Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 22, 2018 7:41 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Wait, what? I thought they were destined to be together! I mean, they are one now, so it's almost the same thing, I wasn't prepared for this. Can he resummon her later? I mean, she appears in some parts of the opening theme song, so probably, the same goes for Veldora.
Looks like trouble is making its way to them, although, with how powerful Rimuuru is, and how powerful his followers are, I guess they can easily handle that boar.
By the way, Rimuru's body looks great, the amazing color scheme as well.
Nov 22, 2018 8:31 AM

Jan 2013
Briandias said:
When making an anime adaptation it's normal to have something left out, eventhough this ep could explain more about shizu situation, they decided not to.

Yes, and I normally complain that adaptation purposefully leaves out information critical to understanding the plot, but in this case, I don't think it really matters that much.

Briandias said:
Ps: dude stop spoiling it, it will be explained in the next ep, even the manga explain it in the next chapter lol 😅

I don't think it will be touched the next episode, they seems to be done with the arc, next episode should be new arc introducing new characters...

There has been other spoilers in this thread, and I don't think I spoiled that much. Anyway, anyone can read the manga. Perhaps, even should. It doesn't require that much of the effort as reading through the light novel would be.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Nov 22, 2018 11:17 AM

May 2018
Briandias said:
alshu said:
Got hyped by the previous episode but got really bored by this one...drop.
I was forcing myself to follow this show with the hope that more epic stuff is coming.
Too much melodrama for supposedly adventure title.

Try goblin slayer it's epic if nothing else Lol

So everybody is shitting on Goblin Slayer because it's too epic?
Nov 22, 2018 2:22 PM
Mar 2018
alshu said:
Briandias said:

Try goblin slayer it's epic if nothing else Lol

Well it's epic 👍
Nov 22, 2018 8:54 PM
Sep 2018
I personally think this shows how inexperienced the author was when he wrote the first volume considering the way he handles drama later on is way more impactful than shizu's death. In the LN, for example, shizu didn't even get that much time to shine. She was just a mask girl who we've journey throughout the volume with; nothing to be sad about and I didn't shed any tear.

But nevertheless, it serves as a good motivation for our mc, Rimuru, to have a goal to work toward. In the later volume, however, I can say he improves a lot in the category of handling drama.
CynicalWatchdogNov 22, 2018 8:59 PM
Nov 22, 2018 11:03 PM

May 2018
Briandias said:
alshu said:

Well it's epic 👍

It's a deal than!
I will never touch anything you call epic.
Nov 23, 2018 3:10 AM
Mar 2018
alshu said:
Briandias said:

Well it's epic 👍

It's a deal than!
I will never touch anything you call epic.

Lol, sadly GS is just not my cup of tea, I have enough stimulant anime this year, i need a slow anime that build it's character (well basicly slime)
Nov 23, 2018 3:38 AM

May 2018
Briandias said:

Lol, sadly GS is just not my cup of tea, I have enough stimulant anime this year, i need a slow anime that build it's character (well basicly slime)

1. Why mentioning Goblin Slayer at all?
If commenters are to be believed it's a dark but very shallow and cheaply made show.
I have skipped it on synopsis base even before people started to complain about it.
2. I was (wrongly) expecting something else from Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken like more action, adventures, exploring more exotic locations but got standard RPG stuff and lots of drama. This show is not for me.
If you like it, if it suits your mood this is great and I am happy for you!
How disliking (and it's a strong word actually decent show but not interesting for me) Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken makes me automatically a Goblin Slayer fan?
Nov 23, 2018 5:56 AM
Mar 2018
alshu said:
Briandias said:

If commenters are to be believed it's a dark but very shallow and cheaply made show.
I have skipped it on synopsis base even before people started to complain about it.
2. I was (wrongly) expecting something else from Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken like more action, adventures, exploring more exotic locations but got standard RPG stuff and lots of drama. This show is not for me.
How disliking (and it's a strong word actually decent show but not interesting for me) Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken makes me automatically a Goblin Slayer fan?
alshu said:
Briandias said:

