Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 14, 2020 11:12 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
rick1-2 said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

The VN highly suggest that Setsuna is or better was the biological brother of Rinné. Because time does repair itself and one person should never exist more then one time in the same time period, Setsuna's returning to Never Island resulted in the disappearing of Setsuna from that time.

So, basically to prevent time paradoxes, right?

Yeah, that is the VN theory of Sarah Garlando. Time will prevent paradoxes from happening, if a second version of someone will appear in the same time, it will cause one of them to disappear.

rick1-2 said:
So, all the events in the VN will repeat for all eternity? Setsuna and the others are forever trapped in this endless time loop with no ways to escape from it?

The anime changed so much from the source that it's not funny. The ending was changed as well, as you said. Would you even say that the anime ending was good in terms of writing and pacing? To me, a fat No. It's strange to see the anime end with Setsuna and Kuon marrying each other, an event that doesn't happen whatsoever in the VN.

At least in the true end, Rinné (Kuon) and Setsuna were somewhere close to being friends, before Setsuna made the decision to travel to Never Island to see Rinné, again.
CyanwasserstoffJul 14, 2020 11:18 AM
Jul 16, 2020 8:46 AM
Jul 2017
Cyanwasserstoff said:
rick1-2 said:

So, basically to prevent time paradoxes, right?

Yeah, that is the VN theory of Sarah Garlando. Time will prevent paradoxes from happening, if a second version of someone will appear in the same time, it will cause one of them to disappear.

rick1-2 said:
So, all the events in the VN will repeat for all eternity? Setsuna and the others are forever trapped in this endless time loop with no ways to escape from it?

The anime changed so much from the source that it's not funny. The ending was changed as well, as you said. Would you even say that the anime ending was good in terms of writing and pacing? To me, a fat No. It's strange to see the anime end with Setsuna and Kuon marrying each other, an event that doesn't happen whatsoever in the VN.

At least in the true end, Rinné (Kuon) and Setsuna were somewhere close to being friends, before Setsuna made the decision to travel to Never Island to see Rinné, again.

What? So, Rinne (Kuon) and Setsuna were already somewhere close to being friends (having reconciled and trying to get closer to each other), but the latter made the decision to travel to Never Island to see her again? Was there a purpose in doing so? Considering that events will repeat themselves for practically an eternity, this seems like a futile effort.
Jul 16, 2020 10:22 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
rick1-2 said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

What? So, Rinne (Kuon) and Setsuna were already somewhere close to being friends (having reconciled and trying to get closer to each other), but the latter made the decision to travel to Never Island to see her again? Was there a purpose in doing so? Considering that events will repeat themselves for practically an eternity, this seems like a futile effort.

In a way both of them wanted to "repair" their mistakes. Rinné was working on her project to finish the iLander into the CSC, because Setsuna was using the already existing one. And Setsuna wanted to get back to the time of Never Island to repair his own mistakes and to see Rinné, again.

Setsuna knew that the chance to succeed was extremly low, but he tried it anyway. The outcome was heavily implied by Setsuna woking up in Never Island without any memories, again.
CyanwasserstoffJul 16, 2020 12:49 PM
Jul 17, 2020 5:02 PM
Jul 2017
Cyanwasserstoff said:
rick1-2 said:

In a way both of them wanted to "repair" their mistakes. Rinné was working on her project to finish the iLander into the CSC, because Setsuna was using the already existing one. And Setsuna wanted to get back to the time of Never Island to repair his own mistakes and to see Rinné, again.

Setsuna knew that the chance to succeed was extremly low, but he tried it anyway. The outcome was heavily implied by Setsuna woking up in Never Island without any memories, again.

I see. A way and chance to "repair" their mistakes. It's pitiful to see Setsuna waking up in Never Island without any of his memories from the future, again and again. I guess the two will keep on trying to repair their mistakes, and Setsuna hopes that he'll retain his memories when going back to the time of Never Island, however small of a chance that is. Do you feel pity for him?
Jul 18, 2020 5:50 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
rick1-2 said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

I see. A way and chance to "repair" their mistakes. It's pitiful to see Setsuna waking up in Never Island without any of his memories from the future, again and again. I guess the two will keep on trying to repair their mistakes, and Setsuna hopes that he'll retain his memories when going back to the time of Never Island, however small of a chance that is. Do you feel pity for him?

Setsuna at least knew that he himself did go through an endless circle of tragedy, because the name of Rinne and Rinné were written all over the inside part of the CSC (more then houndreds of times).
In a way I feel pity for Setsuna and Rinné, because he and Rinné, both are trapped in a endless circle of tragedy over and over, again.

In a matter of speaking it would be better to stick to the future (Island) and at least keep a weak friendship together with Rinné aka Kuon. Maybe they would at least become friends, again.
The situation with their daughter Rinne would be complicated though. Rinne has developed romantic feelings for her own father, who is only 3 years biological older then her. Rinne would still have a hard time to see Setsuna as her father instead as a love interest.
Dec 16, 2020 6:59 PM
May 2018
Hmm honestly I found the first episodes kinda boring cause they didn't had any explanation (like Setsuna that say "I have amnesia but I'm here to save one girl and kill one man") but the last episodes were really good
The perfect ending <3

I still have a few questions about this anime tho, like who is really Setsuna (the skeleton one)? Rinne (daughter) step-brother? An illegitimate child of Norimasa Ohara with a mistress/maid? Why does he want him to be hidden from everyone? Does Setsuna Ohara had sex with Rinne (which is supposed to be his sister) in the caban and that's why Norimasa tried to kill him? How did the rest of the village didn't had doubts about the true identity of Kuon Ohara (Rinne) after the death of the original Kuon? I mean, they should know how Kuon looked like and say it wasn't her right?

