Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 12, 2018 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, this show continues to explore the character relationship dynamics between Sayaka and Touko. Speaking of which, Touko is actually a pretty decent volleyball player.

The episode still had a very melancholic feeling and it even uses the music to enhance that experience. I'm not sure if Sayaka understands what love is but the show is definitely trying to focus on her character.
Oct 12, 2018 6:40 AM

Jun 2013
The opening is pretty good, I love its idea and direction.

That kiss scene... I didn't expect it to be this soon, but I did like how it was presented a lot, with the train that covered them and everything.
It seems that Touko is going to be the one who will make the character of Yuu developing through the show.

Not bad at all second episode, I hope the series will continue to be as interesting.
MrMushinOct 12, 2018 6:44 AM
Oct 12, 2018 8:04 AM

Feb 2010
The style of the OP is a bit out of my expectation, but maybe it will grow on me...

...is it just me, or the animation of the scene during Touko and Sayaka is not so good? poor Sayaka...
Oct 12, 2018 8:06 AM
Jan 2018
not sure how far this is going to be adapted , but vol 1 will end a episode 5 going by the chapters of the manga in the whole volume that is,
Mattinator95Oct 12, 2018 8:29 AM
Oct 12, 2018 9:07 AM

Dec 2015
The dolls and vines shot in the op freaked me out. Otherwise a nice opening.

This episode picked up the pace and covered 2 chapters. The kiss looked nice. Also, I love the soundtrack. The melancholic feeling it gives is perfect for the show.

The only complaint I had, was that the characters looked bland compared to the detailed background, but that didn't even bother me that much this episode.
Ace_CardOct 12, 2018 12:32 PM

Oct 12, 2018 9:33 AM

Aug 2017
This anime is really better than I expected. Should be more popular than Citrus trash tbh. But I'm afraid because the pacing is a little slow, (maybe it is because first chapters are longer than last chapters) but if they continue like this, the anime will end at volume 5, I really do want to see volume 6 get adapted.
Man I wish it was longer than 13 episodes.. Anyway, that train scene was legend. And I really liked opening and ending.
ladystarstruckOct 12, 2018 9:36 AM
Oct 12, 2018 9:57 AM

Feb 2016
Good episode, Animation is still smooth. Definitely better than Citrus. The train scene was AMAZING

I can't blame Koito, I tend to do the same without thinking about it twice xD. I'm up to see how far their relationship will go.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 12, 2018 11:53 AM

Apr 2016
Come on girls, you can't be both the confused hetero, one of you must be the crazy sexual offender ... hmm ... maybe the third girl will turn yandere mode soon, well lets wait and see.

But the OP was nice.
Oct 12, 2018 12:04 PM
Sep 2017
I really like the animation and music.
As a manga reader, I hope volume 6 gets adapted. That would be great.
:)

THE GAYS MUST RISE
Introvert
Oct 12, 2018 12:23 PM

May 2017
This anime is adorable so far, I absolutely loved the little hand holding scene.
I'm really liking Nanami, I'm honestly glad she isn't pressuring Kaito to date her or something.
I also really enjoyed the visuals for the OP, all the flowers just looked really interesting.
Oct 12, 2018 12:24 PM

May 2014
Pretty boring episode tbh, the romance kinda ruins it.
Oct 12, 2018 12:24 PM

Dec 2015
The OP is sweet and very fitting.

Nice to see that episode 2 had a lot more for the viewer to bite into. I'm very excited to see what will come next.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 12, 2018 1:04 PM

Jul 2017
The opening was interesting. Not the best among the season, but not bad at all.

Another nice episode and I like the way the teasing of the relationship happened with that kiss.

The pacing feels good and real too so overall, some solid stuff.
Oct 12, 2018 1:10 PM

Jan 2018
Ericonator said:

Well, it's a romance after all, so idk if it's for you then.
Oct 12, 2018 1:12 PM

May 2014
ChemicalBro said:
Ericonator said:

Maybe, guess I was hoping it was a bit more like Sakura Trick or something.
Oct 12, 2018 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
Two identical souls, one who finally woke up to love, while the other remains in the dark. Is Nanami's-senpai love the most selfless, or the most selfish?

In this episode we learn a bit more about both main characters, and I think it was able to set a really good basis for the upcoming developments, way better than the first episode.
To begin with, we got to see how both characters reacted to last episode ending, and how it affected their relationship. Yuu, seems to be uncomfortable with the situation , yet she is terrible jealous of how Touko feels, which seems to attract her to Touko. On the other hand, Touko seems to be "comfortable" with it, even though we could clearly see she's sad by this unrequited love. Yet, she kept being pushy with Yuu so she would accept the job, and she's doing everything in her power to keep her at bay. Will this make Yuu step into the light, and finally develop some feelings?!

