Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 26, 2019 9:07 AM

Dec 2016
YossaRedMage said:
What on earth does the pre-airing hype have to do with the quality of a show? If you feel lied to because you bought in to the hype then that's your problem.

Look, I agree that the writing is seriously bad at times. But I would call it inconsistent rather than completely terrible. The first few episodes, some of the SOL-esque stuff between the first and second waves, the second wave (kinda) were all very good to fine. Only everything involving Myne and the Royal Family after the first wave has been bad in my opinion/ I really think you should listen to people saying you should wait until it's finished becasue who knows if the quality will pick up again. Personally, I doubt it, but still...

And if you want to voice complaints, keep them legitimate first of all, which you have done by focusing on writing. Tired of hearing fucking normies complain about loli characters, but I think you've focused on the writing so it's all good. Haven't read everything you've written though. Second of all try to do without sounding like you're an angry asshole. It's a forum, we have no idea if you're really an angry asshole, but it looks that way.

Lastly don't give me that crap about rating on MAL not meaning anything because people don't use the whole scale. All that matters is the order and the averaged scores are still broken down in to two decimal places which gives plenty of room to distinguish between shows. There are lots of good shows rated less than Shield Hero and you can boil that down to poor taste or seasonal bias if you like (I'll even agree slightly) but the fact reamins a lot of people really like the show.

Pre-airing hype has nothing to do with the quality of a show, but it does make the deficit in quality more remarkable. Plenty of shows are airing right now that are worse than Shield Hero but they lack the following.

As for the writing, in absolute terms, it has ranged from average to bad, with latter episodes have had progressively worse writing. I disagree that the first episodes had anything but bad writing; the entire setup of this series was rushed and contrived, something that I have been saying since day one. I went into this series with an open mind, knowing nothing about it, and the writing problems were immediately apparent.

I am kind of an asshole so it makes sense that I sound like one.
Apr 26, 2019 3:08 PM

Apr 2012
VeryLTTP said:
Aniteku said:
Also this ben kinda bugging me a bit but crits and haters of this show keep using the word "bad writing" like its they catchfrase to hate on something but isnt suppose to be "bad directing" instead?

Just trying to understand, so calling it bad writing isnt the same as attacking the source material? Isnt that a bit off? Why are you guys attacking the source when the only thing you saw was the anime and the words of some people?

It makes for a pretty good drinking game, so at least the "bad writing" catchphrase isn't totally banal.

And when it comes to directing vs writing, I think the adaptation is dragged down more by the former. The beginning of Episode 15 is an obvious example of bad directing because it isn't just that the scene was changed from the LN/manga, but it also sets up inconsistent characterization. The zombie dragon fight in Episode 8 is another such example of where the directing was more of an issue, not the writing.

idk if bad directing has anything to do with 0 iq , one dimensional antagonists
are they actually less pepega in the source?

i still can't get over the fact how awful the older Melomarc sister is and how everyone drones over her because she has a vagina.
zzzeallyApr 26, 2019 3:17 PM

Apr 26, 2019 3:51 PM
Dec 2018
zzzeally said:
VeryLTTP said:

It makes for a pretty good drinking game, so at least the "bad writing" catchphrase isn't totally banal.

And when it comes to directing vs writing, I think the adaptation is dragged down more by the former. The beginning of Episode 15 is an obvious example of bad directing because it isn't just that the scene was changed from the LN/manga, but it also sets up inconsistent characterization. The zombie dragon fight in Episode 8 is another such example of where the directing was more of an issue, not the writing.

idk if bad directing has anything to do with 0 iq , one dimensional antagonists
are they actually less pepega in the source?

i still can't get over the fact how awful the older Melomarc sister is and how everyone drones over her because she has a vagina.
they do give more details about her and not just myne but the king and other heroes but again anime kinda failed and skiped content and made anime only watcher be confuse or go around saying they dont make any sence. Did you know that other 3 heroes died before being summon? This kinda was interesting for me but anime skip it. Sword got murdered protecting his friend from a thug. Spear had 2 girlfriends and they both end up being yanderes who end up stabing him to death. And bow got run over by a truck but theres more to his backstory but it will be spoiler. Naofumi is really the only hero that dint die and he was summon from a book.

