Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, so pretty much everyone is teaming up against that monster. Tons of action as I had expected for this episode.

They pretty much threw in all the emotions into the battle since the buildup. Eh, I feel really mixed and underwhelmed by this season in general. Also kinda rushed too.

Dec 28, 2018 2:53 PM

Aug 2012
That final battle was way too easy and quick.
Dec 28, 2018 3:54 PM

Dec 2009
it was rushed, shoulda used the last two eps but they tried to fit both the final battle and post battle fun into it...
Dec 28, 2018 4:25 PM

Aug 2013
meh, at least it was decent screen filler and uncensored entertainment; probably the last quality thing we'll get out of this franchise as a whole thanks to censorship
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 28, 2018 7:22 PM

Jul 2017
Overall, I wasn't as impressed with this season as the first, from a story or fan service standpoint. It was interesting to see Fubuki and Yumi's interactions throughout. I'm curious about the AsukaxYumi pairing all of a sudden as well... Yumi wants Asuka's sword in her shield apparently, but as a faithful HomuraxAsuka shipper, I cannot stand for it. Stahp.

The final episode was good, one of those final episodes that shows they had it in them all along to make some decent anime. It didn't show enough in the earlier episodes, unfortunately. For being entertaining to watch every week, at least, and for being SK, I'll give it 6/10 instead of 5.

Now have some hometown. Hibari's really packing *whistles*

Dec 28, 2018 7:53 PM

Aug 2016
It was worse than the first season, this has a lot of responsibility TNK, bad choice.
Dec 29, 2018 6:03 AM

May 2012
I hope it get a 3rd season
Dec 29, 2018 3:00 PM

Jul 2013
Without a doubt the worst anime of this season. I couldn't believe they made this worse than season 1. The payoff of Fuuma's character arc kinda felt off putting. The other characters that isn't Yumi was more or less worthless except probably Asuka. Overall, this season of SK was really disappointing.

1/10

Dec 30, 2018 12:14 PM

Apr 2014
i love senran kagura

but this season was nice but it could have been so much better as there was just some things they could have just did a lot better on like the art/animation for 1 i mean god how i wish it has the animation of season 1 and how good it looked

but with that said im hoping this aint the last anime this series gets and if we do get more im hoping they do it alot better than this

like i said it was nice but could have been a lot better but over all i did enjoy it as i love senran kagura

only other thing... i dont hate Yumi but i really dont like how much things focus on her more than anyone else Asuka and her group imo are always the mc's even when it started happening in the games got kinda annoyed but in the end i love all the characters but just sucks how 1 gets more than all the others in the least i would like all the leaders to have bigger roles with the support of their groups

but anyway am looking forward to the future of senran kagura just hoping they dont like sony ruin things for them
"one step at a time"
Dec 30, 2018 7:42 PM

Apr 2014
Still the greatest collection of eyes ever
Jan 2, 2019 7:28 PM

Feb 2014
So, this had a plot... even more interesting than Goblin Slayer plot (which was kind of plain and ordinary).

I was about to give this a 6 until the plot showed himself.

Now I have mixed feelings.

The art and animation were very inconsistent. They were better in the first episodes then it became bad to average.
If this had season the art and animation of season 01 it would have been nicer.

It's been a time since I watched season 01, but I remember enjoying season 01 more than this season.
So I guess I'll give this a 6/10

I struggle with myself when I think that this could have been much better since I liked Yumi and Fubuki backstory.
TechOtakuJan 2, 2019 7:53 PM
Jan 5, 2019 9:30 PM

Oct 2008
Nice ending!
Homura & Miyabi also knew how to do Fuma Korin!
And Yumi finally settled their showdown between Fubuki!
looks like all wells that ends well!
And that's it!

and now welcome Winter season 2019! yosh!

5/5.
7/10.

