Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2019 1:43 PM

Nov 2018
perhaps the past 2 eps budget's are all spent for this ep's garou, tho it's not the best but at least it's getting better
but.. why J.C...
did charanko always that kind of good looking character???
-_________________-
Apr 23, 2019 1:44 PM

Apr 2018
Can somebody explain to me why there is such an uproar about the animation? Why would anyone care or want top-tier animation from a comedy series? As long as you can see the moves it alright. It’s not HxH where the fights are actually important aspect of the genre.

OPM is a action anime

Apr 23, 2019 1:45 PM

Dec 2017
"tank top vegetarian" I always end up laughing whenever I hear that name.

last scene was pretty awesome.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 23, 2019 1:46 PM

May 2016
Garou got one punched haha. and Saitama in a tournament wholesome.
Apr 23, 2019 1:47 PM
Apr 2017
Highlight of the episode: that rocking banana
Apr 23, 2019 1:49 PM

Sep 2017
Why can't people just appreciate that this season exists. Focus on the positiv stuff in the anime and just enjoy it. Don't get hung up on small details like the animation. Even so, the animation is fucking sick if you ask me. I don't care if it's not as good as last season. It works and I support it all the way!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2019 1:51 PM
Feb 2016
will definitely say that the animation this episode was much better than the last two. Not anywhere near S1, but it's fine. Hopefully it can be like this for the rest if the quality doesn't take a huge dip.

3.5/5
Apr 23, 2019 1:52 PM

Jun 2013
Alca said:
Why can't people just appreciate that this season exists. Focus on the positiv stuff in the anime and just enjoy it. Don't get hung up on small details like the animation. Even so, the animation is fucking sick if you ask me. I don't care if it's not as good as last season. It works and I support it all the way!

true, if JC Staff got the production time Madhouse had I bet this season would have been even better in terms of animation
this season feels so different from the first.. it feels more atmospheric and OST once again is so fucking good
Apr 23, 2019 1:57 PM

Feb 2019
Remember people that the first episodes are always the best animated and then it decays, and considering the rumors of the problems of production it is possible that it begins to decay from the fourth, which will be a bigger disappointment considering that this episode came out very well.
Apr 23, 2019 1:58 PM

Aug 2018
Maurice_5 said:
It's better.

Funnily enough, when the show starts actually showing the impacts during fight scenes they get a lot better. Who'dathunkit. But honestly, Garou's spin counter against Tank Top Master, up to the end of their fight, was animation I'd have expected from Season 1 - and I have no higher praise. Parts of Garou vs. Golden Ball were decent as well.

But the pacing. Oh, the pacing. It felt like we were watching on fast-forward - not the action, but the cuts between scenes. Nothing is given time to breathe, to sink in. It's worst in this episode when Garou confronts Mumen Rider - and then immediately the Tank Top Brigade show up and apparently we're all about them now? Mumen just gets forgotten. Again, there's signs of improvement here and there - Saitama taking out Garou was great, because it was given a bit more time and a bit more focus.

Honestly, the creative team is helped out massively by Murata's storyboards.

Oh, and to everyone whining about people pointing out the glaring flaws in a glaringly flawed production: get in the sea. Picking apart what's wrong helps you appreciate what's right - when it's right. Because we're looking at and thinking about things like the direction, the sound design, the fight choreography, and yes, the animation, we can identify and appreciate when these things are done well. It improves enjoyment, it doesn't detract from it.

If you don't see the flaws - I'm genuinely happy for you! We do. And we'll continue to point them out because this season deserves better. It could have been so much more, and we only get glimpses of what could have been by looking at it critically.
We see the flaws dude, we have fucking eyes. The problem is the hate bandwagon and disproportionate bitching over minor flaws.
Jan 2019
I have already decided to drop the show but after watching this episode I decided to give it another chance.

This episode (at least for me) is way way better than the previous 2 episodes here is hoping they keep it up.
Feb 2016
kuro_hachi said:
I think saying OPM doesn't sell well in Japan is a little too much, OPM bluray if I remember correctly, sold with an average of over 10k. Anime with sales above 5000 is classified as "pretty good". Over 10k is quite successful. above 20k it was a big success like monogatari, fate, idol, etc.

what about under 4k? Is that considered a failure or just average to that it isn't a total flop but no extra season?

