Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2019 1:57 AM

Jan 2017
My worries have been slightly relieved; the animation of this episode was quite the improvement over the previous few—and I think the reviews are a reflection of that.

The post-credits scene was hilarious. I can't wait to see the Martial Arts Tournament next week!
Apr 24, 2019 1:58 AM
Dec 2010
In all the years I've watched and discussed anime, this is by far the most embarrassing community reaction to a series I have ever seen. What I'm referring to, of course, is this whole animation thing.

I've come to accept/expect that there will be people that will always lose their minds about how the adaptation is in regards to the manga. In that sense people have been way more up in arms about other shows. People do the same with traditional books into movies. I get it; fans are passionate about the source material.

But the animation thing? It's so damn annoying that I can't even take most of these comments seriously. People are acting as though the first season was the pinnacle of animation or something and S2 is just a bunch of stick figures.

The one thing that is undeniably screwed up is Genos. I don't know WTF they've done to his arms but they look very, very strange. Everything else is just so damn blown out of proportion and has tainted every single discussion about this show. For the first time in ages I'm throwing in the towel and won't be reading the episode discussion posts. They're all the same hyperbolic nonsense.
Apr 24, 2019 1:59 AM

Feb 2014
I'm happy to see the animation quality has made a very noticeable improvement over the first two episodes. Garo's fight against Tank-Top Master didn't have the best sound quality, but it had plenty of detailed facial expressions and fluid animation that was really satisfying.

I'm just hoping that the production team can now maintain this quality as much as they can. It's asking a lot, but in order to quite down some of the overreacting critics, it's really needed. =)

The only main criticism I have is the colour palette, which in some scenes, can be iffy, but it's mostly okay in most scenes. Genos' design stills needs some improving, though.

What this episode also did well is with the comedy, with Saitama giving out Banana's to Mumen Rider, Tank-Top Master and Charanko where they can't reach for it. Then when Saitama encountered Garo and got chopped suddenly, he gave one back to Garo and knocked him out in one hit. XD

Saitama with that wig just looks hilarious, but I'm looking forward to seeing the other contestants of this martial-arts tournament that he'll be going up against, though. =)
Apr 24, 2019 2:10 AM

Jan 2016
Garo seems to be pretty op, but you don't mess with Saitama.
Apr 24, 2019 2:16 AM
Feb 2019
Nycro said:
The animation itself isn't bad I think it's even wasted when its so poorly directed.

I highly agree, that, genos's cgi and the awful filter they used are my major issuses with the season, but putting that aside id say its been pretty decent so far
♬ Tell me why Tell why Tell me what u want♬
Apr 24, 2019 3:22 AM
Apr 2017
omg I laught so hard that i shed tears at THAT moment "eh ? who're you ? you try to stole me ?!"
Apr 24, 2019 3:40 AM

Jan 2018
I just hope we get to see Tatsumaki any time soon.
Apr 24, 2019 3:51 AM

May 2017
yo this episode was good as fuck. production stepped up big time! the pacing feels fast as hell but I don't really mind. Garo vs Tank top was sick and the ending where Saitama met Garo was great too.

Really hoping that the quality remains this level.
Apr 24, 2019 3:57 AM

May 2012
Thats was very good episode. Better in my opinion than early episodes of season 1

I will say it again, I don't care that much about animation. Why people who complain about animation in every thread still watching it !! Just drop it if the only thing you care is animation.
thepathApr 24, 2019 6:21 AM
Apr 24, 2019 4:23 AM

Mar 2019
Finally there are more faces of Saitama from season 1.Like that.Still the scene between Saitama and Garou was so hilarious!Nice episode.They are doing better.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 24, 2019 4:25 AM

Mar 2019
The outro doesn't fit the anime tbh.Ok they kept the hype with the intro at least,but the outro doesn't fit this kind of action anime.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 24, 2019 4:36 AM
Apr 2019
The EP 3 of opm2 was the best so far, Garou vs Regatta was pretty decent despite the strange pace,the show seems a little accelerated, the problem now comes in the fourth and forth that had not yet been set.
Apr 24, 2019 5:02 AM

Mar 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
kater_tot said:

Wait... WHAT?! They aren't gonna fight this season?!
Even in the remake manga (the source for this adaptation), they still haven't fought yet.

