Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 3, 2018 8:02 AM
Apr 2016
Right this question isn't as straightforward as the title, what I want to know from you lovely people is:-

1) If they decided to write for him to end up with someone in the main cast who do you think would be the canonical choice?

2) Who do you think he should end with, as in who would make the most sense from how the story has gone so far?

and finally the one I am most interested in.

3) Who would you love for him to end up with, even if makes no sense in the story?

If you wanted to do multiple choices go ahead... I will be ^_~

1) I can see them going one of two ways a) They go through with the political incestuous marriage to cement their claim to the Yotsuba if and when they try to take out their aunt. b) another political marriage, but with Mayumi. but there is a hint of actual feelings. I know Tatsuya has little to no emotions anymore, but I always thought there has been a little spark (however little) between them, especially on Mayumi's side as she is called out on it by Mari in one of the latter LNs and the way Tatsuya likes to play around with her in a completely different way then he does with any of the other girls.

2) Mayumi for the above reasons.

3) Now here are my choices of who I would love to see him end up with, from a-c a) being the one I want the most.

a) It would have to Mayumi the above reason is a small part of it, but I just think she is the best match for him and for she is the best girl.
b) Mizuki, now this is completely because she is my second best girl, I am just a sucker for meganekko, normally the glasses girl would be best girl, but there is just something I absolutely love about Mayumi. but Mizuki's type is my go-to type of girls in anime, the glasses, shy and sweet, a little naive and gullible, but very loyal to those she cares about... plus there are a there are two sizable cherries on the top of all that to complete my perfect anime girl ^_~
c) Lastly and just because of the way she is so in love with him, Honoka.

d) oh I'll add one more, just because how they are both are strategic weapons and are seen as nothing more than that by some people would be Angie. ^_^
KeiradeadgirlOct 3, 2018 8:06 AM
Oct 8, 2018 2:31 AM
Aug 2016
I want him to end up with either Miyuki or Saegusa IF NOT BOTH. rest doesn''t matter.
Oct 8, 2018 2:38 AM

Mar 2015
Masaki is the best choice obviously
Oct 8, 2018 2:40 AM

Feb 2016
Its been blatantly obvious for a very long time he's gonna end up with Miyuki, even more so in the more recent volumes, people who ship him with Mayumi make up all these excuses like you did here to try and make it look like your ship is gonna happen, but it wont :p
Oct 25, 2018 1:13 AM
Feb 2015
I agree that there is little doubt that he will end up with Miyuki, if anyone at all. He's basically forced into that conclusion by the entire "no emotions except the love for his sister/desire to protect her" gimmick.

Personally I absolutely dislike it. On the one hand because she's a bland, empty character with nothing about her except the obsession with her brother. And on the other hand because he basically has little to no self determination in this. It's just an unhealthy thing all-around.

Mayumi would be the natural choice if he wasn't emotionally crippled that way (they certainly seem to have good chemistry on a personal level) but it won't happen. It's blatantly obvious what the author intends. The entire foundation of the story is set up that way.

I don't like it but there's really no denying it.

(I've only watched the anime, but what I've heard about the LNs mostly supports this line of thought)
el_marvoOct 25, 2018 1:37 AM
Oct 30, 2018 8:27 AM
Sep 2017
Only mayumi is the best choice for me,miyuki is too possesive for her own good
Oct 30, 2018 8:49 AM
Jan 2015
No one at this rate, not even his relationship with Miyuki has taken any significant progress since he still views her as just his sister even in the latest point in the books,
My Queens

Dec 11, 2018 10:24 AM
Jun 2014
I hope he ends up with miyuki she is perfect for him!
Dec 28, 2018 5:50 AM

Aug 2018
I think he'll end up with Miyuki. We've known for a long time that he's only capable of having feelings for Miyuki even if it's just brotherly love and not romantic. For Tatsuya, Miyuki literally is everything for him. He doesn't give a single damn about the world as long as he has Miyuki by his side. Even Yakumo said that if something were to ever happen to Miyuki, Tatsuya would destroy the world. And that's not an understatement.
Similar to Tatsuya, it's the same for Miyuki as well. She only lives for Tatsuya's sake.
So just by these factors alone, it's pretty obvious to me that Miyuki will end up with Tatsuya.

Unless that author decides to kill Miyuki. At which point I'll throw away my phone and pc in a nearby pond and never touch another LN again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2019 8:17 PM

Jun 2015
Miyuki's not even his real sister, she's his mother clone, created to limit his power. she's basically 47, the only successful clone ever. Also she's literally created to be his waifu. so he ends up with Miyuki.

