about the anime, this season suck ass.

Fuck you J.C Staff.
xZabuzaxMay 12, 2019 10:06 PM
May 13, 2019 8:46 PM

Aug 2015
the episode had its funny moments but it's annoying that they give so much screen to random characters that I don't care about, if they are going to do that, at least they should give more focus to the thicc goddess Fubuki xd
May 14, 2019 2:34 AM
Jan 2018
Animer_man said:
Guys this was badly done by producers and sound director. Animators are not doing anything wrong, I think the producer just wants some MONEY and nothing else.

It's either a cash grab for the series owners or the anime committee.

Wonder how many sales the manga has now due to this season
May 14, 2019 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
Everyone is throwing shit at the fight, which, yeah, it was pretty meh, but if there's something that didn't let me enjoy the episode were the fast pace and the constant cuts. Like, this was already present in the other episodes but not at this level, it felt like they were trying to cram everything they could without giving the necessary time to each scene, many times it felt like one scene could last a few more seconds but it was cut abruptly and passed immediately to the next one.
And to make things worse there is the tournament, which I like the idea, but the constant and weird cuts make the two events that are happening at the same time do not flow properly.

Well, leaving that aside:

Damn, I know it's nothing new but Fubuki is so fucking hot, I love her.

I'm really liking Garou's character, I found him very interesting.

And it seems that next episode is finally time for "Angry loli noises", looking forward to it.
May 14, 2019 5:55 PM

Jul 2009
Saitama is funny as hell. Always redirecting insults to those around him XD

Glad to see Fubuki action! Hopefully they will animated it longer as well!

Metal Bat vs Garo was ace. I really wish they had kept Metal Bat's VA to Josuke from JoJo Part 4 like he did in the ASB and HOH games.

Can't wait for the next one!
May 15, 2019 1:40 PM

Mar 2009
What the hell is that girl wearing?

Disappointing episode, overall. Very boring.
May 16, 2019 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty OK episode. Not revolutionary good, but not bad either. I enjoyed watching it, though several previous episodes were definitely me entertaining.

Metal Bat it's surely strong after what he showed in his duel with Garou. Plus he is very durable guy. It was funny when Garou decided to resign from further wrecking of Metal Bat when this hero's sister appeared and ordered Garou to let it go, lol.

Metal Knight looked average with that metal gradient, but I will hold off on judging his appearance until seeing more scenes with him.

Good to know the tournament is finally on. I want to see more from Saitama disguised as Charanko. ;D
May 17, 2019 6:12 PM

Aug 2016
This episode sucked. Garo’s face is fucked up. I loved the tournament arc, so this is sad.
May 18, 2019 11:03 AM

Jul 2008
Everybody's going on about the animation, but the sound effects are really grating on me. It's difficult to describe the noise they're using, but every blow has this same low quality rumble sound. It's like there's one guy doing all the work, so nothing gets proper attention.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
May 18, 2019 6:17 PM
May 2019
new one punchman game https://u.to/3ithFQ
May 18, 2019 6:17 PM
May 2019
May 18, 2019 8:48 PM
Oct 2014
shane_nichols said:
Boring episode. Fight was trash. Thanks for ruining the best moment for metal bat JC faggots

This. My hope for this season died with this fight. I will probably watch till the end but it's proving to be hard to do so
May 27, 2019 12:07 PM

Mar 2016
A bunch of events squeezed into 1 ep, but it can't be helped.

Garou vs Metal Bat was decent in terms of animation, but man the visual quality is baaaad. Garou's face literally changes into different forms throughout the fight!

Saitama is just chilling fighting these weak scrubs while the monster association is rampaging throughout the country.
Jun 1, 2019 7:27 AM

Dec 2015
This would be the perfect chance for Saitama to show off his power and easily defeat all the monsters, but he's busy lol, he's in a tournament right now.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 14, 2019 8:30 PM

Jul 2013
Lol monsters are rampaging and Saitama's chilling.
Jul 10, 2019 5:10 AM

Mar 2015
Garo too strong, really can't wait to see how he fares against Saitama..
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 12, 2019 10:31 PM

Jul 2013
With all these monsters appearing Saitama would have fun for days. The fight between Garou and Metal Bat was okay, the animation definitely lacked compared to last episode. Funny how Metal Bats little sister interupted the fight.

Bang is so heated up. I felt sorry for that monster he absolutely murdered.

Fubuki looks so fucking hot damn. Best girl for sure in OPM. I hope they explain at some point why these monster are after the leaders of the hero association.