I think the 3 heroes deaths it changed them sword now thinks that having people weaker then him just slow him down . Spear is actualy afraid of woman is why he listen to myne 100% and why he got a thing for lolis. Bow hero is kinda spoiler but he seams to be very into the word "justice"
AnitekuApr 26, 2019 3:55 PM
Apr 26, 2019 4:03 PM
Mar 2014
Maybe it's just me but the CGI felt jerky at times, low fps and all. The episode was still fine, and the plot is still advancing, but I think I enjoyed some of the previous episodes a bit more than this one. For instance, the previous episode had that backstory of Raphtalia which imo is still important. The one good thing about this episode was there was a bit of info dumps later on though it would've been nicer if we had more.
Apr 26, 2019 5:32 PM

Dec 2016
Low_res_Hibiki said:
I really didnt understand the filolial queen at all, like, she said that she knew about how human countries discriminate against the shield hero but expects naofumi to convince the other heroes to get along? wtf

Also she said that the heroes should fight in different countries, so if they cant get along like she wants cant they just have naofumi figthing in another country? why kill the heroes in that case? and if she kills them how are the new summoned low level heroes even manage to repel the waves? and the royalty would still try to fuck up the new shield hero, nothing would change.

I hope we dont see more of the filolial queen after next ep, she's a pretty shit character tbh

You see, the writers/author realized that at this point in the story Naofumi actually needs some kind of character arc. So, learning to overcome his cynical, bitter edgelord persona is his new internal struggle and opportunity for "growth".

I haven't read into the lore, but I am sure that there will be some pepega reason why all the heroes must fight together to "unlock their powers" or somesuch.
Apr 26, 2019 10:12 PM
Jan 2016
genesic123 said:
So you haters are saying that an adventure manga that has twists and turns is bad?They are still going to their goals.

You haters are also saying that finding out something you dont know later on is bad,even though that there is foreshadowing.

This is very relevant to flio.

Comparaing this to sao is dishonest.Shield hero is an actual adventure.Things actually happen that are relevant unlike sao.The harem has a meqningful narrative purpose unlike Sao.

Haters gonna hate.Thay hate shield hero for its guts to be a good isekai.

What do you mean by twists and turns everything that happened is boring and predictable with everyone with a brain teaming up with Naofumi and people who are against him are immoral morons.
Apr 26, 2019 11:01 PM
Jan 2013
Yourmom53 said:
genesic123 said:
So you haters are saying that an adventure manga that has twists and turns is bad?They are still going to their goals.

You haters are also saying that finding out something you dont know later on is bad,even though that there is foreshadowing.

This is very relevant to flio.

Comparaing this to sao is dishonest.Shield hero is an actual adventure.Things actually happen that are relevant unlike sao.The harem has a meqningful narrative purpose unlike Sao.

Haters gonna hate.Thay hate shield hero for its guts to be a good isekai.

What do you mean by twists and turns everything that happened is boring and predictable with everyone with a brain teaming up with Naofumi and people who are against him are immoral morons.

What predictable?Even now you see that the heros have a consicence, and there are underlying politics behind the heros.

Do thay have giant chickens and dinosaurs slugging it out?How many isekai really try to be an adventure?

There arent any notable isekai that have politics done right like this.That is a big unique thing.

Apr 27, 2019 1:44 AM

Nov 2014
So Melromarc somehow got this monopoly on the heroes and the waves of other countries are just handled by the Filolial raised by a previous hero.

Oh boy I can't wait for the show to finally shove us a real antagonist or expand the scope beyond the politics of Naofumi and the other 3 heroes within this one kingdom. Let's hope the 2 morons finding the hidden archive drives the story forward somemore. I'm really sick of the constant cycle of the king and that bitch princess being a dick to Naofumi, the other heroes being utter incompetents and people advising Naofumi on working together for the greater good. It's being overdone and I'm tired of it.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Apr 27, 2019 3:01 AM

Nov 2013
genesic123 said:
Yourmom53 said:

What predictable?Even now you see that the heros have a consicence, and there are underlying politics behind the heros.