Also as far as Mayumi is concerned, I think she gets married to Jumonji.

its a politically arranged marriage, but ends up better than poor maya yotsuba's.

although simple shieldface jumon might be too simple minded and be used / manipulated by mayumi.
Jan 12, 2019 10:31 AM
Apr 2016
Thanks for everyone's replies, I love hearing everyone's ideas, but everyone only seems to be answering one of the questions. about who you actually think he will end up with, I also wanna know who you would want him to end up with if you were writing it which made sense to the canon and who you would want him to end up with even it made no sense to the canon.

and maybe who you want as a personal waifu ^_^
Jan 15, 2019 6:37 AM
Sep 2017
I got a question
I haven't started reading the novel yet or watched the anime but are they legit brothers and sisters?

Cause i dont want my anime to end in an open ending.

Apr 27, 2019 2:01 PM
Dec 2014
ThreadFazer said:
I got a question
I haven't started reading the novel yet or watched the anime but are they legit brothers and sisters?

If I'm not wrong she is his cousin or something though thats not mentioned in the anime.
Also in the anime there is almost no romance, just some between the side characters.
Jun 21, 2020 6:46 AM
Jun 2020
One of the main reason I love this anime is because of the bond between tatsuya and miyuki,if there love story fall apart it could make me very sad.
Jun 24, 2020 2:46 AM
Apr 2016
Sudhish said:
One of the main reason I love this anime is because of the bond between tatsuya and miyuki,if there love story fall apart it could make me very sad.

To be completely honest I asked this question more about who people would like to end up with themselves, just asked the other questions as I thought they would be interesting as well.
Oct 24, 2020 8:15 PM
Oct 2020
It's obvious that Tatsuya will end up with miyuki. I hate it but it's the truth.
Oct 26, 2020 10:25 AM

Nov 2019
KuroudoAkabane said:
Miyuki's not even his real sister, she's his mother clone, created to limit his power. she's basically 47, the only successful clone ever. Also she's literally created to be his waifu. so he ends up with Miyuki.

Lol doesn't that make it worse? Coz half of his genes are her
Oct 26, 2020 10:45 AM

Jun 2010
YggdraSEED said:
KuroudoAkabane said:

Don't know where that commenter got the clone story from but as far as I've read in the LN:
Oct 30, 2020 11:57 PM
Dec 2019
Mayumi doesn't have a chance from the start even if we discard the fact that Tatsuya doesn't have a strong emotion. because She's a Saegusa and Tatsuya is a Yotsuba, those two has been a rival clan from the beginning. Aside from Miyuki i think Ayako and Lina would be a perfect pairs for Tatsuya
DeadmandreamOct 31, 2020 12:58 PM
Oct 31, 2020 1:05 AM
Apr 2016
Deadmandream said:
Mayumi doesn't have a chance from the start even if we discard the fact that Tatsuya is doesn't have a strong emotion. because She's a Saegusa and Tatsuya is a Yotsuba, those two has been a rival clan from the beginning. Aside from Miyuki i think Ayako and Lina would be a perfect pairs for Tatsuya

I agree with pretty much everything you said, except about the emotions part, because if you go with last weeks episode (and feel terrible that I didn't pick up on this in LN as I had read up 16 at the time)

Though I have said this before (I think, but I might have worded it differently) I wrote this post for 3 reasons for people to post how they think it will go in the official media, how you would have it go with if you were the god of this world and had complete control of what happened and last and more important lol which of the girls would choose for yourself, not Tatsuya.
Nov 2, 2020 8:20 PM
Oct 2009
I vote for Erika, she is interesting. Actually there are too many intreresting girls Fujibayashi, Kyouko, Lina, Mari, Mayumi, Azusa. I vwould vote out only Mizuki.
Nov 3, 2020 12:44 AM
Oct 2020
ThreadFazer said:
I got a question

She's his sister alright. Thing is she is basically so genetically engineered that their DNA doesn't match up at all.

And at least in the last translated volume they're engaged and the only thing they haven't done is going to bed yet, Tatsuya even says that if Miyuki asks for it he doesn't have a problem with it. So... yeah.

There's not even a glimpse of hope for anyone else. Atm I see Angie more probable than Mayumi if there would ever be a 2nd wife.
Nov 7, 2020 2:31 PM

Jun 2015
YggdraSEED said:
KuroudoAkabane said:

you say worse, I say better......

imoto incest is inferior to oka-saan incest after all.
Nov 7, 2020 5:57 PM

Nov 2019
KuroudoAkabane said:
YggdraSEED said:

you say worse, I say better......

imoto incest is inferior to oka-saan incest after all.

I mean was in a biological sense but yeah have to agree, that's the best wincest tag
Nov 23, 2020 2:17 AM
Oct 2020
incest is one of the focal point in mahouka story.

Vol 16

Sequel Mahouka: Magian Company vol 1

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.