Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 2018 12:56 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That ending psyche out. Charles is such a bro he'll help you cuck him.
Aug 8, 2018 1:19 AM

Jul 2012
I loved this anime, it was fresh and original. The characters were fun and likeable. The romance actually concludes and I also love the theme of photography behind their friendships. Solid 8 out of 10. I liked the blonde guy the most.
Aug 8, 2018 1:26 AM

Mar 2018
The ending makes me "aww" Charles is MVP and Alec got the attention she needs from him as well! Its a "win-win". I really wanted the full version of "Love song" that's in the episode 11 of the anime.
Aug 8, 2018 1:27 AM

Jul 2012
AsharaOnly said:
The ending makes me "aww" Charles is MVP and Alec got the attention she needs from him as well! Its a "win-win". I really wanted the full version of "Love song" that's in the episode 11 of the anime.
me too! His voice actor has such a beautiful voice.
Aug 8, 2018 1:29 AM

Apr 2012
ReaperCreeper said:
That ending psyche out. Charles is such a bro he'll help you cuck him.
He's got that Alec willing and ready in reserve though, probably helped his decision.
Aug 8, 2018 4:36 AM

Nov 2011
I finished the show and the finale was a pretty predictable one with both Tada and Teresa confessing their feelings.

It was pretty much inevitable from the start. Too bad Alec didn't get as much as spotlight as I had hoped for in the end. That being said, I have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed by this series overall. Many of the episodes felt the same tbh especially the first half.

It felt like the show wasn't really about Tada and Teresa the whole time until the very last few episodes.
Too many sidetracking and rom-com tropes that have been overused in similar series these days. It had a strong start but didn't really capitalize on them imo.

On the techical note, I'm impressed by the visual elements of the show and it didn't drop during the duration.

The coloring and animation quality is vibrant that bought out a sense of youth from the first minute I watched this.
Anyways, I think original rom-com series can be quite a risk these days and this one just felt mediocre in the end, at least for me.
Aug 8, 2018 7:03 AM

Apr 2016
What a terrible ending to an even more terrible anime.

I scored many shows with low ratings but none i consider waste of time, except this one.
Aug 8, 2018 9:33 PM

May 2012
Okay that really made it a lovely ending if you ask me, didn't expect that turn in events but well we did get a happy ending for our main cast!

Really loved the whole confession and actually development of their romance and that ending shot was just beautifully captured!

I do miss one thing though and that's the resolve of Hina, but besides that it really was a really lovely wrap up of this series I must say and I really liked the characters that appeared in it! All in all a pretty solid watch.
Aug 9, 2018 4:16 AM

Dec 2016
Fucking adorable
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 9, 2018 8:54 AM

Jan 2017
The ending to this anime was absurd and unrealistic; in which case would you find this amount of leniency within a royal... Take a look at that Japanese princess who opted to marry a Japanese commoner, she was relinquished of her title -so why wouldn't that be the case when a royal is marrying a foreigner.
There are underlying issues that need to be resolved going forward, but the conclusion of the series doesn't leave good growing space for such a development.
Why is she allowed to come running back to Tada? What does this mean for their monarchy? How can prince Charles do this?
There should have been more struggle... We didn't see that. There should've been a climax revolving around this predicament... We didn't get that. After all the cliche the anime presented... Should they have done that (ending in such a manner).

Will there be a season 2? I dunno. But if there is, there needs to be a serious fix up... 'Cause not everything is a rainbow, so there's gotta be better investment in the storyline etc.

P.S.
Because of this conclusion, the anime is no different to any other run of the mill romcom, so yeah, it's only an average rating anime.
Aug 13, 2018 5:52 PM

Dec 2012
Everything was great until the part where Teresa and Alec went back to their country, everything after that was weird and unrealistic.

This anime had a good feel to it overall, especially the first half. Definitely could've easily been taken to the next level if more thought was put into the plot, especially the ending. And to accomplish that, 20-something episodes would've been perfect.
An unhappy ending- excellently done- would've made me experience deeper emotions (heck any emotions) and make this a truly memorable anime.

I also wish Pin-senpai would've figured out who HINA truly is.

The most climatic part of the anime that had me on the edge of my seat was the minute Mitsuyoshi spent running after the invitation in the river hahaha

Also my favorite part of this anime was the Rainbow Shogun running gag, and the obviously-a-hit-man guy haha
Aug 14, 2018 10:26 AM

Dec 2014
well that was a great episode to the finale..really enjoyed the series.. wish there was a manga too
Aug 16, 2018 5:18 AM

Nov 2014
As i expected Tada'll win this anyways and i'm really glad that happen the amount of emotion that put in the confession was also beautiful,
and of course Charles become is one of few romance rival that i respected in a romance series with his behaviour toward them and sacrifical of his feelings.

actually i wish there'll be continuation or sequel to this series, since there are still many things i want to know in the group like how the relationship between Pin-senpai and Hina, Alec and Charles, tada's sister and many more, well i can't really expect more since this series was original tho :D.