Do thay have giant chickens and dinosaurs slugging it out?How many isekai really try to be an adventure?

There arent any notable isekai that have politics done right like this.That is a big unique thing.

That's not entirely true. Politics are playing a big role in 12 Kingdoms and are portrayed better than in Shield Hero. It's also one of the best Isekai, though not many seem to know it.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 27, 2019 8:51 AM

Nov 2014
Tentaman said:
Was it just me, or was the animation from the battles in this episode actually pretty good? I mean, apart from the acceptable CGI, I feel like this is one of the better animated episodes in terms of battle animation. I don’t know, just my opinion.

Also, that battle with the Rex was pretty damn fast, but then again, Fitoria is stupidly powerful to begin with.

I can pretty much say that as a source material reader, this episode trumps the last one. I was pretty darn pissed that they changed the scene with Idol and made it cliched as hell. This episode on the other hand, was adapted much better (atleast to me)

i think after episode 12 the animation is more clean and good or its just me?
Apr 27, 2019 9:34 AM
Jan 2016
genesic123 said:
Yourmom53 said:

Literally every Isekai is an adventure and the politics in this series is crap in fact just watch Here and Now Then and There for a good Isekai story
Apr 27, 2019 4:13 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode to me. Much needed info and it seems the Sword and Bow heroes are finally digging up on the conspiracy. I got to agree with the Queen I feel if things don't get better they can just start over. I'll gladly take the risk with low level heroes. If all countries are supposed to summon a hero it sounds more doable to be able to support them with a party, supplies etc then just one country clearly showing favorites among the four they summon.

Aniteku said:
Funny how people disliking the cliffhangers but is the only thing promice neverland had and was praised

Its what throwing me off also. People also praised it back then with Code Geass. It doesn't matter if the characters were great or all it was clearly there for a surprise/shock value.
Apr 27, 2019 4:47 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
A mysterious girl with wings talking about a certain queen? If I'm not mistaken; she's the same girl that appears in the opening, and by “queen”, I can only predict it has something to do with Raphtalia, both of them are demi-humans, she's probably going to be that one that would unite all other demi-humans or something, not going to lie, it has some premise, let's hope the execution is just as great.
On a second notice, Filo makes a lot more sense than Raphtalia, I should probhably only strart typing these speculations once ghe episode ends.
It looks as thought Naofuli is unconciousely folowing on the same spteps as his ancestor heroes by rasing up a Filolial too.
“KFC farm” ? That probably the darkest thing Naofumi ever said.
That dragon is as horrible as the polygons that make form it.

This is a very interesting episode, I didn't like the animation at the first half, especialy on the part where the Filolial queen was introduced and defeated that dragon, it was jsut, yikes.
However, and this is something Iwondered about before, it seems that these waves of catastrophe are happening all over the world, on probably what makes 4 countries. For each its own hero, very interesting indeed. I hope news of this break out, this corrupt country should be exposed.
Apr 27, 2019 6:08 PM
Jan 2013
Yourmom53 said:
genesic123 said:

Literally every Isekai is an adventure and the politics in this series is crap in fact just watch Here and Now Then and There for a good Isekai story
Yourmom53 said:
genesic123 said:

Bullshit.Sure,they do have them.They are meaningless to even matter.Most of them Just focus on the power fantasy aspect.Unless you think that SAO has NGNL has. Now and then is too obscure and not notable.you dont even backup what you say.We are talking about the iseaki of this era.Watching x anime is not an argument.
genesic123Apr 27, 2019 6:13 PM

Apr 27, 2019 7:08 PM

May 2015
genesic123 said:
Yourmom53 said:

Yourmom53 said:

Bullshit.Sure,they do have them.They are meaningless to even matter.Most of them Just focus on the power fantasy aspect.Unless you think that SAO has NGNL has. Now and then is too obscure and not notable.you dont even backup what you say.We are talking about the iseaki of this era.Watching x anime is not an argument.