And most of all.........
WHO TF IS THE GIRL THAT LOOK LIKE SARA GARANDO MOM WITH BIG OPPAI BEHIND A TREE AT 21:32 OF THE TWELTH EPISODE AT THE WEDDING OF SETSUNA AND RINNE OHARA FROM NEVER ISLAND????????
ISN'T SHE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD IN THE FIRE OF THE SHRINE??? WTF I'M 200% CONFUSED
Dec 17, 2020 11:19 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
ANTONIADE said:

I still have a few questions about this anime tho, like who is really Setsuna (the skeleton one)? Rinne (daughter) step-brother? An illegitimate child of Norimasa Ohara with a mistress/maid? Why does he want him to be hidden from everyone?

Setsuna Ohara was the son of Norimasa and his real wife. He had the Sunlight Syndrome and was kept from public because of the image of the Ohara family. He was found by Rinne, who is actually the child from Setsuna (originally from Never island, the MC) and Rinne' aka Kuon who take over the role as Kuon the wife from Norimasa, after the real Kuon was killed by her husband, because she tried to kill Rinne first.
Norimasa tryed to kill his own son, because of Rinne discovering the truth about Setsuna Ohara and while both fell into the sea, Norimasa died because of the raising sun of the morning.

ANTONIADE said:

Does Setsuna Ohara had sex with Rinne (which is supposed to be his sister) in the caban and that's why Norimasa tried to kill him? How did the rest of the village didn't had doubts about the true identity of Kuon Ohara (Rinne) after the death of the original Kuon? I mean, they should know how Kuon looked like and say it wasn't her right?

Setsuna Ohara (not the MC) and Rinne are only step brother and sister and not related by blood. In the VN it is implied that they might had sex, too.
Kuon was kept hidden and it was actually lied that she would suffer from the Sunlight Syndrome. That is why noone who knew her would actually see her in person.

ANTONIADE said:

And most of all.........
WHO TF IS THE GIRL THAT LOOK LIKE SARA GARANDO MOM WITH BIG OPPAI BEHIND A TREE AT 21:32 OF THE TWELTH EPISODE AT THE WEDDING OF SETSUNA AND RINNE OHARA FROM NEVER ISLAND????????
ISN'T SHE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD IN THE FIRE OF THE SHRINE??? WTF I'M 200% CONFUSED

Arima aka Maria Garlando survived the fire and pretended to have died during that accident. And yeah, she is the mother of Sara.
Dec 18, 2020 9:03 AM
May 2018
Wow thanks for answering all my questions!!! :D
Jan 24, 2021 4:40 AM
Jan 2021
Damn the plot twist i though rinne will be with setsuna but he end up with the real rinne and they married again unexpected happy ending the plot is too complex for some people (maybe) but if you can understand the plot it will be enjoyable this show is underrated for me
The score is too low it deserved too be more high than this
9/10 personally
Jan 24, 2021 9:32 AM

Feb 2018
Best NTR ever and forever, Setsuna is Rinne's father. so all this time Setsuna is dating with his daughter, Damn.
Feb 4, 2021 1:28 AM
Aug 2019
I loved the ending. Insane development. Really flashed me! Still, isn't it possible to save Setsuna (first love of Rinne) shortly before he died and saying that he must wait till Setsuna 2 is marying and replace his corpse with random skelett? As long as the changes do not impact the main events there should be no paradoxon.

2. What about the disease and the reset in the future? They should be smart enough to prepare for that and have measures agains it though.

3. What timeline is Setsuna born?

To 3: Fandom Trivia from Setsuna: "Due to having no apparent origin, his existence is similar to the Bootstrap Paradox in which information simply exists with no apparent beginning."

Further, I do not think that Setsuna (protagonist) is Rinné's (Kuon) brother even with that monologue. As Plasmacannon said Sarah did not have any guess that he is her lover. To addition, there are 2 Setsunas in each Island dying and then beung replaced by Sanzenkai Setsuna. The death of thess Setsuna's makes it possible for the Setsyna of the Sage to play his role. As in the anime, he could not have more feelings for his daughter than wanting to protect her. Same should apply ti a sister then as it is as worse than marrying the own daughter.
The brother of Linnè cannot be the Setsuna of the Sage as he died when then the Setsuna of the Sage lost his time but was never reincanated.

To the infintive loop path: Doesn't he age the time he is living? He should age extremly slow still. And like a Mutation, after so many loops, the chances are high that something gets different. Still, did not the read the VN myself.
SinDrakeFeb 4, 2021 7:53 PM
Feb 19, 2021 10:13 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
I answering the question with the source material in mind

SinDrake said:
I loved the ending. Insane development. Really flashed me! Still, isn't it possible to save Setsuna (first love of Rinne) shortly before he died and saying that he must wait till Setsuna 2 is marying and replace his corpse with random skelett? As long as the changes do not impact the main events there should be no paradoxon.

Saving Setsuna Ohara would not lead into a paradoxon, but it is impossible. Setsuna (Never Island, MC) is always landing on the same spot in time, after Setsuna Ohara already died. It is impossible to save him, because the Cold Sleep Chamber and the iLander will always set 20.000 years of sleep (while the CSC does protect it's user for the time reset of the universe, the iLander does not, but it is happening during the jump with the CSC anyway).
The only time it did not was Rinné using the CSC that landed on Never Island to get to the age of Island, which will also repeats itself every loop, again.
SinDrake said:

2. What about the disease and the reset in the future? They should be smart enough to prepare for that and have measures agains it though.