Ok... I guess, well this is anime just enjoy it
Nov 24, 2018 8:29 AM
Mar 2018
Sooo, did we reach the point now where it becomes a dramedy and he gets all those fangirls that have all that fanservice potential, but eventually succumb the melodrama, so he has to "devour" them, which gives him the ability to transform into them, thus making himself his own harem or basically Pimp Ditto?!?
Nov 24, 2018 10:28 AM

Sep 2018
Really an episode that satisfies me fully. After this change of course, I think, albeit slightly, that something good can come out of this anime series. A little I got excited and saddened by the end of Shizu. The episode finale is very intriguing.
Nov 24, 2018 10:32 AM

Oct 2017
Even though this episode established an important plot point, I have to say that this episode is too boring for me to handle.
3/5
Nov 24, 2018 10:54 AM

Feb 2017
so, the first 8 ep of this series is only the prologue or base of the series.
bye veldora & shizu.

im afraid if this will go downhill and lost its good part and the atmosphere of the prologue.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Nov 24, 2018 11:38 AM

Mar 2016
What a great anime waiting to see more to prove my point :3

Nov 24, 2018 2:42 PM

Oct 2018
DonTrumpolino said:
Sooo, did we reach the point now where it becomes a dramedy and he gets all those fangirls that have all that fanservice potential, but eventually succumb the melodrama, so he has to "devour" them, which gives him the ability to transform into them, thus making himself his own harem or basically Pimp Ditto?!?

No he's a cultured slime. He's really faithful to his fallen waifu
Nov 24, 2018 3:02 PM

Oct 2014
Birdsanddrugs said:
DonTrumpolino said:

Actually the whole "destined one" crystal ball forunte telling scene was added by the manga. It existed in neither the WN nor the LN.
Nov 24, 2018 7:06 PM
Jun 2015
Grey-Zone said:
Birdsanddrugs said:

Actually the whole "destined one" crystal ball forunte telling scene was added by the manga. It existed in neither the WN nor the LN.

This combined with the fact that it's supposed mean a destined meeting it makes more sense. Technically Veldora was also a destined meeting.
Nov 24, 2018 11:28 PM
Nov 2015
I feel like it's a complete waste to make shizue die so early when she was clearly waifu material + had a great voice actor ...
I knew it was coming but damn it's just too sad :(
ryoleiNov 24, 2018 11:34 PM
Nov 25, 2018 1:26 AM

Apr 2015
For a watcher who was aware of this arc this was sloooow. Not bad per se, but long anyhow.

Still decent
Nov 25, 2018 2:19 AM
Jan 2018
doomrider7 said:
Grey-Zone said:

This combined with the fact that it's supposed mean a destined meeting it makes more sense. Technically Veldora was also a destined meeting.

The elf didn't say that she was his destined one as in mate did she ??
Nov 25, 2018 1:24 PM

May 2015
And Majin Buu absorbed one more person.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 26, 2018 3:38 PM

Jun 2017
Eating your "destined one" isn't something we see that often
In that matter, this anime truly is special
Nov 26, 2018 4:25 PM

Jan 2013
Oh.. It's been some time since an anime made me cry.
Nov 26, 2018 10:22 PM
Aug 2017
I wonder if shizue will come back or not. It will be really interesting.
Nov 27, 2018 8:40 PM

May 2018
How did the girl die? was it from old age? why did her body suddenly age? What was stopping her from aging? what am I missing here?
Nov 28, 2018 3:02 AM
Jan 2018
Only_Brad said:
How did the girl die? was it from old age? why did her body suddenly age? What was stopping her from aging? what am I missing here?

She died from age and exhaustion . Infrit was keeping her alive and young for like 60-70 years .

It was only now that she was unable to control or keep infrit from taking over her body which would have mostly likely killed her anyway as it would have no longer been her .
Nov 28, 2018 5:54 AM
Nov 2018
This has been an awesome show so far, i'm loving it. Rimuru human form is crazy hot.
Nov 28, 2018 6:18 AM
Nov 2018
kageromero said:
Perhaps it was a bit of a slow episode, and yes I want more, but damn it's been a while since an anime made me cry.

