Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 28, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, they actually got Millim to wear some normal clothes. I mean, it's about time lol

Got a good amount of screen time between her and Rimuru. All jokes aside, I guess Rimuru's friends are starting to slowly getting used to her presence. Milium is cute in just about anything she wears though if you ask me.

More like a development episode this week.

Stark700Jan 28, 2019 7:33 AM
Jan 28, 2019 9:10 AM

Dec 2013
Lol Gobta is legit strong haha! xD

Jan 28, 2019 9:17 AM

Dec 2018
fuck, I missed the part of the manga where rimuru is transformed to his human form to give his hand to the new member of the city, that seemed funny because it seemed that he had fallen in love with him, the same happened with the scene where rimuru had put a skirt and an old man sees it and also feels the "crush". I do not know why they omit those details that seem comical and create doubts about how people see Rimuru as a boy or girl :/
Jan 28, 2019 9:17 AM

Nov 2014
Milim is so cute :D I was afraid she will be hard to control for Rimuru, but it seems there are no problems.
I guess that new super strong monster foreshadowed in last scene is Rimuru's next meal? Hopefully it will give him powerup to make him at least equal to those demon lords.
Jan 28, 2019 9:58 AM

Sep 2018
Damn we already got to se Youma and now even Charybdis is coming......cant wait for Rimuru to get even more OP... :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Jan 28, 2019 10:02 AM

Dec 2014
lol... the slime keep getting more people on board..hmm
Jan 28, 2019 10:28 AM

Apr 2009
And the other Demons Lords start interfering anyway. Milim's innocent facial expressions while being constantly tamed by food or threatened by the lack of it. LOL

Wow Gobta's showing some skills out there! Good for him, I hope he doesn't waste it. So that's Youm? Hmmm.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 28, 2019 10:31 AM
Jan 2019
To be honest, the quality of the show is starting to go downhill after the Orc disaster, the pacing is way too fast, seems like they are trying to rush the whole season til the "teacher" chapter, or even spirit chapter as well. Sometimes you have the moment that things are going way too fast and some plots just came out of no way. Just take Youm for example, in the manga they have done a lot more explaining why Rimuru chooses him to be the champion, not just picking him because he was there at the table. The process of the trust he builds with the town and Rimuru is talked by a narration, which is kinda disappointing when the manga took him down the street actually experiencing the town with some funny moments here and there. It's unlikely the show will be slowing down tho. Hope they are somehow getting better before the finale.
Jan 28, 2019 10:36 AM
Nov 2018
Fede_5000 said:
fuck, I missed the part of the manga where rimuru is transformed to his human form to give his hand to the new member of the city, that seemed funny because it seemed that he had fallen in love with him, the same happened with the scene where rimuru had put a skirt and an old man sees it and also feels the "crush". I do not know why they omit those details that seem comical and create doubts about how people see Rimuru as a boy or girl :/
Fede_5000 said:

Because they ignore source from manga i think.
Novel source doesn't contain that kind of story
If they expressed youhm had fallen in rimuru, the next original story will be so werid(spoiler)
Jan 28, 2019 10:36 AM
Jan 2016
Good episode, it seems Rimuru is increasing her allies!

Milim is really cute and adorable, is so much funny how she reacted against the one that attacked Rigurd, it is truly funny how Rimuru tame her with food! Loved when Rimuru persuaded her to reveal her secrets about other demon lords!

Gobta is becoming strong!

Youma seems to be a nice leader!
Jan 28, 2019 10:37 AM

Jul 2014
Aw, no more Milim's butt. Her revealing outfit lasted only half an episode :'( ...On the other hand she's still freaking cute :3
SkyLETVJan 28, 2019 3:28 PM
Jan 28, 2019 10:41 AM

Jan 2013
What a fucking snooze-fest.
Jan 28, 2019 10:51 AM

Feb 2017
dm_T said:
To be honest, the quality of the show is starting to go downhill after the Orc disaster, the pacing is way too fast, seems like they are trying to rush the whole season til the "teacher" chapter, or even spirit chapter as well. Sometimes you have the moment that things are going way too fast and some plots just came out of no way. Just take Youm for example, in the manga they have done a lot more explaining why Rimuru chooses him to be the champion, not just picking him because he was there at the table. The process of the trust he builds with the town and Rimuru is talked by a narration, which is kinda disappointing when the manga took him down the street actually experiencing the town with some funny moments here and there. It's unlikely the show will be slowing down tho. Hope they are somehow getting better before the finale.

nn umm , what are u tlkn about? they did exhibit how youm experiencing the fabulousness of the town . so what's your point? Im fairly certain they did get the point across just fine .