Overall 10/10 i really enjoyed and loved it
Aug 19, 2018 10:05 PM

Jan 2014
BUT WHAT ABOUT PIN-SENPAI AND HINA
Aug 22, 2018 5:11 AM

Jan 2012
meh... before tada went back home, I could have lived with that ending there, but then it just got silly, I mean fair play to Charles turned out to be a top guy in the end, him and the cat for MVP but overall this anime was quite poor, no development of romance until like the 9th episode where it was just forced and rushed, and then all came together for an unrealistic happy ending, disappointed!
Aug 26, 2018 5:32 PM
Jul 2008
All hail those pansexual flags of Larsenburg !!
" I'll make art more beautiful than your blind hatred towards me. "
Aug 31, 2018 10:05 AM

Mar 2013
Ah I have mixed feelings about the ending. While I'm certainly glad that it worked out for Tada x Teresa, I feel sad my poor man Ijuuin drew short end of the stick as a result. It's sad precisely coz show dropped so many hints which implied Ijuuin was interested in Alec, but the ship didn't sail sadly *sigh*
Sep 2, 2018 2:06 AM

Aug 2014
Swagernator said:
What a terrible ending to an even more terrible anime.

I scored many shows with low ratings but none i consider waste of time, except this one.

Yeah i agree
1st It was pretty damn predictable
2nd of it Despite having a Romcom genre, i found very few of the scene actually very funny although some character interraction was great but most of it were you know.. Bland.

Like the review said, i expect a great thing from 1st episode then 2nd appears.. 3rd.... and so on , it gets dissapointing. Theres literally no character progress except in the lass few episodes but it also felt like an asspull more than anything.
Side character also ignored despite given their own episode for growth and the ending conclude nothing of them.
Also damn Ij/zuuin is pain in the ass, unrealistic in so many ways , almost like a clown but a denegerated version of a clown.

This anime reminds me of , How to Get dissapointed within 4 hours.
It was pretty dull, the romance wasnt what it was expected to be and the progress of the main character felt like it was a breeze until Teresa went back to home.
The ending is a happy one except you felt nothing towards their relationship.
Sep 3, 2018 11:50 AM
May 2015
I loved this show, was amazing!!! The couples are so cute, and overall love Mamuro casting, was my fav character!!!!
I was so happy the reunite in the end! So lovely!!!
The show of the season!!!
Sep 4, 2018 3:23 PM

Oct 2009
I would be more satisfied with an unhappy ending between Teresa and Tada >.>
They could have given Teresa a rich girl with arranged marriage background instead of being a princess if they wanna make it that easy to call off the wedding.
Sep 4, 2018 7:37 PM

Feb 2015
Tsuki_Shika said:
I also wish Pin-senpai would've figured out who HINA truly is.

The most climatic part of the anime that had me on the edge of my seat was the minute Mitsuyoshi spent running after the invitation in the river hahaha

Also my favorite part of this anime was the Rainbow Shogun running gag, and the obviously-a-hit-man guy haha

I agree that the series should have been longer, there was a lot more that could have happened. I was really hoping that there would be a conclusion with the whole HINA situation as well, which there seemed to be ripe material for even more backstory into their relationship like with Pin-senpai protecting Hinako from that dog in the opening/ep. 4 flashback. Instead we seemed to get that Rachel was the one writing the Sunflower detective stories, which I thought "Why should I care?" If it was almost anyone else I would have probably thought it was pretty funny, but as it was, eh.
I so think it would have also been nice if we at least got a glimpse of how much turmoil the royal house was thrown into with the events at the end. However, what is really sad is that everything would have flowed a lot smother and made more sense with one change. Have Charles be the prince of Larsenburg and that he is betrothed to Teresa who is from a respected house, but not royalty. This would have made more sense for her dream of being a ballerina and she couldn't be because of her obligation to marry Charles. This would also explain why Charles seemed to be in control of the guards at the party, and why he would be hiding out at the end because he would be taking the whole of breaking the engagement thus making Teresa completely free. I can only see this creating a small problem, and that is explaining Alec, but the show didn't do a great job with that in the first place.
Yes, the scene where he is running threw the canal to retrieve the invitation is quite possibly his best moment in the show. I always thought that that guy at the coffee shop WAS Rainbow Shogun, but your theory could also be true with that shot he made for the prize and all. However, the person playing the Rainbow Shogun at the show was not the same person as on TV.
Sep 8, 2018 8:34 AM