omfg that sucks! I neeeed to see them fight each other for reals!
Apr 24, 2019 5:11 AM
Jun 2015
Carlho said:
stop criticizing nonsense, like the appearance of Genos.
The animation improved immensely and gives hope that the following fights will be good, never like Madhouse, but better than the average animation of Pierrot, TOEI, Madhouse Overlord
lol Black clovers recent episode tho.
Apr 24, 2019 5:14 AM
Jun 2015
Alex_TheForest said:
The outro doesn't fit the anime tbh.Ok they kept the hype with the intro at least,but the outro doesn't fit this kind of action anime.
Does it really matter? It's just an ending that most people skip over
Apr 24, 2019 5:19 AM
Jun 2015
Tomboy! Wtf kind of attack name is that? 😂😂😂😂
Apr 24, 2019 5:47 AM
May 2017
I really enjoy this episode more than the previous 2 episodes.
Then again, the episode was decent, it doesn't have to be like S1 for god sake.
Apr 24, 2019 5:58 AM
May 2016
Grizzziff said:
HEY, just like the OP I want to be popular, so I am going to say this super popular show isnt as good as the first season (even though its better), cause Im super hipster cool wala wala, you know. Like why do folks like have to change things. The classicness of classic one punch man classic animation, was just the best thing in the classic world ever. So this continuation being not the first classic season of classic one punch man classic animation, (even though its better) is like total poop. So i am gonna love this show, but say I hate it, cause I want you to love me as much as I love this show, just like the OP and the rest of the lying haters in the thread. Classic.

This episode was the tits, I am loving this story, and WE KNOW, WE KNOW, there are no threats; but we are still engaged. Amazing stuff. That is truly the excellence of OPM, to be handed a transparent box of pillows, and be convinced its full of cobras, EVEN while we can see the pillows. Good story telling, job well done third week in a row.

Imagine unironically writing this and hitting "submit", thinking literally being contrarian makes you a genius. This board sometimes, lmfao.
Apr 24, 2019 6:05 AM

Oct 2015
tbh, other than the art and animation quality, OPM still has the same vibe. Only Genos' design is inconsistent and off. Yes, animation is nowhere near the the level of season 1 but really, season 1 was already on a level which was close to unrivaled.

I guess we're getting to the tournament arc already? I remember reading a few chapters in the middle of this arc in the manga, and it was pretty good. Am looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 24, 2019 6:15 AM

Aug 2016
Certainly looks better then previous episode, hope they gonna keep up, but I feel like pace is extremly quick. Or manga with it's all extra content compared to webcomics went kinda slow, now they turn how many pages and chapters in one episode? Episode three and next one world is gonna be upside down.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2019 6:45 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was a bit underwhelming, some parts were used just as a mention to obv save some time. Animation is decent, but in some moments took even more hits.
Garou was destroyed =/
Apr 24, 2019 7:01 AM

Dec 2018
Definitely the best episode of this season so far, much better than the second episode IMO. Garou was a total savage in all the fights and I loved it when Saitama KO'd him with a single chop at the end of the episode.
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
Apr 24, 2019 7:10 AM
Oct 2016
That chop though lol
Apr 24, 2019 7:25 AM
Dec 2018
Amazing episode! <3 Finally a great episode like the ones in first season.
Apr 24, 2019 7:43 AM
Apr 2019
thepath said:
Thats was very good episode. Better in my opinion than early episodes of season 1

I will say it again, I don't care that much about animation. Why people who complain about animation in every thread still watching it !! Just drop it if the only thing you care is animation.
literally not, the ep3 of opm 2 was really good but you're already exaggerating
Apr 24, 2019 7:55 AM

Apr 2018
animation wise not good but this episode was funny.
Apr 24, 2019 7:58 AM

Sep 2013
wait people still bitching about the animation after that garou vs TTM? i swear people are simply spitting nonsense they don't even know shit about.
Apr 24, 2019 8:02 AM
Jun 2017
you shouldn't be surprised,it's been that way for a long time
Apr 24, 2019 8:09 AM
Mar 2019
Well, I wasn't so hyped for this season and as such my expectations weren't so high but I like watching one episode per week. After 3 episodes I must say that the animation is worse than in season one (although I don't mind so much tbh) however I like the story much more. If the quality stays the same - with focus on the story - I think it's a good show to kill some time and worth watching. I only want more characters to appear as shown in the opening!
Apr 24, 2019 8:24 AM

May 2018
There are enough reasons to shit on OPM but the episode this time was overall enjoyable with a satisfying plus funny after credit scene.
Apr 24, 2019 8:41 AM
Mar 2012
Nice finally jcstaff did animation, much better than ep1-2. TT master vs Garou had good poses/framing & some weighty punches.
The alley fight was a bit limited but cool enough. That michelin tire hero lol.
Feelsbad for Mumen Rider, as he's like the hero with the biggest heart. Balanced by the hilarious parts from banana to wig scenes.
Apr 24, 2019 8:55 AM

Oct 2011
I have the impression that Garou isn't so overpower as I thought... despite the fact that he defeated everyone, he actually struggle a little with those rank S... seems like a bunch of rank S together would be able to defeat him, XD ... (wonder if he will grown stronger)

anyway, looking foward to that tournament
Apr 24, 2019 9:12 AM

Apr 2015
I found the first season to be pretty meh~ but I am really enjoying this now.
Apr 24, 2019 9:34 AM

Jan 2014
Very good episode.