SNDT said:
More dick sucking for great rimiru sama... This writing...

I feel sorry for ppl like you ....
why would u tlk about writing plot n
what next? the direction? lol
what's the point?

Fede_5000 said:

let's keep it that part for manga exclusive😂
BarnaldJan 30, 2019 7:33 AM
Jan 28, 2019 11:04 AM
Jan 2019
But look what a good way to deal with her best friend has Rimuru hahaha, soon we will see the son of the dragon otaku tsundere and I don´t know why but am I the only one who likes the trio of useless "adventurers" who accompanied Shizu? whenever I see them, a small smile escapes me without realizing it.

I want to see Ramiris and Chloe soon
Jan 28, 2019 11:20 AM

Feb 2014
Milim has now acquired some casual clothes for her to wear. Admittedly, I will miss her wearing her previous outfit with the "flat" breastplate and tiny briefs, but her new outfit honestly makes her look really cute. =3

Not just that, but she was also the source of many funny moments of this episode, too. The way that she tried to explain to Rimuru about beating the crap out of Carrion's subordinate for hurting Rigurd was amusing, but she got upset when Rimuru told her that she wouldn't have lunch because of her actions. Then she went all pissy on the unconscious subordinate on the floor and Rimuru had no choice but to give her lunch so that she wouldn't cause more damage to the town. XD

More of the episode showed Youm and how he was convinced to serve Rimuru after having a look at just everyone in Rimuru's nation got along with each other so well. He had some balls to call Shion "tits" when he got mad and got a deserving whack on the head by her massive sword. ^^;

The other demon lords are making their move now that the massive creature shown in the OP has appeared. If they do tame it, I only see them using the creature to bring hell onto Rimuru's nation. Only time will tell if that does happen, but until then, I want to enjoy the peaceful, funny episodes for a bit longer. =3
Jan 28, 2019 11:28 AM
Jan 2018
Next episode most likely be the start of Charybdis
Jan 28, 2019 11:51 AM

Dec 2015
wow wow wow, slow down, slow the f*** down..............
Jan 28, 2019 12:07 PM
Jun 2009
Mattinator95 said:
Next episode most likely be the start of Charybdis

And maybe the end if they rushed it more.
Jan 28, 2019 12:16 PM

Oct 2018
The pacing for this show went from 0 to 100 real quick. What's the point of rushing the 2nd cour that quick if you've already set a decent pacing for 1st cour?
Jan 28, 2019 12:21 PM
Apr 2016
Milium is adorable, she looks like a school girl hahaha. Good episode, a lot of development & stuff.
Jan 28, 2019 12:38 PM

Dec 2016
Mass producing potions for income, great idea, they got a pretty big city now with a lot of people so the more income the better for them all.

It was funny listening to Milim while she was attacking. Her aura is pretty badass looking as well, very ominous and scary. Just praise her already lol.

I like how casually Gobta came along and killed that monster, looks more like a lobster after being cooked but whatever work I guess, everyone looks happy to eat the spider.

That's very clever by Rimuru to give up the glory of defeating the ord lord, he doesn't wasn't others out there to be wary of him and think he's a threat to the world.

Sounds like this Charybdis is a dangerous creature, and they also have to deal with the other demon lord out there, looks like a lot of trouble ahead, looking forward to seeing what happens next time.
Jan 28, 2019 12:40 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This episode sucked real bad. As one of the guys said above, the writing of this turned bad after a while. Tone the cliches down a bit for fuck's sake.

2/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 28, 2019 12:48 PM
Nov 2015
Well they skip some minor part but because 24 minute video.

I think they don't have option or all this introduction episode will take 2 episode.

Yeah just slow the fuck down please, don't force to rush if they want to fit 2 chapter in one.

It's 8 bit I'm already prepare they actually will skip some stuff.....

So this episode 3/5 I really want to see deep relationship with fake heroes but sadly they skip it. That the best parts of episode but it Got skip. Welp

Oh well at least people will try read the manga, the manga much more better than this episode.
Jan 28, 2019 12:49 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder what they are really rushing for.

They want to like ... cramp entire novel in the anime?
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jan 28, 2019 12:53 PM
Nov 2015
beast_regards said:
I wonder what they are really rushing for.

They want to like ... cramp entire novel in the anime?

Usually marketing tactics to force people buy the manga or LN.