Feb 2017
Seriously? They tried to explain all those stupid things by saying this is how love works? I lost my faith in this anime. It's stupid. It's so extremely stupid... This show is so much wasted potential.
Also, good job in making Mitsuyoshi f'ed up. He cares more about some dumb girl than about his family. Yeah, it makes so much sense.
God, I'm angry. I'm writing everything down while watching and I hate this show so much. Main characters, to be precise. Especially Teresa, do such people really exist?
TADA SERIOUSLY CAN'T CATCH SOME STUPID ENVELOPE. Unnecessary so-called drama? Checked.
I was cheering for this invitation to escape. But nope.
By the way, why is Teresa's bun so big? I have hair about the same lenght and such a huge bun is simply impossible to make. "Anime logic" one more time, I guess.
Poor Charles, though... it's awful that he's fallen in love with the worst person possible.
This show is basically "Dumb & Dumber, Japanese version".
That ending... it changes everything.
At first I rated this show 10 because it was really good. But I changed it to 8. And then 5. Now it's 4. It's bad. My hopes were high but nope, Teresa apparently is not a princess anymore, maybe her parents made another baby or something. Because there's no logical explanation.
At least Charles is free which is good. It's bad enough that such a cool guy like him is a character in anime so bad I feel like puking.
I regret watching this... this THING. Only Koe no Katachi is worst. Well, at least now I'm free from this awful THING!
Sep 14, 2018 5:38 PM
Jun 2015
i tend to rank anime shows by there ending and this ending is really bad
i like realistic endings more this one is like fictional and really out of frame for there situation
she is a princess,she is her fathers only daughter how is this possible to run away from all these duties this is just sooo stubid it makes you think why the hell did you watch the anime if its gona end like this
i am really disappointed
Sep 16, 2018 7:56 AM

Oct 2013
Wow Mitsuyoshi was Alpha as fck, i don't care if anyone think the ending is cliché, well it kinda is but happy ending is always good for me. so Charles ends up with Alec, that's a bummer since i'm shipping Ijuin x Alec, they would make a cute couple don't you think ? the show is great and refreshing to some extend but a bit boring at some point.

Kinda curious how would this turn out, since Teresa is a princess and Queen to be meanwhile Mitsuyoshi is a pleb, a commone,r a peasant, pick your pharase, lmao. It would be funny if a Queen luxembourg married with an asian guy from another country and i think it is politically wrong.

Overall score 7/10, will be missed, too bad there's no manga version or anything
Sep 28, 2018 11:00 AM

Oct 2008
That happy ending felt way too forced, a lot of things felt unnatural. Ignoring all of the coincidences which carried Tada towards the meetings at the end, I can't imagine Charles simply breaking up the engagement like that. Did I missed the part where we were told that Charles has a ntr fetish?

Quite said they left so many lose ends like Hasegawa and Sugimoto, and the true bro Ijuin who spent his whole life supporting Tada and got zero recognition for it. Instead spending two episodes on the cat..

Poor writing and development, mediocre series at best. Art was about the only thing that saved it. 6/10.
Oct 15, 2018 8:34 PM

Jan 2009
I was quite disappointed with the ending of this anime. Like many, I was hoping for a more realistic ending. Maybe if this show aired back when I was younger, then I would have enjoyed it but I feel like with the person that Teresa is supposed to be, a princess, then this love would not have been possible. It was already good when they told each other that they liked each other and “would never forget this love” but Teresa coming back for Mitsuyoshi in Japan killed it for me. So what’s going to happen to her country now? She said that she will never leave Tada’s side again, so does that mean that she’s relinquishing her position as the princess of Larsenberg? She’s the only daughter, so does that mean that they would have to have the next person in line (whoever that is) take the throne? This is high school! You guys have a lot of growing up to do. It is incredibly selfish if she threw her position away just for Mitsuyoshi. Or maybe it’s an open ending and we’re free to imagine what we want to imagine, especially nowadays where royals (particularly England) have been marrying commoners.

Charles was definitely the MVP. I felt bad for him because it seemed like he really did love Teresa, but at the same time, it was good that he called off the engagement because he shouldn’t be in a one-sided relationship like that.