I dont even know where to start with this, but I'll give it the old college try. Overlord and Slime have more coherent political aspects than this dumpster fire, at least they have some semblance of reasons and goals as opposed to sheild bro bad and they both might as well be comedies. Now and Then is far from obscure, Isekai of the era? yeah sure I'll give you that, they're all pretty much the same
Apr 27, 2019 10:10 PM
Jan 2016
genesic123 said:
Yourmom53 said:

Yourmom53 said:

Okay one commas are a thing and two the previous poster mentioned Overlord and Slime and I would like to throw in Re Zero, Log Horizon, Drifters, and No Game No Life
Apr 28, 2019 1:18 AM
Mar 2019
Yourmom53 said:
genesic123 said:

Okay one commas are a thing and two the previous poster mentioned Overlord and Slime and I would like to throw in Re Zero, Log Horizon, Drifters, and No Game No Life
yes even the best isekai anime like Re Zero also has a story of politics or government in it, even though I prefer the dramatic things to happen in the world of Isekai
Apr 28, 2019 1:24 AM
Mar 2019
BurningSpirit said:
So Melromarc somehow got this monopoly on the heroes and the waves of other countries are just handled by the Filolial raised by a previous hero.

Oh boy I can't wait for the show to finally shove us a real antagonist or expand the scope beyond the politics of Naofumi and the other 3 heroes within this one kingdom. Let's hope the 2 morons finding the hidden archive drives the story forward somemore. I'm really sick of the constant cycle of the king and that bitch princess being a dick to Naofumi, the other heroes being utter incompetents and people advising Naofumi on working together for the greater good. It's being overdone and I'm tired of it.
I heard from the readers of the novel this event will not arrive at the real antagonist, is it possible to need Season 2 to know it all, I hope the studio will immediately show the real antagonist
Apr 28, 2019 3:44 AM
Mar 2019
everlastinglife said:
I can’t help but think about Chocobos during this episode ๐Ÿ˜‚
The T. Rex was defeated way fast. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Hahah I thought the same too!!
Apr 28, 2019 3:58 AM
Mar 2012
Despite the cg, the dash to the lake & the Trex fight was intense with fun Penkin osts.
Nice they put lots of effort on Queen Fitoria, real pretty & as op as her triple ahoge.
KFC Queen gonna kill yall heroes - what is this Origami Tobiichi?
Apr 28, 2019 8:14 AM

Aug 2015
Um,

“The Four Cardinal Heroes are are meant to be summoned to one country each and help them fight the Waves.”
“Heroes are supposed to work together.”

Is this some strange definition of “together”? If they’re in different countries…

“I know the Shield Hero has always been scorned by human supremacist countries.”
“As much as humans and demi-humans might hate each other, It is unacceptable for heroes to be fighting.”

So the Shield Hero is a demi-human?

“Honestly, I don’t care what happens to humans. I fight because the hero who raised me asked me to.”

So you were raised by a demi-human Shield Hero?
Apr 28, 2019 5:12 PM

Dec 2016
One thing I really like about this series is how much the past heroes that we pretty much know nothing about affected the present our characters are living in, really adds to the world building in a great way
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 29, 2019 1:47 AM
Apr 2016
Tentaman said:

i think after episode 12 the animation is more clean and good or its just me?

eh no go watch again the first episodes it was clearly better. The episode 16 is quite good indeed but the previous one just downgraded in quality compared to the first episodes. I don t see how it is more clean now
Apr 29, 2019 7:17 PM

May 2014
This show is so good?? Wtf
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Apr 29, 2019 10:57 PM

Jul 2014
I don't even care that much anymore at this point cause of the butchery they did in the prev ep but considering I'm still willing to watch this despite the BS writting and changes they're doing means I'd still prefer watching through this than your typical generic random guy that dies and suddenly turns OP MC BS in an isekai show.
The show ain't bad, it could have been better or rather could have been one of the best isekai stories out there if they stayed true to the story and characters but they didn't....
Apr 30, 2019 6:29 AM

Oct 2017
Ah Fitoria is beautiful. Also don't kill heroes, pls kill myne :)

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Apr 30, 2019 8:45 AM

Jun 2017
Sasuga Filolial Loli Queen, Beating that T-rex easily. Hmm... If she does decide to kill all four of them because of their internal problem, that would be really bad even if they can summon another set of heroes. Cause you know, leveling up and all.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
โ€• Lelouch Vi Britannia
Apr 30, 2019 8:54 AM

Oct 2018
I think this episode might've been my least favorite.

