Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2019 10:27 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Raw is out on the internet. Not watching it yet since no subs. Just like spoilers from cinema watchers said huge plot is about multiversity. Just skimmed through and I'm wondering if there is plot related explanation of cgi animated sequnces during minute 59-62 73-83 and few more?
Also shame that scene from original are in huge black frame due to not being drawn in HD back then.
Also shame2 that scene of idol Anemone from previews wasn't in the movie, so I guess it was preview of 3rd movie
bastek66Mar 30, 2019 10:36 AM
Apr 11, 2019 6:12 AM

Oct 2010
I too wait for the sub and enjoy a movie with best girl Anemone, maybe this will be watchable.
Apr 19, 2019 4:24 AM

May 2015
Catalano said:
I too wait for the sub and enjoy a movie with best girl Anemone, maybe this will be watchable.

From what i have heard it's the first enjoyable release since the original E7 though if you go in to it expecting to see the same Anemone that was in the original you will be a bit disappointed.

The animation music video by RUANN is awesome at least.
Apr 19, 2019 4:36 AM

Oct 2010
wingsaber said:
Catalano said:

From what i have heard it's the first enjoyable release since the original E7 though if you go in to it expecting to see the same Anemone that was in the original you will be a bit disappointed.

Damn! A different Anemone? I'll give it a chance though.
May 11, 2019 7:22 PM
Oct 2011
Me too. She's my favorite as well so I'll definitely still give it a chance, the impressions I read were also pretty good about the movie and the different Anemone.

wingsaber said:
Catalano said:

Cool. Good to hear.
Like Catalano, She's my favorite as well so hopefully we like this different Anemone. I skimmed a bit since I couldn't help myself but I'm trying to hold out too.

Seeing that you've heard that too definitely makes me look forward to it as the couple of articles I've read have said similar things about the movie.

And skimming through a few moments here and there of it it seems really captivating, exciting, and particularly very emotional.

So even though she's apparently a different Anemone, with what you've said, the bits of it I skimmed, and what's been written in some of the articles, it sounds like a very emotional movie that will still have me as one of her fans still loving this new version of her.

bastek66 said:
Just skimmed through and I'm wondering if there is plot related explanation of cgi animated sequnces during minute 59-62 73-83 and few more?

Also shame2 that scene of idol Anemone from previews wasn't in the movie, so I guess it was preview of 3rd movie

Jul 8, 2019 11:10 PM

Oct 2010
I found it subbed on your "usual" site but no english :(( damn.
Aug 18, 2019 8:58 PM

May 2008
I can't imagine why no one has subbed this in English yet. Hope it gets some love soon.
Sep 4, 2019 4:10 PM

Nov 2007
Anemone's side. So it was her first time riding that robot and that crazy face was just when she battled. She became popular because she defeated very strong Eureka.

She has an app. boyfriend type and somehow showed up as a human when she battled. Also her father was mentioned (which personally think her app. boyfriend in human form resembles her father).

Somehow Eureka and Anemone became friends from enemies, just like that.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 2, 2019 1:13 AM

Dec 2009
Reeee still no english subs...
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 17, 2020 12:23 PM

Oct 2010
rejoice anemone fans! we have english subs (fanmade for now) but the people who watched it said the translation was good. Can't wait to watch the movie in a few days or so.
Feb 29, 2020 3:01 AM
Mar 2016
So, where i can find more about the mecha in the film ? anyone got a link
Mar 1, 2020 9:38 AM

Oct 2010
finally watched it, it was a bit weird and I have some thoughts about it

I was confused by all the scenes inside the Scub Corral, why was there a need for that, and why were all the small Anemone scenes in cg and the rest in normal animation?
well, that plot twist at the end sealed it off, apparently Eureka was teleported on Earth (the real one) and because she lost contact with Renton and Eureka 7 world she created that space where Anemone dived into. I didn't like it, why invent something like that all the sudden? and why bring to this world all our beloved characters? why not just create a parallel universe? but no, at the end Renton was there signaling to Eureka on Earth.
They gave us Anemone but it was Earth Anemone not our beloved, kinda disappointed. It felt more like a Rebuild of Eureka You can (Not) cut-back-drop-turn.
CatalanoSep 6, 2021 3:14 AM
Apr 13, 2020 9:16 AM

Jun 2015
What were they thinking? Who was the target audience for this? It sure wasn't fans of the original.

