Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2019 6:00 PM

Jul 2016
sprite-1 said:
Jeez the pacing is really so fast. They don't allow scenes to breathe at all. It's just one scene after the other in in a barrage....

The first season was the same.

It is a comedy anime that relies on basic plots. They need to keep t fast or it will get boring real quick.
Apr 23, 2019 6:07 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was the tits, I am loving this story, and WE KNOW, WE KNOW, there are no threats; but we are still engaged. Amazing stuff. That is truly the excellence of OPM, to be handed a transparent box of pillows, and be convinced its full of cobras, EVEN while we can see the pillows. Good story telling, job well done third week in a row.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting
NoLiferSoulApr 25, 2019 5:39 AM
Apr 23, 2019 6:10 PM

Jan 2013
What saves this anime is the plot, comedy & obviously Saitama xD

I love how they show how powerful Garo is for the whole episode, and the Saitama mistakenly finds him and beats the crap out of him in seconds hahaha gotta love this anime xD What an end!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 23, 2019 6:12 PM
Jun 2009
I pretty much enjoyed this episode. The final scene is hilarious. Lets deal with the elephant in the room. Indeed that egg-shaped head can be annoying, but I find it funny. Better laugh it out rhen be angry with it.
For now Season 1 is still better, but Season 2 does not deserve hate.
Apr 23, 2019 6:19 PM

May 2016
the pacing is a bit rough but the animation and art quality is noticeably better than in previous episodes. If they just used less blur it'd please a lot more people. Although it's clear they just didn't try on Genos. People need to stop shitting on this show as if it's worth rating it a 1 or 2 out of 10.

Apr 23, 2019 6:27 PM
Nov 2017
Stark700 said:
Well, Garou is not messing around this episode. What a monster. Definitely a problem for heroes if not dealt with.

It's kinda funny how aggressive he gets when faced off against a strong opponent. That Saitama smack on his head though.

Saitama just fuckin destroyed him like it was nothing 2 him. I also love the face when Saitama was disturbed by Garou. So mad and at the same time, so chill.
Apr 23, 2019 6:36 PM

Oct 2013
Garou is a monster! The way he took all them heroes and wrecked Mumen Rider was brutal. I'm glad they didn't get killed by him (if we assume that everyone made it to the hospital safely). Garou's abilities look cool when they are performed. They seem also very powerful. I am curious how's Garou gonna cope with Saitama.

I'm glad the art improved. We have "increase tendency" instead of getting worse and worse art. The same goes with animation. I was happy to see several fights that looked decent and had better animation than we could see in the previous episodes. It was not bad, don't get me wrong, but it missed some more complexivity, details. Episode 3's animation is not perfect as well, but it showed more detailed and complex frames and I had a feeling that "shaking camera" effect occured in smaller scale compared to the first two episodes.
While I tolerated Genos' hands in the previous episodes, in this one they looked awful. That colour and a lot of ventilation holes just looked awkward and bad.

Also, Saitama's "here, have a banana" destroyed me. xD
Apr 23, 2019 6:55 PM
Jan 2019
They couldn't even take the time to draw mumen rider's bike T_T
Apr 23, 2019 7:02 PM

Dec 2014
Garou vs Tank Top Master was pretty cool and well animated. Definitely the best from this season so far.

Poor Mumen Rider, he doesn't deserve that face planting. :(

Saitama one chopping Garou at the end was hilarious.
Apr 23, 2019 7:08 PM
May 2017
Why everyone still comparing and complaining the quality animation ? they're done by different studio, we know the quality animation is no where as close as the S1,
can we just appreciate we still got S2 and how the joke in anime still got us same as in the manga,
Apr 23, 2019 7:11 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode honestly, I appreciated seeing (probably just a part) Garou's power, this man really is a threat.

I also had a smile at the beginning when King & Saitama were playing video games while Fubuki was casually eating cookies lol

Plus the ending is amazing, Saitama & Garou's very hazardous meeting in the street was hilarious. Hoping these two will meet again soon enough.
Apr 23, 2019 7:12 PM

Jan 2009
bastek66 said:
Supersky said:

what about under 4k? Is that considered a failure or just average to that it isn't a total flop but no extra season?

Disc sales are no longer relevant these days. Last season we had 2 sequels of shows that sold less than 1000 discs for first volumes (Kakegurui and Hand Shakers-W'z)

yep thats true, international streaming license is a big factor this days too when it comes to anime profit and the old source material boost too is another big factor
Apr 23, 2019 7:14 PM

Feb 2008
HueyLion said:
Spiryts said:
So darou is dead, s2 ended sooner than I thought 😉

Animation was better than in previous episodes, but Genos still looks awful.

