Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2019 11:54 AM
Apr 2016
xShinigami3125 said:
kuro_hachi said:
Wow even after the fight animation can be as good as this, there are still many "fAnS" who complain. Wow OPM fans, your dedication to hate something surprised me. *clap* *clap*

What about this fight was so good ?
During the pivotal turning point of the fight, everything was just covered in shiny blue rays.
change your display maybe? i looked good on my oled
Apr 23, 2019 11:56 AM

Apr 2014
https://mobile.twitter.com/jumpaoki

This guy jumpaoki animated garou vs tanktopmaster the best scene of this season so far.

Pls support him he is probably the best animator on board this season.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 23, 2019 11:58 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Aoki already confirmed that he only did a little bit of
for the next episode, so I don't expect much from that fight. But fingers crossed for him doing a good portion of
That's definitely my favorite Garou fight from the manga, even if it's short.
Apr 23, 2019 12:00 PM

Apr 2018
Ones again a good episode with solid animation. I feel like every single thing thats not as perfect as season 1 gets a huge amount of hate with no reason at all. People should stop comparing Season 1 and 2 cause Season 1 was a Masterpiece that even Madhouse wouldnt be able to replicate.

Apr 23, 2019 12:00 PM

Dec 2018
It still fucking ugly ,brown shit like colors, way to bright lighter colors, and the character looks like a unholy creation that never should have seen the light of day

Faces look extremely weird deformed too big lips,face expressions and other fucking problems. And stiff lagging movements in a whole ,its fucking laughable

It is inexcusable for a action to have this extreme low quality of animation. Its blurry and its twitching like it having a fucking seizure,,,great,,,,,,For its own good, be fucking merciful and put the stupid thing out of its own goddamn misery

I do enjoy Garou. He is not a over the top villain, he can have a more human and balanced side, like when he speaks with the kid . And huge plus for him to step right in and hit the fucking pig who messes with the girls ,,,,,right in the face ,,,YES!!!,,, i really rotting for that guy after that .I do hope he kills them all!!

I Never thought i would give this stupid banana eating asshole anime points up, but only for Garou fast intervention i give it 3/10 and that is goddamn nice of me

Yuri-CrusaderApr 24, 2019 3:40 AM
Apr 23, 2019 12:02 PM

Feb 2016
Well things are finally starting to look better. Tank top vs Garo looked fine. And finally a Saitama gag that is ACTUALLY funny, I lost it with his banana gifts xD.

Seems like Garo meet a wall by the end of this episode and yikes, Genos is such a stalker lmao
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 23, 2019 12:04 PM

Jul 2016
Bruh i was sweating the whole episode!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even KNOW they would meet already WDUAYFEFY
Apr 23, 2019 12:06 PM

Jan 2009
@AcceleratorAngel
@GoldenDevilGamer

Yonkou mention this Aoki animator a week ago and damn is he the only talented sakuga animator this season have? lol

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1118340330477109248

degApr 23, 2019 12:13 PM

Sep 2018
The anime still looks comparable to Ones art in the Webcomic

Mumen Rider was MVP to be honest
-Mullerio-Apr 23, 2019 1:06 PM

Mar 2016
This is a good episode. It sets up the hype, and the humor also delivered.
Saitama as Charanko, that'll be interesting. Also this tournament arc gives me some HunterxHunter vibes.
Apr 23, 2019 12:07 PM
Nov 2015
It's moving fast! I hope it gets to Garou's fight.
Apr 23, 2019 12:08 PM

Oct 2018
Seriously, you guys just can't enjoy an anime

You're too busy looking for mistakes in the animation each second...
Apr 23, 2019 12:10 PM

Aug 2018
People are over exagerating how bad it is anyway, you put aside that the show is a little ugly and that music is much worse it's hell of funny even more than season 1 per moments.

Let's remember there is the tag "comedy" next to action.

