Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 13, 2019 10:04 AM
Dec 2018
After Misaki Died(26 years ago), Why did that one boy say
"<She>is not dead."
"<She> is right there"
and
In the beginning, when the two students were talking about that incident, the boy said:
"<She> was popular"
"Everyone Adored <her>"
I Don't Get it. If there is something in Novel, Tell me to read the novel(especially, if it is something too good to be spoiled)
If not, then Let's Theorise
Apr 19, 2019 2:26 PM
Feb 2016
Just a bad translation. The person who did the subtitles either did not know the story or did not know how to translate these sentences without using he or she.
Apr 22, 2019 11:09 AM
Dec 2018
Antijo said:
Just a bad translation. The person who did the subtitles either did not know the story or did not know how to translate these sentences without using he or she.

I guess not... I checked multiple websites with diff subs, but all first said it was a girl, then a boy... in the manga too, the 2 children talking say "in her class" at the start(now, I haven't read the manga completely, but I guess it would be "Misaki who died years ago was a boy[my guess])
so things don't line up... ur thoughts?
Apr 24, 2019 5:07 AM

May 2017
Well if you look close enough in the last pages of the manga. You can make a shape of a boy. Im assuming its misaki. So i think thta yeah. Its a boy.

Although i think ill keep speaking about that misaki as “her”.
May 10, 2019 2:07 AM

Dec 2018
That's what going on on my mind too, after I know that the Misaki from 26 years ago was a boy. I'm looking back to the prologue and I'm confused.

I guess they're just meant to plotwist us viewers that Misaki Mei was the one being talked about.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 11, 2019 5:55 AM
Dec 2018
Kish0 said:
That's what going on on my mind too, after I know that the Misaki from 26 years ago was a boy. I'm looking back to the prologue and I'm confused.

I guess they're just meant to plotwist us viewers that Misaki Mei was the one being talked about.

probably... but that's is really weird...just make "the misaki" girl... maybe the writer had something in his mind but was "nah screw it"... well, if he wanted to make a sequel, he has a lot to explore upon...
Jun 9, 2019 10:27 AM
Sep 2015
Actually Antijo is right. It's just a mistranslation.

I can see how it would be an easy mistake for people who aren't fluent in Japanese. For the record, I'm talking about ur reaction and not the actual translator because they did a good job.

Romaji of the spoken words from episode 1 in the first 30 seconds of the show when they first referenced to Misaki who died 26 years ago
"Misaki shiteru ka?"
"San nen San kumi, Misaki"
"San kumi ni Sono hito dake?"
"Ni-juu-roku nen hanashi da"
"Souitsu sa ichi nen no Koro ka ninki mono de sa"
"Atama no kou no seikaku yokatta la shi da"
"Dakara seito no sensei no sukari de sa"

Episode english translation via subs goes
"Have you heard of Misaki?"
"She was in the ninth grade, class 3."
"Was there someone named Misaki in class 3?"
"It happened 26 years ago."
"She'd been popular since the seventh grade."
"She was smart, pretty, and had a great personality."
"Both the teachers and students adored her."

In the original Japanese, never once did they use a gendered pronoun dialogue like he, she, him or her. They used a non gendered pronoun when referring to that person. In the English language, the equivalent would be like us using "you" or like saying "that person".

In lines 2, 6 and 7, the original Japanese sentences didn't even use a pronoun at all. In lines 5, they used "Souitsu" which happens to be a non-gendered pronoun.

Misaki is generally used for females but most Japanese names are actually unisex so I can see why all the other translations did it the way they did.
Jun 10, 2019 4:44 AM
Dec 2018
Dungzo said:
Actually Antijo is right. It's just a mistranslation.

I can see how it would be an easy mistake for people who aren't fluent in Japanese. For the record, I'm talking about ur reaction and not the actual translator because they did a good job.

Romaji of the spoken words from episode 1 in the first 30 seconds of the show when they first referenced to Misaki who died 26 years ago
"Misaki shiteru ka?"
"San nen San kumi, Misaki"
"San kumi ni Sono hito dake?"
"Ni-juu-roku nen hanashi da"
"Souitsu sa ichi nen no Koro ka ninki mono de sa"
"Atama no kou no seikaku yokatta la shi da"
"Dakara seito no sensei no sukari de sa"

Episode english translation via subs goes
"Have you heard of Misaki?"
"She was in the ninth grade, class 3."
"Was there someone named Misaki in class 3?"
"It happened 26 years ago."
"She'd been popular since the seventh grade."
"She was smart, pretty, and had a great personality."
"Both the teachers and students adored her."

In the original Japanese, never once did they use a gendered pronoun dialogue like he, she, him or her. They used a non gendered pronoun when referring to that person. In the English language, the equivalent would be like us using "you" or like saying "that person".

In lines 2, 6 and 7, the original Japanese sentences didn't even use a pronoun at all. In lines 5, they used "Souitsu" which happens to be a non-gendered pronoun.

Misaki is generally used for females but most Japanese names are actually unisex so I can see why all the other translations did it the way they did.

oooooooooooooooooooh k thnx
Feb 16, 2021 6:41 AM
Aug 2018
I think that it's just a rumor/legend that misaki is a girl. Or that's how the story was twisted as the years passed by.

And it was only classified as boy because the librarian actually knows that misaki is a boy. And that's how the pronouns was changed?

Coz i remember the boy mc asking
"Misaki is actually a boy, right?" or something along that line
Feb 16, 2021 11:41 AM
Dec 2018
i don't remember exactly but maybe

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

538 by 0ddi_ »»
Yesterday, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1043 by NoviSun »»
May 21, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CuriousThing - Feb 20, 2012

372 by BertBert »»
May 21, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

666 by BertBert »»
May 21, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ilikeyouevenmore - Jan 16, 2012

383 by BertBert »»
May 21, 2:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.