Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2018 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, that escalated quickly. Some characters in this episode are seriously so creepy with their "punishments". I felt bad for Tiese and Ronye there.

No wonder Eugeo is beyond pissed this episode. That Raios guy is one creepy bastard. I noticed they censored some of the scenes, wonder if BD/DVDS will remove them. About time Kirito came there and kicked their ass.

Those bastards deserved it....especially Raios.
Dec 8, 2018 7:28 AM

Apr 2015
Well this episode certainly answered how gory & messed up the adaptation will be from here on out. They certainly didn't hold back, like jesus christ. Knowing what's ahead makes me almost scared.

I legit felt discomfortable and disturbed during 3/4 of the episode which was the intended effect.
Dec 8, 2018 7:29 AM

Nov 2007
Kouhais not back for 3 hours...

That girl in question came to ask for rescue. She was asked again, and her roommates went to talk to him for her. So that guy caught those kouhais captive.

His room is creepy. It's as if they are in illegal place. They used the law of being higher loyalty than them to begin to get a move on them. That again... Eugeo guy cannot move. Because Eugeo guy tries to break the rule, he hurt his eye, but able to attack one of them. Another guy was about to "punish" him, but main guy came to the rescue.

Main guy won against him. Both their arms are cut and wanting their own blood to be stop bleeding. Because that long hair guy wanting to protect himself and broke the law, he died.

It appeared again (the head when breaking the law).

The teacher cured his eye, and gave them warning before going to that side.

They finally met Alice, who doesn't seem to remember them. Eugeo guy seems to sense the familiarity.

New OP and ED announced on screen after the ep.
OP2: "RESISTER" by ASCA
ED2: "forget-me-not" by ReoNa
https://twitter.com/sao_anime/status/1071426721503600640
tsubasaloverDec 8, 2018 8:20 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 8, 2018 7:54 AM
Jan 2018
It's gonna be fun comparing western reactions to Japan's hyped reactions seriously on a few series accounts they loved it XD
Dec 8, 2018 8:31 AM

Apr 2014

Man that was amazing. It really evoked emotions out of me. Not only that but the animation was very smooth. Idk how these japanese animators do it but they are extremely talented. I think this guy named Takechi (sorry if i am spelling it wrong) animated this scene. He is the main animator for the show. I am glad they ramped it up. The Japanese fanbase are loving it as well. Even making memes. Lets see how ppl will enjoy this episode. I think SAO fans are used to it since the first season and that Asada thing.

Time to pull up the doujins.
moodieDec 8, 2018 8:44 AM
Dec 8, 2018 8:57 AM

Jul 2008
Yesssss Alice is here ! !

My favourite parts start from next episode onwards omg !!! :D

They made Raios' punishments there even more creepy than in the novels with the licking ewwww lol

Dec 8, 2018 8:59 AM

Feb 2013
This was creepy af and I liked it. Can't wait for what's next.
Dec 8, 2018 9:04 AM

Jan 2009
lol that rape scene is so exaggerated i love it, there is much censorship too bleh i cannot be bothered to watch the BluRay version when it comes out

and finally Alice shows up as an integrity knight? so those who violate the taboo index become integrity knights?
Dec 8, 2018 9:05 AM
Jan 2018
deg said:
lol that rape scene is so exaggerated i love it, there is much censorship too bleh i cannot be bothered to watch the BluRay version when it comes out

and finally Alice shows up

Which part was censored
Dec 8, 2018 9:06 AM
Jan 2018
Well I guess there's no tournament
Dec 8, 2018 9:10 AM

Sep 2013
How many rape attempts is this now? kek
Dec 8, 2018 9:11 AM

Jan 2009
Mattinator95 said:
deg said:

and finally Alice shows up

Which part was censored

the dark shadings like this

Dec 8, 2018 9:12 AM
Jan 2018
deg said:
Mattinator95 said:

Which part was censored

Ahhhhh I thought it was just the lighting XD
Dec 8, 2018 9:12 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An interesting but also chilling ep. Things sure escalated here. To think that their goals was Tiese and Ronie though. Even for nobles their depravity sure knows no bounds. Eugeo's overcoming of the taboo index and the drawing his sword though was pretty impressive. It was eerie in how Raios managed to stay indifferent to his friends plight though. Kirito's save sure was timely. The dual between Kirito and Raios though short was impressive. Raio's last struggle between obeying the index or worry about his life was intriguing given how it ended. Tiese and Ronie though sure had a traumatic experience here. The magic in underworld though never ceases to amaze being able to reconstruct lost organs. Those were some wise parting words though. And Kirito and Eugeo finally have their reunion with Alice though not in the way they expected.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2018 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
It escalated so quickly; I wonder if this series is just 13 episodes.
Dec 8, 2018 9:17 AM

Jul 2017
Xenosaga-Izanagi said:
It escalated so quickly; I wonder if this series is just 13 episodes.
it will be a 4 cour series

Jan 2009
no wonder the Taboo Index is not violated that much in the their world since you will get that system alert/error like from Eugeos eye and make your body unable to move anyway

now i wonder whats that taboo index is for in the first place if you get that system alert/error anyway
Oct 2018
In the Web novel they got raped. And if i would be raios or humbert i would rape both of them right away and Not wait for blondy and Jesus kun to appear
Dec 8, 2018 9:22 AM
Jan 2018
Maruseru1993 said:
In the Web novel they got raped. And if i would be raios or humbert i would rape both of them right away and Not wait for blondy and Jesus kun to appear

They pretty much wanted egueo to watch
Dec 8, 2018 9:23 AM
Dec 2018
Consistency of SAO episodes is showing now. Got better understanding of what to expect, which is nice. Some people may say it is edgy, I say it is just the style of their anime. Sometimes it is beautiful fantasy, other times it got their own dark side. Rate 5/7 (as Friday is the most perfect day from other seven days)
Dec 8, 2018 9:25 AM
Dec 2018
im asking if there is more rape scene in the next volume?
just think im going to drop this series.
Dec 8, 2018 9:29 AM
Jan 2018
albador said:

Not sure only read up to vol 12 half way 13 so far nope .
Dec 8, 2018 9:30 AM
Dec 2018
then i can keep going. thanks.
Dec 8, 2018 9:31 AM

Dec 2014
I always wonder why SAO has to resort to depicting such sexual violence in order to evoke some kind of strong emotion from the viewer. It gets the job done sure, but is there really no other way to do it?

Good episode though.

Extremely well produced episode, real props to A1. The first half was legit incredibly hard to watch and they did really well to make those two a pair of disgusting scums. The worst kind, of course.
I was really happy to see Eugeo overcome the taboo to cut that guys arms off. Extremely cool way of showing it as well with the system alert and the eye bursting.

Kirito taking down the other dude was awesome as well and I'm very glad he died. xD
Personally, I would've subjected the both of them to some nice slow torture before killing them. Unfortunately Kirito is too much of a nice guy to do that. xD

Alice at the end, I love her armor. She looks so beautiful in it. <3
Seems like she doesn't remember either of them? Interesting.

Apr 2014
deg said:
Mattinator95 said:

Which part was censored

thats stupid CR version ugh. I cant believe they censored it. In the TV version it wasnt censored.