"Here's a banana for you"
Apr 23, 2019 12:11 PM
Sep 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Seriously, you guys just can't enjoy an anime

You're too busy looking for mistakes in the animation each second...
I'm really not, I can't help but notice the mistakes. I wish I could just enjoy it but, I can't turn off my brain.
Apr 23, 2019 12:12 PM
Sep 2015
How can anyone hate this season when a hot guy like Garo is giving such a good fanservice, like kiss on the cheek of the old fat man, even though he regret it later...
Apr 23, 2019 12:12 PM

Dec 2016
Best episode so far.

Thank God we didn't get any slideshows with captions/soundeffects/lights for fight scenes. They really tried to animate the fight scene and it turned out to be OK.
As usual genos is massacred in every apisode. The fight scenes and animations are improving in every episode but genos looks worse in every episode :(

I know Saitama is known for his blank cue ball face, but they are taking it for granted and cheaping out on main character designs, that's a strict no no for me. JC staff made a great job with those thicc fubuki scenes. Even all the garo scenes are drawn good, we need that for Saitama and genos.

The last scene made my day, will chop my lights off and go to sleep happily.

Apr 23, 2019 12:16 PM

Jan 2009
phantomfandom said:
How can anyone hate this season when a hot guy like Garo is giving such a good fanservice, like kiss on the cheek of the old fat man, even though he regret it later...

Garo is hot? no homo but Flashy Flash and even Suiryu are the only sexy guys on this series so far
Apr 23, 2019 12:22 PM

Sep 2014
While I still enjoy the show Im getting more and more worried the animation will tank soon, or they work someone to death again. My bet is still ep5.

Saitama obliterating Monster dude was expected, but nice anyway. I hope they dont waste too much time on characters I dont care about. Seeing Mumen Rider was nice though.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 23, 2019 12:24 PM
Mar 2019
Is it just me who don’t give a damn about the animation ?

If yall hate it that much then you have the option to not watch it. BAKA.

Enjoyable episode though.
Apr 23, 2019 12:25 PM

Jan 2009
Comander-07 said:
While I still enjoy the show Im getting more and more worried the animation will tank soon, or they work someone to death again. My bet is still ep5.

ye around episode 5 and later will be the real worry

and so far only 1 sakuga animator is mentioned on this 3 episodes that aired lol i hope he is ok
Apr 23, 2019 12:25 PM

Sep 2014
What are people talking about? This episode was pretty good. The best one so far
Apr 23, 2019 12:26 PM
Sep 2015
deg said:
phantomfandom said:

Garo is hot? no homo but Flashy Flash and even Suiryu are the only sexy guys on this series so far

I'm exclusively anime watcher so I'm not familiar with characters that don't appear yet. My basic search show that both characters you suggest are handsome but I'm likely to be favor Suiryu more because I like hotblood type. My taste mostly aligned with Puri Puri Prisoner's taste ;)
Apr 23, 2019 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
Ten said:
Oh no, all those heroes are getting beaten up... come on, I don't care.
More Saitama, please. Really boring episode until the very last minutes, Saitama's shopping like a boss. Martial Arts thing sounds interesting, at least we'd get to see more fun fights (I hope).

Honestly, if you thought this was boring then you probably won't enjoy the rest of this season.
Apr 23, 2019 12:30 PM

Sep 2014
deg said:
Comander-07 said:

ye around episode 5 and later will be the real worry

and so far only 1 sakuga animator is mentioned on this 3 episodes that aired lol i hope he is ok
seems like my fear they are working someone to death again is real
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 23, 2019 12:31 PM

Aug 2018
I see even this huge improvement in quality isn't enough to silence the crybabies and their ~amazing taste~
Apr 23, 2019 12:32 PM

Jan 2009
phantomfandom said:
deg said:

I'm exclusively anime watcher so I'm not familiar with characters that don't appear yet. My basic search show that both characters you suggest are handsome but I'm likely to be favor Suiryu more because I like hotblood type. My taste mostly aligned with Puri Puri Prisoner's taste ;)

ah ok, those 2 are drawn so feminine especially Flashy Flash in the manga, and Flashy Flash already showed up in season 1 and Suiryu is in the OP of this season
Apr 23, 2019 12:34 PM

May 2017
I'm pretty happy that despite the animation I can still enjoy this, unlike a lot of people it seems. The comedy is still pretty good, got a nice laugh out of that ending scene with Saitama and Garou.

