Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Sep 29, 2020 10:42 PM
Sep 2020
nobody in here is being concerned about the fact that one of the kids didn't get a spirit? (The kid that was having berserk mode or wte). Then Rimiru says "We're done" like what the hell?!?!?! :/ :s Annnnd nobody here on this very forum here talk about that very fact, either :( outrageous
Nov 30, 2020 10:54 AM

Apr 2013
That felt very much like a last episode, I'm glad they ended this without much drama though. I assume the last episode will either be backstory or fanservice.
Nov 30, 2020 3:33 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
So this is the end of the main story for S1?
Well, my biggest complaint is that this last arc was a bit shorter, as in, I liked the kids, and when to see them for a longer period of time.

I gave up understanding some of the stuff the anime keep teasing, all the more with this episode, there is time travel, yeah...
Guess that if they don't explain Manas: Chronoa and Chloe Aubert, I will just puzzle it out when I read the LNs, because I tried the wiki a bit and was like, wtf is this mess...

Still, 2 more episodes to go nonetheless, my thoughts won't change much, overall I don't think the plot of the series is anything special, but really, the slow but steady world building and the likable cast are just huge pros to me.

Most of the isekais I have seen either have a dark thing to themselves or end up becoming purely dumb (like konosuba), it would be hard to say if I ended up liking this more than Shield Hero, but this was definitely one of the most addictive and soothing experiences I have had for a long long time, very chill and constantly leaving me on a great mood, with some moments here and there that made me tear up, and some cool action to boot too.

Definitely will eagerly consume both the LN and manga in due time, the LN, probably before S2.
Dec 7, 2020 3:46 AM

May 2020
I love this episode! The last episode is filler...?
Dec 29, 2020 7:17 PM

Apr 2019
ahhhh, everybody safe! Wonder who that girl who was spying on Rimuru at the end was?

Jan 13, 2021 7:19 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, thats the last arc for the kids, to be grown-ups as their owns. Rimuru-sama did the slime body could best, to overcome any batshit, into a happiness. Its kinda fucked up a bit when Chloe out of nowhere confessed. Guess, its just a foreshadowed for something big happened in the future. Especially with that spirit, that very look alike her, as an adult form. The reason still unknown, together with what lies beyond the future. Still as a god-like monster like Rimuru-sama, there was no shit to be feared for. But, left aside that, its still nice.

One episode only, but its looks like its a fillerish one. So, i might ended up my scoring here, as per my usual ritual standard:

Got it, then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 15, 2021 6:26 PM

Dec 2012
Calling it now this is some Steins;Gate shit

Mar 14, 2021 8:51 AM

Sep 2012
@Playcool
this spoiler may explain it
About Chloe and chloes spirits and Sizu and heroes true connection, comment from source reader

MannyQ said:
nobody in here is being concerned about the fact that one of the kids didn't get a spirit? (The kid that was having berserk mode or wte). Then Rimiru says "We're done" like what the hell?!?!?! :/ :s Annnnd nobody here on this very forum here talk about that very fact, either :( outrageous

awry1 got spirit, he wouldn't leave otherwise
Sugram22Mar 14, 2021 8:57 AM
Apr 4, 2021 2:43 AM

Oct 2019
A fairly good episode. Chloe is almost certainly the former Hero & mentor of Shizue. The "spiritual body" that inhabited her is her future self (which is why she kissed Rimuru, since she had the hots for him since she was a child) and she is also the one who trapped Veldora (who the show has completely forgotten, despite both OPs showing Veldora flying free and Rimuru jumping from him, which makes no sense..) in the past.

It appears that Chloe's very high power is a predestination paradox where her future self gave power to her past self to become strong ... in the future, but that power has no original cause or source; it just exists in a loop, just like the Terminator CPU which spawned Skynet (since the CPU was a product of Skynet and could not exist without it, Skynet basically spawned itself out of thin air). The fact that she then appears to have time traveled to the past (to trap Veldora, befriend Shizue, give her the mask etc) makes this even more complicated.

The mask itself is also a predestination paradox (i.e. an effect with no original cause or source). Chloe gave it to Shizue who then gave it to Rimuru who then gave it to Chloe who gave it to Shizue etc etc, however noone ever designed or made that mask. It just exists in a loop. Which is why Rimuru said he "felt" he needed to give it to Chloe. If he hadn't given it to her he would he would have broken the loop, thus ... he would not have had the mask, since the mask only exists in that loop.. Basically time or reality itself would have broken apart.
Which is why I hate sloppily written time travel stories.. :p
Apr 6, 2021 2:19 PM

Mar 2019
I really didn't like how Shizue said "Thank you, Slime-san" because they were both from Japan, that was the thing that made them so close to each other. She should have said either "Thank you, Rimuru-san" or the best one "Thank you, Satoru-san".