5/5

Garou is awesome.
Apr 24, 2019 10:57 AM

Nov 2014
Not that great episode, but Garo is more interesting than I thought. I expected him to be annoying OP villain, so seeing him getting hurt and putting some effort during fight is nice.

I hope Saitama gets more attention in future. His scenes are always the best.
Apr 24, 2019 11:21 AM

Jan 2017
This episode is definitely a step up over the last couple. Still not season 1 quality, but definitely enjoyable.
Apr 24, 2019 11:57 AM

Jun 2013
a lot of people seem to forget that not every episode of OPM 1 had high tier animation every minute, hell even 5 minutes, people even then complained about the animation some episodes so im not even mad that retards complain about the animation when its actually decent to good(try being a Gintama fan watching the later seasons, morons)
inb4 "we deserve amazing animation every second!!!111, we must not be content with decent to good animation!!!!111" while having an anime like Gundou Musashi in terms of animation as their favorite smh
Apr 24, 2019 12:34 PM
Oct 2017
I love how completely oblivious Saitama is to literally everything and everyone around him. I'm surprised he even remembers that King is coming over to game with him.
Apr 24, 2019 1:04 PM

Apr 2015
...I can't get used to Genos looking so fugly.

otherwise the episode was okay.
OberonFelsachApr 24, 2019 1:10 PM
Apr 24, 2019 2:27 PM

Jul 2014
for a moment i was ahh mumen rider D: noo. I thought he was a goner, man that was pretty brutal. It brought back the chillin scary scene of negan for me ugh. >_<

coming soon
Apr 24, 2019 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty nice, also Garou's theme is awesome
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 24, 2019 2:46 PM

Oct 2013
I have a question. Can anyone who read the manga tell me when more or less Puri Puri Prisoner is expected to appear in this Season? :) Like in which episode (based on the current pacing compared to manga's chapters).
Apr 24, 2019 3:23 PM

Sep 2016
Kinda dissapointed a new studio has taken the charge on this one. I prefered when saitama's head was actually in somewhat decent round shape and not taller.. Somewhat dissapointed in the new season, im not sure why.. Maybe different animations.. Couldnt tell much difference first episode but.. Now im kinda bummed about this new beginning.

Had high hopes for it to.
Somehow not depressed.
Apr 24, 2019 3:30 PM

Dec 2015
RIP, Tank Top crew. I didn't know there were so many of them lmao.

It's amazing how this show still manages to be entertaining af even with such average animation. I like it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 24, 2019 3:37 PM
Oct 2012
that ending was funny as fuck XD
Apr 24, 2019 4:56 PM

Aug 2014
honestly my only issue with this series is that they spend way too much time on side characters..
Apr 24, 2019 5:36 PM

Jun 2012
Everything negative from the last 2 episodes still stands in this ep, exception being tank-top entourage vs Garo fight, which had the better animation till now. Garo vs Golden and Stache was meh...
At least Garo design is exactly like in the manga unlike Genos lol
As I thought they decided to give Garo blue rays for the hands movement, what stupid decision, especially when we already seen in season 1 that Silverfang doesn't have that when using his martial arts... and in this season to make it worse they will still add to Silverfang hands green rays, I bet.
Overall I liked this episode, I couldn't dislike it when the Garo x Saitama 1º meeting was well adapted.
Apr 24, 2019 6:22 PM

Jun 2015
Just here for the "bad animation, JC staff is a bad studio." comments.
Apr 24, 2019 6:35 PM
Apr 2019
Holymonark97 said:
Just here for the "bad animation, JC staff is a bad studio." comments.
a studio that is jammed with works and delivery at the best medium level, yes it is not a good studio.
Apr 24, 2019 8:17 PM

Oct 2015
Well that was a fast episode! But I enjoyed it nonetheless. Can't wait to see Saitama in a martial arts tournament.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FarCritical »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by Gooliver »»
May 5, 2:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

201 by tensemoment »»
May 5, 10:50 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.