Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2019 5:09 AM

May 2017
ssjokg said:
@shayed__
>, but her acting in this movie just started to annoy me. I wish her affection for Shirou wouldn't have been so extreme. The perverted scenes were unnecessary. She cried so fucking much and she always needed Shirou to come and comfort her.

Shouldnt she act like that if she is being possessed by a vast amount of curses?

Also "always" is an exaggeration since that happened like twice.

I mean I get the crying and the psycho part, but regarding the pervert things, I don't know. Like I already said, I know she's a tragic character and I liked her presence in the first movie. With the second not so much.
Jan 28, 2019 3:33 PM
Nov 2013
watched it last saturday at the cinema
it was stunning
such an amazing movie, the quality was top notch
Jan 29, 2019 2:13 PM

Mar 2016
shayed__ said:
ssjokg said:
@shayed__
>, but her acting in this movie just started to annoy me. I wish her affection for Shirou wouldn't have been so extreme. The perverted scenes were unnecessary. She cried so fucking much and she always needed Shirou to come and comfort her.

Shouldnt she act like that if she is being possessed by a vast amount of curses?

Also "always" is an exaggeration since that happened like twice.

I mean I get the crying and the psycho part, but regarding the pervert things, I don't know. Like I already said, I know she's a tragic character and I liked her presence in the first movie. With the second not so much.
is the topic of sex and sexual impulses too icky for you
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jan 30, 2019 2:02 PM

Sep 2014
Wow! The development of the story and the characters were absolutely phenomenal in this movie! The knife made me tear up.And I don't think I need to go into the darker scenes, do I? Fantastic work.
Jan 31, 2019 11:55 AM

Nov 2009
Just saw it in Tokyo theaters, and it was amazing
holy shit the shivers and tears are real
Jan 31, 2019 2:54 PM

May 2018
Where are you guys watching this?

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jan 31, 2019 3:16 PM

Apr 2010
Sachyan said:
Where are you guys watching this?

Some are seeing it in theatres where they live, it will be airing in the US in mid-March. The rest are watching a camrip through the usual torrent site.
Jan 31, 2019 9:59 PM

Sep 2013
Hmm... let's see if I can word this correctly.

I thought I made my peace with Sakura's behavior in this route, and why Shirou did what he did.
However, having reread the VN part that covers this movie, I still can't help but feel a bit repulsed by Sakura and Shirou's decisions.

I know Sakura's backstory; I know how she's a tragic hero in many ways; how awful her pain must have been; how she was trapped and afraid and felt helpless

I got all of that, but it's one thing to sympathise with the depths of hell one person has to go through, and it's another to think that hell means her life takes priority over so many innocent people. I can't shake the feeling that Sakura's actions are, in a very real way, unforgivable and even irredeemable.
I don't know what the right answer is. She's already tried killing herself and feels so much guilt over who she is and what she's doing, and yet she starts wanting to live in spite all of the lives lost because she starts to see how Shirou has accepted her and they belong together. In any other story, Sakura would die knowing that Shirou finally accepted her, but also knowing that things had to be this way and her death was for the best. Many people would shed many tears, and we would feel really bad that it had to turn out this way.
Heaven's Feel is a story of what lengths you're willing to go to in order to keep what's important to you, but when the answer is "everyone and everything is expendable" then it stops sounding like a virtue. It becomes less about devotion and more about selfishness. And yes i knoowwww Shirou and Sakura are aware of their selfishness. None of this is breaking news.
It just leaves me really conflicted. I'm left second guessing whether I should be rooting for the main characters or not. The movie uses powerful imagery like us seeing Shirou literally behead Sakura as if to say "SEE?? LOOK HOW AWFUL THE SUPERHERO ENDIND IS! THIS CAN'T BE HOW THINGS GO", but I doubt they'll give equal time to show how evil it is for Shirou to stand by passively while watching Sakura devour the entire city and not doing what's necessary to stop her.

I want to make it clear that I don't hate Sakura.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2019 10:41 PM

Apr 2012
As a someone who loves normal servant vs servant fights, I hate how the Holy Grail itself directly involved on the war. All the servants is suck, even Gilgamesh got trashed. Too much singularities that ruin the war. Darker route doesn't mean better story.

So, a NO for me. UBW >>>> HF.
にゃす!
Feb 1, 2019 1:22 AM
Aug 2017
Mickdrew said:
I can't shake the feeling that Sakura's actions are, in a very real way, unforgivable and even irredeemable.