If everything inside anime no one buy manga or LN.

but still....yeah this one need to slow down a bit.......
Jan 28, 2019 12:53 PM

Apr 2017
cchigu said:
This episode sucked real bad. As one of the guys said above, the writing of this turned bad after a while. Tone the cliches down a bit for fuck's sake.

2/5

I mean why are u complaining about cliches and the use of it if ur favorite anime is Fairy Tail which is known for the overuse of cliches (and friendship power) :v
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying if Slime has or not but for u to talk about that, having FT as favorite, doesn't seem coherent at all. But maybe that's just me and I may be wrong.
Jan 28, 2019 12:59 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Kaiser_Senpai said:
cchigu said:

2/5

I mean why are u complaining about cliches and the use of it if ur favorite anime is Fairy Tail which is known for the overuse of cliches (and friendship power) :v
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying if Slime has or not but for u to talk about that, having FT as favorite, doesn't seem coherent at all. But maybe that's just me and I may be wrong.

I like how people use "Rather than defending the series with a valid argument attack their personal taste instead" card. Nonetheless, if even a "Fairy Tail" fan figures out how cliche the series is then it is a very concerning issue isn't it?
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 28, 2019 1:06 PM

Apr 2017
cchigu said:
Kaiser_Senpai said:

I like how people use "Rather than defending the series with a valid argument attack their personal taste instead" card. Nonetheless, if even a "Fairy Tail" fan figures out how cliche the series is then it is a very concerning issue isn't it?

I said my point wasn't judging Slime, if has cliches or not. I was talking about ur comment and how u said "Tone the cliches down a bit for fuck's sake." when FT has a lot of them and I bet u didn't said that with FT top 1, just wanted to point that out. I didn't "flame" FT as well, I just pointed what people say, that's it. Don't answer me with that "Rather than defending the series with a valid argument attack their personal taste instead" when my thing was never judging the series itself but ur "coherence", if u can call it in that way xD
Peace and love bro.
Jan 28, 2019 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
redcobra said:

Yes, I understand that anime serves as advertisement for either LN or manga, and this happens more than often, but ... again, anime that are rushed are often rushed from the first episode, while this one was not. Anime took its sweet time starting, but now they are leaving out a tons of stuff because ... why, really?

I think it would work better if they didn't adapted the whole thing and let people read the manga, or light novel, if they want to see the ending. If they rush thinks, I think more people will think it doesn't make sense whatsoever and never read the source material ...

But dunno, things like this happen commonly with adaptation
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jan 28, 2019 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
Dafuq is Dante doing in this anime? (looks at Youm)

Someone about to pull my devil trigger?
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 28, 2019 1:31 PM
Feb 2014
Anyone know where I should start on the LN to pick up from this episode?
Jan 28, 2019 1:44 PM
Jan 2019
momongah said:
Anyone know where I should start on the LN to pick up from this episode?
Chapter 49&50, vol 3
Jan 28, 2019 1:51 PM

Apr 2015
Millim is so adorable in those casual clothes, however I have to say there was nothing wrong with her previous outfit! She's so obedient and gullible, I love it!

Gobta showing his skills again!

Jan 28, 2019 1:55 PM
Oct 2018
Why do people want the pace to slow down when it is already feels like a freaking snail? Nothing exciting basically happens in the manga after the orc lord arc, everything seems slice life filler in the manga now. Only the harvest arc (whatever its name was) where humans attack and the manga didn’t even reach yet is the best to end this season imo, and if they continue this pace , they might reach it
Jan 28, 2019 2:02 PM

Feb 2013
Killerjohardt said:
Fede_5000 said:
Fede_5000 said:

Because they ignore source from manga i think.
Novel source doesn't contain that kind of story
If they expressed youhm had fallen in rimuru, the next original story will be so werid(spoiler)

The anime is based on the manga version though.
Jan 28, 2019 2:15 PM

Dec 2018

2/5
what cliches? the only cliche of this episode is the loli of twintails.
Jan 28, 2019 2:16 PM