One second it's CG, the other it's got janky 2D art
One second it's trying to be The End of Evangelion, the other a Ghibli movie
One second there's original animation, the other you're having reused animation from the original as well as promotional art for the PS2 game, a random chibi drawing of Eureka, and screenshots from AO, Pocket ga Niji de Ippai, and the manga shoved in your face....huh?

It's just a load of nonsense. Why is The End a Bakugan? Why is Dominic an AI but not really? Why is Dewey Jesus Christ? Why is Nirvash a kabuto armor with springy arms that hatched out of an egg? Why does Anemone have a vertical phone camera YT channel? We might never know.

There was some good animation, most of the music was pretty good (although I love RUANN, that ED song sounded pretty bad, sorry), and the moments with Anemone and her dad were cute and mildly interesting, I guess.

Even though I thought this was a complete and utter trainwreck, I still have my hopes that the last one will at least be interesting, if nothing else.
Also, RIP Kouji Tsujitani :(

ShadowMonkeySep 24, 2020 2:03 PM
Aug 11, 2020 5:25 AM

May 2013
I liked it a lot, the mixture of CGI and 2D animations were good
The CGI animation was also well done and pleasant to the eyes

Even though I'm new to the series and felt like this was more destined to the "connoisseur" of the series I was still able to enjoy those 2 movies (the 2nd one was better without a doubt) but still felt left out as somes moments of the plot

I liked the add of new technologies in this movies but felt at the same time that there was a little too much IOS devices, felt a little like a ad/sponsors thing

The end is good and let me look forward to the next movie in 2021, I will eventually watch
the series too but I don't know when that will happens...
Also the ending song was really great like the first movie
Overall very good experiences with those movies 8/10

PS : May you rest in Peace Koji Tsujitani, my memories goes with you
Tuti_Aug 11, 2020 5:30 AM

Aug 16, 2020 7:27 PM

Feb 2012
For better or for worse, this was an outstanding movie for what Eureka 7 is rather than what fans may want it to be. The single biggest issue with this movie is that you need to be well verse in the whole franchise to be able to even hope to catch what's going on. The setting itself is an alternate history of the original anime where Renton is accidentally killed by Eureka, and the multiple worlds found in Eureka Seven AO. It's a confusing mess, but I'm amazed at how much I enjoyed watching this movie.

I think the reason this movie resonated with me is that the theme of this movie deals with a major problem left unaddressed by original anime. The original anime consisted one of the best explorations of what love actually is, and this movie does a truncated discussion on loss. Eureka Seven isn't human, though her character arc is her discovering what being human actually entails. Renton is the first person she would do anything for with her whole heart, and this movie shows how much such a selfish motivation can warp a person. She didn't care how many people she needed to destroy to get Renton back, and the most she could produce was a dream.

This story would have been much better served as a season of anime, because around 90 minutes was too little time for what this movie was trying to do. It needed all the exposition it had and for all the characters to state how their feeling for this movie to be comprehensible. It gave the movie a dramatic feeling that I appreciated, but I also suspect I'm much more forgiving in this regard than most.

I'm also really glad that the creators of Eureka Seven are still trying to push boundaries. Every movie and anime mad has been a radical change from what came before. It hasn't always produce that good of results, but I like how each one keeps me thinking.
Apr 27, 2021 6:52 AM

Dec 2009
I've seen some sentiments around that this movie felt more like E7 than AO, which i don't think i can agree with that. While this is more faithful to the original plot-wise (especially with the release cut episode that shows the alternate ending that wasn't fairy tale happily ever after), AO captured the energy and spirit of the original more so, even though it scrambled the plot. When i started watching this at first i was heavily confused, because it felt like it was in the timeline of the initial scub invasion, which was fairly modern, in stark contrast to the very future setting E7 had, and yet had so many familiar characters, it felt like another one of those cases of lazy copy-pasted characters to new setting.