Jul 2012
Wow... As someone that is not a fan of SAO (other than first 15 episodes) I must say this was incredible... This episode made me feel like back in the day when i just started watching anime and having a lot of fun.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2018 9:32 AM

Dec 2013
albador said:

stopped reading at like the last volume of the arc, before that there was no more rape-cannot say so about the last volume
Dec 8, 2018 9:33 AM

Sep 2014
Wtf did I just watch? I didn't even feel I was watching SAO with all this otp goriness. Anyway, with everything that transpired Kirito and Eugo managed to reach Alice since they also broke the rules. Finally, Alice is here.
Dec 8, 2018 9:35 AM
May 2016
Im just here to watch how people lose their shit >.>
Dec 8, 2018 9:35 AM

Jan 2009
moodie said:
thats stupid CR version ugh. I cant believe they censored it. In the TV version it wasnt censored.

i have to download fansubs of this if there is even any fansubbers doing this then lol

EDIT:

HorribleSubs aka CrunchyRoll webrip have this at the start of the episode

degDec 8, 2018 9:42 AM
Dec 8, 2018 9:36 AM

Nov 2016
Who would've guessed that things would play out this way, surprise surprise.

But seriously, this episode was comedy gold.

Raios fucking jump and tongue, tho...

How long is that thing even ?

At least we're done with this, guess the next episode will be an interesting one again.
FMmatronDec 8, 2018 9:40 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 8, 2018 9:41 AM

Sep 2014
It is the rape season hehe. Freaking died when Raios just jumped like that.
Dec 8, 2018 9:44 AM
Jan 2018
Main focus points of this episode:

The Seal and effect can be avoided by exploiting loopholes in the rules.

Imperial Law, Judicial Authority,

And egueo disobeying the taboo index with his own free will.

And Alice

Oh and killing one of the disposiables
Mattinator95Dec 8, 2018 10:00 AM
Dec 8, 2018 9:46 AM

Jun 2014
Sexual assault is fucked up, but I couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous it was when Raios jumped onto the bed like that lol. That, and his ridiculously long tongue. If you want me to have a strong negative reaction you can't start it off that way lol.

Anyway, those smug bastards finally got what they deserved, especially Raios (thank god he's dead). The things that happened to Eugeo with his eye, and Raios as he died, were interesting.

Finally, Alice has arrived (she looks a lot like Saber from Fate).
thebrentinator24Dec 8, 2018 10:06 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 8, 2018 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
Now this is where Alicization start getting freaking good.

The main heroine finally make appearance! I waited so long for this.

Dec 8, 2018 9:53 AM

Jul 2014
Chrome_Falcon said:
Haters are going to lose it this episode. This is going to be fun...
HiraKey said:
Can't wait to see this thread will full of haters complaining more and more for this episode and probably from now on :))
It'll be so funny to read their comments XD
Mattinator95 said:
It's gonna be fun comparing western reactions to Japan's hyped reactions seriously on a few series accounts they loved it XD

if anything, us "haters" are gonna have a field day roasting this episode lmaoo

btw will there be more pear? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

🍐
Dec 8, 2018 9:55 AM
May 2016
Maruseru1993 said:
Yes but in the Light Novel they got saved , so they are not going with the web novel thing here , also web novel is not canon >.>
Dec 8, 2018 10:06 AM
Jan 2018
KaiserNazrin said:
Now this is where Alicization start getting freaking good.

The main heroine finally make appearance! I waited so long for this.

Did I miss the part where the show got good? Because this was Fairy Dance 2.0.

Where does this logic even come from? "After 9 episodes of bullshit, finally it's starting to get freaking good, that's just how good writers write the best stories".
Dec 8, 2018 10:06 AM

Jul 2017
The animation was awesome and the atmosphere was chilling for this episode.

But I'm not a fan of how much SAO relies on rape as the main theme for many encounters like this. It feels too convenient story wise.
Dec 8, 2018 10:10 AM
May 2016
daaaaamnnn what an episode!
the expression of each characters, the animation, oh god, this episode exceeded my expectation!

Eugeo, you did a great job bruh.
Kirito, nice timing man!

it seems that the web novel is way worse than the anime adaptation, which means i won't read that sh*t. I hate that sh*t. I'm okay with the anime adaptation and the LN sh*t.

