Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2018 3:07 PM

Oct 2010
Overall it was pretty good but the ending was another dull non-ending. Would've enjoyed it more if they extended it via OVA or another full cour to have a proper ending.

Also a shame that HIDIVE's bitrate is only 1-2Mbps for 1080p...really pathetic. Should be 4-6Mpbs the compression artifact and what not is absolutely AWFUL on all of their shows. This show deserved much better.
Dec 28, 2018 3:14 PM

Aug 2015
As a fan of the manga, there are things that could've been improved, but I'm satisfied with the adaption overall. I didn't expect them to stop there though. With no further announcement in sight, the end is somewhat disappointing.
Dec 28, 2018 3:16 PM

Feb 2013
zwolf12 said:
FMmatron said:
The episode was almost over before I even noticed it, lol.

Well, what can I say. Personally, it didn't really move me, but it was still great and definitely stood out from other series of the subgenre. Interesting approach, beautiful presentation and surprisingly well written characters.

Was hoping for more closure tbh, but well, gonna read the manga then.

7,5/10

I will give it a higher score after we get another season. If this anime doesn't get more content it would be criminal if we look at the crap that gets made nowadays.
Especially the play is one of the best arcs in all of manga, because the writing is incredible (we already saw some small snippets while they rewrote parts of the script and in the unscripted 'training' session in the aquarium).

This anime not getting a second season has nothing to do with the "crap that gets made nowadays". Those other anime you mention have complete different publishers of the original source and production committee as well for the funding and planning, beyond different expectations over how they should be made and how adaptations overall are made just to have one season to promote the original material.

Dec 28, 2018 3:21 PM

Nov 2018
For me that is a good anime because it related the girl who want to engaged relationship with the another girl... But I give the rating of 8 - 8.5 /10 because it suitable for me idk for others who want to gave it 9/10 but it's ok what is they want to...
Dec 28, 2018 4:02 PM

Aug 2016
It was good even though I want to see a kiss scene
Dec 28, 2018 4:06 PM
Oct 2018
I'm very happy they didnt rush the ending and left it here, it encourages people to read the manga and it leaves off on a good note. Very good show, hope it gets a season 2.

Guess I'll read the manga yeet
Dec 28, 2018 4:45 PM

Jun 2014
Definitely not an "amazing" finale but it did it work, it was just as good as every other episode.
Hopefully that a sign that season 2 is possible, this was without a doubt my anime of the season and one of the most beautiful anime I've seen in a long time.

Time to start the manga now!

Edit: Also this anime has been such a treat, 2 insert song? That one of my favorite thing in anime~ Even better is that the two songs were release before they even appeared in the anime.
Dec 28, 2018 4:45 PM
Mar 2015
Yuu is finally able to convey her feelings to Youko through the play and date. the Message is I love you Which is personal to Yuu unlike Youko's "I Love you" which is said almost offhandedly
Dec 28, 2018 4:51 PM

Mar 2017
Mogami-kun said:
I'm still a little irked they changed Yuu's VA from the PV back then, but the new girl did an awesome job so I'm willing to overlook it

Who were supposed to voice Yuu at first?
Dec 28, 2018 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
Decent finale although inconclusive but better than being rushed tbh.

This show was really something. There are lots of strong positive aspect I can say about this shows but on the other hand those few negative side which ultimately outweighs the positives for me especially main characters ultimately never becomes interesting to me after the earlier episodes and their dynamics does starts to feels dry at times. The story was average and unmemorable for most of the duration.
I think being inconclusive and not diving the meatiest part of the later story development makes the show somewhat empty and hard to appreciate for me as of now.

Overall, not bad show and it was fine watch for some of the good moments and fantastic art directions (which was thanks to the director whose previous work had a lot of this and made the average material enjoyable to watch).
Dec 28, 2018 6:09 PM

Aug 2018
Rating the series 7/10 for now only because the anime isn’t quite complete yet. Definently hoping for a season 2, as I believe that the story is just now beginning to get good.