Jul 21, 2019 7:58 AM

Mar 2015
Imagine the hero association calling Genos for help but he's just like lol I'm busy watching this tournament alright
Jul 27, 2019 11:54 PM

Dec 2018
1 thing I realized is that Metal Knight weapon test always failed to destroy the target.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 7, 2019 9:16 AM

Jul 2015
Looks like the monsters are organised and fighting tactically, if only saitama wouldn't have entered the tournament, there probably wouldn't be such a big problem

Oct 31, 2019 1:10 AM

Apr 2017
>All of the animation budget went to Fubuki and Super-S's tits
Based.
Feb 21, 2020 10:31 PM
Apr 2017
Supersky said:
The guy who's doing the sound effects was the sound director for Berserk 2016. So no wonder it sounds awful.

That explains a lot.

I have been kind of surprised at how this season has played out so far. Not only has it almost completely lost track of the heart of the first season (the parody and wit), when they have decided to include (the fights and hero association lore) doesn't hit hard at all. It's just bad direction and bad production values on every front.
Apr 17, 2020 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
Touka said:
Everybody's going on about the animation, but the sound effects are really grating on me. It's difficult to describe the noise they're using, but every blow has this same low quality rumble sound. It's like there's one guy doing all the work, so nothing gets proper attention.

Yeah it's the same insane loud almost distorted sound for every heavy impact ...

Genos clapping for Saitama was cute :D
Jul 23, 2020 7:31 AM

Apr 2009
PrOxAnto said:
I found that endearing too. The rest were booing his master but Genos with a deadpan facial expression was in serious, rapid and automatic applause mode just for Saitama!

So there's a Monster Association as well? Hmm...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 3, 2021 9:52 PM

Feb 2019
Of course we need some fan service monsters... smh.

Also, how has it taken this long for the tournament to start?
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jan 31, 2021 11:02 AM

Oct 2020
Garou surely hit his head hard when was child. He didn't continued when Metal Bats sister stopped them. He likes children of course. However Metal Bat getting stronger was nice. He was trying to defeat Garou but using the same fighting style. That's bad!! Didn't enjoyed that part.

Good thing the tournament started. Genos is also here. Saitama at least got one fan. There is no doubt Saitama will win but after the first win they just called the other guy weak. Still Saitama not getting praised even as Charanko.

The city is in huge threat but still they don't call all the heroes. I don't understand why Blast doesn't show up. Is he for just God level threat? And there is a association of monster and Garou the monster fan declining to be added. This guy surely lost his mind. But I still think who is behind this?
Jan 31, 2021 11:04 AM

Oct 2020
PrOxAnto said:
Touka said:

Yeah it's the same insane loud almost distorted sound for every heavy impact ...

I think this is happening for the change of there studio. Maybe they weren't ready then but still published for fans. I hope the next season will do better on these things.
Apr 24, 2021 1:46 AM

Apr 2013
That will be some juicy fight between Fubuki and Super-S hmmmmm... Saitama's first fight ended just how you'd expect it to end.
Nov 15, 2021 10:51 PM
Jul 2018
poopoo not as good as S1
Oct 25, 2022 1:16 AM
Oct 2021
it was good but wasnt perfect
Nov 5, 2022 6:20 PM
Jan 2021
too much ecchi for me
Dec 30, 2022 3:56 AM
Jun 2022
GAROU VS METAL BATTTT
Feb 23, 2023 6:50 AM
Dec 2020
is good one punch man
Oct 13, 2023 8:16 PM

Mar 2012
I guess as twisted as Garou's personality is. he won't stoop to killing his opponents (though he does brutally beat them) or letting monsters attack people that can't fight back. Guy's just fucking nuts.

Looks like the monsters are starting to get organized huh.
Nov 22, 2023 6:19 PM

Jul 2021
Fubuk is so beautiful. (i need her)

Dec 9, 2023 9:16 PM

Nov 2023
Reply to xShinigami3125
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have gotten to the point where I can ironically enjoy this. Garou looks so god damn awful, and the animation is so lame that it's bloody hilarious.
Lmao, I can so relate to how youre feeling about this subject
Dec 28, 2023 7:17 PM
Apr 2018
Basic episode... there is a lot going on. Not sure if this is where I would like the story to be at.
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Jul 2022
Okay so they're reeeeally showing it down our throats that this Garo dude is nOt SuCh A bAd GuY and that he's gOt SoMe MoRaLs, ok whatever anyways why does every fucking shonen need to have a whip lady GOSH. The bitch-slap at the end was funny & the animation and looks are fine as long as there is no metal or latex surface to animate.... And there is a lot of metal and latex surfaces.....
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FarCritical »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by Gooliver »»
May 5, 2:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

201 by tensemoment »»
May 5, 10:50 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.