Jul 2015
gobta tho
and millim with some normal clothes .... dissapointing xd

Well...
Jan 28, 2019 2:20 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Seems news of Rimuru's new country has already reached the other realms. If you didn't any better Milim can really appear as a average teenage girl that has a huge appetite lol. Its nice that the tech level of the country is gradually rising as well. The arrogance of those lackeys sure met their match in Milim's fiery nature. Man she looks so cute on expecting to be praised. So the demon lords were the ones that were pulling the strings in the earlier conflicts. Gobta sure stole the limelight from the border corps before they can show their skill. Looks like Rimuru's plan also managed to coincide with Yoam's plan to find a place to settle his men. An interesting episode that while peaceful also did well in showing how much the town has improved and how much work Rimuru and his allies are putting in to secure trade routes and build up the economy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2019 2:44 PM
Mar 2017
Rirumu continues to obtain more allies, now the humans of two kingdoms join the treaty to cooperate with the Jura Tempest federation.
Millim looks so cute with her new clothes, at last she dresses like a normal girl.
Vesta finally achieve recreating the potion that Rimuru does, he finally has managed to correct his error and collaborated in this treaty between both sides.
Poor Rigurd, the Goblin and his kind nature does not go out, despite having his face shattered.
The allies of another demon king named Carrion arrive in the city, the bastard of Phobio attacked Rigurd and mocked the citizens and this bothered Millim and she easily knocked him out, the poor little girl wanted to be praised for her actions, but it was punished by Rimuru and to vent her frustration she was going to hit the intruder again.
Phobio is very disrespectful to Rirumu and his comrades do not like it and apparently the pact between the demon kings was broken and this angered Millim more.
I loved how Rirumu tricked Millim into talking about the other demon kings, definitely Rirumu knows how to treat children and how to make them cooperate.
At the end, Youm and his group of adventurers appear, in addition to the old comrades of Shizue, but they are attacked by a giant spider, but luckily Gobuta appears and eliminates it easily.
The meeting with the representatives of Blumund and Falmuth was very funny, Youm still does not accept the fact that a Slime is the leader of a city and he makes the mistake of offending Rirumu in front of Shion and he makes fun of the spectacular boobs of her and obviously the bodyguard of the Slime delivered the punishment corresponding to the man.
In the end Rirumu extends the invitation to humans to be able to trade and Rirumu hires Youm to use him as a screen in the incident with Orc Lord and thus more nations accept the Jura Tempest federation.
It was moving to see how monsters and humans shared and celebrated, sometimes you just need to know people a little before you get an opinion and categorize them as "good" or "bad".
In short, Youm is now the hero who killed Orc Lord with the help of Rirumu Tempest.
Clayman on the other hand prepares another plan to generate chaos and also it seems that another monster of catastrophic level and more powerful than Orc Disaster is approaching.

Today Millim had enough screen to love her more, despite being scandalous or childish, her presence has triggered several events that in the future, both near and far, will mean new challenges for the Jura Tempest federation.
You must be a soulless monster to make Millim cry, she only protected the city from a disrespectful imbecile and her best friend punishes her, poor thing.
Jan 28, 2019 2:44 PM

Dec 2007
hey, someone know the seiyuu behind the new character : Tear ?
I feel like having heard her lot of times but can't put a name.

Also great episode again, every week Tensura never cease to entertain me and with no quality drop.
Millim's confirmed best cute character for this show!

Jan 28, 2019 3:11 PM

Jul 2009
cchigu said:

2/5
Was this not obvious to you by the end of the 2nd or 3rd episode?

Personally I liked this episode a little more (though that's not saying much). The pace was really dragging there for a while. It feels like something meaningful is actually going to happen soon.
Jan 28, 2019 3:39 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Damn, you could almost say that Rimuru managed to tame Milim, I don't know if that was just to create some humor atmosphere or was is a legit ownage, but it does add to the status, even though the opening sequence says otherwise, I'(m just going to sit in here and wait for the storm to start. I guess at this point, it's inevitable.
So many allies are being made it makes me crack a genuine smile to see out Slime grow in both status and trust. I'm intrigued by this Charybdis thing, I hope they can elaborate more on that.
Jan 28, 2019 6:31 PM

Feb 2017
ManteR said:
I feel like having heard her lot of times but can't put a name.

Also great episode again, every week Tensura never cease to entertain me and with no quality drop.
Millim's confirmed best cute character for this show!

Im fairly certain Tear - Seiyuu is Hondo Kaede
Jan 28, 2019 7:03 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty dull episode overall. Some foreshadowing, but nothing really interesting this week.

My Anime Blog
Jan 28, 2019 7:14 PM
Jul 2013
Pretty cringey episode tbh I barely managed to watched this episode, the manga is far superior, I can already see how they gonna fucked up the fight against Charybdis

I'm glad most anime only people still enjoys this tho as a fan of the manga this adaptation is so-so

PS dammit they skip Milim trying different outfits

beast_regards said:
redcobra said:

Yes, I understand that anime serves as advertisement for either LN or manga, and this happens more than often, but ... again, anime that are rushed are often rushed from the first episode, while this one was not. Anime took its sweet time starting, but now they are leaving out a tons of stuff because ... why, really?