Checking out the manga 100% :)
Dec 28, 2018 7:32 PM

Sep 2008
i mean...i really wanted an ending, but i-m not really sad about not having one, it-s not rushed, its good, it suits the pace, basically this director is good, really feels like hibike euphorium, and that-s no easy thing, looking forward to season 2...wich i will probably just read the manga instead, or not, who knows, 9/10 for me
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 28, 2018 8:20 PM

Mar 2018
I think this will get a season 2 or at least a movie to show the stage show.
One of the best shows of the season (if not the best), and at least top 10 of 2018, i really loved it

9/10
Dec 28, 2018 8:39 PM

Oct 2016
I wanted to give this a 9 or 10 while watching through the episodes, but with the way it ended, I can't give it more than an 8 as much as I really want to give it a 9, wouldn't be right without the closure for me personally :(

but I loved this series and want more like it :D
Dec 28, 2018 9:54 PM

Oct 2016
tldr scores be like:-
people who didnt read the manga: 7.5/10 and below
people who read the manga: 9/10 and above

as for the people who didnt read the manga, it does end on an incomplete note. cant deny it. otherwise for people who has read the manga, a high score and praises are given because how well the series is adapted. despite ending just before the best theater play (climax), it does give a lot of snippets/preview/trailer/hints/raw footage of the play within the few last episodes.
Dec 28, 2018 10:14 PM

Jan 2015
Just how I like my anime finales; Bland and without any legitimate resolution.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Dec 29, 2018 12:12 AM

Jul 2010
THIS WAS A BEAUTIFUL EPISODE AND A BEAUTIFUL ADAPTATION!!!!! THANK YOU TROYCA FOR COMING THROUGH!!!!

Anyways! Even though I read the manga, the scene where Touko was starring at the train tracks got me nervous. I knew she wasn't going to jump but the anime managed to make me feel uneasy. I love all the symbolism the anime was able to throw at us. I really enjoyed this and I'm going to miss my weekly dose of YagaKimi. I guess it's back to the monthly life with the manga.

Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Dec 29, 2018 12:40 AM

Oct 2014
What a nice coffee. An excellent blend of romance and drama (unlike Sakura Trick or Citrus lol).

8/10.

Is there any hope for a season 2? Coz I'm itching to read the continuation from the manga.
Dec 29, 2018 12:44 AM

Oct 2014
iSupercell said:
Anyways! Even though I read the manga, the scene where Touko was starring at the train tracks got me nervous. I knew she wasn't going to jump but the anime managed to make me feel uneasy.

Omg I feel that discomfort too! Maybe after she thinks for a split second, after their cultural show and when she finally become a carbon copy of her sister, she'll kill herself too.

Good thing she met Yuu. And that email from Yuu saves her. I'm pretty sure she'll take suicide after the show if her objectives is done if they hadnt met.
Dec 29, 2018 1:26 AM
Jun 2016
Totally I want season 2 right now I didn't even realise the episode was ending untill it was over totally lost track of time as I watch yuu and Nanami together and it happens every time
Dec 29, 2018 1:28 AM

Aug 2010
Very good, time to read the Manga. 9/10 for me, each character has something I can relate on a very personal level, very in-tune with the show that every character has a side of myself.

I could see myself giving it a 8/10 if wasn't for the fact I can relate so well with a lot of things in this show.
Dec 29, 2018 2:09 AM

Jul 2010
nilagoreng said:
Mogami-kun said:
I'm still a little irked they changed Yuu's VA from the PV back then, but the new girl did an awesome job so I'm willing to overlook it

Who were supposed to voice Yuu at first?

If I recall from the manga PV... I think it was supposed to be Kanemoto Hisako. She decided to go study abroad so that’s why they changed Yuu’s VA.

Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Dec 29, 2018 2:53 AM
Jan 2018
sXeblues said:
Just how I like my anime finales; Bland and without any legitimate resolution.

The play wouldn't be a resolution ending either it would just feel like where it stopped here.
Dec 29, 2018 3:18 AM
Jan 2018
dadnaya said:
Mattinator95 said:

They would have needed 4 or 5 more episodes for that

Or.... RUSH B!

