Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 15, 2018 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alice is a cool girl, a bit serious for a personality though. Seems Kirito and Eugeo are being punished after their recent actions. I call BS on that. The guys they took out deserved it if you ask me.

About time we got to see Asuna in real life again. It's been awhile. The mystery thickens regarding Kirito and Eugeo's connection to Alice. Sure didn't take long for them to break out. I'm also kinda keen on the technology going outside in the real world. (that robot for instance).

Hope Kirito and Eugeo can get out of their mess now that Eldrie Woolsburg is here.
Stark700Dec 15, 2018 9:03 AM
Dec 15, 2018 7:28 AM

Nov 2007
Eugeo guy trying to touch her, but she hit him because she doesn't know him.

Kouhais brought their swords before sending to the jail.

Back to Asuna girl and she met a robot. Just one day spent for them since last time?

Discussing about the function of the robot and getting improved. To put data from another world to here? And there's second model in progressing.

A guy (or probably the second model?) seems to talk to Asuna girl?

Talking about Alice girl, a possibility of getting memory erased.

So needing level of 38. Using each other's chain? It is successful. And use that broken chain to break the door. They ran out so easy. Then seeing many flowers.

Wondering what Alice girl think of her own origin...

Meeting a knight. So they knew they will escape?
tsubasaloverDec 15, 2018 8:00 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 15, 2018 7:31 AM
Jul 2018
I don't like Alice anymore
Dec 15, 2018 7:33 AM
Jul 2018
tsubasalover said:
Eugeo guy trying to touch her, but she hit him because she doesn't know him.

Kouhais brought their swords before sending to the jail.

Back to Asuna girl and she met a robot. Just one day spent for them since last time?

A guy seems to talk to Asuna girl?

Talking about Alice girl, a possibility of getting memory erased.

So needing level of 38. Using each other's chain? It is successful. And use that broken chain to break the door. They ran out so easy. Then seeing many flowers. Realizing they are under the building they've been aiming for.

Wondering what Alice girl think of her own origin...

Meeting a knight.

It's funny how a few episodes ago fans were talking trash about Tieze and now it turns out she's the one who genuinely loves Eugeo while Alice became a slave of the rules and follows them without hesitation.
Dec 15, 2018 8:36 AM

Jul 2008
Eldorie is here ! ! !

We'll finally know the true power of integrity knights next week ! ! !

But out main characters are only armed with those chains on their wrists... :D

Dec 15, 2018 8:50 AM

Jun 2016
Made-In-Heaven said:

The only likable alice was the kid, this one gets character development that falls flat in the end lol
Dec 15, 2018 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
AyumiVk said:
Made-In-Heaven said:

The only likable alice was the kid, this one gets character development that falls flat in the end lol

If the things novel readers told me is true then I have only one thing to say: Are you for real Reki?

I accept his choice because he's the author after all and can do whatever he wants with his story but that doesn't mean I've to like them.
removed-userDec 15, 2018 9:05 AM
Dec 15, 2018 9:04 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Looks like Alice does indeed not remember them, that's kinda sad.

Asuna. :D
It was nice to see her again but Ichiemon stole the show if you ask me. Robots ftw! xD

Am I correct in assuming those two scientists that Asuna passed were actually Humbert and Raios or I guess more correctly housed the fluctlights that were those two? I guess that grin made me weirdly suspicious.

Kirito and Eugeo breaking out of prison was cool but I'm just surprised that guard never woke up after they busted the door. :3

Fight against an integrity knight next episode should be cool.
Dec 15, 2018 9:05 AM

Jul 2012
Its magical how asuna can destroy the episode's hype by being in it for few mins
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2018 9:30 AM

Jan 2009
nothing much happened aside from the interesting thing that they are making robots to house the AI/fluctlights
Dec 15, 2018 9:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A tense but nonetheless interesting ep. Eugeo's reunion with Alice isn't exactly the type he had in mind i guess. Alice sure has changed much over the years though trading her warm nature with a cold and harsh one. The words that Tiese and Ronie exchanged with their former masters sure was heartwarming. The robot scene with Asuna was pretty cute. Higa's names for the robots though lol. AI's like the fluclights will be a boon for humanity if they can be used. That was quite creative in making use of their object authority to use the chains to destroy each other. Eugeo's reaction on potentially losing Kirito due his memories returning sure was amusing. Looks like Kirito and Eugeo will be facing their first trial sooner than expected in the form of integrity knight Eldrie. Looking forward to next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2018 9:32 AM

Feb 2013
Escaping from that cell was too easy.
Dec 15, 2018 9:32 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty good episode, even tho not really much happened.

But the sleeping guard annoyed me, do they just not care if Kirito and Eugeo escape or were they relying on Eldrie ?