Sakura never intentionally kills anyone and has no idea her dreams are real until she kills Shinji.
How is she unforgivable/irredeemable?
Mickdrew said:
It completely turns the idea on its head, and yeah I'm not denying that this might be the point, but it can't be moral, can it? It comes from the childish need to not sacrifice anything and keep what you want. That all the "others" can suffer, as long as your bubble is protected.

It's completely the opposite of childish. I doubt you'd find many adults who'd sacrifice their husband, wife, or children for the greater good, and anyone who could do that probably isn't a very good spouse/parent. "I won't sacrifice the ones I love, no matter what" is fundamentally the right mindset for a human being to have, even if you can engineer a moral dilemma where it doesn't maximize the total utility of the universe.
Feb 1, 2019 2:52 AM

Aug 2009
Mickdrew said:

I thought I made my peace with Sakura's behavior in this route, and why Shirou did what he did.
However, having reread the VN part that covers this movie, I still can't help but feel a bit repulsed by Sakura and Shirou's decisions.

I know Sakura's backstory; I know how she's a tragic hero in many ways; how awful her pain must have been; how she was trapped and afraid and felt helpless

I got all of that, but it's one thing to sympathise with the depths of hell one person has to go through, and it's another to think that hell means her life takes priority over so many innocent people. I can't shake the feeling that Sakura's actions are, in a very real way, unforgivable and even irredeemable.
I don't know what the right answer is. She's already tried killing herself and feels so much guilt over who she is and what she's doing, and yet she starts wanting to live in spite all of the lives lost because she starts to see how Shirou has accepted her and they belong together. In any other story, Sakura would die knowing that Shirou finally accepted her, but also knowing that things had to be this way and her death was for the best. Many people would shed many tears, and we would feel really bad that it had to turn out this way.
Heaven's Feel is a story of what lengths you're willing to go to in order to keep what's important to you, but when the answer is "everyone and everything is expendable" then it stops sounding like a virtue. It becomes less about devotion and more about selfishness. And yes i knoowwww Shirou and Sakura are aware of their selfishness. None of this is breaking news.
It just leaves me really conflicted. I'm left second guessing whether I should be rooting for the main characters or not. The movie uses powerful imagery like us seeing Shirou literally behead Sakura as if to say "SEE?? LOOK HOW AWFUL THE SUPERHERO ENDIND IS! THIS CAN'T BE HOW THINGS GO", but I doubt they'll give equal time to show how evil it is for Shirou to stand by passively while watching Sakura devour the entire city and not doing what's necessary to stop her.

Lets use the most normal situation:

You are waiting for a job interview and next to you are x number of people waiting for the same position.You know their troubles and how much they need this job.You may or may not need it as much as they do.Would you give up on it just to give one of them a chance?
You wont die,you wont get hurt in the slightest, you can look for another job and go on with your life?Would you do it?

Nyanpath said:
As a someone who loves normal servant vs servant fights, I hate how the Holy Grail itself directly involved on the war. All the servants is suck, even Gilgamesh got trashed. Too much singularities that ruin the war. Darker route doesn't mean better story.

The war always had something ruining it, even the ritual itself exists to trick the Masters and the Servants. No Fate/series had a normal war.
Feb 1, 2019 4:07 AM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:

Nyanpath said:

The war always had something ruining it, even the ritual itself exists to trick the Masters and the Servants. No Fate/series had a normal war.

I know that, but in this HF war they are just too much.
にゃす!
Feb 1, 2019 4:40 AM

Aug 2010
From what I've seen, Lost Butterfly kinda goes out of its way to make Sakura's actions be directly caused by the shadow, evident by "Sakura's dream" scene.

This is unlike in the VN where you can kinda interpret it either way, with Kirei saying that all the dark thoughts and intentions are Sakura's with the Shadow only being the amplifying force and executing hands.

And honestly, I like that they did that.

The jury is still out on this one, though, since Kirei touches on this again in the third part of the route, so they may still incorporate that uncertainty in.

But so far, ufoHF's Sakura is no Asagami Fujino. There's currently absolutely no mistaking her undeniable status as a pure victim.

Nyanpath said:
ssjokg said:

I know that, but in this HF war they are just too much.

Well, it's the culmination and payoff for why the war in Fate, UBW and Zero are so fucked up. It can't really be a normal war or even be like the previous ones when this is its main theme.