I prefer rushed stuff over "go read source"

As I just don't go to read source

Ending it on the play would be even worse. As you wouldn't see the aftermath on how it would effect touka which is the whole point of play in first place.

It would be better to have the play and the after effects after each other.

The manga hasn't go into any major detail about the after effects yet
Dec 29, 2018 3:29 AM

May 2014
Amazing from start to finish, i saw the lack of closure that was about to hit us in the last episode, almost 2-3 episodes into the anime, since the pacing was steady and I would have had it no other way.

A small point to note : I believe many of the subs translated the Title Idea as "Only you know" but it reads in japanese as "Kimi Shika Shiranai", meaning 'Know only you' or rather 'I dont know anyone else other than you' which makes sense, since Yuu acts out her part as the nurse in the back of aquarium, telling nanami how she does not know other aspects of her personality, other than just her being herself.

Just something i thought people should know. I may still be wrong, since I am in no way an expert in japanese.

edit : Almost forgot to score the show lol, 9/10, loved it, will read the manga soon. Though i would prefer a continuation of some sort, the direction was flawless.
eshwar007Dec 29, 2018 3:59 AM
Dec 29, 2018 4:07 AM

Jan 2016
I don't read the manga.. So, it's still incomplete right? Im still quite confused, to be honest. We might be getting 2nd season or OVA? I don't exactly curious about the perfomance, i mean we got so much clues afterall. But the aftermath is my main question. Im also waiting for Yuu to finally 'answer' her own 'questions'.
Otherwise, it was great. Especially the first 7 episodes. It's been a pretty long time since i got so exicted on an anime, i even scream on some scenes. The story and the animations are beautiful, i could recall a beautiful piece "Liebestraum" to explain how beautiful is this anime. Also, i love Yuu. She is very deep in personality, abseloutely my type :p
Dec 29, 2018 4:50 AM

Dec 2018
This episode was perfect , it was truly the perfect dessert ,not to heavy not to light .It gave everything i wanted and more , and i just melted and really enjoin it .I can go on and on how great this episode is, but going to re-watch it again instead of wasting my time using a lot of word describing this anime when i can use one word . Perfection Gau Gau
Dec 29, 2018 5:27 AM

Apr 2015
AFJSDJSDJSDJJFSDJSDJFS

I CAN TELL THEY TRIED

REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLY HARD

TO MAKE THIS A SATISFYING CONCLUSION EPISODE
EVEN WHEN THEY KNEW IT WOULDN'T GET TO THE TRUE MEAT

and I like, agh, I don't want to be mad because its so good but i really wanted the rest ; v;
plssecondseason
Dec 29, 2018 5:44 AM

Sep 2010
This ending is anti climax.
we can't see the drama, and they add one more question "after the drama, what touko will do"

I feel this anime is not complete yet. perhaps there are second season or ova to complete the series.

despite the ending, this anime still deserve 8/10

after all what happened in my life, I finally realized.
God never say a thing. And God's silence has nothing to do with life or death.
Dec 29, 2018 6:02 AM

May 2012
Meh. They did not even have sex or kiss at last episode

Citrus was way better overall. Story, characters, comedy etc was better
Dec 29, 2018 6:08 AM

Oct 2018
This anime was so amazing that mere words cannot do it justice. Does anyone else feel super empty and sad that this is over? What to do now? Will there ever be a show that can top this? Everything from the side characters, like the teacher and Miyako, Sayaka's past, Koyomi's psychic powers to the main plot with the unique and worry-inducing main characters was so very well composed.

I agree with many of the comments that it would have served as a nice dispostion seeing it all culminate with the play in the last episode. However, seeing how they stay true to the manga it is understandable that it did not end like that. I am so very much hoping for a second season :(
Dec 29, 2018 6:56 AM
Sep 2018
eshwar007 said:
Amazing from start to finish, i saw the lack of closure that was about to hit us in the last episode, almost 2-3 episodes into the anime, since the pacing was steady and I would have had it no other way.