Lelouch0202 said:
Am I correct in assuming those two scientists that Asuna passed were actually Humbert and Raios or I guess more correctly housed the fluctlights that were those two? I guess that grin made me weirdly suspicious.

Probably more rapists, they all have the same grin.

And before fanboys come throwing stones at me, it's a joke.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 15, 2018 9:43 AM
Jan 2018
Made-In-Heaven said:
AyumiVk said:

If the things novel readers told me is true then I have only one thing to say: Are you for real Reki?

I accept his choice because he's the author after all and can do whatever he wants with his story but that doesn't mean I've to like them.

Depends what did they tell you
Dec 15, 2018 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode.

Would have loved to see more of Alice.

Dec 15, 2018 9:44 AM
Jan 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

It was nice to see her again but Ichiemon stole the show if you ask me. Robots ftw! xD

Kirito and Eugeo breaking out of prison was cool but I'm just surprised that guard never woke up after they busted the door. :3

Why would Humbert and Raios be in the real world when one of them is dead. And the other one has no importance

Deep sleeper and must be board as hell. Having a calling that guards cells that are most likey all empty . Beside why should he think two prisoners will escape givin that they are cained and the guard is mostly likely thought to himself that they wouldn't try and escape...
Mattinator95Dec 15, 2018 9:52 AM
Dec 15, 2018 9:50 AM

Oct 2012
Shadzzo said:
Its magical how asuna can destroy the episode's hype by being in it for few mins

+1 :'D
Asuna is so boring
Dec 15, 2018 9:53 AM
Jan 2018
So the chain has higher priority then the door and the cell
Dec 15, 2018 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
The episode seems alright. Took a major shortcut that they did not expect. And now they will face a newbie Integrity Knight.
Dec 15, 2018 10:00 AM

Mar 2013
Good Episode
I understand why Alice rejected Eugeo, the way he approached her was way too creepy. Bad first move.
Dec 15, 2018 10:27 AM

Jun 2014
A pretty calm episode, but Eugeo and Kirito have encountered some trouble now that an Integrity Knight has shown up. Despite making it past an incompetent guard who somehow wasn't awakened by slamming chains and broken down doors, escaping wasn't going to be that easy.

FMmatron said:

It's quite sad that you even have to clarify this.......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 15, 2018 10:28 AM

Dec 2009
Oh, I was expecting more action on this episode.

And it still not clear if Kirito keep their memories from the real life. All that time passed, he is in a different world and he seems not caring about it...

Anyway, not a bad episode.
Dec 15, 2018 10:32 AM

Nov 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
A pretty calm episode, but Eugeo and Kirito have encountered some trouble now that an Integrity Knight has shown up. Despite making it past an incompetent guard who somehow wasn't awakened by slamming chains and broken down doors, escaping wasn't going to be that easy.

FMmatron said:

It's quite sad that you even have to clarify this.......

I wouldn't do that in any other thread, but here I'm better safe than sorry.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 15, 2018 10:33 AM

May 2018
Ok so Asuna saw a robot called Ichiemon, but when she and that other female scientist were making their way to the cafeteria, she somehow saw someone she knew, so that can either be the one who injected Kirito with the poison since the were some focus on the way he walk (remember the part where Kirito stabbed the crazy guy in his tight?) or could be someone that had kept Asuna longer in the SAO world in season 1.
Dec 15, 2018 10:33 AM

Feb 2013
Shadzzo said:

giorgos1313 said:
Shadzzo said:

+1 :'D
Asuna is so boring

You will see her much more when she enters the Underworld in like 20 episodes. :P
Dec 15, 2018 10:38 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Nice pacing, thank god they cut to Underworld ASAP, these swifts on PoV kinda break the immersion a bit.

Loving the relationship between Eugeo and Kirito there, Eugeo has grown so much, I m proud on this boy.

Next episode = HYPE.

Made-In-Heaven said:
AyumiVk said:

So you know spoilers? Well if we are sync, let me tell you I felt that was a waste for sake of drama, but it was the choice made almost 20 years ago when this was being published as WN.

Dec 15, 2018 11:02 AM

Jun 2017
Kirito and Eugeo's bromance is going well. Good thing the interlude at rath lasted only for 5 minutes. Slightly disappointed that they skipped mentioning the importance of "sacred flowers" for doing magic and how rare rose is compared to other flowers. Eldrie looked as good as I imagined him to be. Hyped for the next episode's fight.
Dec 15, 2018 11:26 AM

Mar 2016
I personally liked the setup here, but damn, Alice with the cold-blooded friendzone "backsword" xD
Dec 15, 2018 11:27 AM

Mar 2016
Chrome_Falcon said:
Kirito and Eugeo's bromance is going well. Good thing the interlude at rath lasted only for 5 minutes. Slightly disappointed that they skipped mentioning the importance of "sacred flowers" for doing magic and how rare rose is compared to other flowers. Eldrie looked as good as I imagined him to be. Hyped for the next episode's fight.

