Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 21, 2018 8:24 AM
Apr 2018
I'm watching fate just because I want to see fate/kaleid so I was wondering if I have to see all the previous seasons to watch this or I can skip something
Dec 22, 2018 5:55 AM

Oct 2014
Prisma Illya spoils a whole bunch of stuff for all 3 routes of FSN (the third route isn't even fully adapted yet)

if you don't care about the main series, you can watch it standalone and understand most of what's going on, but there will also be some stuff that you might not understand, such as concepts and lore established by FSN VN, they'll be given a very basic explanation or no explanation at all

Prillya puts it's own spin on themes that FSN had. and some of FSN, FZ, and FHA's characters make an appearance in Prillya, knowing about these characters beforehand could possibly add to your enjoyment, but it isn't necessary

multiammiratore said:
I was wondering if I have to see all the previous seasons to watch this or I can skip something

you can watch them to maximize your understanding of Prillya (you'll still be missing HF). although ironically FSN itself has shitty anime adaptations that can be difficult to understand at times. if i were you, i wouldn't watch them
Dec 22, 2018 6:38 AM

Mar 2018
This is a tough question. You can always watch Illya standalone but this series takes a lot of references from other Fates, including works which still haven't got an anime adaptation like Hollow Ataraxia so it's difficult to understand all even if you have watched all Fate anime.

Watch it standalone if you must but it's better to not touch this series if you don't know a lot about the franchise.

Jan 4, 2019 11:38 PM

Jul 2013
multiammiratore said:
I'm watching fate just because I want to see fate/kaleid so I was wondering if I have to see all the previous seasons to watch this or I can skip something

Nobody gave a simple explanation, so I'll give one.

To truly understand and appreciate everything going on in Fate/kaleid, you need to have played the Heaven's Feel route of the Fate/Stay Night visual novel, watched Fate/Zero, and played the Fate/Hollow Ataraxia visual novel.

Given that it will be another year before the final Heaven's Feel film is released, and Hollow Ataraxia might never be adapted, it's best to just play the visual novels.

Given that Fate/kaleid is the only anime that has all the new characters from the latter, it's basically the only option for people who want more Fate after playing that VN.
Omne Solum Forti Patria

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.