Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What kind of relationship do you think Spike had with his parents?
Oct 28, 2018 10:00 AM

Jun 2011
A long while after I watched Cowboy Bebop, I had this strange question of what Spike's relationship with his mother was. For some weird reason, I thought he was a momma's boy and he had a really special one but I don't know since they never brought it up in the show and Spike doesn't seem that affectionate which may be from what happened in his past. Maybe he loved his parents, I don't know.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Nov 4, 2018 6:51 AM
Oct 2018
If you had watched more carefully you'd have realized it's implied Spike was an orphan, or didn't know his parents, and was taken in by the mafia from a young age.
Nov 4, 2018 10:00 AM

Jun 2011
frakurmom said:
If you had watched more carefully you'd have realized it's implied Spike was an orphan, or didn't know his parents, and was taken in by the mafia from a young age.

Since we never see Spike's parents, I assumed he was an orphan.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Nov 4, 2018 10:03 AM
Oct 2018
pinkarray said:
frakurmom said:

Your op says otherwise.
frakurmomNov 4, 2018 10:28 AM
Nov 4, 2018 10:48 AM

Jun 2011
frakurmom said:
pinkarray said:

Your op says otherwise.

I never said they are still alive. They are never seen or mentioned so they're either dead or abandoned him. I said "What would Spike's relationship with his parents be like" not "What is Spike's relationship with his parents like". Also, nowhere in the series states when he became an orphan. All I know is that he was in the Red Dragon Syndicate since he was 17 so he had no parents by the time he was 17.

Also, where did it suggest that Spike never knew his parents? The series didn't say anything about his parents so how do we know if he knew his parents or not?

Oct 11, 2022 7:34 PM
Dec 2017
bold to assume he had parents and if he did, must have been shitty

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

aaronluis26 - Nov 15, 2008

179 by Yoeshi »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 22, 2009

115 by Lollipop975 »»
Yesterday, 10:35 AM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Metty - May 14, 2008

626 by Mirrow »»
May 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

123 by Shobbrook »»
May 8, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 13, 2008

207 by Shobbrook »»
May 8, 1:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.