Bad animation (More specifically the CG.) I couldn't even watch the fight between the big Filolial and the T-Rex cause it just looked awful.

The dialogue was also very weak. Kind of reminds me of all the jokes about In another world with my smartphone's weak dialogue and presentation.

Over all, I disliked this episode.
ใ€๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ผโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ตโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ซโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹ใ€‘

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Apr 30, 2019 3:52 PM

Aug 2017
THEY'RE BEING ATTACKED BY BAD CGI
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2019 4:03 PM

Apr 2018
T-Rex cgi was awful but the episode was awesome as always, can't wait for the next

Apr 30, 2019 8:25 PM

May 2012
so, when they were running from the heroes+bi*tchy princess (who is not really helpful during the last wave), naofumi without second thought decided to use rage shield. even when their life is not on the line (yet). but here, when they were convinced that this t-rex is super dangerous and definitely their life is on the line, he decided not to use it. so unconsistent. if you are not going to use the rage shield, don't use it. if you are, then just use it every single time you are fighting.
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Apr 30, 2019 10:25 PM

May 2015
Yet another animal loli for the Shield Hero's party, why am I still watching this shit lol
The mountains of Hakone are?
May 1, 2019 6:14 PM
Mar 2017
In this episode we had the pleasure of meeting a new and charming character, Fitoria the queen of all the Filolial, I found her appearance charming and she has that aura of royalty and I love the voice she has.
T rex monster was practically invulnerable to the attacks of Naofumi's group and when he decides to use the wrath shield, a female voice stops him and a giant Philolial appears and defeats T rex easily.
Fitoria appears before Naofumi and takes them to the kingdom of the Filolials to be able to have a talk.

Fitoria wants Firo to be her successor as queen, we also learn the reason for the unusual way in which Firo grows and it is because of the hero of the shield that he created it, which seems to me an interesting detail.
Grumpy Firo is so cute, that pouting face is so adorable.
Fitoria does not like Naofumi's methods, especially that he uses the wrath shield.
I had a lot of fun when they were eating, Firo and Fitoria together look very adorable and I think it would also be impossible for me to be able to eat quietly with all those hungry birds watching.
Fitoria seems unreasonable in wanting the four heroes to collaborate and defend the innocent, it is very difficult to think that Naofumi would come to forgive the other three heroes after all the crap they made him pass for being as stupid as believing in Mal-bitch.
Ren and Itsuki finally make the right decision and go to investigate a church of the three heroes as Naofumi told them, but a creeping Mal-bitch follows them, the look of that slut only means that something bad will happen to the two heroes who finally doubt her.

If Fitoria wants to kill the heroes, I think she should kill Motoyazu alone, he and his stupidity are the only ones responsible for all this shit, since spear hero is the brainless slave of Mal-bitch.
Personally the fight against the t-rex was decent, I do not want to go into details. The introduction of Fitoria made me understand two things, first is the waves of calamity are a world phenomenon and each country or continent can summoned their own heroes and the second thing was that the cooperation between the four heroes is something of priority for Fitoria, but to see that those three idiots work with Naofumi seems impossible, especially with Motoyazu.
May 1, 2019 9:05 PM

Sep 2015
Hatsuyuki said:
I am watching this show almost as disconnected as I watched Index III for the previous 2 seasons. I really don't care about any of these characters because the writing is just that bad. Also what a magnificent CGI spectacle we have witnessed this episode.
The ridiculously high score this show has is downright outrageous and insulting to other anime.

We're on the same ried it seems. I don't really care about the animation, it could be entirely CGI but if it has a good story it will be worth it for me at least. Tate no Yuusha has great animation imo, but I think the same as you about the story, it sucks dick and it doesn't even follows what it says. For example, Naofumi tried to explain what happend but nobody believed him, and now he says he never tried, wtf. Also, if you want to kill all the heroes to spawn new ones, the new ones would be lvl 1 and will be even more shitty.
May 1, 2019 11:54 PM

Mar 2010
cg bird vs dragon!
May 2, 2019 4:49 PM

Oct 2013
That giant Tyrannosaurus-like monster was surely a pain in the arse. He seemed to be overpowered, but when Fitoria appeared on the battlefield I had to change my mind. ;D It was so cool when suddenly giant bird appeared, accompanied with army of Filolials, and started wrecking that T-Rex.