I dont know who this Darou is, but they sound pretty disappointing.

🤦‍♂️Oh ffs, I meant garou, I have no idea why I wrote it wrong.
Apr 23, 2019 7:19 PM

Feb 2008
Definitely an improvement over previous episodes, gives me hope for the rest of the season.
Apr 23, 2019 7:24 PM

May 2015
You know, honestly, I enjoyed this episode. The pacing still feels too fast, but the fight animation is considerably better than the first two episodes. I doubt it will stay this good though.

Apr 23, 2019 7:29 PM

May 2018
Vindicater said:
The first season was the same.

Sure but not at this blazingly fast pace. They're trying to fit probably 2-cour's worth of events into 1-cour
Apr 23, 2019 7:35 PM

Oct 2017
Garou is beast!

That strike from saitama at the end though!
Apr 23, 2019 8:04 PM

Oct 2018
Petition to stop this Mumen Rider abuse!
Apr 23, 2019 8:09 PM
Dec 2017
Imagine what would happen to this anime without Murata’s manga templates. This anime is literally using panels from the manga lmao
Apr 23, 2019 8:09 PM
Feb 2017
What a step up from the first 2 episodes. I really enjoyed it, that ending though lmao I had to replay it a few times.

xShinigami3125 said:
Lucyxxx said:

Can everyone stop talking about the animation we all know its not as good as Season 1! This episode was great for the story and had some decent animation in there. And when Garou meets Saitama for the first time was funny and amazing!!

It's not about it being worse than s1, it's simply worse than most action anime nowadays. And the few decent bits of aniamtion are often ruined, or hidden by the shity effects, awful shading, and terrible editing. Those things weren't as prevalent in this episode, which is why it was better than episode 2, but that's still far from good.

Tbh the fact that you're giving it a 1 after giving the first season a 9 is one of the problems with this community.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenApr 24, 2019 1:50 AM
Apr 23, 2019 8:13 PM
Mar 2019
Idk why everyone keeps talking trash about the season "going downhill" and "having trash animation". I've read the manga and I still like this season and especially this episode, but i guess the extreme critics gunna continue being pessimists :P
Apr 23, 2019 8:14 PM

Aug 2016
It leaves me the feeling of wanting to continue seeing more as it was the first season, its animation does not exceed the first but it is really passable, I love it.
Apr 23, 2019 8:20 PM

Sep 2017
Lmao that ending with Saitama and Garou. That shit was hilarious. Makes me wonder tho. Can Garou really be so weak that Saitama would flatten him instantly? Well Saitama didn't know it was Garou anyway and left him on the ground, so he'll probably come back with for revenge.
Apr 23, 2019 8:24 PM

Aug 2018
xShinigami3125 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Still looks terrible, and genos looks even worse than in the previous episodes lol.
At least the TTM vs Garou fight was kinda decent, even tho the shiny effects again masked what good animation there was. Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist looked terrible due to that shity blue effect. Sadly that was the pivotal turning point of the God damn main fight, but why not make the entire screen blue lol. Garou vs golden boy was shit tho, and they butchered that banana.
Kinda sucks that they didn't show garou holding mumen properly, that was awesome in the manga. The entire episode had very fast pacing, so they didn't leave any time for any of the moments to properly shine.

We can complain about the animation all we want but lets be honest it would've been much worse if Madhouse animated it. They lost a lot of money and a lot of animators and their recent shows have shown the difference.
Apr 23, 2019 8:39 PM

Jan 2019
Genos in the after-credits was hilarious. Hyped up to see Saitama with hair xD
Apr 23, 2019 8:45 PM

Jul 2016
And here I was thinking Overlord fans were annoying when it comes to anime adaptations...

Well, I have to say that I'm liking Garou so far. He has no depth as a character (yet?) but his cocky attitude makes him really enjoyable to watch... well, except for what he did to Mumen, what a bully :/

Pretty entertaining episode overall. Tanktop Master vs. Garou sure was an impressive fight, I liked how it was handled.
And also, I'm glad to see that despite being so strong, Garou can actually be physically injured by the other heroes. It made the fights feel more "realistic" if I'm honest.

P.S.: Fubuki eating cookies was cute.
Apr 23, 2019 8:48 PM

Oct 2014
People once again nitpicking the flaws on animation during fight scenes.

Its decent, and its getting good. And I think its better than the Overlord CGI.
Apr 23, 2019 8:48 PM
Nov 2015
Best episode so far.

The fights were entertaining enough and the final scene was glorious.

Plot-wise this season has been far superior than the first one so far.
Apr 23, 2019 8:54 PM

Oct 2014
Rimzyy said:
We can complain about the animation all we want but lets be honest it would've been much worse if Madhouse animated it. They lost a lot of money and a lot of animators and their recent shows have shown the difference.