Ijuin is such a great best friend too, always supporting Mitsuyoshi. I love Miyano Mamoru!
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
Oct 29, 2018 8:51 PM

Sep 2009
niiica said:
I was quite disappointed with the ending of this anime. Like many, I was hoping for a more realistic ending. Maybe if this show aired back when I was younger, then I would have enjoyed it but I feel like with the person that Teresa is supposed to be, a princess, then this love would not have been possible. It was already good when they told each other that they liked each other and “would never forget this love” but Teresa coming back for Mitsuyoshi in Japan killed it for me. So what’s going to happen to her country now? She said that she will never leave Tada’s side again, so does that mean that she’s relinquishing her position as the princess of Larsenberg? She’s the only daughter, so does that mean that they would have to have the next person in line (whoever that is) take the throne? This is high school! You guys have a lot of growing up to do. It is incredibly selfish if she threw her position away just for Mitsuyoshi. Or maybe it’s an open ending and we’re free to imagine what we want to imagine, especially nowadays where royals (particularly England) have been marrying commoners.

Charles was definitely the MVP. I felt bad for him because it seemed like he really did love Teresa, but at the same time, it was good that he called off the engagement because he shouldn’t be in a one-sided relationship like that.

Ijuin is such a great best friend too, always supporting Mitsuyoshi. I love Miyano Mamoru!

SAY WHAT NOW !!!? TADA-KUN AND TERESA / ALEC AND CHARLES HAD TO GET THEIR HAPPY ENDING >=( DO NOT BREAK MY HEART WITH SOMETHING REALISITC XD

Nov 5, 2018 5:54 PM

Oct 2016
good finish but needs more Hiina
Nov 6, 2018 9:44 PM
Jul 2015
Amazing anime, endearing characters, absolutely loved the ending. I hope we get an ova to conclude Hina and pin senpai.
Nov 14, 2018 11:45 PM

Jun 2014
Omg... no conclusion to the Hina sub-plot?! Come on, that would've been the most hilarious and amazing thing ever.
Dec 10, 2018 7:17 PM
Oct 2018
could have a more closed end, kind of showing other couples. Final full did not have. Unfortunately most make this kind of end 'incomplete.
Dec 24, 2018 2:30 PM

Oct 2010
Overall a predictable ending but still loved it. Charles not being a generic douchebag was a really change from most stories like this
Dec 27, 2018 3:55 AM

Nov 2007
6/10 just because of the stories of the supporting characters.

Would have like it if more if Teresa chose to oblige his duty instead of following her heart..
Jan 4, 2019 1:12 AM
Jan 2014
i like the whole story but the ending.

it may be a good ending for both Teresa and Tada, but what will happen in Larsernburg ?
Jan 18, 2019 12:04 PM

Nov 2018
Oh man that ending, its almost unexpectedly happy lmao
This anime managed to be not so predictable, I will give it that
Nice cast too, Mamoru Miyano's voice casting was esp. golden
Needs more tho, think it should have a S2
For what it got, I am gonna rate it well
Feb 24, 2019 6:34 AM
Jan 2019
nice enjoyable anime with likeable characters and happy end.
Feb 24, 2019 12:18 PM

Aug 2015
Just finished it and oh god, it got me really hard. Loved it, really cute and funny anime. I have to agree, that from the moment when Alec and Teresa went back to their countries it became really weird and unrealistic, but whatever! If there's a happy ending I will take that ♥.
Mar 11, 2019 12:20 AM
Jun 2016
This anime was magnificent...I really laughed and enjoyed this anime. I am truly grateful. I learnt alot...name one color of a rainbow? Lol
Mar 16, 2019 5:52 AM

Jun 2011
now i get why there's so many low rating reviews for this series..

The series started off okayish but the supporting characters are all annoying.. you have the typical photography club president who's a total perv, like we've seen in all the other anime that has a photography club, such is a generic character role. And then coincidentally we have a childhood friend who totally is in love with that perv with barely any redeeming quality just because he saved her once when they were young.. and then.. and then they just happen to not get along well on the outside, so there's a tons of (not-so) quality banters.

Then in this type of anime, the characters that are grouped together often is being paired with each other.. there's always equal amount of female characters and male characters.. Alec with that narcissistic blonde or being the backup girl for , club president with not-so-secretly a gravure idol who's underaged btw, then we have Teresa with our protagonist, and the dog with the little sister. What is friendship anyway, we gotta just bone each other, amiright?

At the beginning, I was really invested in the potential romance between our protagonist and Teresa, but they fell in love pretty much instantaneously that there's nothing to root for, it felt like it's pre-destined. No effort whatsoever put into writing the romantic development between the 2, just some slow-mo panned in shocking reaction of them "falling in love" with each other. Very disappointing.

The artwork on Alec is top notch though but that's really it. What a generic, disappointing romance series.

