Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2018 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah Playmaker vs an unknown enemy...fun.

The duel honestly felt lackluster. I was expecting more but these latest battles didn't really give me a good impression including this episode.
Aug 22, 2018 5:06 AM

Feb 2013
So that's how he got the cyberse deck, cool, it was more complicated than I expected.
Lol, Fujiki found out he was working, I knew it was something stupid.
Aug 22, 2018 5:48 AM

May 2016
The duel honestly felt lackluster. I was expecting more but these latest battles didn't really give me a good impression including this episode. The thing I felt almost every week when Vrains got new stuff, those duels are really starting to annoy me.
Aug 22, 2018 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
I wish they showed a better reason as to why Yusaku earned the name Playmaker...instead of him just declaring the name for the first time on a whim...like, geez, show a scene where Kusanagi be like "I know...because of how well you solved that puzzle and found the key to fighting Hanoi...your name will be...Playmaker!"

Also, I didn't mind the Duel Puzzle setup, though understandably it was quite cliche...at least imo, the one from Arc V was more of amusement, tbf
Aug 22, 2018 7:41 PM
Apr 2017
Playmaker remids me so much of Yusei from 5D's. He's pretty smart and can stay cool, calm, and collected.
Oct 23, 2018 4:15 PM

May 2016
Ryuseishun said:
I wish they showed a better reason as to why Yusaku earned the name Playmaker...instead of him just declaring the name for the first time on a whim...like, geez, show a scene where Kusanagi be like "I know...because of how well you solved that puzzle and found the key to fighting Hanoi...your name will be...Playmaker!"

Also, I didn't mind the Duel Puzzle setup, though understandably it was quite cliche...at least imo, the one from Arc V was more of amusement, tbf

It's rather fine, but fruitless here's a sample.

Vrains episode 65:
They actually went over the story of how PlayMaker and Shoichi met and all the while that I am watching this I am wondering why they didn't decide to put that in the first episode instead. Besides Vr being boring they actually explained how PlayMaker got the deck with no big reveal or anything on what Cyberse is or even his link to it with the cyber sense. It makes episode 1 of AI look even more baffling and messy. And they spent most of the episode on Yusaku working on a quiz duel to get the deck. Hardly any focus when on his so-called bond with Shoichi until the end. I guess it would be hard to develop relationships between the characters in this series when Yusaku is clearly the only one that matters. They find ways to pad out the series even without clip shows. People usually complain about the pacing for the other series too, but Vrains’ pacing is especially bad. It might have worked if it happened earlier and if they did more with Shoichi’s personality, but he’s still just Yusaku’s bland tech support guy. I don’t think that Vrains is that experimental. It might be actually interesting if they were throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. It still feels more like a YGO series that desperately doesn’t want to be a YGO series to me. The padding is probably at least in part due to whatever budget problems they have.
Oct 23, 2018 4:23 PM

Mar 2016
Helios92 said:
Ryuseishun said:

Vrains episode 65:
They actually went over the story of how PlayMaker and Shoichi met and all the while that I am watching this I am wondering why they didn't decide to put that in the first episode instead. Besides Vr being boring they actually explained how PlayMaker got the deck with no big reveal or anything on what Cyberse is or even his link to it with the cyber sense. It makes episode 1 of AI look even more baffling and messy. And they spent most of the episode on Yusaku working on a quiz duel to get the deck. Hardly any focus when on his so-called bond with Shoichi until the end. I guess it would be hard to develop relationships between the characters in this series when Yusaku is clearly the only one that matters. They find ways to pad out the series even without clip shows. People usually complain about the pacing for the other series too, but Vrains’ pacing is especially bad. It might have worked if it happened earlier and if they did more with Shoichi’s personality, but he’s still just Yusaku’s bland tech support guy. I don’t think that Vrains is that experimental. It might be actually interesting if they were throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. It still feels more like a YGO series that desperately doesn’t want to be a YGO series to me. The padding is probably at least in part due to whatever budget problems they have.

Yea, like I'm not even sure what their aim is at this point, and why it even took them til then to reveal an important backstory like that (or what was supposed to be important)
Oct 23, 2018 4:36 PM

May 2016
Ryuseishun said:
Helios92 said:

Vrains episode 65:

Yea, like I'm not even sure what their aim is at this point, and why it even took them til then to reveal an important backstory like that (or what was supposed to be important)

Yoshida instead decide to just pander Yusaku and Kusanagi then actually make them develop as friends.
Oct 23, 2018 7:03 PM

Mar 2016
Helios92 said:
Ryuseishun said:

Yoshida instead decide to just pander Yusaku and Kusanagi then actually make them develop as friends.

Which is really both a waste of time and an underwhelming backstory.
Oct 29, 2018 7:34 AM

Jan 2013
They teamed up cuz it was in their self interest , much better then nakama crap
Oct 29, 2018 5:04 PM

May 2016
Nakama > self Interest bs
Aug 30, 2020 5:11 PM

Dec 2012
Unnamed and Unknown.
lol They copying Atem's tomb.
Ancient Ghost?
A duel quiz.
Chaos Burst?
KoH loses.
He got eaten.
Unknown takes the test.
Duel!
Another KoH appears.
The Ghost smiled.
Unknown won.
A treasure map.
They found the deck.
lol at Blue Eyes on the table.
lol at the secret. Yusaku is gone.
Ore no na wa Playmaker. The emissary from hell.

Ok backstory. What happened to my waifu Ghost Girl?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 28, 2022 7:31 AM
May 2021
Nice backstory to Kolter and Yusaku. My boy Theodore! Love me some, Teddy. Soulburner is taking my brain, ngl.
Nov 6, 2022 5:17 PM

Nov 2012
good end to the flashback of colter and Play Maker/Yusaku first meeting.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2018

22 by CyanGear »»
Mar 10, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2017

27 by XanderBly »»
Feb 25, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 120 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

48 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 5:38 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 82 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

13 by denana1239 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 102 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

10 by StarlingBGYT »»
Jan 16, 2023 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.