Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2018 4:50 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Seriously great volume dealing with Joe's depression after killing Rikishi. I don't think it was really his fault, to me it's a combination of the fall and Rikishi fasting himself to the point that he was likely completely dehydrated by the end of the match. Anyway, I like that there wasn't one particular moment that got Joe back into the ring but several encounters with friends, enemies, and even Youko that finally got him out of his rut. That scene with Youko was great, btw. It doesn't age perfectly, I guess with the whole "I'm a man and you are a woman thing" but the scene was still strong and I can't wait to see it animated whenever I get to the anime.

Interested in how Joe's inability to attack the head will play out. It's obviously a crippling issue for a boxer.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 26, 2021 10:20 PM

Dec 2020
Even though it's been a bit of a drag, I do find this way of joe dealing with death really interesting. the death does have a weight to it and does actually change the story.
and the fight with Joe and Nishi was giving me a huge deja vu of taking a break or giving up on something just to come back feeling garbage at it and having to start all over.
Although gotta say the kids that appear throughout this manga haven't aged a day lmao
Fang_ToothNov 26, 2021 10:32 PM
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.

More topics from this board

» Official English Edition Announced by Kodansha

ItzElite - Feb 22

5 by DioBrando_69420 »»
Mar 25, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe Chapter 171 Discussion

Hentaicheg - Jun 20, 2015

26 by Trap_Traps_Traps »»
Dec 3, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe Chapter 5 Discussion

Komlan_6 - Jan 30, 2021

2 by ZaToSisCloCk »»
Apr 4, 2023 12:31 AM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe Chapter 4 Discussion

Komlan_6 - Jan 30, 2021

2 by ZaToSisCloCk »»
Apr 3, 2023 10:29 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe Chapter 1 Discussion

Madara22 - Apr 23, 2016

2 by ZaToSisCloCk »»
Apr 2, 2023 1:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.