Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 7, 2018 7:07 PM

Jun 2013
I thought it was pretty average compared to P4. The story was okay. The one thing that always bugs about Persona series is the fact that MC have little to no character or personality despite their mysterious past which makes them quite bland and boring especially when they passively agree with everyone and have no personal opinion like a robot. Maybe it's meant to be that way in games but why not flesh out the character in the anime to make it more them more likeable.

Anyways I kinda knew Akechi was the antagonist. When he said he went it to metaverse and ended up waking his persona for the first time but was able to make it back unscathed when confronted by the Man with black mask who is considered to be more dangerous then the Phantom thieves. I knew there was more to his bullshit.

Well I hope this gets a sequel so we know how it truly ends.
Oct 9, 2018 10:52 AM

Nov 2016
Had some good parts, but was overall nothing special, they could've done way better with the concept.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2018 9:34 AM

Jan 2014
since I don't play the game, I actually hoped Ren and friends solved the black mask guy, the Futaba's mother case, and the principal case. too bad they only animated until this point.

my reaction be like:
Oct 10, 2018 1:36 PM
Oct 2017
Ending the anime with a bad ending. I'll wait for the special episodes. Hoping that they will show the real deal. I want to see that final justice shot from Satanael.

Great series expecting more to come in the special episodes.

Sketchy Akechi...tsk tsk...
Oct 10, 2018 1:43 PM

Apr 2013
My lord. This isn't the "Bad ending" in the game. It's the ending that everyone goes through. You just have to see what comes after it. So much misinformation in this thread, it's appalling.
Oct 14, 2018 5:37 PM

Mar 2014
The opening was amazing. The rest was... Lol

3/10

I'm looking forward to seeing A-1 fuck up the true ending as well
Comic_SansOct 14, 2018 5:41 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 14, 2018 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
As an anime only I'm honestly shook. I'm really looking forward to that OVA, but if I'm looking at just these 26 episodes I'd give it a 6.5~7/10. Art was mostly inconsistent but the last episode kind of makes up for it. The chills are real.

I enjoyed how this episode was handled and I actually like that I'm left with a lot of questions. It's been a while since a series has made me feel this way.

omg that spoiler is so tempting to read aaaa
Oct 14, 2018 8:54 PM

May 2015
>.> Ending was joke...reason why i don't like Persona at all. Over hyper to its core, least i'm done with it and can move on to better anime now.
Oct 18, 2018 1:22 PM

Oct 2017
DivinityNora said:
>.> Ending was joke...reason why i don't like Persona at all. Over hyper to its core, least i'm done with it and can move on to better anime now.

Except that's only the turning point of Persona 5 and not the ending.

Plus this adaptation is really horrendous in every way perceivable, from bad animation/ inconsistent / sloppy art/ laughable combat and horrendous pacing.

Sigh, this adaptation only gave people false interpretation of the game, and people like you will entitled that the game is also bad just because the adaptation is bad.

Just saying the game got the highest score of all games on some sites .
Oct 19, 2018 12:24 PM

Jan 2015
That was so dissapointing. I was ready to give it a 7 from the twist, but this ending made me put it 6. Finally finished this anime.
Oct 20, 2018 5:26 PM

May 2014
So that's it? Haven't played the game, is that how the game ends as well? Or is it different?
This feels like they left out way too many of the crucial details. Would I have a better understanding with the knowledge from the game?
Oct 25, 2018 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
Omegasword said:
So that's it? Haven't played the game, is that how the game ends as well? Or is it different?
This feels like they left out way too many of the crucial details. Would I have a better understanding with the knowledge from the game?

The game doesn't end like this and neither the anime... there will be some special showing the real ending.
Oct 25, 2018 6:38 PM

May 2018
OK. What the actual fuck?!?!?!
There's no way I'm going to believe that this bipolar jackass killed Ren.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Oct 26, 2018 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
Ittan_Momen said:
OK. What the actual fuck?!?!?!
There's no way I'm going to believe that this bipolar jackass killed Ren.

Did you even watch the episode till the very end? He isn't actually dead.
Oct 31, 2018 2:44 PM

May 2014
So there's gonna be a second season I take it?

This was an adequate adaptation, I'm not sure how someone who hasn't played the game would take it, probably bad. But I view it as basically a recap of the game and can enjoy it.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Nov 1, 2018 9:05 AM
Jun 2015
It's so depressing to know that people who haven't even played the game watched this. There's no way you could have enjoyed it properly given how rushed it was (it felt like a recap), and now you can't even experience the game spoiler free... smh
Nov 19, 2018 4:27 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, I'm so disappointed that they ended it like that without a season 2 announcement. I know there's an OVA episode later that'll probably explain what happened, but I sure hope they do another cour or an OVA series to finish this adaptation.

With the negatives out of the way, wow, that opening was really good. I'm just sad that we only saw it for one episode D:

Overall, I thought this was a pretty good condensed adaptation for those who've already played the game. They couldn't get all the way to the end, but if there's a continuation of some sort down the line to complete the story, I'd much rather have it this way than them rushing the whole game into 26 episodes. And because of that, they were able to adapt some of the confidants' stories to flesh out more main and side characters for the non-players. I really enjoyed seeing everything animated and the extra stuff they added in like the school festival haunted house scene haha. And all the extra scenes to add to Ren's relationship with Goro were really nice too.

Here's hoping for a completion to this story sometime in the future :)
Nov 28, 2018 12:18 AM
May 2018
WHY KILLS THE PROTAGONIST LIKE THAT SERIOUSLY I HATE THAT

are you serious? i mean everything okay until then that police looking guy do the possible and bam its killed

and thats it the other 25 episodes are completely meaningless

how to see this thing in a nutshell whatch the first and the last one

and thats it

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 25, 2019 10:43 PM

Jan 2012
I feel sorry for the people who haven't played the game (which is 100x better than this anime adaption) and got given this ending, what a troll of a series.