While the animation is, yes, still pretty horrid, I believe it is improving with the fight scenes little by little. I could rant on and on about how it doesn't live up to season one's high standards like everyone else, but considering there's nothing we can do about it I'm just glad the story is still keeping me interested (I'm definitely reading the manga at some point though).

The only thing that continues to irk me is Genos' design, I have no clue what they were thinking, making his body look so damn off.
Apr 23, 2019 12:42 PM
Dec 2015
Jeez Louis, even when JC Staff put in what is perhaps their best effort in years, people still find a "reason" to complain because it's not Madhouse. Look I get it, the quality of S1 was on a different level, but you can't deny that the animation in this episode finally gave us some of the stuff we liked from Madhouse. Learn to give things a chance as I did even with the release of the last two episodes.
Apr 23, 2019 12:43 PM

Mar 2016
I am just like Saitama when someone joins in on a conversation I am having.

Saitama wants to know if he can fight against Garou. In the process, he has no idea he's already won against him. Haha. And the ed just played without warning.

Fubuki has joined the Saitama party. Lmao.

The old man saying 'onii-chan' sounds so weird. It's probably because of all the loli characters.
Apr 23, 2019 12:43 PM
Dec 2015
eglepe said:
I see even this huge improvement in quality isn't enough to silence the crybabies and their ~amazing taste~

Yeah, I know what you mean. They'll still find a reason to complain because it ain't Madhouse.
Apr 23, 2019 12:44 PM

Sep 2014
Damn,this ending makes me wonder what will happen when Garo will wake up.
Apr 23, 2019 12:45 PM
Apr 2019
Ali_Khan243 said:
eglepe said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. They'll still find a reason to complain because it ain't Madhouse.

It's genuinely getting annoying now. This episode had some great moments and loads of people still won't shut up.
Apr 23, 2019 12:46 PM
Jan 2018
Ali_Khan243 said:
eglepe said:

Do people think madhouse are saints . They arent they overwork there employees like many other studio's
Apr 23, 2019 12:46 PM
Apr 2016
The fight between Garou and Tank-Top guy was awesome, the animation was really good! Saitama one punching Garou was awesome hahahahaha.
Apr 23, 2019 12:49 PM

Aug 2016
Nice episode, it's improving.
It's the same joke as always, but Saitama one shotting Garou still made me laugh.
Also for those on the hate train, if you don't like the show, then feel free to follow the three episode rule & bugger off.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Apr 23, 2019 12:52 PM

Jun 2015
The animation itself isn't bad I think it's even wasted when its so poorly directed.
Apr 23, 2019 12:55 PM

May 2015
EpsilonX said:
Ten said:
Oh no, all those heroes are getting beaten up... come on, I don't care.
More Saitama, please. Really boring episode until the very last minutes, Saitama's shopping like a boss. Martial Arts thing sounds interesting, at least we'd get to see more fun fights (I hope).

Honestly, if you thought this was boring then you probably won't enjoy the rest of this season.

Yeah, it could be the case but I still hope there'll be some interesting parts in the season too. I enjoyed the scene with Saitama and Garo, so if there'll be something similar later on, it'd be good. I'm just not a fan of random fights with disposable characters. I'd like to see more interactions between the characters we already know. Let's just say, this episode looks like a simple build-up and not very much promising at that. If it wasn't a sequel I probably wouldn't be interested in watching whatever they are building it up to. We all know Saitama will beat the shit out of Garo anyway, which could add to the boredom for the current episode and to anticipation for the next ones at the same time.
Apr 23, 2019 12:56 PM

Mar 2017
Am i the only one who thinks Garou is so fucking cool after this episode? That moment where him and Saitama met... i'm living for that shit haha I can't wait for them to properly go at each other!

Apr 23, 2019 12:58 PM

Apr 2018
better than I expected..