Nevertheless this was somewhat interesting and i'm curious if the 3rd will be more at home.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 10, 2021 6:31 AM
Mar 2016
can somebody reply to me real quick if you can help answer my questions?
my question is: are there any difference between Eureka Seven TV (2005) 50 episodes vs movie Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution 1 & Anemone: Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution?
I haven't watch any of the tv or movies but somehow I got a feeling this is like Evagelion tv and movie remake. both eva have huge difference in not just story.
Sep 16, 2023 7:58 PM

Oct 2019
God damn, what a movie. Visuals and music were astounding. I enjoyed this version of anemone. But man, that last portion was a real mind fuck again. Not as bad as AO for me personally but what in tardnation was going on there?
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Mar 5, 6:49 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 3.5
[Art/Animation] - 4
[Sound/Music] - 4
[M-Character] - 4
[S-Character] - 3.5
[Enjoyment] - 3.5
[Overall] - 3.5

This is my second time seeing this film it's a twist understanding the remaking the world over and over again, and they made it connect with all the other E7 series form the manga to video game and the squeal series AO. I enjoyed this version of anemone and the warming short story of her life and the person she is.
Apr 23, 9:45 PM

Aug 2016
I... Didn't hate this? I mean, it's certainly not a good movie, the production is pretty terrible and the movie is way too short for the amount of shit it's trying to do. However, I did find what it tried to do to be very interesting, even if I have to basically pretend the original series and this movie are two separate entities in order to make it easier to swallow. I like the way the multiverse shit is used in this movie as a means to explore the same central theme of falling in love and doing everything in your power to stay with your loved one found in the original series, but from the perspective that your loved one is no longer alive and how destructive the inability to deal with that loss can be both to yourself and to those around you, a context when going as far as you can and doing everything in your power becomes a negative thing, that person is gone, you have to let go of them, even if it's painful as hell to do so. It's a pretty powerful message and it adds to the original series' by contrasting with it, serving as a companion piece, which honestly makes this a more worthwhile watch than the Evangelion rebuild or the Code Geass retelling, both of which are just "Here are these things the original series already did, but worse now!"
-RyuApr 24, 8:41 AM
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Apr 28, 10:03 AM

Mar 2016
Alrighty so this movie is better than the previous one by a slight margin.
First of all, there is less recycled footage so at the very least, it's trying to present a new story albeit a bland and bad one at that.

This might not be the Anemone that we know of but it's nice seeing her interact with AI-Dominic, but surprisingly, in this timeline at least, Anemone used to have a father. One might point out the peculiar similarities between this version of Anemone and Renton.

The switching of worlds and mental dimensions was jarring to be honest, not specifically due to its frantic pacing but for the lacklustre justification as to why it happened in the first place. There seemingly are just soooo many things that the movie wanted to present and convey to the audience that at some point, some pieces of information and reasons just didn't make much sense.

In any case, I didn't hate the movie as much as the previous one, but it left a lot and I mean a LOT to be desired. Especially when the movie promised some of the community's most loved characters, who turned out to be bastardized into one who looked similar but is not the same.

More topics from this board

» US Release Confirmed

Prideful_Master - Dec 2, 2019

0 by Prideful_Master »»
Dec 2, 2019 12:51 PM

» New PV

bastek66 - Oct 5, 2018

4 by CorallineAlgae »»
Nov 29, 2018 10:03 PM

» RUANN「There's No Ending」Animation Music Video (NEW SCENES)

Kyon90 - Nov 14, 2018

0 by Kyon90 »»
Nov 14, 2018 9:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.