Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 6:14 PM

Jul 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So... I guess this is the end... Can't say I liked it.
Some of the action near the end looked cool but that's all.
Overall, very pointless anime.

I still can't believe this is a Shaft anime, to me it just looks like it's trying to mimic Shaft's style, but doing it very poorly. And it seems like it's the same director as Monogatari, Madoka, and 3-gatsu no Lion too :/
Aug 8, 2018 6:25 PM

May 2015
@Username57 Is this even worth watching if I didn't like the show? Because it just looks and sounds like more of the same.

Aug 8, 2018 7:03 PM

Jul 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
@Username57 Is this even worth watching if I didn't like the show? Because it just looks and sounds like more of the same.

Yeah, it's just the ending. Nothing too different. I guess some things are explained but I didn't even try to follow it.
Aug 9, 2018 7:58 AM

Aug 2016
This ending convinced more than it was the previous series, I hope he keeps pulling out more fate shaft.
Aug 9, 2018 11:05 PM
Mar 2017
So he basiculy won by the power of love. .. it was pretty but i expected more for an end we wait from months
Aug 10, 2018 8:42 PM
Sep 2017
This thing has 3 episode, why did they only add one. Animelist fix this.

Aug 12, 2018 12:59 AM

Jan 2014
I kinda don't get what happened in the end... where did Rin end up, the first level of SERAPH again? Is she just going to fight from scratch again? Why did her hair turn white? Wtf happened to Earth? Is everyone revived again?

Aug 12, 2018 1:26 AM

Mar 2008
SirYanako said:
I kinda don't get what happened in the end... where did Rin end up, the first level of SERAPH again? Is she just going to fight from scratch again? Why did her hair turn white? Wtf happened to Earth? Is everyone revived again?

That's real-life Earth and it's her actual hair colour. The Earth and Human civilisation was ruined over the course of 1000 years (all the War contestants are long "dead"). Rin's wish was to revive the planet. Rin was also probably the only one to 'return' to the real world from the Moon Cell thanks to Hakuno restoring her body with his wish at the end.
Aug 12, 2018 5:48 AM
Jan 2010
This stupid hack with a brain full of mushroom should just stick to writing Diarrhea Order instead. All you need to make a Diarrhea Order """""plot""""" is to pull a couple tropes out of a hat, assign them to historical or not so historical figures or cthulhu and hire someone to draw them. After that, pick an established old character from previous works to fall in love with the main character and add lots of screaming and EPIC action scenes told in full text with character portraits flying around and making faces. And that's the full thought process of what goes into a DO plot. You can't go wrong writing a plot for that """"game"""" because the hivemind will eat it all up and ask for more.
The scary thing is he's surrounded by yes-men and according to interviews actually thinks this is what the old fans wanted, on top of thinking that this would bring in new people to try the games, when it did the exact opposite and further isolated Fate to just DO.
Aug 12, 2018 11:02 AM

Jan 2014
Ckan said:
SirYanako said:

That's real-life Earth and it's her actual hair colour. The Earth and Human civilisation was ruined over the course of 1000 years (all the War contestants are long "dead"). Rin's wish was to revive the planet. Rin was also probably the only one to 'return' to the real world from the Moon Cell thanks to Hakuno restoring her body with his wish at the end.

That was Earth? But in the end we saw the buildings where Rin was basically "render" in, like a computer graphic. Is that really Earth and not inside Moon Cell?

Aug 13, 2018 1:08 AM
Jun 2017
SirYanako said:
Why did her hair turn white?

To add what Ckan already said: Fate/Extra Rin is not F/SN Rin. She is actually F/SN Rins relative (I think niece) but the personality is basically the same.

The black hair is just her "avatar" in the cell, the blonde hair is her real hair meaning that she actually is on earth again.

The wish was to give people on earth a new start and a fresh world. They also mentioned in some episode that some people still live on earth even if earth is bascially destroyed so she is not alone on earth.
Aug 13, 2018 2:41 AM

Jun 2017
I think Shaft's style does not fit the Fate franchise at all.
Personally i kind of enjoyed it, mainly because of the visual design and the music and the character of Nero
But if they done a respectable job at characterization, they botched the fights, which are one of the most important parts of the franchise, aside from the Gawain fight(That was cool)
I respect the fact that they went with an original story and an interesting take on the game, but if you don't know the events of the game you probably won't understand some of the story and how interesting some changes are
in short:I am not disappointed, just embittered
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Aug 13, 2018 5:29 AM

Aug 2014
AwesomeAlfie27 said:
I think Shaft's style does not fit the Fate franchise at all.

I don't know, I'd say the shafts style is the least of this animes problems. And Extraverse in general since SHAFT did the OP did seem to vibe well with the studio. Though given Last Encore I'd be surprised if at this point we see an anime for a far more deserving work like CCC.
Aug 13, 2018 6:52 AM

Jun 2017
I don't know if their visual storytelling and Heavy dialogue parts fit the franchise
Like i said, the fights were kind of poor, aside from the Gawain one
And Yes,the original Extra wasn't that good and CCC is the superior work
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Aug 27, 2018 3:13 AM

Feb 2013
That last attack was cool.
Sep 5, 2018 12:34 PM
May 2017
The action scenes have improved but are still well below expectations.
Sep 30, 2018 12:40 AM

Jul 2016
What a nice timing to fight Gawain at sunset... and regarding the fight, I must say they put a little more effort on it. That last blow from Galatine was cool.

And the scene where Nero left a white rose where Hakunon passed away was a nice addition as well.
Oct 10, 2018 1:53 PM

Feb 2012
Actually enjoyed the fight against Gawain. His noble phantasm was really cool.
Jun 21, 2019 6:06 AM

Dec 2018
Oh well, this got to happen first. They'll win eventually I guess.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 3, 2020 10:54 AM

Apr 2013
Hm in my opinion it's always boring if you introduce an opponent in the same episode that he wipes the floor with the hero. Makes him just another overpowered dude with no real personality, same for his servant.
Jul 11, 2020 2:02 PM

Oct 2012
Not utterly bad episode I guess but was kinda lost due to the time skip. Well, two more episodes, at least we can see how they wrap it up.

The fight itself was cool but it was obvious there is no way they could win at this point.
May 27, 2021 6:37 PM

Jan 2009
so is humanitys continued existence worth it? this is not just Existential Crisis of an individual but for the entire human race now

will Hakuno restore the Moon Cell even if that means he will be erase as an irregularity later on

damn Gawain is strong
Mar 24, 2023 7:54 AM

Nov 2010
Very nice OP. Nero is so beautiful with her hair down! She looked so sexy in action!
The truth is humanity is never worth saving. It needs to be put out of its misery. The only salvation for it is transhumanism.
Damn, that Nero vs. Gawain fight at the end was so cool, especially when Gawain used Excalibur Galatine. I'm such a sucker for such things.
Dec 12, 2023 7:18 PM
Jul 2023
Literally just a continuation, nothing new
- Gawain’s fight was pretty cool
- they have to reset??? Oh noooo
- somethings happening in a few hours?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore - Irusterias Tendousetsu Episode 3 Discussion

TechOtaku - Aug 17, 2018

39 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore - Irusterias Tendousetsu Episode 2 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 27, 2018

8 by Apreggi »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:11 PM

» What part does this play to Fate Extra?

Yas- - Apr 1, 2018

9 by Adatius »»
Oct 14, 2018 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.