Did you saw Violet evergarden?
Or devilman crybaby episode 9?
Nov 28, 2018 6:37 AM
Jan 2017
after goblin,, dwarf, human, and now ogre too..
how awesome ...
Nov 28, 2018 6:39 AM
Jan 2017
Lanz said:
For a watcher who was aware of this arc this was sloooow. Not bad per se, but long anyhow.

Still decent
its better than too fast,, unlike tkyo ghoul, you miss the important part,,
Nov 28, 2018 6:39 AM
Jan 2017
Lanz said:

Still decent
its better than too fast,, unlike tkyo ghoul, you miss the important part,,
Nov 29, 2018 10:00 AM

Apr 2012
Shizue ;_;

Also interesting, Rimuru has also been given the mission to open a path between worlds, could mean working towards his own redemption too.
Dec 2, 2018 5:42 PM

Aug 2011
Can't believe Shizue is gone, I liked her a lot and wanted her to be around more. I thought her final moments (and most of the eps so far) had just the right pacing for me though. Moving forward I am excited to see more of Rimuru's human form.
Dec 10, 2018 4:39 AM

Dec 2016
ibraheem234 said:
wait wasn't shizu her destined partner or something but she just died

Well, I asked the same question. through watching the OP I thought she's his partner along the series.
MH93Dec 29, 2018 6:25 AM
Dec 12, 2018 12:02 AM
May 2016
Lil nip has a body now. Let the fanfic ensue
Jan 13, 2019 12:33 AM

Nov 2011
It's so touching story really ...
My eyes is wet and more when we remember that this is what they mean when they said that Shizu is destined to be his "lifetime partner" ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jan 21, 2019 7:07 AM

Mar 2016
I just wanted to watch 2 or 3 episodes to see if it was good. Watched 8 in a row... And it's pretty good. Feel bad for Shizu and hope Rimuru avenges her.
Jan 21, 2019 8:25 PM

Jul 2016
Oh, it was such a great episode. Very emotional but heartwarming in the end with Shizue being happy with her mother for the rest of eternity.
Feb 3, 2019 10:58 PM

May 2015
Slime is now part of my harem of executive dudes in loli bodies.
Rimuru and Tanya.
Feb 6, 2019 8:10 PM

Aug 2011
Wow what a great episode. I must admit I was dreading the whole Shizu story at first. When the fortune teller said she was gonna be his destined one I expected a generic wish fulfillment love story. Then she shows up and the story proceeds as I thought it would up until this episode.
I was not expecting this at all. Damn that was depressing, I actually now wish it had been the wish fulfilled love story I had expected.

I can't stop watching Shizu's death scene. Her whole speech after she ask to be eaten is so painful yet incredible beautiful at the same time. I honestly have no clue how the dialogue is as good as it is, it just is. Really, one of the best episodes I've seen in a while. Simply stunning.

My only grievance with the anime is that they revealed Rimuru's human form in the opening. Would've been better to save it up for later. Oh well but either way this is easily the best anime of the season. I'm regretting putting it off until now.
Feb 17, 2019 3:40 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah... this is what I felt when I first saw Shizu's face 2 episodes ago, how it reminded me of Rimuru's human form from the OP. Then by the end of that episode it dawned on me that she might be the very reason he looks like that. Not seeing her among the main team in the OP and ED, and the different scenes during the ED made me realize that she might die soon and be absorbed.

I feel so sad for her, I wish she could have stayed alive and go on the journeys with Rimuru :( But I guess it's sort of a happy ending for her.

That said, the "eat me, Rimuru" scene was pretty weird :'D Though I understood the meaning.
I like Rimuru's human form, he looks cool, although it's a bit awkward how feminine he is now. Kinda wish the OP/ED didn't spoil it from the very beginning, but it was okay this way as well.
I'm amused by the discussions about whether it's okay to lewd him, and how to do so :'D

I hope we can see those three guildmates later. They were fun.
Feb 26, 2019 10:35 PM
Jun 2017
idontknowsarcasm said:
LazyPanther said:
This episode was a giant exposition dump.