Rinné is smart enough to include a protect mechanism against the time reset for the user of the Cold Sleep Chamber. That is why Setsuna (MC) can travel 20.000 years back in time, but it is imperfect. It always leads to the loss of the memories.

SinDrake said:

3. What timeline is Setsuna born?

Setsuna was born as the older brother of Rinné in the age of Never Island. After traveling back to that time, he causes a time repairing phenomen. Normally there would be two Setsuna from Never Island, but his arrival made the Setsuna of that time to die before. (5 years before)

Sarah Garlando: " Time Paradoxon are impossible. Time will repair itself"

SinDrake said:

To 3: Fandom Trivia from Setsuna: "Due to having no apparent origin, his existence is similar to the Bootstrap Paradox in which information simply exists with no apparent beginning."

Further, I do not think that Setsuna (protagonist) is Rinné's (Kuon) brother even with that monologue. As Plasmacannon said Sarah did not have any guess that he is her lover. To addition, there are 2 Setsunas in each Island dying and then beung replaced by Sanzenkai Setsuna. The death of thess Setsuna's makes it possible for the Setsyna of the Sage to play his role. As in the anime, he could not have more feelings for his daughter than wanting to protect her. Same should apply ti a sister then as it is as worse than marrying the own daughter.

There is no 100% statement, but the entire story is build on the fairy tale about an love that was not allowed to happen. A brother and sister, seperated by time, who will never come together.
Sarah from Never Island easily accepted him to become Setsuna of that time, taking the necklet of Setsuna (brother of Rinné) who died before. She even showed feelings for him, as the story progressed.
SinDrake said:

The brother of Linnè cannot be the Setsuna of the Sage as he died when then the Setsuna of the Sage lost his time but was never reincanated.

But that was the "repaired parallel time", we do not know if the origin time line was different. In that Setsuna did not die, but used the iLander and slept 20.000 years frozen to wake up in the age of Island.
He only died, because Setsuna (the time traveller) came back to that time, which would cause a time paradoxon. Time repaired itself following Sarah Garlando's theory and that leads to a different world.

SinDrake said:

To the infintive loop path: Doesn't he age the time he is living? He should age extremly slow still. And like a Mutation, after so many loops, the chances are high that something gets different. Still, did not the read the VN myself.

The loop is only about a month on either time age and yeah, Setsuna gets older. He was originally 17 years old, but in the current time he is about 20 - early twenties.
CyanwasserstoffApr 4, 2021 1:00 AM
Feb 19, 2021 11:46 AM
Aug 2019
Thanks.

With the possbiility of even better machines by Linne maybe they can save Rinne's Setsuna for her at that timeline.

You should know that I try my best to interpret the story so that Setsuna is not marrying his own sister xD
SinDrakeFeb 21, 2021 3:07 PM
Feb 21, 2021 12:05 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
SinDrake said:
Thanks.

With the possbiility of even better machines by Rinne maybe they can save Linne's Setsuna for her at that timeline.

You should know that I try my best to interpret the story so that Setsuna is not marrying his own sister xD

To be fair, in the novel there is no way that Setsuna (MC) and Rinné would become a married couple. They became a couple in the age of Never Island, but never officially married (They had there own ritual, but I will not count this as official). They still have their daughter Rinne, which can be his wife by two different endings (one bad ending and one good ending).

To be fair, he did not know about Rinne's origin at all in the bad ending and in the true ending he confused her as being Rinné/ never knew that she is his daughter.
CyanwasserstoffFeb 21, 2021 12:09 PM
Mar 30, 2022 8:16 PM
Nov 2016
to be honest, it was slow through and through. the first few episodes mainly. i figured from the very beginning that was rinne. though i didnt know how. i understand the plot and backstory building things up. the main thing is what happened to the old island. there is a lot of unexplained, there could be a second better season id say. certain things were way fast paced and others werent. though i do feel everything gets tied up in the end. im definitely glad i watched this and though it wasnt 10/10 top tier, in the end i shed a tear. maybe a few haha. i do feel bad for rinnes daughter, although i dont feel bad all the way through because its kind of instinctive on my part. and i see a lot of hate comes through the reality of the relationship. but haters gonna hate. in the end all the knots are tied, most questions answered. great ending.
Aug 29, 2022 3:13 PM
Jan 2022
Hate last three episodes and seriously i was rooting Rinne and Setsuna just for him to end up being her father
Aug 30, 2022 9:14 PM
Oct 2021
Hebi_op said:
I feel kinda sad since the main girl basically gets nothing.
Rinne after knowing the truth never saw Setsuna as his father but like an acquired one, and from nothing her mother is the real main girl.
But how many plotholes this anime (or maybe just the story, i need to play the VN) has?
Basically,
Ohara family doesn't really exist.
World gets resetted? Why? And if it's like this why Setsuna has memory of things that he lived in a world that already got resetted? He stayed in the "time freeze machine" when the world resetted or what?
And who the hell was the supposed Setsuna in the other Island when after that Rinne died?
What the heck?

Still gave a 7 but probably it's not a right vote. I liked some characters and stuff but duh.

The other Setsuna was the son of the Kuon that died and was replaced.
Nov 3, 2022 4:53 AM
May 2019
animejas said:
This show is finally over and thank god it is.

The storytelling in this show was very lackluster for most of it and the ending was a bit bland for me.

The characters were all forgettable and very underwhelming, the setting was plain dumb and the 'SciFi' was so uninteresting.

Sure there was some solid music and artwork.

But overall, this show was really bad. Go watch Grisaia or Steins;Gate for much better shows.