I liked also the moment when they ate together and Naofumi made some more food for Filolials as well. It definitely created bonds with new friends (although talking about KFC farm was not necessary, however it was funny xD ). Whole place, despite being ruins, looked picturesquely. Animation of Fitoria walking on stone fence and talking with Naofumi reminded me of animes telling a fairy tale. I guess that was the purpose of portraying these scenes like that. :-) If yes, then the final result looked great.

I wonder what is Fitoria's true mission. I suppose she had many adventures with the Hero from the past she mentioned, and his thoughts crafted her idea of all heroes cooperating or having to die to give space for another ones. Tertium non datur. I'm wondering what will happen next. However, what I dislike is again putting Naofumi in position of somebody who needs to feel guilty, because all heroes can't get on well. Somebody who is being bullied and despised by almost everyone must feel bad, because he is not capable of accepting being treated as trash by other heroes and discriminated because of his Shield. I mean, why other heroes do not get preaches like that? :|

Tentaman said:
Was it just me, or was the animation from the battles in this episode actually pretty good? I mean, apart from the acceptable CGI, I feel like this is one of the better animated episodes in terms of battle animation. I don’t know, just my opinion.

In my oppinion it was average. During first scenes it looked average, later T-Rex looked fine, but only fine. This CGI was not bad, but was not very good either. The whole battle was well directed, dynamic and full of well-executed effects. Too bad that T-Rex stood out in terms of quality. Its model was good, but animation was sloppy and you could easily say he does not belong essentially to the artstyle used previously, lol. Or maybe I am grumpy? ;p

By the way, did I understand it correctly? Each big kingdom in Shield Hero's universe has its own dedicated hero? Then why Melromarc can have all 4 of them? It leaves other countries without their dedicated protection, lol. I hope it will be explained in further episodes.

Last but not least, I dunno why so many people mistaken Keel for a girl. Sure, at first he looked like a girl, but later you could clearly say he was a boy. :P
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
May 3, 2019 3:23 AM
Dec 2018
I loved the first half, since then it has seriously gone downhill. Seems like a bunch of underage girls are writing a "cute" oriented script. The Audience was attracted to us against the world story,but the introduction of a fat talking bird that can somehow do bird kung-fu,you make me laugh. Apart from that,the king's childish daughter joins the party, congratulations it's a proper harem.

There's no longing interest anymore. Stagnation of ideas. Dull, extremely dull.
May 7, 2019 11:00 AM
Apr 2016
Damn, so the King hid it from every hero, not unexpected that he'd hide something like that though. That ending had a pretty uhm decent plot twist, I guess...
May 9, 2019 7:08 PM
Jan 2019
1. Dragon Emperor ?. I wonder if there will be a king of dragons.
2. WOW! The queen of the Filolial, Fitoria, is super strong. He gave shocking revelations to Naofumi that there are other waves in other realms and that each kingdom invoked a hero. It is obvious that the shield hero was invoked by the kingdom of the Semi-humans.
I am more than sure that the one who raised Fitoria was a hero of the shield.
Wait! Kill the heroes? Are you kidding ?! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
3. I am very curious about what the hero of the sword and the hero of the bow will find in that library.
4. Are you telling me that Philo will be queen?
This episode was full of surprises.
May 11, 2019 12:05 PM

Jul 2008
Well Queen you think Naofumi wants to fight the other heroes? I think you need to go convince THEM!
May 27, 2019 10:06 PM

Jul 2013
Everyone's asking Naofumi to make up with the others lol why not ask them? Also of course the queen is a loli of course. Would it hurt to have a milf for a change? Goddammit.
Jun 6, 2019 3:38 AM

Dec 2013

Fitolia is really cute as well as her carriage! She's really strong too. I'm against of Naofumi reconciling with the other 3 heroes because they are all asshile but let's see what will happen

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Jun 11, 2019 11:50 PM

Jul 2016
Big chicken vs. T-Rex... that sure was a bizarre confrontation.