Fate always had the war as a backdrop, anyway. The ideals and moral themes were always the focus, and HF is the forerunner of the franchise for that aspect due to how it flips these things on their head and pushes everything to the cruel, yet logical, extreme.
astroprogsFeb 1, 2019 4:56 AM
Feb 1, 2019 5:05 AM

Aug 2009
Only thing ufo did was change the dream, turning it from a horror scene to a "sweet" dream.Sakura still thought those were dreams in the VN but like we do in "normal" dreams had no power over them.
Sakura still has dark thoughts and the Shadow is again the one to make them come to surface.

One of my fav non action scenes in the movie is the part where she talks to herself in the mirror and when she leaves the bathroom, we see the Shadow leaving instead of her own normal shadow.

Nasu talked about the blackening before too.Kirei messing with someone isnt new.Remider that he implied that Shirou desires the existence of a villain in order to become a hero.
Feb 1, 2019 10:34 AM

May 2015
Mickdrew said:

To the contrary, I think adapting MoS into Shirou's dream helps to demonstrate to the audience how Shirou is demonizing himself. We know it's not an appropriate ending narratively, but thematically it's there to say, "SEE!THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD END, BUT I DON'T WANT IT TO". The fact that we Shirou even having it is enough for anyone to know what an abhorrently bad decision he's making. Regardless, I can find myself rooting for him whether he wins/loses because the route humanizes him more so than any other since he's protecting an actual person rather than a vague ideal.

Feb 1, 2019 12:26 PM

Sep 2013
Remirror said:
Mickdrew said:
I can't shake the feeling that Sakura's actions are, in a very real way, unforgivable and even irredeemable.

Sakura never intentionally kills anyone and has no idea her dreams are real until she kills Shinji.
How is she unforgivable/irredeemable?[/spoiler]

Not sure if you're just basing this on the movie, but in the VN it's make very clear what's going on to Shirou when he almost stabs her. Even before then, Kirei and Rin repeat again and again that people *will die* and it's only a matter of time. They even go a step further and say Sakura cannot be saved - which of course isn't how things turned out, but at that moment, all Shirou knew was only a miracle could save her, and many people would die whether she is saved or not. So all the people she killed after swallowing Gilgamesh? That's all a direct result of Shirou stopping Rin in the church.
I really don't believe you need to become Kiritsugu to think Sakura is a necessary sacrifice. The VN gives you that dichotomy, and I don't buy it. The choice is not "protect people you care about" vs "become Archer and kill anyone you need to for your ideal".

Mickdrew said:
It completely turns the idea on its head, and yeah I'm not denying that this might be the point, but it can't be moral, can it? It comes from the childish need to not sacrifice anything and keep what you want. That all the "others" can suffer, as long as your bubble is protected.

It's completely the opposite of childish. I doubt you'd find many adults who'd sacrifice their husband, wife, or children for the greater good, and anyone who could do that probably isn't a very good spouse/parent. "I won't sacrifice the ones I love, no matter what" is fundamentally the right mindset for a human being to have, even if you can engineer a moral dilemma where it doesn't maximize the total utility of the universe.

I get what you're saying. This is something a lot of people debate about when it pops up in other media. I remember thinking over the same thing at the end of The Last of Us when you choose to save someone you care about over the "greater good".
It's true that many - maybe even most - would choose to save the person they care about instead, but that doesn't mean it's the "adult" thing to do. Just take a moment and think about all those civilians that died. They all have people who care about them too - maybe just as much as Shirou cares about Sakura and maybe even more. You are choosing to take that away from hundreds of people. At least Sakura being sacrificed is a decision she and Shirou can make; these civilians have no say in anything. They are the price to pay for Sakura living, and they have no way of altering the result.
I think this is what bugs me so much about it. Many civilians are losing family/spouses who they love just as much as Shirou and Sakura love each other. What right do either of them have to judge their love and their happiness as being a greater priority than anyone else's?

You certainly don't need to become Kiritsugu to understand this.

ssjokg said:
Mickdrew said:

Lets use the most normal situation:

You are waiting for a job interview and next to you are x number of people waiting for the same position.You know their troubles and how much they need this job.You may or may not need it as much as they do.Would you give up on it just to give one of them a chance?
You wont die,you wont get hurt in the slightest, you can look for another job and go on with your life?Would you do it?.