That's why you play the VN instead of watching the anime first. Especially when it's one that got butchered but is 100x better than Steins;Gate and Grisaia. At least Grisaia and Steins;Gate had good anime adaptations unlike Island but if you go to the source, Island is the best piece of fiction ever made.
Nov 3, 2022 4:57 AM
May 2019
hitsuu137 said:
Ok. Too much information to take in. But they handled the explanation fairly. That plot twist was unpredictable (for anime only viewers). Ending was fine. Might have been slow when it started airing, but the pacing got better. Nice episode.

It's funny because I played the VN before watching the anime and I thought what happened in the anime is what was going to happen during the true ending of the VN, lol. Unless Frontwing is cooking up a sequel.
Feb 12, 2023 3:24 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Finally put this to rest since I had it for so long to finish (started reading the VN after ep1 long ago and never bothered to watch after).
BAD adaptation of the VN, said a lot before so will summarize, trying to do all the routes into 12 episodes, DUMB, especially Never Winter which was a great read and suffered tons from this.
OPED and what they adapt was fine in terms of budget, I couldnt say the anime was poorly animated at all, seeing scenes animated from the VN along with the characters was the most pleasure I had with this adaptation, ALONG an ending that if I ignore everything else, gives even more context to the ending I already loved on the VN...

If a VN reader wants to use this adaptation as a summary of what he/she played because the plot is convulated enough and some things are not conveyed the best, I believe this is an excellent tool for that purpose alone, and side that with a properly adapted final part of Rinné and the VN true route.

It is just a shame this anime does that well to then fuck up on so much more, with proper budget and episodes, this would have been a really enjoyable anime, for everyone, specially the Never Winter part.

As it stands, I was going to give it a 4, despite enjoying due to seeing stuff adapted from the VN, but the respect, care and extra scenes they did for the ending of this awesome VN, will have me bump it a bit.

5.2/10 = 5

A 5 on my book means something was BORING to watch, so this doesnt match the score, as there was some enjoyment to take from this, dunno about an anime only perspective, but if they fucked up a bit less the source material, could have given it a 6-7, and amazing adaption would definitly land on 9 out 10 tbh.

I really loved the VN since Rinne, Setsuna and Rinné were really enjoyable characters IMO and both these girls routes were quite good, specially never winter's and the ending was very strong, plot twist fuckery like few and managing to still land really well.

Would reccomend everyone to go read the VN, it is long but worth the while, just read fast through the other characters routes cuz they are fine at best.

FMmatron said:
I have mixed feelings regarding this show. At times it was bland and hard to stay focussed, but there were also many charming moments and some interesting aspects to the story, nice music too. And eventually a satisfying conclusion, guess that's enough to remember this as a rather nice anime.

5/10

A nice anime doesnt deserve that score thought.
PlaycoolFeb 12, 2023 3:28 AM
Jun 4, 2023 7:09 PM
Jul 2020
KANLen09 said:
Even at the last episode, this series still has the cheek to do more storytelling?

But indeed, the last episode clarifies most of the loopholes, connecting both the past and present happenings of Kuon, what absolence is this.

The plot twist becomes apparent though...that the time-travelling gimmick is just time repeating over and over again, for both Rinne and Setsuna.

So the true couple was Setsuna and the past Rinne (present Kuon name change) then, and the wedding that had all of us were fooled by all this time.

Overall, unimpressive storytelling but bad pacing too.
so was this a good anime?
Jul 3, 2023 11:31 AM
Mar 2021
How can I watch every episode?
Oct 3, 2023 4:13 PM
Jun 2023
In the VN Rinne has a Yandere episode when she deduces that the protag Setsuna coming into her timeline, caused the death of the Setsuna from the beach hut that she really loved in order to avoid a time paradox. She admits she is only using protag Setsuna as a massive coping mechanism because she was just tired of hurting from the constant thought of losing her fated love. So much so that she was willing to lie to herself. She tells you that since you killed her love, she is going to kill the one protag Setsuna loves (herself). In a maniacal rage, throws herself into the sea and protag setsuna follows. They wash up on the mysterious beach and Setsuna finds Rinnes pale cold wet body washed up on the beach with her eyes open and lifeless like corpse...

This anime owns.

I feel i have to make a correction to some of the previous posts if it hasnt already been made. People are saying that the protag Setsuna was Rinnes brother in Never Island. He is NOT the biological brother. Rinne's actual brother was killed by the church upon returning from an expedition that found nothing on the outskirts. He was killed so the people of Never Island could have a continues hope for a sangri-la type location somewhere out there that would save them from their hopeless situation. It would do the people no good to know they are truly doomed so that why he was killed. Rinnes dad in Never Island took protaganist setsuna in as that soon that was killed off in secret. Since he was killed off in secret there was no official record of him dying so this allowed protag Setsuna to get a collar that allowed him to get rations and live like a recognized citizen.

Also in the VN there is a scene where Setsuna goes into a alley and catches Karen giving a guy a handjob (at least). How else are untagged people supposed to get money? Also karen was the leader so she had to do this to be the responsible leader and provide for her flock. The untagged girls whore themeselves which is why that scene with her trying to secude Sestuna for info happens.
redraccoondog02cOct 3, 2023 4:38 PM
Nov 21, 2023 7:26 PM

Dec 2022
I actually felt this finale was quite rewarding. Sure, the revelation that future-Rinne and Setsuna were present-Rinne's parents was kind of unsettling, but at least everyone seems happy with the outcome, including present-Rinne.
Nov 28, 2023 6:23 PM
Aug 2019
Reply to redraccoondog02c
In the VN Rinne has a Yandere episode when she deduces that the protag Setsuna coming into her timeline, caused the death of the Setsuna from the beach hut that she really loved in order to avoid a time paradox. She admits she is only using protag Setsuna as a massive coping mechanism because she was just tired of hurting from the constant thought of losing her fated love. So much so that she was willing to lie to herself. She tells you that since you killed her love, she is going to kill the one protag Setsuna loves (herself). In a maniacal rage, throws herself into the sea and protag setsuna follows. They wash up on the mysterious beach and Setsuna finds Rinnes pale cold wet body washed up on the beach with her eyes open and lifeless like corpse...