Jan 29, 2019 5:15 PM

Aug 2013
Perfect. S2 got everything the games had and actually made things so much better and enjoyable. If S3 comes out, I hope that it stays that way.
Jan 29, 2019 7:17 PM

Jan 2019
I wasn't a huge fan of this season. Much the game series now, it concentrated on Yumi way too much, with other (more interesting) characters getting sidelined and reduced to glorified cameos.

I was happy towards the end that Miyabi wasn't so easily swayed by Asuka on the whole yoma issue, it really did make her seem stronger willed compared to the other school's leaders.

That being said, it was still enjoyable to see more of this great game series animated (and uncensored!) and I hope for more in the future!
Mar 10, 2019 10:43 PM
Mar 2017
Every single episode make my Shinobi hard XD. Too bad it's not the same studio anymore but I enjoyed it. Season 3 pls.

8/10
Apr 11, 2019 6:22 PM

May 2012
Nothing too special for an ending, action wise it was okay, but still in general it was just really lacking, even more so than the first season.

The rather meh overused fan service and generic progression with bland action really makes this second season in my opinion even worse than the first.

Really nothing impressed me and the fact that the service actually started to bother me at an early point really didn't make it any better.

Oh well, glad this is over with to be honest.
May 17, 2019 12:35 PM

Sep 2012
this us not sequel to the first1, more like spinoff or alt ver, the info sayingbits sequel is false
May 27, 2019 3:02 PM

Feb 2015
This anime was disappointing... very bad. I wish it was made by Artland but there's nothing to be done about that.

Whenever 7even comes out and they make a real 2nd season, I hope it's made by a studio that actually cares because as far as I'm concerned, this doesn't exist.
May 28, 2019 10:27 AM

Jan 2019
iDensity said:
This anime was disappointing... very bad. I wish it was made by Artland but there's nothing to be done about that.

Whenever 7even comes out and they make a real 2nd season, I hope it's made by a studio that actually cares because as far as I'm concerned, this doesn't exist.

Yeppers, I wasn't happy with this season in the least. I enjoyed it on a basic level, simply because its nice to see the girls animated, but just like the first season it felt extremely listless and dull.
I hope that the whole 'Yoma are not bad and we shouldn't kill them' idea won't be considered canon or get put into future games since that would destroy so much of what the previous games built up on.
Jun 3, 2019 1:02 AM

Aug 2017
5/10. Too much Yumi. Youma are bad. Crimson Homura owns.

Oct 16, 2019 5:08 PM
May 2018
It was crap.

Too much focus on Yumi, and Asuka.
Jan 1, 2020 4:30 PM

Apr 2015
Not sure if this is considered a necro, but here goes. As a Senran fan, is the anime worth watching or nah? I see mostly "no" but just want to check for sure.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 7, 2020 11:52 PM

Jan 2019
Tropisch said:
Not sure if this is considered a necro, but here goes. As a Senran fan, is the anime worth watching or nah? I see mostly "no" but just want to check for sure.

Late reply, but whatever. The show isn't worth your time TBH unless you are a fan of Yumi, as no other character does anything to be relevant to the plot. But I am a ravenous Ryoubi fan so I'm biased.

Unless the (probably never happening) Senran Kagura 7 has something to do with the terrible "Yoma are decent creatures" plot I would ignore this alltogether as I just ended up getting pissed at how nerfed everybody (even Kagura) is.
Jan 8, 2020 2:07 AM

Apr 2015
DiscoDespot said:
Tropisch said:

Late reply, but whatever. The show isn't worth your time TBH unless you are a fan of Yumi, as no other character does anything to be relevant to the plot. But I am a ravenous Ryoubi fan so I'm biased.

Unless the (probably never happening) Senran Kagura 7 has something to do with the terrible "Yoma are decent creatures" plot I would ignore this alltogether as I just ended up getting pissed at how nerfed everybody (even Kagura) is.