Fitoria seems to be an intriguing character but I don't really understand her logic of killing the heroes who are supposed to protect the world. Sure, they can summon new ones but with the waves approaching, it would be really dumb to start from scratch with four new Lv. 1 heroes.

Anyways, it was an average episode overall. Not really that interesting if I'm honest.

I wonder when the Queen will show up...
Jun 23, 2019 5:30 PM
Apr 2018
Why should the heroes get along? Just sent them to different kingdoms and done. Although, they get transported immediately when a wave appears. Is it the one they are the closer to? Hopefully they'll explain it.
Jul 18, 2019 11:36 AM

Sep 2012
PrimeX said:
Everyone's asking Naofumi to make up with the others lol why not ask them? Also of course the queen is a loli of course. Would it hurt to have a milf for a change? Goddammit.

what can u do jap is obsessed with lollis ๐Ÿ˜‚

Jul 18, 2019 12:30 PM

Sep 2012
foolish bird queen if u kill shield hero u will stay as wueen cause filo will die first before she lets u kill him
Aug 10, 2019 7:49 PM

Jul 2013
So that giant T-Rex was after Filo the whole time. I'm not sure what that violet glimmer means on Filos belly but at least they were able to lure that T-Rex outside of the town.

The T-Rex was way to strong. Not a single attack was working and right before Naofumi wanted to use his wrath shield a voice was to hear. The appearance of the queen of the Filorias was definitely spectecular. She's so big and so strong. With a single attack she was able to kill the T-Rex. I wonder about that crystal she took. Also the fact she was warning Naofumi not to use his wrath shield or absorbing the material of the T-Rex made me skeptical.

The conversation Naofumi had with Fitoria was interesting. So she also got raised by an hero. I can't believe there are waves all over the world. But who could have known that? Naofumi knows absolute nothing outside of Melonmark.

So Itsuki and Ren pursue investigations of the church of Melonmark. Should be interesting to see what they will find.

Fitoria doesn't seem to understand that it isn't Naofumis false. I mean how can you get along with people who hunt you or want to kill you? But now shit just got real. Does Fitoria really want to kill the heros? Oh boy. I'm curious to see how this will turn out.

Sep 4, 2019 12:47 PM

Aug 2018
Fitoria showed up aka Another Loli character, this episode was boring, but okay, I wonder what happened to 1st Shied Hero.
Oct 18, 2019 7:46 PM

Mar 2015
Another new loli appears!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 24, 2020 11:36 AM
Mar 2016
OG_Gattsu said:
So the 4 heroes are supposed to be help defeat the waves all across the world, huh? Then why does the show keep emphasising on working together if they’ll be in different countries? The heroes couldn’t even defeat one boss together because their attacks are garbage.

Not to mention, why hasn’t the Queen or any other countries leaders from these kingdoms contacted the heroes to ask for help? These leaders must be incompetent morons like everyone else in the world.

The Queen is terrible at ruling because she could have relayed the message to Shield Hero through the ninjas she sent.

I agree. Even given the fact that it's a game with the expected "chosen hero" shenanigans, it's gotten completely absurd. I really liked it up to the last episode when they redefined and essentially annulled Raphtalia's character too.

If each country should get one hero, and each country has its own Waves... how would they realistically work together, and why has no one mentioned this yet? I'm sure they'll be some contrived reason for the queen doing nothing this whole time, but at this point she is literally letting her political opponents change everything. Who does that?

Also even if they did work together, how exactly would they have done any better against the second boss? Don't their weapons cancel each other out? Why is the rage form so underwhelming?

Throw the other heroes into the mix and things make even less sense. It was obvious that Glass was another hero from her gem and absurd power, which means that each country probably has 4. She was by herself, so do they not work together either?

And Queen Chocobo here is threatening to kill them if they don't reconcile? Assuming 4 new heroes spawned immediately, how would they even be strong enough by the 4th wave to not die immediately?

I was so looking forward to them going to Siltvelt or ShieldFreeden (laziest country name ever) too.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2019

402 by MaauFe »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

546 by ridly »»
May 6, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

243 by ridly »»
May 6, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 7:56 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.