Forum Settings
Forums
A Certain Magical Index SS (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2018 10:53 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So many different side stories here, better divide by each chapter!
Chapter 1: We see more on Skillout, Hamazura and his friends, also this is how that sexy teacher started to run into him.
Chapter 2: Kanzaki and the introduction of the Valkeryies, kinda weird, but I always enjoy when the plot focus on her~~
Chapter 3: Touya searching for those talismans for his son, this leads to angel fall arc, interesting, also it was great to see Lidvia appearing here, I disliked Balbina's character thought, what a sneaky girl trying to ripoff other people!

09/12
Chapter 4: Anoter of the many debuts on this SS, 7th lvl 5, a real weirdo that cant even tell us what his powers are... but I m really interested in knowing more about him now, also keep in mind current lvl5 rank is mostly based on how usefull the lvl5s are to Aleister, so being 7th doesnt mean he is weaker than Misaka, Meltdowner or Kakine at all, means his powers are just way less useful to Aleister's plans.
Chapter 5: Misaka's dad debut, poor Misaka, to have such a reliable but odd dad. xD
He somewhat reminded me ALOT of Rider from Fate/Zero, he definitly at least has a very reliable and outworld's mindset.

12/12 (too many fucking chapters, KAZUMA!!)
Chapter 6: Kuroko and a really weird hairdresser, talk about gemstones first starts.
Chapter 7: Ollerus and Silvia, totally out of nowhere, so Ollerus almost become a Magic God.
Chapter 8: Here comes some ninja plot that no one asked for, at least the girl looked rather sexy on that art, outside that, kinda random.
Chapter 9: Nice skills Uihari gots, but isnt she a bit too OP, and how was that dude caught so quickly?!
Chapter 10: Misaka and Touma's dads meet up by total coincidence, they are both real perverts arent they? Still funny to read noneless.
Chapter 11: Kumokawa Seria debuts, interesting but very fickle character, wouldnt want to have her as an enemy...
Chapter 12: Totally random and perhaps pourly translated, cuz while reading some parts didnt make sense, or was it just this nonsensical chapter's fault??
Chapter 13: Sisters going about their usual anthics, always funny to read about them IMO.
Chapter 14: This one actually made me dislike Uiharu here quite a bit, she pulls all these hacking skills from the arse like she is the top hacker in the world, and denies best girl actions, well how about you go fuck yourself, just cuz she know some tricks...
Chapter 15: I enjoy Kaori and the girls but this felt totally unnecessary.
Chapter 16: We need more of these, I wanted to see those 2 mothers appearing and interacting more with eachother for sure!
Chapter 17: Felt bad for Hamazura, a funny chapter yes, but you gotta think that ITEM is full of weirdos and only his girlfriend is the most normal one...
Chapter 18: Meh character, the only thing interesting about Kuruwa is her nice curves, which speaks alot of how great a character she is
Chapter 19: We finally start to see the plot merging together, gem stone fights large increasingm
Chapter 20: Misaka's army working together, cute and badass how well synced then cab?
Chapter 21: Ollerus vs 7th!
Chapter 22: Conclusion to previews chapter and the plot of gemstones.

Some interest scenes but most feel too much like extras, unnecessary.
Now I wrote a review so wont repeat myself, gemstones at most are really mysterious existence that was never addressed on the main series volumes so far, it was the main theme of this SS2 too, it was interesting but with this many chapters it felt somene harder to write something nice.

Hopefully future Index SSs will have less chapter but longer chapters..
PlaycoolDec 12, 2018 6:31 PM
Sep 1, 2020 3:12 PM

Mar 2019
A lot of new characters and stories, it was quite confusing since I literally binge read the whole volume in a couple of hours. But it was still pretty decent.

Dec 30, 2020 6:37 AM

Jan 2017
How many new characters can Kazuma fit into a volume damn, had to do quite a bit of re-reading on this one due to the sheer amount of new settings + characters

The Anglican + Ninja + Lidvia stories were kinda meh, the others were just fine

Highlight gotta be Misaka's dad confronting Aleister, like how tf is he out there

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index SS Volume 01 Discussion

Playcool - Dec 1, 2018

4 by FragmantLemon »»
Nov 26, 2020 9:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.