Feb 2008
So garou is dead, s2 ended sooner than I thought 😉

Animation was better than in previous episodes, but Genos still looks awful.
SpirytsApr 23, 2019 7:15 PM
Apr 23, 2019 1:59 PM

Jan 2009
Supersky said:
kuro_hachi said:
I think saying OPM doesn't sell well in Japan is a little too much, OPM bluray if I remember correctly, sold with an average of over 10k. Anime with sales above 5000 is classified as "pretty good". Over 10k is quite successful. above 20k it was a big success like monogatari, fate, idol, etc.

what about under 4k? Is that considered a failure or just average to that it isn't a total flop but no extra season?

im just gonna copy and paste my comment about that earlier here

and One Punch Man season 1 sold 10,000+ average disc sales, source - http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
the break-even profit of most anime is around 3000 average disc sales, its also called the manabi line, ye people dismiss this manabi line thing but its more than enough to measure an anime that have average budget per episode, average budget of an anime episode is around 150,000 to 300,000 dollars

quick math $150,000 cost per episode multiplied by 2 (usual number of episodes per disc) then divided by $90 (common bluray disc price in japan) you will get around 3,300 average disc sales that is needed to make a break-even profit
Apr 23, 2019 2:06 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
xShinigami3125 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Still looks terrible, and genos looks even worse than in the previous episodes lol.
At least the TTM vs Garou fight was kinda decent, even tho the shiny effects again masked what good animation there was. Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist looked terrible due to that shity blue effect. Sadly that was the pivotal turning point of the God damn main fight, but why not make the entire screen blue lol. Garou vs golden boy was shit tho, and they butchered that banana.
Kinda sucks that they didn't show garou holding mumen properly, that was awesome in the manga. The entire episode had very fast pacing, so they didn't leave any time for any of the moments to properly shine.

Can everyone stop talking about the animation we all know its not as good as Season 1! This episode was great for the story and had some decent animation in there. And when Garou meets Saitama for the first time was funny and amazing!!
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
Apr 23, 2019 2:07 PM

Mar 2017
deg said:
kater_tot said:
Am i the only one who thinks Garou is so fucking cool after this episode? That moment where him and Saitama met... i'm living for that shit haha I can't wait for them to properly go at each other!

you will have to wait for as early as season 3 for a proper Garo and Saitama fight

i recommend you read the manga already and even the webcomic where the proper Garo and Saitama fight already happen

Wait... WHAT?! They aren't gonna fight this season?!
Apr 23, 2019 2:08 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
kater_tot said:
deg said:

you will have to wait for as early as season 3 for a proper Garo and Saitama fight

i recommend you read the manga already and even the webcomic where the proper Garo and Saitama fight already happen

Even in the remake manga (the source for this adaptation), they still haven't fought yet.
Apr 23, 2019 2:14 PM

Jan 2017
Well that was actualy quite good, there is still some hope for the S2!
Apr 23, 2019 2:15 PM

Aug 2017
it was better than the last 2. Saitama give away bananas was so cuta,also it was Garou with that kid.
I'm the only one who though of Wamuu sticking Nazi's hands together when Garou fought against Tank Top Master's pupils?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2019 2:16 PM

Jan 2009
kater_tot said:
deg said:

yep its better you just read both the manga and the webcomic (the webcomic will answer your wishes more though)
Apr 23, 2019 2:19 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Garou will remember that
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 23, 2019 2:26 PM
Mar 2018
Man the ratings are getting jumpier by the episode. 2 hours ago they were at .92 now .97. Guys calm down and rate it after it the last episode. This isn't a stock market where a quick decision can cure your headache. The show is probably almost done, so it doesn't change anything but keeping those indecisive 12-year-olds from watching the show at all and going back to their other Hero Academias...

But this episode wasn't that bad either. You can really feel Garo's lust for devastation, maybe a bit too much bloodlust in it but that's objective, but fairly good introduction to him. But a bit scenes were a bit too cartoony. Again the spins are not the producers strength and the soundmixer should keep his hands of the bass. There's too much bass in every sound effect...
Apr 23, 2019 2:41 PM

Jan 2018
This episode was better than episode 1 and 2, but i'd like to see Saitama more.
Tought for a second that Mumen Rider died.
How come that such a popular anime has bad animations, I mean it's not like they have proplems with money...
Apr 23, 2019 2:42 PM
Aug 2018
I thought this episode was just fine. The art work seems not as satisfying but the characters and plot to this part was pretty funny and amazing. I can not wait for next episode.
Apr 23, 2019 2:42 PM
Jan 2016
i'm quite satisfied with this episode. this episode should have been called one chop man as he finished Garo with one chop
Apr 23, 2019 2:53 PM