There are elements that are similar... since you're prioritizing what you care about what other people want, but there are other elements that don't make them comparable:
- You are fighting for a job, but you do not take away everyone else's ability to get another job by getting this one. They can still go fine one even if they don't get this one. This is different from Sakura where she is cause people to literally *die.* They are gone forever.
You could make the comparison a little better by adding the qualifier that this is the only job available an everyone who doesn't get it will starve to death. That makes the two cases very similar, but...
- The job is open for people to apply for. Only one person is going to get it. It's not a situation where "you get a job or everyone else but you gets one". Only one person will receive it in any case, so why not apply? Presumably, the best qualified or best positioned person will get the job, so if that's you, then you have just as much of a right as anyone else to try and get it.
- Like I said, everyone applying has a chance to get the job. Even if you are the one who wins, the others were able to choose to go for it and had a fighting chance. They aren't being wiped out by Shadow Sakura in a mass murder, they have a chance to make their case.

astroprogs said:
From what I've seen, Lost Butterfly kinda goes out of its way to make Sakura's actions be directly caused by the shadow, evident by "Sakura's dream" scene.

This is unlike in the VN where you can kinda interpret it either way, with Kirei saying that all the dark thoughts and intentions are Sakura's with the Shadow only being the amplifying force and executing hands.

And honestly, I like that they did that.

The jury is still out on this one, though, since Kirei touches on this again in the third part of the route, so they may still incorporate that uncertainty in.

But so far, ufoHF's Sakura is no Asagami Fujino. There's currently absolutely no mistaking her undeniable status as a pure victim.

Sakura is, unquestionably, a victim. She's a textbook example of a tragic hero - in the VN and the movies.

ImbalancedEmblem said:
Mickdrew said:

To the contrary, I think adapting MoS into Shirou's dream helps to demonstrate to the audience how Shirou is demonizing himself. We know it's not an appropriate ending narratively, but thematically it's there to say, "SEE!THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD END, BUT I DON'T WANT IT TO". The fact that we Shirou even having it is enough for anyone to know what an abhorrently bad decision he's making. Regardless, I can find myself rooting for him whether he wins/loses because the route humanizes him more so than any other since he's protecting an actual person rather than a vague ideal.

I can see why it looks that way, but if that was true we wouldn't see Shirou beheading her like an bloody ISIS member. It was deliberately shown to be shocking, not anything noble or necessary. It definitely humanizes Shirou and it's a *great* moment character-wise, but again it's presenting the false dichotomy that you either be Kiritsugu or let innocent people die. Those are not the only choices, even if Shirou sees it that way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2019 12:45 PM

Aug 2009
@Mickdrew

>What right do either of them have to judge their love and their happiness as being a greater priority than anyone else's?

Here is the thing.Why should they care? Prioritizing others isnt the adult thing either and, hell, that is what the full story of FSN portrays as something wrong.
And personally I find it wrong to call self sacrifice of any similar kind the "adult" thing to do.

>but again it's presenting the false dichotomy that you either be Kiritsugu or let innocent people die.

A few moments ago they didnt even know all that is happening and he doesnt really know any other way.
Feb 1, 2019 1:26 PM

Sep 2013
ssjokg said:
@Mickdrew

>What right do either of them have to judge their love and their happiness as being a greater priority than anyone else's?

Here is the thing.Why should they care? Prioritizing others isnt the adult thing either and, hell, that is what the full story of FSN portrays as something wrong.
And personally I find it wrong to call self sacrifice of any similar kind the "adult" thing to do.

>but again it's presenting the false dichotomy that you either be Kiritsugu or let innocent people die.

A few moments ago they didnt even know all that is happening and he doesnt really know any other way.

Self-sacrifice to save a group of people is universally praised and is seen as one of, if not the most noble things a person could do. It depends if that's what you consider to be "adult", but it's definitely an enlightened.
I don't really know what they could do either. I'm not saying they're bad people unless Sakura sacrifices herself because I understand why she didn't. I honestly don't know if I'd be able to do it if I was in their place. What Sakura endured is nothing short of misery and it's horrible to think that she lives in mortal terror no matter what she does. Shirou is literally the only person who brings some light to her life.

But look at the other side of things. Let's pretend for the sake of argument that something like Heaven's Feel actually took place in the real world. So all those deaths really happens.
Take Shirou and Sakura and stand them infront of a line of family members who have just had their whole world crushed by what Sakura has done. They are in tears and destroyed because they just lost the most important person in their entire life in an instant. Hundreds of people just like this. And Shirou's need to save just Sakura is the reason for it.
What could be said to them? What justification could anybody make to those people?