Also, we clearly understood Sayaka has feelings for Touko, and that a love triangle of sorts is being created. Touko seems to be aware of it, yet she does what she did with anyone up to finding Yuu, she graciously ignores it, waving away any possibility of anything else but a friendship.

To conclude, pretty solid episode and I hope the anime keeps progressing at this pace. On a side note, this show keeps giving me "Kuzu no Honkai" vibes, and I adore that :p
removed-userOct 20, 2018 2:56 PM
Oct 12, 2018 2:18 PM

Mar 2018
I want to file a complaint against this anime, because Yuu couldn't say that she didn't love senpai and instead senpai said that. This slightly ruined the scene for me, because instead I think it would've been much more emotional if Yuu would've said it. Yeah i know that in the spirit of the manga senpai should do things unfair and all of that symbolic shit, but I can't help but think it would've been a way better seen if Yuu said it.

Was an okay episode
Oct 12, 2018 2:22 PM
Feb 2018
the artwork in this was soo amazing!
the monochromatic effects are really well done and the eye style, damn I really love it.
Oct 12, 2018 2:42 PM

Mar 2016
Saeki didn't do something bitter, and instead she confronted Nanami and they tried to reach a solution. It was really nice. I love that they didn't add unnecessary drama.

I didn't like the surprise kiss, but I love that Nanami apologised.

Koito didn't fall in love with the senpai, which is something I don't really see a lot in fiction. It was very refreshing.

Nanami doesn't expect Koito to fall in lover with her, but wants to stay in love while she can. That is too sweet!

This is far better than 'Citrus' and "Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu". They're just too abusive!!
Oct 12, 2018 2:51 PM
Sep 2018
MC! mc is like a noob when it comes to her heart going doki doki
wtf!
at least my ship is going smoothly in juliet anime

what is going on here!!
i guess its called bloom into you ...she will bloom soon baby cutie mc DAMIT
Oct 12, 2018 2:53 PM

Apr 2015
That kiss was really unexpected, but the way it was presented was really nice.
Oct 12, 2018 3:50 PM

Sep 2014
Strange. Why is this show so relatable?
Oct 12, 2018 4:12 PM

May 2015
I love the OP and how they animated it. ED is pretty cute and catchy.

Anyway, great episode. I think they did the kissing scene really well, and I really like how they're animating the inner thoughts of Yuu.

Oct 12, 2018 4:30 PM

Nov 2017
Another great episode I loved it!
The art and design is just stunning to me and is a full 10/10
That kiss had me rolling 😍😍😍😍
Both yuu and touko are like firing questions at eachother yet they both have no clue about it either. They dont understand it and have no experience, which is quite interesting to see from touko seeing her character and personality is actually the opposite

plz @ me
Oct 12, 2018 4:50 PM
Jun 2016
Series so far doesn't disappoint at all. Visuals and animation are nice and this character build is goes smoothly. Never read the source material so as an anime only watcher, I'd say it's pretty decent from my perception.
Oct 12, 2018 9:23 PM

Mar 2009
Can't say I'm too pleased with how she just kissed her like that. Nanami's slightly pushy. At least she apologized I guess...
Oct 12, 2018 9:30 PM
Mar 2017
Poor Yuu, she is under such pressure, first for being Touko's campaign director and second for Touko's confession.
The Opening was quite beautiful, the flowers gave it a melancholic air and let understand the theme of the feelings of the girls, the Ending was quite adorable, personally I loved the idea of ​​the plastic glasses phones and what Touko says to Yuu.
Apparently Sayaka is upset by the decision of Touko, although we all know that she is a little jealous of Yuu. The volleyball game was very good, this made it clear that Touko has full confidence that Sayaka will always support her.
I must say that I love the framing of the eyes in this anime, they show the emotions of the girls flow naturally, also Touko's smile is so purifying.
The train scene was a great impact, it was spectacular and the kiss was the surprise of the episode, Touko ashamed is adorable and the same for Yuu.
The interview of the candidates was quite lovely, that shy hold hands was adorable, I felt it like a little revenge from Yuu's part for the sudden kiss. In the end Yuu is the most confused by this situation, she does not know what to do and she does not know how to accept Touko's love, but in the end she ends up accepting although she is still unsure of what will happen.
Oct 12, 2018 9:33 PM

Mar 2017
Loving the OP. Good music. I can tell this type of music to attract female viewers. Graphics has a good Kuzu no Honkai vibe--but maybe not as much.