May 2009
Supersky said:
kuro_hachi said:

Disc sales are no longer relevant these days. Last season we had 2 sequels of shows that sold less than 1000 discs for first volumes (Kakegurui and Hand Shakers-W'z)
Apr 23, 2019 2:55 PM
Mar 2019
this episode is good it's not too bad it's still quite decent a little for the average action anime level, it's just that I'm worried about the next episode, I'm afraid episode 4 will be badly made considering in the episode we will see the centipede monster fight with meatball
Apr 23, 2019 3:06 PM

Jul 2015
Mumen Rider definitely earns his respect
Apr 23, 2019 3:08 PM

Mar 2014
nerojeko said:
The fight between Garou and Tank-Top guy was awesome, the animation was really good! Saitama one punching Garou was awesome hahahahaha.

You mean Saitama One *Chopping* Garou?
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 23, 2019 3:11 PM
Jul 2015
This might be controversial but...Mumen Rider got what's coming to him.

Now that is not to say that Tank top would have been able to beat Garou if uninterrupted. But he was doing at least some damage. Just like...sit down and let the adults talk damn. The dude is openly homicidal,if this were not a comedy they would all be dead, not just beat up, so let Tank top try his best to handle business.

Also, ONCE CHOP MAN FOR THE WIN!!!
Apr 23, 2019 3:12 PM

Mar 2014
Spiryts said:
So darou is dead, s2 ended sooner than I thought 😉

Animation was better than in previous episodes, but Genos still looks awful.

I dont know who this Darou is, but they sound pretty disappointing.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 23, 2019 3:14 PM

Jun 2014
I can't help but notice the awkward transition from one scene to another and the weird pacing. It's almost jarring and is ruining the experience. Maybe it's more obvious to me because I've read the manga.
Apr 23, 2019 3:14 PM

Nov 2017
I'm fucking amazed!!!! Just one pat on the shoulder. How fuckin strong are you crazy son of a bitch!!! Replayed the scene like 10 fuckin times. So good!!! Hahahaha!!!!!
Apr 23, 2019 3:25 PM

Dec 2014
AwesomeAlfie27 said:

2.OPM did NOT sell that well in Japan, they had normal, average, sales, and MadHouse cared a lot for the Japan market, so they sold the rights to JC Staff, this season's existance is a miracle

I'm not exactly sure where you took this from, the sales for the first volume were 12.200 units, second volume dropped to roughly 10.000, volume 3 sold 9.000 and 4-6 also roughly 8.000. These are hardly bad numbers, the sales are almost at a 10k average which is mostly considered a success. Something doesn't add up considering Overlord Season 2 sold much worse and got a third season. I'm not denying that much more goes into earnings and all that but I don't think popularity was the driving factor in this.
Apr 23, 2019 3:38 PM

Feb 2013
One Chop Man!
Haha, Garou didn't see that coming.
Apr 23, 2019 3:38 PM

Jan 2017
I shouldn't give a shit about what anyone say regarding this anime, 'cause this episode was great. Really enjoyable, through and through.
Apr 23, 2019 3:42 PM
Jan 2017
The first problem is the pacing. Unlike the manga, this episode was way too rushed and the fight scene did not have the same emotional impact as it had in the manga. The animation was just trash and so guess JC Staff did a better job with Prison School than this garbage. The faces are drawn even worse in this one. The animation in the fight scene lacked fluidity too. I think the visuals are hardly better than any modern hentai.
Apr 23, 2019 3:52 PM

Aug 2014
he fucking annihilated him :D The new season is so entertaining tbh. not what I expected at all
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Apr 23, 2019 3:56 PM

Feb 2018
Lucyxxx said:
xShinigami3125 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Still looks terrible, and genos looks even worse than in the previous episodes lol.
At least the TTM vs Garou fight was kinda decent, even tho the shiny effects again masked what good animation there was. Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist looked terrible due to that shity blue effect. Sadly that was the pivotal turning point of the God damn main fight, but why not make the entire screen blue lol. Garou vs golden boy was shit tho, and they butchered that banana.
Kinda sucks that they didn't show garou holding mumen properly, that was awesome in the manga. The entire episode had very fast pacing, so they didn't leave any time for any of the moments to properly shine.

Can everyone stop talking about the animation we all know its not as good as Season 1! This episode was great for the story and had some decent animation in there. And when Garou meets Saitama for the first time was funny and amazing!!