Like I said, I don't know if I'd be brave enough to sacrifice myself, or let go of the person I love the most either. What I do know is if I couldn't, and if I was so scared that I couldn't do the "noble thing", I would spend the rest of my life crushed and so guilt ridden that I don't even know how I'd live with myself.
You want to talk about Shirou's survivors guilt after the Fuyuki fire? Imagine if he was right to blame himself and it wasn't just a psychological complex
Feb 1, 2019 2:47 PM

Aug 2009
>Self-sacrifice to save a group of people is universally praised and is seen as one of, if not the most noble things a person could do. It depends if that's what you consider to be "adult", but it's definitely an enlightened.

That's because those saved by that action think so that way. Most if not all family members,loved ones etc would hate it.

>What could be said to them? What justification could anybody make to those people?

The reverse is also true.Can those people ask Shirou and Rin(who beneath her duty persona wants Sakura to live)to kill Sakura?

This is just a numbers "game".No life has more value than another. Saying that 1 should die so that 1, 10, 100 or 1000 should survive is illogical.Who are those people and why should someone care about them?
If you ARE in that position and you make the decision to kill your most loved person do you think the ones saved would feel anything for you?They may praise you, but they wont feel guilty for "pushing" you to do it and will never think what you will do from that point forward.
No matter what you pick you will be in a living hell.But in one version of it you wont be alone.

Feb 1, 2019 8:03 PM
Feb 2019
I think you can't really attribute it either way in this discussion. They DO care about the people sacrificed, that is shown both in the VN and movie, but they ALSO want to be happy. It's not as simple as saying 'do they have the right to keep their happiness over others' when actively, this situation is brought on by the Holy Grail, and people who laud its prestige and want the wish. Which people often forget include Rin and Saber. They, no matter what their idealistic platitudes show, condone such a war, knowing that innocent lives may be taken as a result of it, yet they were never scrutinized thusly.

HF is pretty much flatly a bad situation stemming from bad history, period. Sakura also never needed to die because there were alternatives due to the system itself being corrupted. That is inarguable. It's like trying to treat a symptom, and not the disease to go for just killing her. And its disingenuous to act like one would be sad about the sacrifice when you plead for their death.
Feb 2, 2019 1:10 AM
Aug 2017
Mickdrew said:
Not sure if you're just basing this on the movie, but in the VN it's make very clear what's going on to Shirou when he almost stabs her. Even before then, Kirei and Rin repeat again and again that people *will die* and it's only a matter of time. They even go a step further and say Sakura cannot be saved - which of course isn't how things turned out, but at that moment, all Shirou knew was only a miracle could save her, and many people would die whether she is saved or not. So all the people she killed after swallowing Gilgamesh? That's all a direct result of Shirou stopping Rin in the church.
I really don't believe you need to become Kiritsugu to think Sakura is a necessary sacrifice. The VN gives you that dichotomy, and I don't buy it. The choice is not "protect people you care about" vs "become Archer and kill anyone you need to for your ideal".

Why are you talking about Shirou's decision here? I was asking why you thought Sakura was irredeemable and unforgivable.

Anyway, during the church scene, nobody except maybe Kirei was certain that sparing Sakura would cause deaths. Shirou and Rin didn't know about the shadow; all they knew was that Sakura seemed likely to go out of control like in the school hostage scene at some point. There was no guarantee that would actually happen, and it didn't. Shirou was well within his rights to pick Sakura over some deaths that might possibly happen in the future. It really would take a Kiritsugu to kill a loved one that easily.
Mickdrew said:
I get what you're saying. This is something a lot of people debate about when it pops up in other media. I remember thinking over the same thing at the end of The Last of Us when you choose to save someone you care about over the "greater good".
It's true that many - maybe even most - would choose to save the person they care about instead, but that doesn't mean it's the "adult" thing to do. Just take a moment and think about all those civilians that died. They all have people who care about them too - maybe just as much as Shirou cares about Sakura and maybe even more. You are choosing to take that away from hundreds of people. At least Sakura being sacrificed is a decision she and Shirou can make; these civilians have no say in anything. They are the price to pay for Sakura living, and they have no way of altering the result.
I think this is what bugs me so much about it. Many civilians are losing family/spouses who they love just as much as Shirou and Sakura love each other. What right do either of them have to judge their love and their happiness as being a greater priority than anyone else's?