A small point to note : I believe many of the subs translated the Title Idea as "Only you know" but it reads in japanese as "Kimi Shika Shiranai", meaning 'Know only you' or rather 'I dont know anyone else other than you' which makes sense, since Yuu acts out her part as the nurse in the back of aquarium, telling nanami how she does not know other aspects of her personality, other than just her being herself.

Just something i thought people should know. I may still be wrong, since I am in no way an expert in japanese.

edit : Almost forgot to score the show lol, 9/10, loved it, will read the manga soon. Though i would prefer a continuation of some sort, the direction was flawless.

'I only know you' was how it's translated in the manga.
Dec 29, 2018 7:17 AM

Apr 2016
I would add about the direction that their attention to details, body language, camera shots felt like one of the good Kyoto animation show. It's really similar in a good way.

I bet the director appreciate Kyoani's work. At some point I wished they had as much potential for the drawing part since I prefer the art in Hibike for instance.

It could have been a great Kyoani show.

Troyca did great nevertheless.
Dec 29, 2018 8:06 AM
Oct 2018
Blackbuster said:
This ending is anti climax.
we can't see the drama, and they add one more question "after the drama, what touko will do"

I feel this anime is not complete yet. perhaps there are second season or ova to complete the series.

despite the ending, this anime still deserve 8/10

once the remaining chapters get adapted it will be one of the best drama that will get adapted. those scenes would either melt or break hearts especially if you're watching this from day 1
Dec 29, 2018 8:13 AM
Oct 2018
if you people here don't mind you can watch this video here.

https://youtu.be/E1UO5OE9FaQ

pretty much a fan made amv with great execution. the ED song from KoiAme really fits here salute to the creator of this video

WARNING: there might be a few minor spoilers in the video
Dec 29, 2018 8:31 AM

May 2015
xscetia23 said:
if you people here don't mind you can watch this video here.

https://youtu.be/E1UO5OE9FaQ

pretty much a fan made amv with great execution. the ED song from KoiAme really fits here salute to the creator of this video

WARNING: there might be a few minor spoilers in the video

Thnx for the link, that is a great AMV, BTW 37 chapter raws are out.

https://imgur.com/a/6SJTBnQ?fbclid=IwAR2MP3hymMIr8or_cb912y_AQKDYGcU4q8G_8BC6vNrE8_tHFtXMRh7DR0c
Dec 29, 2018 9:04 AM

Aug 2010
Season 2 please! I don't think a yuri anime can get much better this.

Teacher turns out to be bi? Reminder that Bi people do exist.

Overall an 8/10. I did feel the first half was stronger but still enjoyed it until the end.
Dec 29, 2018 9:07 AM

May 2012
I prefer 2nd season of Citrus over this

But if this gets 2nd season I would still watch it.
Dec 29, 2018 10:31 AM

Oct 2018
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
I would add about the direction that their attention to details, body language, camera shots felt like one of the good Kyoto animation show. It's really similar in a good way.

I bet the director appreciate Kyoani's work. At some point I wished they had as much potential for the drawing part since I prefer the art in Hibike for instance.

It could have been a great Kyoani show.

Troyca did great nevertheless.

Agree on everything, except perhaps the drawing part that I don't know (I have not seen Hibike). When you talk about the drawing part, aren't the studios generally trying to emulate the style of the original manga? Or are you referring to how well they have adapted the style of the original work? I am somewhat new to anime in general and not really familiar with all these studios so maybe I misinterpret what you meant. I suppose the characters in Kimi ni naru look unique in the same way they do in the manga (I remember someone complaining in an early episode thread about the characters' eyes being creepy, for example).
Dec 29, 2018 1:14 PM

Mar 2017
One of my most favourite show of this season. Nothing much happened in this episode though.
I don't have that much patience. Definitely going to start reading the manga. Who knows when we'll get another season.
8/10
Dec 29, 2018 1:16 PM

Nov 2018
This a solid shoujo-ai. Well-rounded characters and plot flowed very well with a nice touch of realism. I esp like how Sayaka is meta. Both ships in the love triangle are very good n tbh I like Sayaka and Koito's bond as well.
This rlly needs a season 2 man.
Dec 29, 2018 4:37 PM