I personally think the "sacred flowers" thing will be covered later when they meet Alice again
Dec 15, 2018 1:39 PM

Sep 2014
So, Alice doesn't remember Kirito and Eugo. After they escaped from prison as she expected them to do they have to fight that new Integrity Knight. Well, I don't expect him to do much.
Dec 15, 2018 2:15 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
SAO always makes the villains either too smug or way too hammy/creepy. Tone it down and the show would be all the better for it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 15, 2018 2:24 PM

Jul 2017
Ah to think we could've been seeing Serlut as the Integrity Knight 31 but alas we have Alice-lover.

Also can't wait to see how the battles in the tower play out considering how well done the action was already done

Lelouch0202 said:

iirc, They're actually
Dec 15, 2018 2:39 PM

Jul 2016
Another cliffhanger episode. The episode itself is good with underworld and real world pov's. Kirito and Eugeo in jail, but they break out the cell. Next episode is action and by title next is another exposition about the world.

Dec 15, 2018 2:58 PM
Jul 2012
Playcool said:
Nice pacing, thank god they cut to Underworld ASAP, these swifts on PoV kinda break the immersion a bit.

Loving the relationship between Eugeo and Kirito there, Eugeo has grown so much, I m proud on this boy.

Next episode = HYPE.

Made-In-Heaven said:

So you know spoilers? Well if we are sync, let me tell you I felt that was a waste for sake of drama, but it was the choice made almost 20 years ago when this was being published as WN.

Yeah and who the heck told you Alicization is a romance anime with a happy ending? There is not a shred of a happy ending in this season and you will come to know of it very soon...

Alicization is leagues apart everything else from SAO.
Dec 15, 2018 4:01 PM

Mar 2016
I wondered if it was possible to use the chains as a tool, and it was possible it seems. lol. However, I am surprised that the church didn't predict this outcome and use chains that are appropriate for the prisoners.

Kirito and Eugeo are too cute together. I hope Eugeo is also a real human. They did say there was one more person like Kirito in the Turtle.

Asuna accidentally said "ssu". This was the only time, throughout SAO, that I thought she was cute.

Why are some people trying to kill Kirito? Isn't he just a kid? How old is he outside the game?
Dec 15, 2018 4:34 PM

Dec 2014
FMmatron said:
Pretty good episode, even tho not really much happened.

But the sleeping guard annoyed me, do they just not care if Kirito and Eugeo escape or were they relying on Eldrie ?

Lelouch0202 said:

It is quite sad that you had to clarify that it's a joke. xD

Mattinator95 said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

Why would Humbert and Raios be in the real world when one of them is dead. And the other one has no importance

Deep sleeper and must be board as hell. Having a calling that guards cells that are most likey all empty . Beside why should he think two prisoners will escape givin that they are cained and the guard is mostly likely thought to himself that they wouldn't try and escape...

For the first one, it's just a suspicion. From the grin I just thought that it could be a possibility that those two were the ones who were the basis for the fluctlights that were Humber and Raios. Since there are fluctlights that were based off grown people and Kirito himself was pretty much one.

I'm not really sure how you can defend the guard at all, it was clearly a little plot convenience. I don't mind it but that was definitely real convenient that they bust open a door making so much noise and the guard who's entire job is to make sure that no one breaks out of prison is basically unfazed and just snoozing. If chaining people was all that was required to stop prisoners why in the world do prisons have so much security?
Dec 15, 2018 4:46 PM
Mar 2017
Alice finally makes her appearance as an Integrity Knight.
Eugeo couldn´t believe that Alice is in front of them, is a shame that Alice push him away and also threatens him, which means that Alice does not remember them.
The farewell of Tiese and Ronie was a bit sad, Alice showed a little mercy and let the girls say goodbye to their mentors.
Kirito and Eugeo are locked in the central catederal waiting for their interrogation and finally their execution.
In the episode we have a parenthesis and we return to Ocean turtle, where we see Asuna still worried and unable to cooperate, then we are given an introduction to what appear to be robots that will be the receptors of the artificial intelligences they want to create, after that Asuna and Rinko retire and they run into two workers, who are very suspicious and I know that in future episodes they will do something wrong.
We return to Underworld and the boys has been in jail for a day and a half, after reviewing their situation and verify their objectives, they easily flee their cell, then they manage to reach the entrance of the tower but for their bad luck they are intercepted by an integrity knight , who introduces himself as Eldrie Synthesis Thirty One and he says that Alice gave him the orders to wait for them to appear, so in simple words, the boys are in serious trouble since they only have chains to defend themselves from their rival who is an integrity knight.
salbery755Dec 15, 2018 4:50 PM
Dec 15, 2018 4:55 PM
Jan 2016
Good episode, pretty calm!