But honestly, i never liked a rape scene even if the hero come to rescue at the final moment. Sure it got the job done for some 'character improvement' but it always leave a bitter aftertaste for me. Some authors really need another new plot rather than rescuing-a-girl-from-a-perverted-strong-looking-bad-guy-which-actually-is-very-weak-then-gaining-new-power plot.

and, yay, we finally going to see Alice next week
Dec 8, 2018 10:12 AM

Dec 2015
Oh my god I knew this day was coming since I read the LN yeaars ago, I knew this was gonna happen when the plot drive for Kirito and Eugeo to commit those "crimes" would appear.

Needless to say, beautiful animated, it was exactly what I read, a lot of people be like "In the web novels they got blabla" but yeah no, the web novels aren't canon at all so you can forget about them.

Finally Ms Alice is here, my babygirl, I've been waiting for you for almost 5 years now. ♥

On the go, this is gonna be such an epic comment section, with the overly fanboys and the narcisist haters, as matter of fact, already doing a good job entertaing me, specially someone who's so butthurt commenting pretending he's not lmao.
Dec 8, 2018 10:14 AM

Dec 2015
God, I have seen thousands of "rape" scenes on anime, and I will always know that it would be interrupted, cuz then it wouldnt be on normal anime pages, but god this time I swear I really felt bad, Eugeo take his time to do something, its the first scene I watch that just one more second and the "rape" would be done, but at least the way it ended, like the death guy and his partner with a cutted arm, that was a really comfortable punishment, not just the common punch on the face, definitely this SAO arc looks great.
Dec 8, 2018 10:17 AM
Apr 2018
I really appreciate this episode, well produced and the caracther development is going on.
Dec 8, 2018 10:18 AM
Mar 2018
Wow look again at these one dimentional rapists with long tongues. Finally SAO became good!
Dec 8, 2018 10:19 AM
Aug 2013
moodie said:
You asked a question and I answered. Just drop this if it bugs you. You wont get anything indepth about why ppl enjoy SAO.

He always does this for all SAO threads
You can enjoy yourself reading his reaction :)
Dec 8, 2018 10:21 AM

Apr 2014
I am not going to lie this takes a lot of guts to even watch this episode. I knew this was coming eventually, but the way how it was done was to the uttermost best of the extreme. Even if it is for mature audiences or something this was not easy. Even for me, but I knew Karma at its' finest would happen. Even if it was a rule or law in order for a punishment that is suppose to happen. If I myself see someone I care about greatly,and they get a punishment that is not appropriate at all even if it is the peron's "right", I am not gonna sit my stupid butt there and watch. I would go in do the same thing that Eugeo and Kirito did. Call me stupid, but I would've done the same thing no matter what. Anyone can understand and see that.
Dec 8, 2018 10:22 AM

Jul 2014
HiraKey said:
moodie said:
You asked a question and I answered. Just drop this if it bugs you. You wont get anything indepth about why ppl enjoy SAO.

There will always be "those" triggered salty elitists that doesnt want you to enjoy what they dont enjoy, just ignore him and enjoy his salty responses.
Dec 8, 2018 10:25 AM
Aug 2013
-Stray said:
HiraKey said:

There will always be "those" triggered salty elitists that doesnt want you to enjoy what they dont enjoy, just ignore him and enjoy his salty responses.

Or you can enjoy and laughing while reading their reactions instead
Dec 8, 2018 10:25 AM
Mar 2018
Mattinator95 said:
moodie said:
Lol I am not going to give you a thesis on why I like something and the why the vast majority of ppl do as well. Anime is an audio-visual media and it excelled in doing its part to entertain me and many others.

you dont like it, ok.

Japan fans liked this epiosde alot becouse well it's Japan and they pretty much used to this stuff.

Dude, you're contradicting yourself. Why would they like this if they saw shit like this countless times already and got used to this stuff???? lmao
Dec 8, 2018 10:27 AM

Apr 2015
Thoroughly impressed by the delivery and direction of this episode. The animation and the dark theme made it very uncomfortable to watch, which is a good thing in this case. And the conclusion was equally satisfying.

Hopefully the episodes to follow will have this level of delivery and direction.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.