You certainly don't need to become Kiritsugu to understand this.

Of course they can judge their love and happiness as being a greater priority than anyone else's! That's how human beings are supposed to function. No man loves his wife and every other woman in the world equally, and no mother loves every child in the world as much as her own. Nobody has a right to expect Shirou to stick a knife in the person he loves most in the world in order to protect them.
Feb 2, 2019 1:02 PM
Jan 2013
Just came out of the theater and the movie sure did not disappoint. My hand was frozen ready to grab some popcorn during the whole watch because I was so into it. Hoping third movie will follow the pattern of being even better than its predecessor.

When Sakura killed Shinji, everybody in the (completely filled) theater started applauding, myself included. Obviously wasn't that fun for Sakura but it sure was satisfying to see him finally get what he deserved.
PingypuffFeb 2, 2019 1:45 PM
Feb 3, 2019 2:34 AM

Aug 2015
I liked the first movie, but this was truly amazing in every aspect.
Feb 4, 2019 2:43 PM

Aug 2015
Aure0lin said:
I thought the masturbation scene wasn't really needed. Even though they did the mana transfer with the blood licking it was kinda implied that sex could be used for it too, but in the end that just resulted in Sakura masturbating, since the sex was purely out of love.
Feb 4, 2019 3:23 PM

Mar 2016
Heavens_Kairyu said:
Aure0lin said:
I thought the masturbation scene wasn't really needed. Even though they did the mana transfer with the blood licking it was kinda implied that sex could be used for it too, but in the end that just resulted in Sakura masturbating, since the sex was purely out of love.
sakura's always in need of mana because of the unstable holy grail in her, she just also wanted to do it with the person she loved and the love was the priority
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 8, 2019 8:15 AM

Nov 2016
Wtf Gilgamesh is weak af, he easily eaten by Sakura
Feb 8, 2019 8:50 AM

Oct 2014
revyHOLiC said:

the shadow is a spiritual being’s natural enemy, and it had grown larger during the course of the grail war so far.
Gil picked a fight he couldn’t win
Feb 8, 2019 9:42 AM

Nov 2016
Shayon said:
revyHOLiC said:

the shadow is a spiritual being’s natural enemy, and it had grown larger during the course of the grail war so far.
how they beat those shadow? Pls spoil me
Feb 8, 2019 12:06 PM

Oct 2014
revyHOLiC said:
Shayon said:

i don’t recommend it. just wait a year for the third movie, or read the VN

if you still want spoilers, then send me a PM i guess
Feb 11, 2019 11:21 AM

Jun 2017
Holy Sh*t, Salter vs Heracles was an amazing fight
Besides that.. almost no real fight... that doesn't have to be a bad thing tho

Waiting until 2020 is like torture
Feb 12, 2019 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
Great movie. The director has done everything right and especially Sakura's character shined. 10/10
Feb 12, 2019 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
Shayon said:
revyHOLiC said:

I thought he could've beat the shadow if he used EA?
Feb 13, 2019 3:55 AM

Oct 2014
Made-In-Heaven said:
Shayon said:

I thought he could've beat the shadow if he used EA?

i mean, sure
if gil went out of character and used it against sakura or the shadow, then yeah

but he only uses Ea against opponents he judges to be worthy, and by the time he realised he fucked up, it was too late
Feb 13, 2019 9:17 AM

Mar 2016
revyHOLiC said:
Shayon said:

Feb 18, 2019 8:24 AM
Feb 2016
Oh fuck i love Archer so much in this movie. Overall great movie so much info dump tho and i need more seibahhh!! Poor my goldie boy fuck demmit
Anguish_one7Feb 18, 2019 8:48 AM
Feb 20, 2019 12:12 AM
Jul 2007
Best...anime...movie I've ever seen mostly because of that saber alter vs berserker fight....holy moly.
Insertanamehere said:
The choreography and animation was insane and amazing too, better than even Apocryphas Karna and Sieg imo.