In fact, Alice dont remember them!

They got brought to jail like alice had been when she break a tabu's code!

And their cute Kohais brought their sword! And had one minute for last words! Was a sad moment!

It always nice to see Asuna time, she is starting to thing she would like to help Kirito entering in Underworld too! I am waiting for that!

They managed to fled from jail really easy, unfortunately Alice predicted that and send Eldrie to wait for them!

Hyped to see how they will fight against a integrity knight without their sword!
Dec 15, 2018 5:01 PM

Sep 2017
I think Alice personality is cold because she had her memories erased. Like Kirito said, the church probably messed with her memories.

Seems like they're also already trying to make robots out of the fluctlights, that's gonna backfire on them big time, I'm sure.

Now we wait for the first fight against an integrity knight,
though Kirito and Eugeo are gonna get their ass kicked since
they got only their chains and no swords.

ᕕ(╭ರ╭ ͟ʖ╮•́)⊃¤=(————-
Dec 15, 2018 5:13 PM

Apr 2015
Alice finally makes a return to the screen and she doesn't seem to remember Eugeo at all. I have to say that the punishment, execution, is a bit much for what they did... those guys from last week deserved what they got.

I wonder if we'll see Tiese and Ronie again after this.

We get to see more what happens in real life! And Asuna ofcourse! After that whole stuff about the robot talk, Asuna seemed to recognize someone in one of the hallways? I am curious to see who that could be.

Took them 1,5 days being in prison to escape already. With Alice anticipating that they would, Kirito and Eugeo have a battle to face now!
Dec 15, 2018 5:27 PM

Oct 2015
Alice is such a clever knight to predict that escape, so does it mean she remembers them?

That breaking of the chains was a clever plan by Kirito, that is why he is the best in-game character of all time. At first when I watched SOA I didn't like him but as he progressed and showed how much compassion he has, I changed my mind and gave SOA a decent rating. He and Asuna are the reason SOA is great.

I'm loving this season and it's one of my top five anime this season.

Great episode
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 15, 2018 5:41 PM
Jul 2017
The worst part of this episode is Asuna. My god they made her so freaking boring.
Dec 15, 2018 6:37 PM

May 2015
Alice must have had her AI rewritten and the main objective for Eugeo here is to find her missing memories...assuming that it hasn't been deleted yet...

So that Ichiemon robot thing is going to be the vessel that the AI from the project is going to possess? I guess it's just a prototype until they come up with Androids for the AI. Speaking of which, I wonder if the series will end with Eugeo and Alice coming to the real world as Androids...

Kirito and Eugeo had just enough Object Authority to rip the chains apart. How convenient. And how convenient that Alice has her student Eldrie waiting for her as she predicted. If Alice is a mentor, then she must be a pretty high rank then. Looks like next episode, Kirito Belmont and Eugeo Belmont are going to try to give Eldrie a whipping but to no avail since chains aren't swords.
Dec 15, 2018 8:04 PM
Jul 2017
So ur gonna tell me it only took them 10 seconds to get rid of their chains and break out of their cells and they're the only ones who've thought of doing that? It didnt seem like a complicated theory to me. No one had ever tried that before? Oh wait. They got put of their cell? How tf did they get out of their cell? How kind of shit prison is this.

And like I predicted, Alice and the integrity knights had their memories erased. All their name end with Synthesis (Number). There are 31 of them judging by his dialouge. Man everything is so god damn predictable.

Again, miss me with that they're doing in the real world cuz I don't give 2 shits what Asuna thinks or sees. They've literally established nothing in that 5 min scene of Asuna, except spilling out techy bullshit which in theory doesn't even make any God damn sense fundamentally. You expect me to believe some light in my brain is responsible for my memory? Lmfao.
Dec 15, 2018 8:27 PM

Jun 2017
Thats all they get for murdering loyalty?
Dec 15, 2018 8:45 PM

Sep 2017
Ariavartan said:
Thats all they get for murdering loyalty?

Getting Capital punishment is pretty much the end of the line lol
Dec 15, 2018 9:24 PM

Sep 2017
is it me or the animation is a bit rushed and unstable? i hope it will be fixed for next episode. Also i cant wait for upcoming battle!
Dec 15, 2018 9:52 PM

Jan 2013
As expected, Alice got her memories erased.
Damn, next episode will be interesting.
I wonder if they can possibly win.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 15, 2018 10:56 PM

Nov 2011
Don't you be hating on my girl. Alice is just doing her job as Integrity Knight and she doesn't remember Eugeo. So if some criminal you are supposed to arrest try to touch you creepily, that's the least he could've got.

Dec 15, 2018 11:36 PM

Nov 2017
- When i see alice with that armor... she reminds me of Saber... but her voice reminds me of another crusader from another world..
- that was weak prison
Now Loading.....
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.