I think it would work better if they didn't adapted the whole thing and let people read the manga, or light novel, if they want to see the ending. If they rush thinks, I think more people will think it doesn't make sense whatsoever and never read the source material ...

I agree with beast regards

And imo I think the rushing should've happened in the first cour, coz in this 2nd cour is where all the important details are at

They might as well continue this pace so they can pass the manga

Fede_5000 said:

2/5

Lmao imagine complaining for clichés when your favorite show is the god of all cliché shows (Fairy Tail)

ManteR said:

Sounds like HanaKana tbh not sure tho
kramXDJan 28, 2019 7:20 PM
Jan 28, 2019 8:27 PM
Mar 2018
kramXD said:
Pretty cringey episode tbh I barely managed to watched this episode, the manga is far superior, I can already see how they gonna fucked up the fight against Charybdis

I'm glad most anime only people still enjoys this tho as a fan of the manga this adaptation is so-so

PS dammit they skip Milim trying different outfits

beast_regards said:

I agree with beast regards

And imo I think the rushing should've happened in the first cour, coz in this 2nd cour is where all the important details are at

They might as well continue this pace so they can pass the manga

Fede_5000 said:

Lmao imagine complaining for clichés when your favorite show is the god of all cliché shows (Fairy Tail)

ManteR said:

Sounds like HanaKana tbh not sure tho

They could take their time with the forest disturbancr arc but if they took another 8 ep to adapt it and end it at the vol 3 of LN. I do wonder what will happen considering that the end of vol 3 is the clichés think ever (and our journey is just beginning and stuff)

It's a tough decision you know they have finite budget and the goal is too promote the LN and manga so you can't gift everything

You can mantain the pacing and create lack luster ending or speed up the think a bit and ended at an actuall ending at vol 4 (you know hinata and stuff)

They already choose too make the best introduction as possible 8 ep vol 1 and 7 ep vol 2, they choose to give at least the begining the best treatment after all those are the basis to what to come. They only have 8 ep left until ep 23 so sacrifice need to be made

To be honest I'm here just patiently waiting for ep 24 and 25

Shizu and diablo arc
Veldora diary hm....

Their decision to sacrifice a few consistentcy for these two is ok for an LN reader like me to be honest
Jan 28, 2019 9:31 PM
Jun 2015
Yeah the last few episodes have been really rushed. Not liking that. Worst part is that it's not the production crews fault or even the producers, but the anime's committee. It's really disappointing.
BarnaldJan 30, 2019 7:30 AM
Jan 28, 2019 11:08 PM

May 2015
They got an alchemist lab too. With Rimuru, making medicinal potions is going to be a breeze. Easy money...

LOL Milim! "One hit wasn't enough! Beat him up some more!"

They're cooking the spider like a crab...

Give Youm the credit of slaying the Orc Champion and build the relations between monsters and humans more!

So this Charybdis has been summoned...and Clayman wants to try to control it? Maybe that's when Rimuru will release Veldora from his seal...
Jan 29, 2019 12:31 AM
Jan 2018
Enryu231 said:
Why do people want the pace to slow down when it is already feels like a freaking snail? Nothing exciting basically happens in the manga after the orc lord arc, everything seems slice life filler in the manga now. Only the harvest arc (whatever its name was) where humans attack and the manga didn’t even reach yet is the best to end this season imo, and if they continue this pace , they might reach it
doomrider7 said:

Yeah the last few episodes have been really rushed. Not liking that. Worst part is that it's not the production crews fault or even the producers, but the anime's committee. It's really disappointing.

They are going to reach ramaris by episode 22 and end the main story on episode 23
BarnaldJan 30, 2019 7:29 AM
Jan 29, 2019 12:50 AM
Jun 2015
Mattinator95 said:
Enryu231 said:
doomrider7 said:

They are going to reach ramaris by episode 22 and end the main story on episode 23

Yeesh. Hope not that far. They'd need to skip just about EVERYTHING from the life in the Royal Capital Arc for them to get there. That and all of the world building in terms of the monster countries progress.
BarnaldJan 30, 2019 7:29 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2018

219 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

396 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

276 by knowndisc »»
Apr 28, 7:52 AM

» Why does he choose the opposite gender? ( 1 2 )

jaisan - Oct 15, 2018

50 by Reevansingh21 »»
Apr 26, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.