Train scene was amazing. I'm glad it was a slow down-stop scene and only them two moving, yet kept the backsound running soft; no music. Entranced.

I could relate so much in the holding hand scene, that senpai really is being unfair to her. But this is also the very reason she decides to follow along.

Good BGM. Pace is okay. Definitely looking forward to this.
nr101Oct 12, 2018 9:57 PM
Oct 12, 2018 9:34 PM

Sep 2017
I like how forward Touko is with her feelings; for that matter Saeki as well. I wasn't expecting a kiss so soon, but it just shows that Touko isn't playing around. I'm actually really happy they are doing this rather than playing off the 'confession' of last episode like it never happened or was a misunderstanding etc.

Is kinda feelsbadman tho. Touko finally found someone to make her go doki doki, but poor Yuu still doesn't feel anything. I have a feeling that this "I'm okay with loving you even if you don't love me" will not turn out too well.
Oct 12, 2018 9:37 PM

Jan 2011
finally a decent yuri , this dynamic is interesting but i feel like some flags have been set for people getting seriously hurt by the end D:

OP/ED are nice like the flowers in the op wish they looked a bit higher in quality though
Oct 12, 2018 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
Another pretty solid episode from this show and especially how different two main lead turned out to be and romance element is handled in a pretty interesting way for me something not one-sided and going much realistic.

Also dat kiss scene was really something special..
Oct 12, 2018 10:30 PM
Sep 2018
Ericonator said:
ChemicalBro said:

Maybe, guess I was hoping it was a bit more like Sakura Trick or something.

Sakura Trick was cute. This is cute with a side order of emotional depth and character exploration.
Oct 12, 2018 10:52 PM

Sep 2013
Better than ep 1.
The theme will be yuu learning to love.
Oct 12, 2018 11:04 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
The manga has already great and the anime surely doesn't disappoint, really hoping to keep like this.
Oct 12, 2018 11:47 PM

May 2015
That kiss scene was visually so intense, so satisfying to watch, and not because of the kiss itself - even before that the many interestingly chosen viewpoints of the camera that shows their walking to the railroad crossing (a curiously special place in anime shows) signified the importance of the coming scene - the stopping of the time, the outfading of the colors during the kiss, and then the impact of the returning wind of the passing train, which in the moment of the kiss they didn't even notice; these showed so well the lasting impression of the moment of a first kiss.
IshitatesoOct 12, 2018 11:53 PM
Oct 13, 2018 1:26 AM

Mar 2017
That kiss was totally unexpected. Koito still doesn't feel anything. I didn't pay attention to the visuals in the first episode. But the visual is actually pretty good. Opening theme is good and all, ending wasn't bad either.
Another good episode.
Oct 13, 2018 2:19 AM
Nov 2015
I don't know if there is anyone who plays Kingdom Hearts here , but at 7:37 the soundtrack played is very similar to the twilight town theme
Oct 13, 2018 3:30 AM

Aug 2008
The kiss was so spontaneous, but well timed. The execution was perfect too. I'm loving the style of this anime, and the direction too.
The two main leads are very intriguing to watch develop, and certainly fresh from a girl's love genre perspective.

If the show keeps with this level of quality, it's certainly going to be my personal pick for best romance story of the season.
Oct 13, 2018 5:54 AM
Jun 2017
The OP OST is nice, its pleasant to hear to my ears...

That kiss was a surprise one. Hahaha...
Oct 13, 2018 6:30 AM

Sep 2013
Sayaka is the best, Nanami isnt right in the head. I'm feeling bad for our best girl already.
Oct 13, 2018 7:15 AM

Feb 2014
I really like the OP animation. It fits really nicely with the song. =)

As for the episode, it shows a big contrast between Touko and Yuu. Touko is very upfront with her feelings and her kiss with Yuu at the train crossing was a bit of a surprise, although the timing for the kiss itself was nicely done.

Yuu's thoughts is very conflicted though, with her feeling no romantic feelings for Touko, despite having her first kiss being taken from her by Touko. Either way, this development between the two is certainly intriguing and I look forward to seeing their friendship goes from here. =)
Oct 13, 2018 7:34 AM

Mar 2016
i think this is the second most relatable anime i've ever seen lmao
i'm loving it, can't wait for the next eps
Oct 13, 2018 10:55 AM

Apr 2009
Yuu seems like she's asexual.
I find this anime quite relatable.
Oct 13, 2018 12:26 PM
Jan 2018
MrMushin said:
The opening is pretty good, I love its idea and direction.