This anime owns.

I feel i have to make a correction to some of the previous posts if it hasnt already been made. People are saying that the protag Setsuna was Rinnes brother in Never Island. He is NOT the biological brother. Rinne's actual brother was killed by the church upon returning from an expedition that found nothing on the outskirts. He was killed so the people of Never Island could have a continues hope for a sangri-la type location somewhere out there that would save them from their hopeless situation. It would do the people no good to know they are truly doomed so that why he was killed. Rinnes dad in Never Island took protaganist setsuna in as that soon that was killed off in secret. Since he was killed off in secret there was no official record of him dying so this allowed protag Setsuna to get a collar that allowed him to get rations and live like a recognized citizen.

Also in the VN there is a scene where Setsuna goes into a alley and catches Karen giving a guy a handjob (at least). How else are untagged people supposed to get money? Also karen was the leader so she had to do this to be the responsible leader and provide for her flock. The untagged girls whore themeselves which is why that scene with her trying to secude Sestuna for info happens.
@redraccoondog02c Can you approve this? @Cyanwasserstoff You are saying he is her bioloigcal brother. I know it has been a time, but I am still questioning that and did not read the VN yet
Nov 28, 2023 6:28 PM
Aug 2019

This anime owns.

@redraccoondog02c Cyanwasserstoff said this: "Setsuna was born as the older brother of Rinné in the age of Never Island. After traveling back to that time, he causes a time repairing phenomen. Normally there would be two Setsuna from Never Island, but his arrival made the Setsuna of that time to die before. (5 years before)

Sarah Garlando: " Time Paradoxon are impossible. Time will repair itself""

That is avoiding your point about him being not her brother. Even genetically. He just overwrote his past self, but is genetically the same human being. This author is so weird, I can even expect that he does that.
Nov 29, 2023 9:37 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012

This anime owns.

redraccoondog02c said:

Setsuna, son from Norimassa was the original love from Rinne. She also did portray her love on the found Setsuna. But on the small Island, both Setsuna (traveller) and Rinne realises that Setsuna was never the Setsuna that she originally fell in love with. The conflict was resolved, both were even having a happy chatter.
They tried to escape with the boot, but it only could hold one person. So Rinne used it and Setsuna swam, but he got tired and was saved by Rinne. This lead Rinne to end up drowning.

redraccoondog02c said:

This anime owns.

In the altered time line the older brother from Rinné was killed by the church to cover up the Sooth Blight Syndrom. Rinné's dad did take Setsuna (traveller) in as his son, after Rinné already made the decision to rescue him. Only Sarah from Never Island was aware of his death .

Why do I still think that Setsuna (traveler) and Setsuna O'hara are the same person?
- Sarah Garlandou (Island) stated that in case a time paradox occurs, the time will repair itself. Very important point here.
- The fairy tale about Setsuna and Rinne that are not allowed to fell in love with each other. Rinne dies and Setsuna asked a witch to revive her. She did offer him a long, long sleep and only after that he will meet her again.
- There are two time machine. The cold sleep chamber, protecting it's user from the time freeze (0 Kelvin) and the workshop from Rinné, which will not protect against the time freeze. Rinné discovered a way to improve her workshop into the cold sleep chamber, which was transferred to Rinné (aka Kuon) through the disc Setsuna (traveler) was caring with him
- Last and most important point. In the final chapter of the VN, when Setsuna and the former research assistant from the mother of Karen visited the workshop from Rinné under the sea in the time of Island, Setsuna itself came to the conclusion, that the reason the fairy tale in Never Island existed in the first place was him and Rinné. The reason they were not allowed to love each other was their shared blood. Setsuna (traveler) made the conclusion that he would have been the original brother from Rinné. This caused a time paradox, which altered the time line the moment Setsuna returned to Never Island. This altered time line caused the Setsuna O`hara from that altered time to die instead of just vanishing. That way there were never two Setsuna O´hara at the same time.
Dec 3, 2023 9:54 AM
Oct 2014
Oh man the plot twist of her mother being the real Rinne from the past is so big and so heavy because he started liking his daughter, her daughter likes him and he couldn't recognize the real Rinne.
She must have felt absolutely terrible AGAIN, since you can see her gritting her teeth in the past cycle when looking at him and her daughter have fun and fall for each other.
I knew something was going on since the early episode and was so eager to find out.

I love how this anime just does things right and don't push a lot of BS and fillers in your face every couple of episodes like a lot of animes used to do and sadly still do.
This is legit the most beautiful and memorable romance-science-fiction I've seen so far with the most heartwarming ending.

The legendary Rinne and Setsuna are going to stay forever in my heart <3
Jan 8, 7:06 AM
Aug 2019
Reply to Cyanwasserstoff
redraccoondog02c said:

Setsuna, son from Norimassa was the original love from Rinne. She also did portray her love on the found Setsuna. But on the small Island, both Setsuna (traveller) and Rinne realises that Setsuna was never the Setsuna that she originally fell in love with. The conflict was resolved, both were even having a happy chatter.
They tried to escape with the boot, but it only could hold one person. So Rinne used it and Setsuna swam, but he got tired and was saved by Rinne. This lead Rinne to end up drowning.

redraccoondog02c said:

This anime owns.