I agree. It seems some of their animators recently changed or something. The anime they released recently have shit simple animation compared to OPM or Overlord S1.

Bones, on the other hand though is on the rise. Ufotable is consistent. Also, lets not go to sleep on MAPPA. They're the real deal.
Apr 23, 2019 9:08 PM

Jun 2015
Wow.. People are becoming super critical when it comes to this series. Really, I feel bad for it. It's like everyone is watching every nitty-gritty of your movement and calling it the worst ever lol. It's like everyone suddenly become an expert in animation and such. Well, that kind of habit is inevitable for watchers so I won't complain about it. Keep doing it boys!! Your salt is my day to day fuel.

Anyway, in this episode we are served with mostly Garou. Bang called his elder brother "Oni-chan" is kinda cute too haha. And that ever concerned Genos towards his master is just like him.

Also, I feel sympathetic toward Mumen Rider. Again! Not worrying about the power difference and butt in to the fight. So, he is basically Saitama before he got his power. I wonder if he will ever get or 'inherit' a true power like Saitama.
YosepRAApr 23, 2019 9:12 PM
Apr 23, 2019 9:22 PM

May 2017
Pretty good animation imo, definitely not Madhouse level but good. The fight between tank top and Garou stood out in this episode, hopefully they keep up with this quality and I'll keep watching : P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2019 9:23 PM
Mar 2019
It's best episode so far, with no awkward fight scenes and still images.
Apr 23, 2019 9:27 PM

Aug 2018
Gazz said:
Rimzyy said:

I agree. It seems some of their animators recently changed or something. The anime they released recently have shit simple animation compared to OPM or Overlord S1.

Bones, on the other hand though is on the rise. Ufotable is consistent. Also, lets not go to sleep on MAPPA. They're the real deal.

I agree. All of those studios are easily the best right now. (Shaft tends to be too erratic for me to count them despite being my favorite studio) Bones has not had a single poorly animated show in like the last 3 or 4 years. Mappa has been making hits recently too. Ufotable has incredible animation just rarely put out content.
Apr 23, 2019 9:41 PM

Jul 2014
The chop scene and the post ending scene were pretty damn funny. When Garou attacked Saitama he made the same facial expression someone makes when they attack a high level player by mistake, I couldn't stop laughing for a while.

They improved animation quite a bit, I hope it keeps getting better or at least keep the same quality this episode has. I just wish Geno's arms stopped looking like charred mechanical parts, and less dark shading, everything looks way too dark most of the time.
Apr 23, 2019 9:55 PM

Oct 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Seriously, you guys just can't enjoy an anime

You're too busy looking for mistakes in the animation each second...

Sorry that we have standards
Apr 23, 2019 9:55 PM

Sep 2012
based on the poll, majority of audience like this episode as well.
as someone who breakthrough that cool and amazing webcomic art, even this decent animation is enough for me to enjoy this series. tho i see that some people already dont care about the story and nitpick every bit of the animation, good luck critizing for the next 9 episodes as well.
Apr 23, 2019 10:06 PM

Apr 2014
Ten said:
EpsilonX said:

Honestly, if you thought this was boring then you probably won't enjoy the rest of this season.

Yeah, it could be the case but I still hope there'll be some interesting parts in the season too. I enjoyed the scene with Saitama and Garo, so if there'll be something similar later on, it'd be good. I'm just not a fan of random fights with disposable characters. I'd like to see more interactions between the characters we already know. Let's just say, this episode looks like a simple build-up and not very much promising at that. If it wasn't a sequel I probably wouldn't be interested in watching whatever they are building it up to. We all know Saitama will beat the shit out of Garo anyway, which could add to the boredom for the current episode and to anticipation for the next ones at the same time.

I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just leave it at this: be prepared for a lot of scenes focusing on the supporting heroes.

Personally, the Garou vs Tank Top and Mumen Rider fight was one of my favorite parts of the manga, so it's a bit weird to hear people call this episode boring. I definitely think the manga had more tension in these scenes though. The anime kind of rushed it a bit.
Apr 23, 2019 10:21 PM
Jan 2016
Good Episode!

So Fubuki entered in Saitama's group, so hilarious!

Damn, Garo is really a monster, defeated everyone so easily, was also nice to see other heroes abilities!