Not as good as Persona 4.
But I'll give it an 8/10 because the game was dope asf.
NekozzieJan 25, 2019 10:46 PM
Apr 7, 2019 11:04 PM

Jan 2011
That ending made me go "wtf?!" so I came over here and read everything... and now... now......

... now I can only think... damn... if I played this game, I'd be so 100% freaking out and the game must play out so awesome, I can't even imagine. But my heart couldn't handle that, so I am glad I didn't play the game, although I'm sure it's a million times better.

Just "NO" to the people who keep saying it's the bad ending of the game. No. No. No.

Gosh. This makes me wanna rewatch to see what hints I missed. And I like the final episode's OP. ^^

Thank you to those who posted spoilers here, to alleviate the pains of those who didn't play the game and can't wait for the specials.
laketicaApr 7, 2019 11:09 PM

May 17, 2019 3:14 AM

Aug 2015
Tbh the rest of the episode is pretty fine I'm actually enjoying it... BUT WHY DID IT HAVE TO END THIS WAY??
My poor husbando material is.. is... T^T

Edit:
P.S
I want to play this game so bad.. but I don't even have the platform for it.. lol XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jul 14, 2019 9:22 AM

Oct 2009
And I oop!

This adaption doesn't do the game justice, but I didn't expect it would. Turning a Persona game into a 26-episode anime seems like a bad idea from the get go, same happened with Persona 4 the Animation. Still fun to see the gang animated though, I suppose.
Oct 10, 2019 8:22 AM

Mar 2015
I thought overall it was a bit disappointing considering how much I loved the game, but having said that, I still was able to enjoy it! Onto the specials!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 15, 2019 9:53 PM

Nov 2013
This episode seemed rushed. And that ending... did not see that coming.
Dec 26, 2019 11:20 AM
Nov 2019
I was good overall, I guess the game is better.
But what the hell, I didn’t expect that it will end like this... I knew it he was the one who betrayed the phantom thieves... or not really...
Apr 19, 2020 3:39 PM

Mar 2020
i expected nothing and i'm still disappointed
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 14, 2020 9:17 AM

Apr 2020
I haven't played the game yet but I'm assuming 1) it doesn't end like this 2) the story telling of the game doesn't have all these flashbacks to the interrogation room right?

Also, is it just me or does the anime hardcore ship Ren x Makoto? I'll admit that they look really good together. I get why people would pick Ann, but the chemistry is there for Makoto.

This was okay. I liked the adaptation for Persona 4 better.
Aug 2, 2020 1:35 PM

Jul 2015
Damn you Crow...after all the adventures... was the friendship for nothing? jk never trusted that scumbag, suspicious from the start.
Rushed like other Persona adaptation but had a lot more quality drops and also felt a bit underwhelming compared to the others. Overall still enjoyable despite reaching the bad end. Hopefully the extra eps can finish the story on a good end (even though they should have added another cour to finish things properly)

Aug 26, 2020 2:16 AM
Jan 2017
A good animation and design character ..
the plot was interesring ..
but for battle its little different from the game, i mean in game it was awesome battle..
and the first when i see the score i thiink why its so bad..
but thought this episode i understa ndits because the ending..
but look like its not over yet. its a part of phantom plan..
good i thinG i give 7/10 for this
Jul 21, 2021 5:26 AM
Dec 2017
i wonder if they'll actually make a persona spin off adaptation one day.

Aug 3, 2021 1:45 AM

Sep 2010
Now that's what I call a pro move to hook a watcher for those specials! Didn't expect that. 9/10

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Aug 18, 2021 9:03 PM
Dec 2017
thank god this chemotherapy trip is over.

Aug 26, 2021 2:13 AM

Sep 2010
@Crow_Black, lolwut. You finished it ages ago. What, you rewatched it even though you didn't liked it?

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Aug 26, 2021 4:22 AM
Dec 2017
kitsune0 said:
@Crow_Black, lolwut. You finished it ages ago. What, you rewatched it even though you didn't liked it?

I'm just here to give my thoughts on it even after i watched it a while ago.

Aug 27, 2021 7:41 PM

Sep 2010
@Crow_Black, singing the same old song but in different tune is not "thoughts" - it's just spamming. ;-b

Oct 1, 2022 5:17 PM
Oct 2022
Took me 3 days to finish and I feel amazing :,)
Feb 3, 2023 8:05 PM
Mar 2020
The new animation for the op really made the difference here, it was nice, being able to see actual enthusiasm behind the sequences.
Mar 16, 2023 8:11 AM
Apr 2016
Save yourself the trouble and just watch the dub, at least that one's funny watching Xander Mobius actually get to clown about with proper voice lines.
Apr 25, 2023 4:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lmao reminds me when I tried the november 20th bad ending to see how it is but this time even though it's not triggered they still play the ending song from the game for it, but well they just didn't want to tell about the twist yet which is kinda weird so fortunately there are the two long OVAs for that, what a weird way to end it though.
Sep 25, 2023 1:09 PM

Jan 2016
Finally finished watching this. I played this game about a year and half ago and just wanted a refresh for fun. I would absolutely not recommend this anime to someone who hasn’t played the game. But for those who did, this does an average job of keeping you entertained. 7/10.

Jan 22, 8:43 PM
Jan 2024
Already played the game, still a heat story.
Jan 22, 8:43 PM
Jan 2024
Jan 22, 8:44 PM
Jan 2024
Apr 15, 12:54 AM
Dec 2021
so uhhh where'd that suppressor go
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

33 by Shota_Thighs »»
May 7, 10:57 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 9 Discussion

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Jan 9, 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.