In the altered time line the older brother from Rinné was killed by the church to cover up the Sooth Blight Syndrom. Rinné's dad did take Setsuna (traveller) in as his son, after Rinné already made the decision to rescue him. Only Sarah from Never Island was aware of his death .

Why do I still think that Setsuna (traveler) and Setsuna O'hara are the same person?
- Sarah Garlandou (Island) stated that in case a time paradox occurs, the time will repair itself. Very important point here.
- The fairy tale about Setsuna and Rinne that are not allowed to fell in love with each other. Rinne dies and Setsuna asked a witch to revive her. She did offer him a long, long sleep and only after that he will meet her again.
- There are two time machine. The cold sleep chamber, protecting it's user from the time freeze (0 Kelvin) and the workshop from Rinné, which will not protect against the time freeze. Rinné discovered a way to improve her workshop into the cold sleep chamber, which was transferred to Rinné (aka Kuon) through the disc Setsuna (traveler) was caring with him
- Last and most important point. In the final chapter of the VN, when Setsuna and the former research assistant from the mother of Karen visited the workshop from Rinné under the sea in the time of Island, Setsuna itself came to the conclusion, that the reason the fairy tale in Never Island existed in the first place was him and Rinné. The reason they were not allowed to love each other was their shared blood. Setsuna (traveler) made the conclusion that he would have been the original brother from Rinné. This caused a time paradox, which altered the time line the moment Setsuna returned to Never Island. This altered time line caused the Setsuna O`hara from that altered time to die instead of just vanishing. That way there were never two Setsuna O´hara at the same time.
@Cyanwasserstoff This should mean they are still biological related. That is kinda weird as you move from the bad ending of his daughter to the true ending with his sister, which is even worse.

Daughter has 100% 50% genes of the father (excluding mutations)
Sister can have beginning from 0% up to 99% the same as the brother (no Y chromosome). Seems an even worse ending considering him saying he felt like the instinct stopped him after the reveal (dunno if anime canon only making it less relevant if yes)

Wait. Is the white haired Daughter his and his sister child? Okay thats even more crazy. I take it back then xD

However, I think only you realised it, which is kinda confusing. Maybe the author did not intend it to be make that much sense
Jan 8, 10:33 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Reply to SinDrake
@Cyanwasserstoff This should mean they are still biological related. That is kinda weird as you move from the bad ending of his daughter to the true ending with his sister, which is even worse.

Sister can have beginning from 0% up to 99% the same as the brother (no Y chromosome). Seems an even worse ending considering him saying he felt like the instinct stopped him after the reveal (dunno if anime canon only making it less relevant if yes)

Wait. Is the white haired Daughter his and his sister child? Okay thats even more crazy. I take it back then xD

However, I think only you realised it, which is kinda confusing. Maybe the author did not intend it to be make that much sense
SinDrake said:

The ending with Kuon aka Rinné (living in Island) is anime only. While in the true end, after the completely breakdown and hate from Rinné (Kuon) towards Setsuna for confusing Rinne with actually her (Rinné), Setsuna managed to at least got her open up to him. The relationship was still more like good friends and in one of the key visuals they worked together happily on the blue prints of the workshop.
Some time later Setsuna were on the island Boryujima together with the assistant of Karen's mother and even Rinne to say goodbye to him. Setsuna made the decision to use the Cold Sleep Chamber to return to Never Island, knowingly the risk to loose his memories,again. In the last scene of the true end, we see a monologue from Setsuna returned to Never Island, but he has forgotten everything besides the name Rinné. A extreme open end or it can even lead to just a close loop, where everything starts again. This is highly indicated as a lot of Rinne and Setsuna triangles were scribbled on the inner part of the Cold Sleep Chamber.

SinDrake said:

Sister can have beginning from 0% up to 99% the same as the brother (no Y chromosome).

Seems an even worse ending considering him saying he felt like the instinct stopped him after the reveal (dunno if anime canon only making it less relevant if yes)

He never said anything like that in the visual novel. He needed Maria to discover the truth anyway. Maria had a gigantic hunch that Rinne would be the daughter of Setsuna and Rinné. That is why she made the paternity test in secret.

SinDrake said:

That is the entire story or premise of the visual novel. A LOVE that is not allowed to happen and always fails (at least the true end leads to that outcome)

SinDrake said:

I really like visual novels like Island were all the pieces of the puzzle are given to you, but you need to finish the puzzle yourself. I think the author wanted it to make sense, otherwise he/she would never provide us with all the tiny pieces to the puzzle.
Jan 9, 7:06 AM
Aug 2019
Reply to Cyanwasserstoff
SinDrake said:

The ending with Kuon aka Rinné (living in Island) is anime only. While in the true end, after the completely breakdown and hate from Rinné (Kuon) towards Setsuna for confusing Rinne with actually her (Rinné), Setsuna managed to at least got her open up to him. The relationship was still more like good friends and in one of the key visuals they worked together happily on the blue prints of the workshop.
Some time later Setsuna were on the island Boryujima together with the assistant of Karen's mother and even Rinne to say goodbye to him. Setsuna made the decision to use the Cold Sleep Chamber to return to Never Island, knowingly the risk to loose his memories,again. In the last scene of the true end, we see a monologue from Setsuna returned to Never Island, but he has forgotten everything besides the name Rinné. A extreme open end or it can even lead to just a close loop, where everything starts again. This is highly indicated as a lot of Rinne and Setsuna triangles were scribbled on the inner part of the Cold Sleep Chamber.

SinDrake said:

Sister can have beginning from 0% up to 99% the same as the brother (no Y chromosome).