Ah, thanks then. A shame it has to focus on just one character, all of the character's are interesting, what a waste.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 27, 2020 8:21 AM

Aug 2009
After watching this anime I discovered true meaning of justice: BOOBIES ARE JUSTICE!
Pupupupu~
Nov 7, 2020 1:22 PM

Apr 2013
Not a surprise how it ended, didn't expect the big focus on Yumi this season though. I think she did not appear in the first season at all, just in the OVA?

Overall a disappointment after a very good first season. TNK did a pretty bad job with this, no wonder Highschool DxD season 4 got a new animation studio. 3/10
Jun 30, 2021 9:40 AM

Feb 2020
Decent finale, but the first season was better. The plot was somewhat boring, and this season was too focused on Yumi. She wasn't really an interesting character.

I was also disappointed because the main cast from the first season didn't get much screen time except for Asuka and perhaps Katsuragi. I especially missed Katsuragi because she is my favorite character along with Hibari.

Well, at least the fanservice was better.

SerafosDec 5, 2023 4:31 AM
Jul 19, 2021 10:42 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
FANTASTIC conclusion, and much better than Season 1
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 27, 2021 9:59 AM
Dec 2020
Maybe iam 2 years late, But i'll give this a conclusion.

But first, How did in episode 10 Yumi and Fubuki having a nice casual bath then in episode 11 to 12 they fight like an sworn enemy? Bruh, they did it so quick.

But, overall, as an new enthusiast to senran kagura, I love both of the first and this "second season" anime maybe (but tbh i loved the first season more) And of course the fanservice is Very very very entertaining.

As an suggestion, i think they should make this anime more interesting (and would be awesome if they could make another one) By Focusing on the side characters too, because it's a lot of them and in this series i think everyone knows this only focuses on Yumi and Asuka. They should make some little story about the many of this interesting side characters.

Maybe i'll give this a 7/10, because i felt the battle feels so quick. But still very enjoyable. OP was a banger and ED very heartwarming

(Thanks to this series i got a plenty of waifu , my currently waifu now is Haruka & Ryōna :3)

Edit : I think the game is more enjoyable than the anime of course.
Sep 28, 2021 8:12 AM

Jan 2013
one word, masterpiece.
May 3, 2022 1:21 PM

Aug 2018
Will there ever be peace among shinobi and youma?.. It can't be that everyone are fighting, because of revenge they want to have, right?..
Overall, season was fun with lots of boobs.. Seeing it just as a casual thing is nice, I think.. It's not even necessary was hot a lot of times.. It was just comfy to me personally - that characters were so alright with nudity being a normal part of their lives..
Also was nice to see new characters.. I wasn't sure how to feel about Yumi, for example, after OVA.. But after second season I feel better about her.. She got lots of screen time, maybe the most out of characters.. So of course I started to feel her better as a person.. I wouldn't call her my most liked one for now.. But I can see how she can be among popular ones, if she's treated in games just as well as in this season.. Huge focus on her certainly helps to warm up to character..
Either way.. Was nice to get feel of some of the more characters.. I think I started liking some of them more.. Wish there would be even more of some of them.. But there maybe will be more Senran Kagura anime in the future.. Or, if anything, there are also games.. ;P But for now - season was enjoyable.. ;P
Aug 1, 2023 8:34 PM

Aug 2013
God, I wish they could combine the story from season 1 with ecchi elements from season 2. I don't like this Yoma story and Asuka was acting so out of character, it was frustrating to watch. Watched this for Ryona mostly.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Tokyo Youma-hen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2018

14 by Wantiid7 »»
Oct 13, 2023 8:53 AM

Poll: » Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Tokyo Youma-hen Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2018

19 by Foreall908 »»
Oct 2, 2023 5:57 AM

Poll: » Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Tokyo Youma-hen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2018

13 by 0451 »»
Aug 4, 2023 4:26 AM

Poll: » Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Tokyo Youma-hen Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2018

11 by Gendolfas »»
May 3, 2022 12:41 PM

Poll: » Senran Kagura Shinovi Master: Tokyo Youma-hen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2018

16 by Gendolfas »»
May 3, 2022 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.