Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, a relationship chart. Interesting. It seems the episode is exploring human emotions as part of its theme. The Ministry of Defense and their plans...

The episode was kinda fun to watch, felt different than the others. It shows the characters in their civilian clothes and more open to others with the relaxed environment. Idk if Hisone is ready for a relationship yet but she's quite fun to watch when interacting with others.
May 25, 2018 11:19 AM

Nov 2007
This episode was so damn hilarious!

Friendzoned haha! But I think I wouldn't mind Hisone ending up with Okonogi (she didn't even know his first name lol) because he is such an adorable sweet guy. For now, I am happy that she has her Masotan!

I am more worried about Hoshino falling for that jerk. Don't go fall for him just because he praised you! Argh! Ririko on the other hand would totally sell her team members in the future. I really hope it doesn't become the case. I am just glad that she missed the moment when Hoshino blushed. Also, Hitomi is a total groper. You pervy old man! :D

Anyways,

HisoMasooooo
HisoMasoooooooooooo
HisoMasooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Cannot get enough of this!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 26, 2018 11:45 AM

Apr 2015
"Oh, wow, it's hard." LEWD

Also Hisone and Okonogi belong together yet at the same time he has to break her heart and if she falls in love Masotan might stop accepting her and ahhhhhh this is too much drama for me to handle.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 26, 2018 11:56 AM

Apr 2016
Wait a minute, i thought this is a show about planes not ships ...

Anyway, man you can't stop it ... they are all already set xD
May 26, 2018 12:00 PM

Nov 2016
So Ririko is a big Kingdom fan,too bad that she was scammed in the end xD

Sweet and hilarious episode about love,even ship Hisone and Haruto a bit now.

God bless this show

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 26, 2018 12:08 PM

Jul 2017
This episode was really cute and hilarious with focusing on romance partners for the D-Pilots. Was really fun and hilarious xD

What a blessing this show is. Tremendous stuff :)
May 26, 2018 12:19 PM

Jun 2015
It's interesting to know that pilots cannot fall in love. An operation is in place so that won't happen for the current pilots. Hisone had a nice time with Haruto. Ririko is a big Kingdom fan, she got duped at the end lol.
May 26, 2018 12:25 PM

Apr 2014
ririko singing the ed ♥
lets hope hoshino doesnt actually fall for that dude.
May 26, 2018 1:15 PM

Apr 2016
Although the episode had a fun environment, They're is a lot of ominous things that is going on in the background. D-Pai's not being able to fall in love and all the ships being set up in the background just screams heart break toward the end of the show. A lot of interesting stuff going on. Hoshino better not fall for that ass hat though. This is anime of the season for me so far, but if this keep up, I might add this to my favorites. It's so damn good!
5/5
May 26, 2018 2:59 PM

Mar 2016
This was sort of humorous (and cute), but any serious result (if serious) of whatever the conflict is going to be will probably be dumb, with such a contrivance to start the motion. Pretty damn obvious way of inserting love drama, but who knows where they're going with this. I think I like Kinutsugai and Hoshino equally at this point.
shanimebib said:
I am more worried about Hoshino falling for that jerk.

It's probably already happened.
syncrogazerMay 26, 2018 3:16 PM
May 26, 2018 3:09 PM

Apr 2014
Love the episode for the most part. By far the funniest part was Hitomi rubbing the guy's leg.

I'm say this right now though, if Hoshino ends up falling for that jackass I'm going to be extremely pissed cause he's one of the main ones spouting all that sexist bullcrap so a couple of scenes where he's actually nice to her does not and will not cut it for me.
May 26, 2018 4:27 PM

Sep 2015
Ririko singing the ending was just wonderful! XD

Hope that was the lat episode where the "romance" theme was approached. Given the result of the "test" and the danger it offers to the D-pilots seems very likeable.

Someone need to save Hoshino from that scum as soon as possible, please!
May 26, 2018 6:19 PM

Jan 2015
I can only echo most of what everybody else has already said about this episode... It was mostly cute and fun, paying particular attention to Hisone and Okonogi's date. As well as Hitomi's hands-on approach with men. Whoo-boy! And Ririko's take on the ED -- the original version of which, I really love, for its thorough 70s vibe.

But, this whole plot to pit the pilots together with love interests, just for the purpose of breaking their hearts later on, because they need to be pure in their connection to their respective dragons; Man, that's some kinda dark and brutal twist. And what is it all for, exactly? What is it that so threatens their country -- or perhaps, the world -- that makes the d-pilots such a necessity in the first place, but that also makes it so absolutely necessary for them to have to suffer for it?
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
May 26, 2018 7:22 PM

Sep 2017
Hmm by the way this episode ended it seems like they won't continue with the breaking of the hearts thing. I kinda hope not. It's a pretty cruel thing to do. Hopefully Eru doesn't actually fall for Zaito, and tho I don't think we will get a seriously relationship between Hisone and Haruto, a little something would be cute.
May 27, 2018 2:36 AM

Nov 2007
ProofByColor said:
tho I don't think we will get a seriously relationship between Hisone and Haruto, a little something would be cute.

I think the key is to what Hitomi said. That she would like her lover to love her OTF as much as she does. And by now it is obvious that Okonogi really treasures Masotan. So, even if Hisone falls in love with Okonogi, I think it won't have any adverse effect on her attachment with Masotan because Okonogi loves Masotan too. Maybe it will be even better for the woman to fall in love with a man who loves OTFs: a case which the top brass has not taken into consideration.