Apr 23, 2019 12:58 PM
Feb 2009
episode went by too fast gotta wait for next week again
Apr 23, 2019 1:00 PM

Jan 2009
kater_tot said:
Am i the only one who thinks Garou is so fucking cool after this episode? That moment where him and Saitama met... i'm living for that shit haha I can't wait for them to properly go at each other!

you will have to wait for as early as season 3 for a proper Garo and Saitama fight

i recommend you read the manga already and even the webcomic where the proper Garo and Saitama fight already happen
Apr 23, 2019 1:01 PM

Aug 2018
Ali_Khan243 said:
eglepe said:

And somehow they manage to ignore the string of garbage productions Madhouse has been putting out lately. I still have PTSD from the Overlord s3 CGI
Apr 23, 2019 1:08 PM

May 2018
The episode was way better than the last two, in all of the point. If the show decides to keep this kind of pace, I would be pretty happy to continue watching this. The animation and directing team seems to be finally working together in this and even if there are still a lot of flaws in the animation, the construction of this episode makes it bearable. This episode was a pleasant surprise.

Now I hope to be still surprised with the next one.
A Signature Is Supposed To Be Here.
Apr 23, 2019 1:09 PM
Apr 2016
Can somebody explain to me why there is such an uproar about the animation? Why would anyone care or want top-tier animation from a comedy series? As long as you can see the moves it alright. It’s not HxH where the fights are actually important aspect of the genre.
Apr 23, 2019 1:10 PM

Jan 2017
It's better.

Funnily enough, when the show starts actually showing the impacts during fight scenes they get a lot better. Who'dathunkit. But honestly, Garou's spin counter against Tank Top Master, up to the end of their fight, was animation I'd have expected from Season 1 - and I have no higher praise. Parts of Garou vs. Golden Ball were decent as well.

But the pacing. Oh, the pacing. It felt like we were watching on fast-forward - not the action, but the cuts between scenes. Nothing is given time to breathe, to sink in. It's worst in this episode when Garou confronts Mumen Rider - and then immediately the Tank Top Brigade show up and apparently we're all about them now? Mumen just gets forgotten. Again, there's signs of improvement here and there - Saitama taking out Garou was great, because it was given a bit more time and a bit more focus.

Honestly, the creative team is helped out massively by Murata's storyboards.

Oh, and to everyone whining about people pointing out the glaring flaws in a glaringly flawed production: get in the sea. Picking apart what's wrong helps you appreciate what's right - when it's right. Because we're looking at and thinking about things like the direction, the sound design, the fight choreography, and yes, the animation, we can identify and appreciate when these things are done well. It improves enjoyment, it doesn't detract from it.

If you don't see the flaws - I'm genuinely happy for you! We do. And we'll continue to point them out because this season deserves better. It could have been so much more, and we only get glimpses of what could have been by looking at it critically.
Apr 23, 2019 1:24 PM
Apr 2019
DestroEclipse said:
Expected more from S2 but so far its all going down the hill

This 3rd ep was easily the best of season 2 so far and next ep things are going to start blowing up. If anything it's uphill (in a good way)

Mod Edit: Removed baiting
NoLiferSoulApr 23, 2019 1:34 PM
Apr 23, 2019 1:31 PM
Apr 2016
I am extremely interested in the Garou development, so far he was just as great as everything else before. A human who is not invincible, but is smart and strong enough to counter the lax hero society. Something something parallels with Stain from y'know what. Everything is evolving little by little to pit Garou against Saitama, but first Garou will definitely do a round on the Hero Association and on himself as well.
Re:formed
Apr 23, 2019 1:33 PM

Jul 2009
LMFAO that ending was so ironic I’m dying xD

Apr 23, 2019 1:33 PM
Mar 2018
The animation still needs a lot of work to be done. It was only the story that was taking the episode on!
Apr 23, 2019 1:34 PM

Oct 2017
Really nice episode. The ending part thoooo. I cracked so hard!!! Also he should get a better wig. xD

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FarCritical »»
Today, 12:07 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by Gooliver »»
May 5, 2:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

201 by tensemoment »»
May 5, 10:50 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.