Jan 2016
I already read the manga and wish I can see the stage play in the anime but oh well. Kinda disappointed about how they end it but still good overall.
Dec 29, 2018 6:51 PM

Nov 2018
This was no Zombieland Saga for me, but it was a good show. Solid 7, 7.5 if I could. I did like how, unlike Citrus, Yuu and Nanami's relationship was fairly healthy and still managed to have some good kissing scenes without one being too sexually aggressive toward the other. Also there weren't a whole bunch of uppity rivals, which always annoys me with these types of shows. I have to say that the one 'rival', Sayaka, was actually a character that I liked. Props to the writers for making her that way, cause I was seriously thinking that I would be fine with it whether Nanami ended up with her or Yuu.

I would've given it a higher score but most of the episodes aside from 2 or 3 were a little bit boring and slow-paced. But this is to be expected of a shoujo high school anime. Still, really light and cute throughout, and it gave an interesting take on your typical romance anime. Plus the art was cute and the music was good. Thumbs up!
Dec 29, 2018 7:41 PM

Nov 2017
I was all psyched for the play, where's the rest of it? Going to have to read manga, I guess.
Dec 29, 2018 7:43 PM

Nov 2017
thepath said:
I prefer 2nd season of Citrus over this

But if this gets 2nd season I would still watch it.

Second season of Citrus would show chap. 36, which would devastate all people everywhere.
Dec 29, 2018 11:52 PM

Jan 2015
Mattinator95 said:
The play wouldn't be a resolution ending either it would just feel like where it stopped here.

Wasn’t talking about the play... The anime leaves off in the midst of a toxic friendship/relationship wherein one person is obviously struggling with emotional and psychological issues, and the other, most probably an asexual, has been repeatedly conditioned to be subservient to her. No growth, no evolution, no resolution. Nothing at all in the way of suggesting either one is on a path to figuring themselves out, or confronting their issues. It’s just left entirely up in the air. But, I guess we’re supposed to be content because Touko fell asleep while leaning on Yuu.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Dec 30, 2018 1:15 AM

Mar 2013
sXeblues said:
That means this anime is indeed too deep for you then, because literally just last episode Yuu decided to do something to change Touko, plus this date happened to cement their relationship further down the line. This isn't the true finale anyway because the manga is still ongoing. Really don't understand how one can even grasp subtle developments. People like you must've like everything to be shove straight to their faces and all events gotta be bombastic and explosive. I would implore you to watch Michael Bay films instead.
Dec 30, 2018 1:24 AM
Jan 2018
yoshu_ said:
I don't read the manga.. So, it's still incomplete right? Im still quite confused, to be honest. We might be getting 2nd season or OVA? I don't exactly curious about the perfomance, i mean we got so much clues afterall. But the aftermath is my main question. Im also waiting for Yuu to finally 'answer' her own 'questions'.
Otherwise, it was great. Especially the first 7 episodes. It's been a pretty long time since i got so exicted on an anime, i even scream on some scenes. The story and the animations are beautiful, i could recall a beautiful piece "Liebestraum" to explain how beautiful is this anime. Also, i love Yuu. She is very deep in personality, abseloutely my type :p

The manga is still on going . So the aftermath of the play hasn't really begin yet
Dec 30, 2018 1:26 AM
Jan 2018
Pityfool said:
Mattinator95 said:

They would have needed 4 or 5 more episodes for that

If we get a second season, I really do hope they take 3-5 episodes to get through the show; it's too important to the following chapters to be rushed.

It would take 1 epiosde to do the play I think can't remember what chapter the play is
Dec 30, 2018 2:41 AM

Mar 2009
Nice of Japan to finally make a good yuri anime again. Faith somewhat restored.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Romances On A Similar Level To Bloom Into You?

Enderobot - May 2

10 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
May 4, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

112 by oDaw1 »»
May 3, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2018

199 by Worsethansoap »»
Mar 24, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM

» anime or manga

kotosugu - Oct 12, 2023

17 by Atsunome »»
Jan 10, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.