P.S. the promotional picture doesn't illustrate the series accurate enough, there's barely any greeneries in the series, it's through and through a school romance.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 4, 2019 6:27 AM

Aug 2017
Incredibly bad show. Hinako didn't even get any closure and she was the only worthwhile character.
Jun 24, 2019 7:07 AM
Jan 2019
i still vote for Charles damn just why that happened i still can't accept the fact that it's end here need their full life story that's what problem with anime story i want the story where they live and died
Sep 27, 2019 10:00 PM

Sep 2012
Not sure why people want and expected a realism ending. This is a comedy show at the end of the day. They ain't going to end on a bad note like that. Also, haven't you guys had enough of bitterness and realism in the real world? Why not enjoy a happy end that wouldn't really happen in reality?
Oct 22, 2019 8:10 AM
Oct 2019
WTF is this one?

I mean i watched a lot of animes already and realized that shoujo is a no no for me(well, i didn't had the idea that it was one before i watched so it was my fault) but this one, WTF? Asian stories always go this way (i know it 'cause i'm an asian) but it was worse this time.
At first, i expected it to be romantic and heartbreaking based from what i'd heard and researched. Even if it is not the cut for me as long as it has good animation and delivery, it is bearable (well i'm not really picky on anime as long as it has a good delivery and as long as it is not shoujo, yaoi, or josei- speaking of not being picky😁). Then, there're the cliches but it is still ok as long as it has a good delivery and the end has come. Did you ever think that a cliche can be cliched also?
Well for me they didn't gave justice on the ending. I liked it at first but the ending was meh. Sorry it was horribly cliched at the end (but i'm not saying that cliches are awful; i repeat cliches are bearable and could be possibly enjoyable as long as it was executed very well).
Nov 2, 2019 3:17 PM

Jul 2012
The 2nd half was bad but would still recommend the show if they removed the post credits scene when they reunite if thye ended it as a tragic love would have been so much better instead of feeliong like a cop out.
Jan 24, 2020 2:28 AM
Oct 2019
Amazing anime you will appreciate it if you were good at reading story all the happening.Just don't watch read the words too so that you can understand it....😁
Mar 11, 2020 8:52 AM

Mar 2017
Wait... WHA??? Did she abdicate to be with him?! I feel all warm inside with that wholesome ending hehe

I have so much love and respect for Charles! That's what loving someone is really about; putting their own happiness before your own. I'm hoping that he and Alec can be together in the future.

I wish there was another season of this, or at least a mini OVA series to just show what happens in the future for them all.
Mar 17, 2020 5:57 AM
Dec 2019
I feel like all of the characters is an one person who divided his self each like theres a narcissist, focus, depressed, cheerful and funny etc. I really love this show. Makes me realise if you have that kind of attitude means youre lonely. To turn it into strength, you divided in and make it pillars or story just like this. I know its weird i discuss the small details. But its cliche to read a comment the same like others do. So gomenasai and arigatou gosaimasu for reading this hahahaha i really wasted your time tho.
Apr 29, 2020 4:48 AM
Dec 2009
I thought it was average most of the time, but this ending definitely upped it for me. I like how Teresa followed Rainbow Shogun's principle. Charles is honestly such a great guy, I seldom see a romantic rival that is as pure as this guy.

6/10, I would've rated it as a 5 but that ending was good.
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Jun 9, 2020 1:52 AM

Nov 2013
“I guarantee you won’t find another guy as great as you in the world. After all, a man’s charm is determined by his friends!”

This was a nice anime!

Ijuin wins best bro guaranteed! — tagging along overseas just because he was worried about Tada, and giving him that much needed pep talk as well.

It was a tad unrealistic with the whole travelling overseas just to confess, but I’m glad Mitsuyoshi was able to say what was on his mind and not regret like with his parents. I think the story would’ve worked better as a bittersweet tale, but it was nice to see a happy end.
Also, I was hoping for Alex to confess to Charles, but I guess that end scene with them together is consolation enough. What also impressed me was that Charles actually turned out to be a really great guy — he really did want Teresa to be happy, even if it meant a romantic rival getting in his way.

All in all, this was enjoyable!
Jul 8, 2020 11:00 AM
Jul 2020
I do not really like the ending, even though finally tada and teresa together then what about the love stories of other characters do they finally get happiness with those they love or be friends forever and live happily with their respective partners I hope there is an OVA or even S2 to explain about the continuation of their relationship
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

13 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 11 Discussion

12 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 10 Discussion

10 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 28, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 9 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

10 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 28, 4:18 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

58 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 28, 3:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.