I know we all got opinions, but I can't believe you would even dare compare that piece of turd low budget fight animated by A-1 in Apocrypha to this masterpiece. And I intend to sound as arrogant as Gil with my statement. One was rushed shoddy TV animation where you could barely tell what was going on. And this movie fight obvioulsy had a thousand times more budget and effort put into it; they didn't look like distorted stick figures and were consistently animated.
eraltergFeb 20, 2019 12:56 AM
Feb 23, 2019 1:10 PM

Jun 2013
Just got done at the LA primier, fucking AMAZING movie. 10/10
Feb 23, 2019 6:44 PM

May 2016
LuffyZoro said:
Just got done at the LA primier, fucking AMAZING movie. 10/10
Same bro, I saw the 2:30 screening. It’ll be interesting to see what happens next. I mean in UBW Shirou followed his ideals to the end, but in HF he couldn’t if that meant killing Sakura. Can’t wait for next film
Feb 24, 2019 8:01 AM
Oct 2018
Just watched the movie yesterday in Paris. I was stunned. Can't wait for the third !
Feb 24, 2019 11:09 AM

Jan 2017
Watched it yesterday, at Paris premiere, SO F*** GOOD! I would love to watch it again right now, but we need to wait few months for the blu-ray. Also this will be one long year of wait for the Spring Song...

Hello my fellow baguette! I was also there.

Supa_Dorifuto said:
Just watched the movie yesterday in Paris. I was stunned. Can't wait for the third !
Feb 26, 2019 11:02 PM

May 2015
Finally got to see a premiere a few days ago(might see it again in March). I'm just gonna segment my non-spoiler thoughts into pros/cons, so that my opinion comes across coherently enough.

Pros:
>Masterful storyboarding. There were several scenes that appropriately gave the general context of a situation without there needing a word to be said. How several characters are framed gave away their disposition away and you could FEEL what they felt. The main thing that these movies have completely knocked out of the park compared to UBW. Of course this point is primarily referring to scenes not associated with action

>Speaking of action, best action cuts within all the Fate adaptations. Unlike Lancer vs TA which had awkward cuts like fighting on a damn truck, the fight at the Einzbern Castle clearly established the combatants strengths/weaknesses more appropriately within the context of the encounter and nothing broke the immersion.

>Relates to previous point, but this movie just had good fanservice! Usually Ufotable fanservice is hit or miss, but this movie was mostly good in that department.

>Kajiura magic. The general chorus for several of her pieces can be a bit monotonous, but her presence in this film was a MUST.

>Great cliffhanger. I thought they'd go a bit further until the end of Day 14, but where they stopped will leave me anxious for a year.

Cons:

Weird pacing. I put this at the top of my cons because it'll have fleeting effects on some of my other points. Generally wasnt a fan of some IMPORTANT exposition being skipped because of the "show, don't tell" excuse(specifically the explanation of the GArm).

>Weird pacing and runtime hurt characters screentime. Two specifically got butchered, but I'm willing to forgive depending on how the last movie goes. Also not a fan of how the movies are handling Zouken and his methodology of navigating this war.

> Cgi looks awkward at certain sections. Wish I could timestamp, but this is more of a nitpick.

Overall, 9/10. If SS delivers, this will be THE BEST ufotable product to date. Till then, great movie that was the highlight of Feb and maybe March after a rewatch.

Mar 2, 2019 9:09 AM

Mar 2010
It was soooooooooo good. I loved the first one, but this one was even more amazing.

I'm glad ufotable didn't hold back on any violence or lewd stuff, and also managed to make those things serve the plot really well.

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Mar 10, 2019 8:24 PM
Jan 2011
Is this out on any websites?
Mar 11, 2019 2:09 AM

Oct 2014
xsilicon9 said:
Is this out on any websites?

pirate anime sites have cam-rips of the entire movie with subs, which are just taken from torrents

if you don't want cam-rips then you either watch it in theaters or wait for BD release, which is presumably 5-6 months from now
Mar 11, 2019 8:49 PM
Mar 2019
this anime is so good!!
I think...so...I want see Other than Sakura's story, Iriya and Shiro's story is the highlight
I was sad to see it....
Mar 14, 2019 6:17 PM

Apr 2014
Just saw it in theatres, 10/10 Salter is way too OP to be just a 4* servant in FGO. I need more Illya.

Mar 14, 2019 6:40 PM

Mar 2019
movie so so so so so so good omggg !!!
ufatabol ALWAYS so good art...
i go crazy for SABER dark, so cool attacks and vs berserkar
sakura also so beautiful... but scary o_o ? ending...
WOW archer (zero/gilga) one yappai shot D:
but super good good movie, 9.99/10 <3
Mar 14, 2019 6:57 PM

Dec 2014
Just saw it in theaters as well. Great movie, I was totally hooked during the second half.

Goddamn, I thought the first movie was dark but this took it a step further.

