Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2018 10:03 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The second half of this manga was nowhere near the level of quality of the first. Although the last volume was nice, and certainly quite epic; it paled in compression to the final battle against Nakago. As a whole, I did enjoy reading this manga but I think I prefer the anime to it's source material.
Jun 1, 2020 4:53 PM

May 2010
Meh, the ending felt pretty empty. I didn't mind it, but can't say I was particularly engaged or intrigued either. It was what it was, nothing else nothing more.

Overall second arc wasn't really necessary after ending of the first one. It was too stretched, not that interesting, and it wasn't a better conclusion anyway. Classic move of milking the popular series, I guess. I did enjoy some parts, especially the development of Taka, and his and Miaka's relationship (they also finally got laid, after all these volumes full of teasing!!), and the additional development of Tasuki and expanding his role in this story, it was pure fun to read as well. Sadly, some of the more important characters from the first arc, like Hotohori and Nuriko didn't seem to be there at all. I know the focus wasn't on them, so it could be difficult to give them more screen time, but meh, leaving them out like this felt just like lazy writing. Shame for that!

If I'd have to rate it I'd give this second part 6/10, and the first one was probably like 7.5 for me. So I'll just round the score for this series to 7/10. I had lots of fun time reading it, some of the characters were lovable, and I just enjoyed their interactions and comedy. Plot-wise it might have not been the smartest series ever, but definitely a fantasy shoujo classic worth at least checking out.

More topics from this board

» About the ending of Fushigi Yuugi [SPOILERS]

TheQueenYoora - Jun 24, 2014

6 by Cerrasponda »»
Feb 5, 2023 7:14 PM

» What’s the reading order for this series?

lynsie - May 23, 2022

0 by lynsie »»
May 23, 2022 3:59 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Chapter 100 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Jun 1, 2020

0 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jun 1, 2020 3:33 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Chapter 94 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - May 26, 2020

0 by Kitsu-nee »»
May 26, 2020 2:51 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Chapter 88 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - May 26, 2020

0 by Kitsu-nee »»
May 26, 2020 12:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.