It also explains why Nao couldn't become a D-Pilot. She is in love with someone who probably doesn't care about anything but D-Pilot suits.
Coronavirus.
May 27, 2018 2:36 AM

Apr 2016
Definitely feel bad for the guy who is clearly catching feelings, but knows that if Hisone falls for him he has to break her heart. Geez.
[
May 27, 2018 3:36 AM

Jul 2015
This was such a nice episode, but knowing their current objective is to have the girls fall in love and then break their hearts kind of hurts me. I don't want to see these precious babies hurt. That outro though. I like her voice, it's funny.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 27, 2018 6:57 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Lilikos being bribed by Kingdom was absolute gold. XD
It was pretty hilarious watching her try to get information out of her fellow D-Pilots, it's also kinda sad that no one believes she'll fall in love.

Drunk Hisone was hilarious. XD
Hisone and Haruto's date was really cute especially that one moment where she mentions how Haruto was able to put his duty and the things he likes together.

Futomi, you pervy old man. XDD

Wonder if Eru really will fall for that guy. :o

The final sequence where all the dragon were vying for the flip phones was really nice.

That scam at the end. xD
May 27, 2018 8:22 AM

Feb 2016
Damn Hitomi, didn't knew you were on big hard things like that O.o

Lmfao, Lilikos is really amusing to watch hehe
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 27, 2018 9:30 AM

Sep 2011
I can't believe Ririko became a spy and sold personal information about her friends to a stranger for her hobby. lol I mean, I'm pretty serious about mine too, but this is a bit much and she was even tricked.

But I really liked the episode, some pairings were born/clearly defined and I like them, especially OkonogixAmakasu, the whole plan to break their hearts completely for the so mentioned ritual is too cruel, but I'm looking forward to see how everything will develop from here onward.
FayrinMay 27, 2018 4:47 PM
May 27, 2018 2:11 PM

Feb 2018
I'm worried about that "ritual". It sounds really ominous but given the comedic ground of the series I don't think it'll turn out to be anything really serious. The same happened with Maso-tan's previous pilot, it appeared like something terrible happened to her but she only got married (well, now we know why that seems to be so terrible for D Pilots).

The juices lady is likely the person that appeared in the dream back in the island. Maybe some kind of One D Pilot to rule them all, given that they mentioned something about memories returning.

shanimebib said:
Anyways,

HisoMasooooo
HisoMasoooooooooooo
HisoMasooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Cannot get enough of this!

Same goes for me XD HisoMasoooooooo is the new Tu-tu-ruuu.
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
May 27, 2018 3:34 PM

Nov 2007
AbeldeMedici said:
The juices lady is likely the person that appeared in the dream back in the island.

She IS the same person who appeared in their dreams. She even wears the same yellow scarf around her neck.
Coronavirus.
May 27, 2018 4:04 PM

Feb 2018
shanimebib said:
AbeldeMedici said:
The juices lady is likely the person that appeared in the dream back in the island.

She IS the same person who appeared in their dreams. She even wears the same yellow scarf around her neck.

Oh, I didn't notice that connection in the dream part. Even so, it was obvious enough when they mentioned her. Even the first time she appeared, when she indicated the way to the hangar, I had the feeling she was somehow involved with Maso-tan.
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
May 27, 2018 7:37 PM

Nov 2011
Ririko was singing the ending! That was really awesome!

Damn man I feel bad for Okonogi, he takes care of Masotan and he obv has feelings for Hisone as well.

Man that was a cute Drunken moment between Hisone and Okonogi.

Hoshino and Zaito though????

That old woman is a mystery!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 27, 2018 11:30 PM

May 2015
Hehehe, great voice acting in this episode.

So love gets in the way of the job, and they want the pilots to get cucked so that they can forget about love? Eww...Well one thing's for certain, Ririko got cucked for the next Kingdom chapter!

And poor Nao. She better become more relevant in the next few episodes!

And damn it that singing in the ED!
May 28, 2018 1:37 AM

Dec 2017
I can't help but to get Evangelion vibes.

I worry for the highly probable tone shift.
Oct 2, 2018 9:21 AM

May 2012
That ending was quite interesting! Really do wonder who that actually is! Still quite a lovely episode and lol that ending song variation :p
Oct 13, 2018 2:21 AM

Mar 2018
was that a nichijou refrence?
May 13, 2019 10:34 PM

Jul 2016
Hitomi so SAVAGE, I really wasn't expecting that from her xD

I honestly enjoyed this episode way more due to its comedy rather than its writing I mean, the reasons for the romance approach seem "logical" but I still found its inclusion a bit absurd/forced for some reason.

That said, it was still a pretty enjoyable episode. The interactions were great and Ririko singing the ED was pure gold.
SouthRzVaMay 13, 2019 10:37 PM
Apr 10, 2021 12:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hahahaha that whole Kingdom reference xD
Love is really in the air
Jun 29, 2023 12:53 PM

Sep 2020
Nice Gattaca reference

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 8 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 6, 2018

5 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 15, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2018

90 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 2, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 6, 2018

10 by Fuwa_san »»
Jan 8, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

30 by hikari_kuroo »»
Nov 25, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2018

43 by quentintarantado »»
May 21, 2023 12:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.