The first half hour or rather 15 minutes were I think the weakest part of the movie. It felt like they were struggling to keep the tension from the end of the first movie going. I somehow felt like things were either happening too slow or too fast during those 15 minutes but the moment the Shinji confrontation at school happened. The movie went full force. xD

The SAlter vs Heracles fight was incredible, loved the battle sequence and holy god Ufotable decided to use hand drawn explosions/beams instead of mixing up crazy amount of CG (which still look good) like they usually do so mega props for that. Thank you and like finally. XD
The animation was spectacular, SAlter's beams were just a delight for me to watch. That final Excalibur Morgan was just so many levels of awesome. xDD

OrangeJP said:
Just saw it in theatres, 10/10 Salter is way too OP to be just a 4* servant in FGO. I need more Illya.

+1 , though I think HF SAlter is powered up by the grail to be way stronger than she's supposed to be.

I guess my biggest problem with Heaven's Feel as a whole is just that I can't feel for Sakura as a character. I might've been bawling my eyes out if it was either Saber or Rin but for some reason I've always had this sort of neutral stance towards Sakura as a character. I don't dislike her but at the same time I'm not particularly a fan of her B.B. best kouhai though XD.
I do feel sorry for everything that's happened to her but how do I put this, I'm not really routing for her getting a happy end. In fact I'm just interested in where the story is heading but I'm not particularly invested in the story for the character itself.

It was interesting to see Shirou conflicted with himself if he should risk sacrificing everything just so Sakura can live, the scene with him holding up the knife was extremely well done.
The scene with Sakura's dream caught me totally off guard and damn Gil, he got destroyed. Of all people, Gil got completely decimated like that. XD

I am a little confused on certain plot points which I felt Zouken explained rather vaguely. Hopefully someone can correct/answer my statements/questions.
The Black Thing, the huge thing with all the tentacles and the Sakura/Shadow are two different things right? One is a manifestation of the Grail from this war and the other Shadow is basically a manifestation of the grail Zouken has been growing inside Sakura for all these years. Zouken talks about a gate and the grail, he mentions the grail is impenetrable but if we can destroy the gate then we have a chance? His plan was to destroy the gate using a piece of the grail? This is kinda where I got confused, is the goal to just kill Sakura or use her as a sacrifice to eliminate the 'gate'. Is Sakura a part of the grail itself or she just like a catalyst that they can use to stop the grail's havoc. Are Sakura's Shadow and the black loch ness monster part of the same thing or are they two different entities? It seems as though there are implication pointing to both sides or I'm just misunderstanding something really badly.

Great movie overall, can't wait for the final one.
8/10
Mar 14, 2019 7:11 PM

Apr 2007
I have no issues with them changing stuff here and there, but I just don't understand why they had Ilya appear when Shiro was searching for Sakura in the rain. Talk about awkward.

And they cut out the entire church scene after Shiro got Archer's arm, and replaced it with a comedic moment. I enjoyed the original part, but oh well.

I loved Archer's glorified ending, which was rather simple in the VN, and that they finally stopped holding back on the sexual stuff. I laughed when I saw the jellyfish in Sakura's dream though. Even if I was kind of put off by that part in general.

Overall it was an enjoyable movie. Just over a year for the finale~ I still have to read the last part of HF too. Hopefully this summer...
Mar 14, 2019 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
Just saw it in the theaters as well like the previous commenters and gotta say that I'm left speechless and it is probably better than the 1st movie imo. I can't wait for the 3rd movie because that cliffhanger stopped right at the best moment feelsbadman

Edit: Also Aimer's song is eargasmic as always. Can't wait for what she has to offer us in the final movie
removed-userMar 14, 2019 8:06 PM
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anyone find Sakura Matou annoying or It just me? [Spoilers] ( 1 2 3 4 )

PrideRoyalIvy - May 21, 2019

187 by Adatius »»
Mar 15, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Why do so less people like Sakura in comparison to Saber and Tohsaka? Which do you like?

Shizokami2 - Apr 8, 2020

49 by _PEAK »»
Mar 15, 3:32 AM

» If I hear "senpai" one more time....

ColCasey - Sep 20, 2023

18 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:57 PM

» About this trilogy so far, it's kinda meh to me.

Huyen_Thanh_27 - Jun 27, 2020

18 by dk107_ »»
Sep 7, 2023 11:28 PM

» Help

Ginsoka - Aug 4, 2021

1 by TheDeadmanII »»
Aug 4, 2021 10:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.