Saitama at the end was so awesome! So badass when Garo's attack had no effect on Saitama!
Apr 23, 2019 10:43 PM

Jun 2013
I kinda liked it a bit i just hope they make the animation looks better
Apr 23, 2019 10:45 PM

May 2016
They're cramming a lot of content into these episodes; I hope the fight contest is at least a two parter.......
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Apr 23, 2019 11:29 PM

Feb 2014
Both art and animation were far better in this episode. Much closer to the first season's. There was actual animation this time around, instead of just sliding frames and quick flashy effects during fight scenes.
Saitama still sounds off, though. It's like the voice actor just doesn't give a shit anymore.
Apr 24, 2019 12:09 AM

Feb 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
xShinigami3125 said:

It's not about it being worse than s1, it's simply worse than most action anime nowadays. And the few decent bits of aniamtion are often ruined, or hidden by the shity effects, awful shading, and terrible editing. Those things weren't as prevalent in this episode, which is why it was better than episode 2, but that's still far from good.

Tbh the fact that you're giving it a 1 after giving the first season a 9 is one of the problems with this community.

How is that hat a problem ?
I showed my rating system on my profile, when a show is just bad, and makes me actively hate it, then I give it a 1/10.

Rimzyy said:
xShinigami3125 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Still looks terrible, and genos looks even worse than in the previous episodes lol.
At least the TTM vs Garou fight was kinda decent, even tho the shiny effects again masked what good animation there was. Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist looked terrible due to that shity blue effect. Sadly that was the pivotal turning point of the God damn main fight, but why not make the entire screen blue lol. Garou vs golden boy was shit tho, and they butchered that banana.
Kinda sucks that they didn't show garou holding mumen properly, that was awesome in the manga. The entire episode had very fast pacing, so they didn't leave any time for any of the moments to properly shine.

So because it could have been even worse means we have to accept shit quality ?
Also it's not just the animation, the edieting, shading, art, and effects are massive problems too.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenApr 24, 2019 1:51 AM
Apr 24, 2019 12:24 AM

May 2015
"Once you're done talking, let's continue our game." King knows what really matters here.

Eww, Mumen Rider got it bad...

Garou may be a "monster", but he's not psychotic based on how he treated the kid.

Banana!

Golden Ball's slingshot has a laser sight...

Saitama gets karate chopped? And Garou gets a karate chop! Can't wait to see more interactions with Saitama and Garou. And the martial arts tournament is going to be a lot of LOL!

"Oh...my gawd! The animation in this episode was like...sooo SLOW! Did you see Garou fight Tank-Top Master? It was like watching turtles racing through molasses! And that still frame shot while Garou beat the other tank tops was just lazy! And did you see Saitama's face when Garou karate chopped him? That art was horrible! I'm going to need ten prescriptions of eye drops just to clean all the filth that I just watched! Eww!!!"
Apr 24, 2019 12:37 AM

Jan 2013
This was a fun episode, the scene where Saitama beated Garo took my by suprise and I really lol'd. Good to finally see some animation instead of a slideshow.
fuyukiApr 24, 2019 12:43 AM
Apr 24, 2019 12:40 AM

Apr 2011
Garo messed with the wrong guy at the end. Got trashed in seconds by Saitama.

Good episode. The animation is good too. And he now joins the martial arts tournament.
Apr 24, 2019 12:52 AM
Apr 2015
Damn, peole still complaining about the animation. I've read the manga and its great, I agree that the animation isn't as great as S1 and the colours are kinda crappy, but if you love it for the show and not the animation, you'll find you will enjoy it alot more. I give this ep 8/10
Apr 24, 2019 1:09 AM

May 2008
This episode was more enjoyable than the last two.

The animation was upped by a bit. I hope they can maintain some semblance of that quality.

Surprised so many people still complaining though. Although it was a bummer that Madhouse wasn't doing this, JC Staff seems to be putting a massive amount of effort in this. Way better than Overlord 3 lul.

"One has to accept that to be human is to be fallible, and then do the best one can and be captured by the music." - Gyorgy Sebok
Apr 24, 2019 1:19 AM

Nov 2017
Oh bad luck garo, you meet wrong hero xD

Apr 24, 2019 1:24 AM

Jan 2013
Finally a good episode.
The animations were good at some points, and it felt like it was directed better.
Apr 24, 2019 1:34 AM
Nov 2016
I thought the animation was going to go downhill after episode 2 but this episode was actually pretty good, it was better than the first 2 episodes. If they can keep this quality then this season should probably deserve an 8, this is nowhere near the quality of season 1 but this is still pretty decent, it was better than what I anticipated. I'm still annoyed about those goddamn still-shots and shaky camera from this episode though, that was the crappiest part of this episode.

Now let's see if the next episode can keep up the quality from this episode.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FarCritical »»
Today, 12:07 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by Gooliver »»
May 5, 2:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

201 by tensemoment »»
May 5, 10:50 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.