Seems an even worse ending considering him saying he felt like the instinct stopped him after the reveal (dunno if anime canon only making it less relevant if yes)

He never said anything like that in the visual novel. He needed Maria to discover the truth anyway. Maria had a gigantic hunch that Rinne would be the daughter of Setsuna and Rinné. That is why she made the paternity test in secret.

SinDrake said:

That is the entire story or premise of the visual novel. A LOVE that is not allowed to happen and always fails (at least the true end leads to that outcome)

SinDrake said:

I really like visual novels like Island were all the pieces of the puzzle are given to you, but you need to finish the puzzle yourself. I think the author wanted it to make sense, otherwise he/she would never provide us with all the tiny pieces to the puzzle.
@Cyanwasserstoff So Setsuna and Kuon (sister) already ended up together and made a child. Then the end came and they will make even more children? That love was already there without beginning to play. The daughter would be 2nd generation and really scuffed xD.

An interview or answer of him proving that would be nice. Do they say he resembled this original brother of her or do they look different (talking about the similiar genes)

It seems like many points of mine are just anime canon lol. Weird visual novel starting already with a bad ending xD. The true ending is that Setsuna and Kuno end up together again, right? "At the end, she continues to work on the time machine while Setsuna goes to the Ice Age again, both staying true to Kuon's wish to save the world by creating a true time machine."

Would be fun if you add your knowledge to their Fandoms and seeing people's reaction of wait wtf xD
Jan 10, 1:40 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Reply to SinDrake
@Cyanwasserstoff So Setsuna and Kuon (sister) already ended up together and made a child. Then the end came and they will make even more children? That love was already there without beginning to play. The daughter would be 2nd generation and really scuffed xD.

An interview or answer of him proving that would be nice. Do they say he resembled this original brother of her or do they look different (talking about the similiar genes)

It seems like many points of mine are just anime canon lol. Weird visual novel starting already with a bad ending xD. The true ending is that Setsuna and Kuno end up together again, right? "At the end, she continues to work on the time machine while Setsuna goes to the Ice Age again, both staying true to Kuon's wish to save the world by creating a true time machine."

Would be fun if you add your knowledge to their Fandoms and seeing people's reaction of wait wtf xD
SinDrake said:
@Cyanwasserstoff So Setsuna and Kuon (sister) already ended up together and made a child.

They worked and lived together in the small workshop to work on the first version of the cold sleep chamber. It was then only a open seat with a sealing liquid. At one night Setsuna gave in to the flirting of Rinné and they had sex once (it was a golden shot). He than used the seat of the work shop and was sleeping 40.000 years. Rinné realised that her seat was no time machine and used the Cold Sleep Chamber that Setsuna used before to get to Island, but she had the same problem as Setsuna. She lost all her memories and to make matters worse Rinné arrived 17 years before Setsuna will wake up. (Setsuna was still sleeping covered in the protection liquid on the Island of Boryujima in a cave). Pregnant, confused and without her memories she still remembers a name, the name Rinne that she also gave her daughter as name.

SinDrake said:

Then the end came and they will make even more children? That love was already there without beginning to play. The daughter would be 2nd generation and really scuffed xD.

If you are talking about Rinne that would be the next generation. In the before Never Island route Rinne and Setsuna would have a daughter. In the Rinne after Never Island route the ending only display there marriage.

SinDrake said:

Yeah, would be nice to talk with the original script writer. If Setsuna does resemble the original Setsuna O`hara was neither confirmed or denied. Some aspect would indicate this to be the case. Sarah (Never Island) immediately accepting Setsuna as replacement for Setsuna. The Grandfather of Rinné accepting Setsuna very early on.

SinDrake said:

It seems like many points of mine are just anime canon lol.

Yes, the anime did completely rewrite the ending. Even the Never Island Arc was way bigger in the visual novel.

SinDrake said:

Weird visual novel starting already with a bad ending xD.

The anime and the visual novel start with Setsuna finding himself naked on the beach of the Ohara with only a CD. He had no memories and only knew his name was Setsuna. Later on it was revealed because he used the workshop from Rinné, which caused a heavy amnesia (not curable).

SinDrake said:

The true ending is that Setsuna and Kuno end up together again, right? "At the end, she continues to work on the time machine while Setsuna goes to the Ice Age again, both staying true to Kuon's wish to save the world by creating a true time machine."

I would not say that they end up together, because while they were working happily together on the blue prints of the Cold Sleep Chamber, it seemed to be more like a friendship relationship. Nothing more nothing less. Rinné could not forgive Setsuna for confusing Rinne as Rinné.
That was also the reason why neither of them could accept this reality. Rinné was working on the blue prints to make a Cold Sleep Chamber that actually will work as a real time machine (without memory loss) and Setsuna escaping Island to Never Island using the Cold Sleep Chamber on Boryujima (that was previously used by Rinné to arrive at Island).
Only problem is that he still lost his memories besides the name Rinné. Which probably will end in the same tragic way as always before. Having sex with Rinné, losing all his friends and making the choice to use the workshop from Rinné. Loosing his memories again, waking up at the beach on Island, getting rescued by his and Rinné daughter Rinne ... a closed loop.

SinDrake said:

Sure, I was happy discussing it on this website.
Jan 12, 4:41 AM
Aug 2019
Reply to Cyanwasserstoff
SinDrake said:
@Cyanwasserstoff So Setsuna and Kuon (sister) already ended up together and made a child.

They worked and lived together in the small workshop to work on the first version of the cold sleep chamber. It was then only a open seat with a sealing liquid. At one night Setsuna gave in to the flirting of Rinné and they had sex once (it was a golden shot). He than used the seat of the work shop and was sleeping 40.000 years. Rinné realised that her seat was no time machine and used the Cold Sleep Chamber that Setsuna used before to get to Island, but she had the same problem as Setsuna. She lost all her memories and to make matters worse Rinné arrived 17 years before Setsuna will wake up. (Setsuna was still sleeping covered in the protection liquid on the Island of Boryujima in a cave). Pregnant, confused and without her memories she still remembers a name, the name Rinne that she also gave her daughter as name.