Surely it would have been better if they exposed details about Shizu over several episodes, rather than

"Listen to my life story, as I kick the bucket"

but what character would do that?
shizu said that to rimuru so he knows what happened to her and how she want's to be remembered.
that "exposition dump" had a place and a time, and that place and time were here, otherwise will just be facts from a character that we did not know it knowed shizu.
(sorry for my english)

Could have been herself explaining it in flashbacks to the team. Or it wouldn't even had to be explained by a character at all. Just storytelling by breaking the 4th wall could have done the job and would create tension and afection towards Shizu.

The way it was told, Shizu never had the time to grow towards the audience so we couldn't give a rats ass if she dies or not. She was too short lived and irrelevant screentime wise and we couldn't even feel Rimuru's afection towards her, if he had any. And that part, being Rimu's destined one, was also pretty dumb. They didn't have time for anything but realistically just some short lived comradery. I wouldn't even consider them friends. Those few days ain't enough.

The narrative that Shizu's been so important to Rimu is stupid and the plot asuming it just makes it look even dumber and unrealistic/ilogical.
Mar 11, 2019 8:24 PM
Aug 2018
I didn't expect this. I thought she would become a travel companion.
And looks like that "she is your destined one" prediction in that bar wasn't meant as being in a regular relationship.
So she is now dead inside of him but he gained her abilities?

Anyways, her screentime was too short to feel any real affection and that makes her death rather unimposing. So her only purpose in the story was to create a goal for the protagonist?
tr25a3Mar 11, 2019 8:33 PM
Mar 19, 2019 11:33 PM

May 2012
Thought something like this would happen, but damn that one bittersweet backstory and ending! Really lovely and we're only the 8th episode in! Really looking forward to see what's next!
Mar 28, 2019 3:12 PM

Jul 2013
Holy shit so that's how Rimuru got his human form. That's sad af. But why as a little kid though? Anyway, I wonder how the leader of the country that sent those 3 adventurers would react when he hears about Rimuru.
Apr 7, 2019 5:54 PM

May 2013
Aww, Rimuru's new human form is so adorable :}
I didn't think the oracle meant "destined" as in romance. Totally called it. Lolol. That's too bad, though. Oh well.

Those 3 adventurers are silly lol. Got way too emotional for the short amt of time they spent with Shizu, dafuq? xD I hope they're much stronger if they appear again in the future. Cool new equipment and stuffs doe

Sleep well, Shizu-chan.
Apr 26, 2019 3:56 AM
Oct 2018
Shizu didn’t last long... eighth episode and already a sad one. Hope she will make some apparences in the future, after all she is still in Rimuru. But one good thing about his death is the new Rimuru’s human form, it change from the slime.
Jun 22, 2019 5:25 AM

Mar 2015
Awwh Shizu left too soon :( but at least now we know why Rimuru looks exactly like her.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 30, 2019 6:44 AM

Oct 2013
RIP Shizu. At least she found peace in the end, being freed from Ifrit. She handed on her last will to Rimuru who was allowed to devour her.

Rimuru in human form looks alright, but I prefer him as Slime-sama. ;D Now we know why he looked like Shizu so much in the opening.

It's awesome to see the village being rebuilt so fast after Ifrit's rampage. I'm worried about the future of it, though. Let's be honest: those adventurers will give their reports about Rimuru and prospering village having the finest artisans who gave them such a fine equipment. I hope there won't be any war to conquer both the forest and the village. :S Plus that ending didn't look positive for all beings who lived peacefully in this forest.
AdnashJun 30, 2019 6:53 AM
Jul 11, 2019 4:00 AM
Apr 2018
Great episode but I wish they'd dedicated a bit of time to showing Shizu and the others adventures together. Would've really made it more emotional. Art style is still gorgeous
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2018

219 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

396 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

276 by knowndisc »»
Apr 28, 7:52 AM

» Why does he choose the opposite gender? ( 1 2 )

jaisan - Oct 15, 2018

50 by Reevansingh21 »»
Apr 26, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2019

129 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 26, 1:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.