That kiss scene... I didn't expect it to be this soon, but I did like how it was presented a lot, with the train that covered them and everything.
It seems that Touko is going to be the one who will make the character of Yuu developing through the show.

Not bad at all second episode, I hope the series will continue to be as interesting.

As long as the adaptation stays true to the original story, it will continue to be interesting, and considering how accurate it's been so far, I think it will stay with the manga.
Oct 13, 2018 2:48 PM

Dec 2014
Good stuff.

Loved the direction for the kiss scene.

I liked how they're showing how similar Koito and Touko were when it comes to love but not since Touko's found it, Koito kinda feels let out.

I did like the last scene as well where Touko says, she understands that Koito may not be able to feel the same way as her but she would like to still keep loving her.

Looking forward to seeing how Koito will learn to love.
Oct 13, 2018 3:02 PM

Apr 2018
RainSprite said:
Yuu seems like she's asexual.
I find this anime quite relatable.

Honestly i'm getting such strong aro(ace) vibes from her and i was not expecting that at all, despite knowing the manga by reputation at least.
The scene where she holds Nanami's hand to try and feel what she's feeling and just ends up with a vague sense of guilt and disappointed at the lack of butterflies, was one of the most relatable things I've seen in any anime in a long time.
I guess there's no doubt where the anime will be going with that, considering the title is literally bloom into you, but I'm still interested in how they'll deal with this aspect of Yuu.
Oct 13, 2018 4:35 PM

Jul 2014
I dont think I've seen another romance with such a unique character dynamic between the main couple. Granted, there are many protagonists, especially in shoujo manga, that are naive and inexperienced when it comes to romance. But its really interesting that Yuu's reaction to her senpai falling in love her is disappointment rather than the awkward flustered blushing that occurs to anime characters even when responding to someone they dont love. The disconnect between their reactions when they hold hands made me realize this is not going to be all sunshine and rainbows despite still being a wholesome and fluffy show.

And thats exactly what intrigues me about this anime. Shows like Scums Wish go too far with the realistic drama and hateable characters to be enjoyable for me. But on the other end, standard anime romances tend to be too wishy-washy with love interests that are too idealised and obviously designed to be as appealing as possible, usually with insignificant 'flaws' so that fans can feel good being loyal to these characters by 'overlooking' those flaws. Its only the second episode but this show already seems like it has found the right middle ground between those 2 extremes. That alone has earned my attention and makes me want to watch this show to the end.
Oct 13, 2018 8:23 PM

Jul 2016
I liked the melancholic feeling this episode portrayed. Moreover, the use of inner thoughts to show Yuu's current situation were nice to hear.

The episode itself was really good. I found very interesting the way the main duo acted toward each other regarding what happened last ep. Especially, I kind of understand Yuu's frustration during the ep. I mean... she must be feeling really confused since she can't feel anything after the love confession and the kiss she received. And even more confused and frustrated since Touka is experimenting the exact same feelings she has been longing for.

Regarding the kiss scene, it was nicely directed. I wasn't expecting Touko to do that but based on the previous ep. I guess she is more of the upfront type when it comes to express her own feelings regarding love. And to be honest, for this kind of shows, it's necessary to have at least one character with this personality because otherwise, the anime would be really boring if none of them take the first step. That's just me tho.

And also, the whole scene at the cafe gave some "Aoi Hana" vibes, which was nice since Aoi Hana was the only Shoujo Ai anime I truly enjoyed.
Oct 13, 2018 8:40 PM

Aug 2017
I loved it. First Yuri I've ever watched.
I get way too emotional when watching this anime. I smile constantly and my eyes get more moist than usual.
I just hope one thing and it's that Yuu gets to love Touko back. It's pretty rare to like the main character's relationship over the others, but this one will be worth it.
Oct 13, 2018 10:33 PM

Jan 2012
This show is so peaceful.
It's nice to see them calmly getting along and exploring their feelings. The art style is also very easy on the eyes and perfectly suites the characters.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Romances On A Similar Level To Bloom Into You?

Enderobot - May 2

10 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
May 4, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2018

199 by Worsethansoap »»
Mar 24, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

246 by rieeya »»
Feb 28, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM

» anime or manga

kotosugu - Oct 12, 2023

17 by Atsunome »»
Jan 10, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.