SinDrake said:

Then the end came and they will make even more children? That love was already there without beginning to play. The daughter would be 2nd generation and really scuffed xD.

If you are talking about Rinne that would be the next generation. In the before Never Island route Rinne and Setsuna would have a daughter. In the Rinne after Never Island route the ending only display there marriage.

SinDrake said:

Yeah, would be nice to talk with the original script writer. If Setsuna does resemble the original Setsuna O`hara was neither confirmed or denied. Some aspect would indicate this to be the case. Sarah (Never Island) immediately accepting Setsuna as replacement for Setsuna. The Grandfather of Rinné accepting Setsuna very early on.

SinDrake said:

It seems like many points of mine are just anime canon lol.

Yes, the anime did completely rewrite the ending. Even the Never Island Arc was way bigger in the visual novel.

SinDrake said:

Weird visual novel starting already with a bad ending xD.

The anime and the visual novel start with Setsuna finding himself naked on the beach of the Ohara with only a CD. He had no memories and only knew his name was Setsuna. Later on it was revealed because he used the workshop from Rinné, which caused a heavy amnesia (not curable).

SinDrake said:

The true ending is that Setsuna and Kuno end up together again, right? "At the end, she continues to work on the time machine while Setsuna goes to the Ice Age again, both staying true to Kuon's wish to save the world by creating a true time machine."

I would not say that they end up together, because while they were working happily together on the blue prints of the Cold Sleep Chamber, it seemed to be more like a friendship relationship. Nothing more nothing less. Rinné could not forgive Setsuna for confusing Rinne as Rinné.
That was also the reason why neither of them could accept this reality. Rinné was working on the blue prints to make a Cold Sleep Chamber that actually will work as a real time machine (without memory loss) and Setsuna escaping Island to Never Island using the Cold Sleep Chamber on Boryujima (that was previously used by Rinné to arrive at Island).
Only problem is that he still lost his memories besides the name Rinné. Which probably will end in the same tragic way as always before. Having sex with Rinné, losing all his friends and making the choice to use the workshop from Rinné. Loosing his memories again, waking up at the beach on Island, getting rescued by his and Rinné daughter Rinne ... a closed loop.

SinDrake said:

Sure, I was happy discussing it on this website.
@Cyanwasserstoff is that true?

"This Rinne in this page is a virgin. Her mother, Kuon (which is "never island" Setsuna's Wife) Is not a virgin because she already did it at "never island"

Possible Spoilers

She actually isn't a virgin, i believe it was implied she did it with fake Setsuna in the cave since in one of the bad endings, Setsuna and her daughter had the soot blight syndrome which would be impossible if Main Setsuna was the real father, since he and Rinne both dont have it. I believe the genetics discussion between Maria and Setsuna were trying to indirectly point that out too when they were talking about passing down Soot Blight Syndrome... so yeah through out the entire visual novel Rinne was apparently pregnant the whole time"?
Jan 15, 11:22 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Reply to SinDrake

"This Rinne in this page is a virgin. Her mother, Kuon (which is "never island" Setsuna's Wife) Is not a virgin because she already did it at "never island"

Possible Spoilers

She actually isn't a virgin, i believe it was implied she did it with fake Setsuna in the cave since in one of the bad endings, Setsuna and her daughter had the soot blight syndrome which would be impossible if Main Setsuna was the real father, since he and Rinne both dont have it. I believe the genetics discussion between Maria and Setsuna were trying to indirectly point that out too when they were talking about passing down Soot Blight Syndrome... so yeah through out the entire visual novel Rinne was apparently pregnant the whole time"?
SinDrake said:

Possible Spoilers

Rinné and Setsuna never officially married, so they are not husband and wife.

SinDrake said:

She actually isn't a virgin, i believe it was implied she did it with fake Setsuna in the cave since in one of the bad endings, Setsuna and her daughter had the soot blight syndrome which would be impossible if Main Setsuna was the real father, since he and Rinne both dont have it.
I believe the genetics discussion between Maria and Setsuna were trying to indirectly point that out too when they were talking about passing down Soot Blight Syndrome... so yeah through out the entire visual novel Rinne was apparently pregnant the whole time"?

Maria was talking about that when a man (only one X chromosome) would have the Sooth Blight Syndrome and the woman would have it, too their children would have it for 100%. Sooth Blight Syndrome is a recessive gene. As long as a healthy counter X gene would be passed from either side of the parents it would not break out.
But Rinné is original from Never Island, which was the origin of the Sooth Blight Syndrome. It is a good chance that she might be a carrier of the Sooth Blight Syndrome.
She passed this gene to her daughter Rinne and Rinne did pass it to her and Setsuna's daughter. Unfortunately, her daughter had it as active gene on the X chromosome from her mother Rinne. The 1st Rinne ending stated clearly that Rinne and Setsuna (the traveller) are the parents from the little girl on the beach.
The novel never made it 100% certain, but Rinne from the true route might still be a virgin. It was never stated as fact that she had sex with the other Setsuna.
CyanwasserstoffJan 17, 10:02 AM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» About the adaptation

TEMPEST_1 - May 10

3 by ptero93 »»
May 10, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Island Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2018

81 by Miki42 »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:14 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2018

67 by Miki42 »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:13 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

85 by Miki42 »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:12 AM

Poll: » Island Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2018

51 by Miki42 »»
Dec 1, 2023 1:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.