It's not about it being worse than s1, it's simply worse than most action anime nowadays. And the few decent bits of aniamtion are often ruined, or hidden by the shity effects, awful shading, and terrible editing. Those things weren't as prevalent in this episode, which is why it was better than episode 2, but that's still far from good.
Apr 23, 2019 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
The ending was too funny. Loved this ep
Apr 23, 2019 3:57 PM

Feb 2018
Animation was actually decent however it looked blurry most of the time which kinda ruined it for me , The bit after the ED was pretty funny .
Apr 23, 2019 4:02 PM

Jan 2013
Hey this ep was pretty good , no complaints here

garou ost alone makes it worth
Apr 23, 2019 4:17 PM

Nov 2017
Quite a but if a slow episode. It was mostly just showcasing Garou’s power and theres just some fight scenes with him and other heroes. Just when I thought the episode was over, Saitama popped upout of nowhere and gave us some good ol’ satisfaction hehe. Not sure if that was their first and last battle, but Gorou who seemed to be the real deal now seems not to be the real deal. My guess the next episode is going to play around the martial arts competition... and hair...

plz @ me
Apr 23, 2019 4:19 PM
May 2016
God I hate this adaptation. This episode was almost actually passable. It felt like they TRIED with the Tank Top vs Garou part of the episode, but the production does such a shitty job of smearing crap all over the work of their staff that are actually trying on this train wreck. Seriously, fuck all the ghosting, it's annoying. But man, that part was alright, and then everything else was just painful. Genos looks so off-model at points and lmao, the Sonic Adventure DX-ass NPC looking cgi crowd in the last bit of the episode was just the icing on the cake.

There's nothing worse than seeing some actual flashes of what could've been a good adaptation here but only as diamonds buried under mediocrity, the fucking manga is better animated than the anime is at some points. Seriously, what was that fight with Golden Ball? There's no reason to defend J.C. Staff, we'd already been waiting YEARS for a new season so for them to release one after all that time and rush it this bad is inexcusable, they're just trying to cash in. I just hope they don't make it far, if they actually even tried to adapt the climax of the
I'd be pissed off given how absolutely astonishing it was in the manga.

Not even trying to be elitist here, this adaptation just gives very few reasons to experience over the superior version which is the manga that the anime also is butchering by cutting out a lot of stuff.
Apr 23, 2019 4:27 PM
May 2016
Alca said:

There is no reason to want to settle for mediocrity. Season 1 was great because of how much it was basically a passion project thanks to the staff that worked on it, it became such a huge hit as a show for a good reason, not just because of how strong the manga was. Considering how great this stretch of the manga gets, to see it get a soulless half-assed adaptation when it could've at least got one that wasn't rushed is just insulting.
Apr 23, 2019 4:39 PM
Mar 2019
eso-JAR said:
how many episodes will be in this season?
I'm sure this event will have 8 or 10 episodes, because it's almost impossible for JC Staff to make consecutive actions with high budgets and good quality, unless they want to throw a makeshift series, besides that the source of the manga is still close
Apr 23, 2019 5:16 PM
Mar 2019
Ok, some people might be misinterpret some people are saying that the animation is quite "bad". Not saying the action is bad, it is the overall animation is. There are some quite bad animation but overall I still enjoy it for the comedy and action, it 's also a big significance for characters being a badass and undislikable, I love every one of the characters. Garou just made the episode more interesting because of his appeal and personality. The comedy is still good. I'm not comparing both season 1 and season 2 but afterall, the animation is still the case for me since the manga is godly drawn and known for it's action pack fights. Every punches and retaliated attack comes up with hype and overall excitement of how good is the choreography is, the season 1 manage to keep up to the manga. Good episode for keeping up it's hype and overall plausible laughs, though obviously, it is a downgrade compared to the manga.

Edit: Also apparently, the animation is inconsistent at times.
AnubisSchuApr 23, 2019 5:23 PM
Apr 23, 2019 5:23 PM
May 2017
Garou makes this episode great but I noticed that every fight we've had so far has had a really shaky cam so it makes it harder to see the animation.
Apr 23, 2019 5:26 PM

May 2018
Jeez the pacing is really so fast. They don't allow scenes to breathe at all. It's just one scene after the other in in a barrage....
Apr 23, 2019 5:46 PM

Apr 2016
Big improvement from last episode, but there is still too much blurred effects. Fights were too short. Again, they crammed a lot into this episode so many moments just didn't feel right. Also the sound is just so bad. Music was bad too, could have used better music for the fights instead of piano
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FarCritical »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by Gooliver »»
May 5, 2:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

201 by tensemoment »»
May 5, 10:50 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.