Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 6, 2019 1:35 PM
Jul 2015
I've been wanting to read the Higurashi visual novel for years now and I was super excited when I saw it was being remade on steam and updated. But that was almost 4 years ago and they're only on chapter 6. Also they just released a update that replaced all the old music for some reason and you can't switch back to the original. I'm tired of waiting, even though I already watched the anime is the manga still worth reading? I heard its a much better adaptation. Will I be missing out on a lot or is it mostly the same experience? Or should I just keep waiting?
Nothing to see here
May 6, 2019 2:13 PM

Jan 2015
I heard the manga is pretty decent. But the VN is a whole level of different beast compared to the anime from what I experienced. Throughout the VN you will understand why people praise Ryukishi07 masterful writing.
Rance X is A GOAT.
May 6, 2019 3:43 PM

May 2014
The manga is a great adaptation of the VN. The manga even adapts arcs from the VN that weren't done in the anime. The different artists for each arc is a really nice touch as well. Even though i like the anime more, just because i tend to prefer anime to manga. The manga has much more detail to it's story and the artwork adds a lot to the scenes. At the end of the day i'd say it's down to preference. Do you prefer reading VN's or Manga? Whatever the answer is go with that one.

Though the VN will probably take quite a long time to finish coming out on steam if we consider the arcs past the original 8.
May 6, 2019 11:58 PM
Jul 2015
its not about my preference I just want to read Higurashi already I'm tired of waiting. If the manga is written and executed just as well as the VN just without sound and color I'll read it. But if it's missing anything major that holds it back from the Vn (even not having sound if thats a big deal) I guess I'll keep waiting
Nothing to see here
May 7, 2019 9:52 AM
Jul 2015
fancyjasper said:
The manga is a great adaptation of the VN. The manga even adapts arcs from the VN that weren't done in the anime. The different artists for each arc is a really nice touch as well. Even though i like the anime more, just because i tend to prefer anime to manga. The manga has much more detail to it's story and the artwork adds a lot to the scenes. At the end of the day i'd say it's down to preference. Do you prefer reading VN's or Manga? Whatever the answer is go with that one.

Though the VN will probably take quite a long time to finish coming out on steam if we consider the arcs past the original 8.

Whether its the best version or is
Nothing to see here
Jan 8, 2021 12:51 PM

Jan 2017
I just saw the anime and read the manga of the second arc, 4 episodes did no justification to it. But can someone tell me what was the zombie stuff at the conclusion of this arc? It went over my head.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Watanagashi-hen Chapter 12 Discussion

Julio-sama - Feb 1, 2010

15 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 6, 6:21 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Watanagashi-hen Chapter 11 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Dec 26, 2011

1 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 6, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Watanagashi-hen Chapter 10 Discussion

Samu-tan - Jan 24, 2010

4 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 6, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Watanagashi-hen Chapter 9 Discussion

Malware - Feb 20, 2012

1 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Watanagashi-hen Chapter 8 Discussion

xEllify - Jan 4, 2010

2 by DefeatingMe »»
Apr 6, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.