But yea, sad episode again, rip Shizue :'( but something about Chloe makes me wonder if Shizue will come back. Because the spirit from the future that entered her was clearly the Hero (Shizue's mentor that suddenly disappeared). Nice arc and I'll miss those kids a lot!!!!! :(

I would write my thoughts on this season here, but it's technically not the last episode even though it is? tl;dr was great, enjoyed it, not 10/10 though, maybe closer to an 8/10.
Alex_TheForestApr 6, 2021 2:35 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 29, 2021 10:56 AM

Sep 2012
@Alex_TheForest

May 20, 2021 12:01 PM

May 2020
Chloe is kawai loli. Rimuru mission to help those three is complete he can go home and meet team. But that knight seems dangerous. End of Rimuru here can't wait for season 2.
Jun 30, 2021 5:31 AM

Oct 2016
That was a great season finale since I heard the last episode will be a side story. Chloe is really interesting, is there like some time shenanigans happening here? That montage of Rimuru's adventures so far with the insert song was really relaxing, that was great. I am assuming that story about the demon Rimuru summoned will be shown later, maybe in the 2nd season or an OVA or something, I don't know I'll find out eventually.

Aww, kind of wanted the kids to come with him to Rimuru city, maybe later on.
Oct 31, 2021 9:31 AM

May 2017
That blonde kid being caried like a princess XD

Sadly i have to reduce the score from 9 to 8 , there was only 4 ep with milim and shuna was invisible most ep

Also 2 ending song
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Nov 2, 2021 12:28 PM

Jul 2017
A good portion of this was a recap and its not like Tower of God where in its final episode of the season, a recap was used from another person's perspective to show their side of the story and their actions. Here, it was just a recollection montage and the rest of the episode felt pretty damn anticlimactic as a whole. This season of Slime had a couple of good episodes and moments but was very flat with its storytelling, characters, visuals and uneven pacing as a whole. I get the appeal but it doesn't vibe well with me and clearly some struggles too with how stuff was adapted here in the second half, particularly with this whole final arc to the season. Chloe getting the mask did feel appropriate for me too at least, but there needed to be more time spent with the kids to help them grow and shit, not enough time was dedicated to this whatsoever so the whole thing in my head feels pointless. What a shame.

This season was pretty damn bad, and ironically, this I still think might be better than the 2nd season lol. Will rewatch that now too but yeah, this definitely ain't close to being what I would consider a decent or passable isekai series, let alone a good one.
Jun 12, 2022 6:42 PM

Jul 2013
If I didn't knew there was another episode after this I could have thought this was the final one. But this episode was just the closing for this chapter.

Nice to see all of the kids getting their spirits or in this Chloe's case something similar? This spirit must have something to do with the person which fought and jailed Veldora. That's also the reason why it felt natural to Rimuru to give Chloe Shizune's mask. Hopefully we get more information later on.

The main thing is all of the kids are save now and don't have to be worried about their inner destructive energy. Would be great to see them again in the future :)

Hmm I wonder who these 2 persons were at the end. Both of them observing Rimuru seems suspicious, but with only 1 episode left I don't think we'll get too much explanation.

Aug 12, 2022 6:28 PM
Nov 2021
slimy, hmmmmmmmmmm
Aug 12, 2022 6:53 PM
May 2021
BramborAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Jan 13, 2023 8:20 AM

Jul 2015
With all that foreshadowing I guess nice setup for some sort of future/rebirth arc involving Chloe there.

Feb 19, 2023 8:36 PM

Apr 2021
The slime series was really good and entertaining. I liked it. This was a great isekai. 
Jul 19, 2023 2:32 AM
May 2023
it was satisfying end as the end of season is being over without any of typical clip hangers where MC getting a real bad ending like all isekai.
Nov 11, 2023 9:33 AM
Oct 2019
peak peak peak peak
Dec 16, 2023 6:27 PM

Nov 2023
Aww Ramiris is cute but she's actually a demon lord
Mar 13, 2:45 AM

Aug 2019
chloe and alice fighting over rimuru :D other giving a kiss and other one confessing :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 10:15 PM

Dec 2022
This felt like the last episode or the finale but I loved this isekai as hell. Wondering what's the last episode got in store for me in this first season.

Apr 3, 6:19 AM

May 2015
This episode gave off major epilogue vibes. But there's still one more left! Great Sage being able to fuse spirits sure is majorly helpful. The majority of the kids didn't seem to be able to attract any superior spirits by themselves.
Apr 28, 7:52 AM
Jul 2023
It's just the same thing over and over again
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2018

219 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

396 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:26 AM

» Why does he choose the opposite gender? ( 1 2 )

jaisan - Oct 15, 2018

50 by Reevansingh21 »»
Apr 26, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2019

129 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 26, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.