Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 12, 2018 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very intense episode, especially the parts with Dark Shadow :o
However, I'm glad they're able to restore him back to normal.

Himiko also got more screen time! She attacks Uraraka and Tsuyu in a 2 on 1 fight and that got pretty intense. Even when outnumbered, she seems to enjoy taking them both on. It also doesn't surprise me that she has such a deadly ability that she uses alongside with her weapons.

Kinda nice to see Mr. Compress this episode too. These villains really got more creative this season.
May 12, 2018 1:51 AM

Jan 2012
We've got "Roaring Upheaval" this week, the 44th episode overall covering the rest of Chapter 79 through 80 to finish off Volume 9 of the original source manga, as well as 81 from Volume 10. Dark Shadow is on the rampage! But that's alright, cause I love the way Deku thinks when asked to choose between helping Tokoyami or Bakugo: do both! It Is the true hero's response after all. XD And it's pretty convenient in some respects, such as Dark Shadow taking care of that freak Moonfish. And Bakugo and Todoroki are probably the best two candidates to help a rampaging shadow quirk what with their own rather flashy ones to counter it. Also nice to see Uraraka showing off some moves she learned during her internship against Toga. She didn't get away unscathed though, and Toga certainly left a...disturbing impression. But when things seem to be going so well Bakugo's fate becomes even more endangered. Save him Midoriya! Well I guess I should say everyone because it really has been a team effort so far. Shoji, Todoroki, Uraraka, Momo, etc..., but now that everyone is gathering together we're no doubt in for one crazy scramble! XD

animefan8800May 12, 2018 3:03 AM
May 12, 2018 3:01 AM
Nov 2017
The animation wasn’t really good this episode considering how much chino reviews was hyping it up . Still an enjoyable episode .
May 12, 2018 3:04 AM

Mar 2008
Deku is always the mvp. Never leave anyone behind. Plus Uraraka slammed that blood freak to the ground. Too bad she got away.
May 12, 2018 3:09 AM

Mar 2018
I'm so glad they managed to recreate the intensity of the manga, I wasn't expecting the episode to adapt this much so I was pleasantly surprised.

And three best girls were harmed during this episode, the pain is real ;_;
May 12, 2018 3:11 AM

Jan 2016
This is why Tokoyami's quirk is one my favorites damn
Let's all give Shoji and Tokoyami some well-deserved love! <3

I dont like where this episode ended it feels like it got cut or something (or maybe thats just me)
May 12, 2018 3:12 AM

Sep 2014
Dark Shadow while being on a rampage brought down Moonfish easily while both Shoto and Bakugo had a hard time to fight him due to the forest. After that it was subdued by the light. Toga fought against Tsuyu and Ochako till the rest of the gang joined and then retreated. Mr. Compress though managed to abduct both Tokoyami and Bakugo without them noticing. Next week is going to be even more intense.
May 12, 2018 3:18 AM

Jan 2009
Deku with quick tactics lol same for Momo attaching a detector kind of device to the Nomu
May 12, 2018 3:24 AM

Nov 2016
Damn, Dark Shadow is a strong and scary quirk. Nice intense moment there.

Deku with his good plan, attracting Shadow to the enemy. Im satisfied with the action delivered. Toga is a psychopath, a true yandere. The mind games played in the scene was good, damn. She fell in love with Deku, LOL.

Compress have a handy quirk, he was very sneaky. I like the personality of the villains so far. Toga and Deadpool Twice interactions gave me giggles. Good plan of Deku's, he is really smart in battle.
May 12, 2018 3:32 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

That was some real Revelry in the Dark for Dark Shadow and Tokoyami. Love how Deku and Shoji baited the berserk Dark Shadow into taking out Moonfish for them. Good thing Bakugou and Todoroki were there to help Dark Shadow calm down.
Love the part where Deku says that he wants to save both Bakugou and Tokoyami.

Bakugou sure doesn't like the idea of being protected. It's always hilarious when he lashes out like that. xD

Ah, Himiko, as crazy as ever. XD
The way she was trying to get into Ochako's head when the latter had her pinned was actually pretty smart, Himiko x Deku, love at first sight. xDD

Compress pulled a fast one on our young heroes by capturing Bakugou. :(

Momo got hurt by the advanced Nomu. :(
I love it when she has her hair down though, nice move on her part by attaching that tracking device to the Nomu.

That moment when Deku says he doesn't feel any pain and that he can move, so much conviction from a young kid. You can't help but root for him in these situations. xD
That final slam on Compress was epic as hell.

Can't wait for next week.
Plus Ultra!

May 12, 2018 3:35 AM

Dec 2015
Ah, Toga finally made her appearance. I haven't really had the chance to hear her speak enough, but I think I'm liking her VA.

Twice is pretty funny btw. Very much looking forward to the next episode!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 12, 2018 3:35 AM

Jul 2017
Wasn't as great and intense as the last 2 episodes but still, a good episode nonetheless.

May 12, 2018 3:41 AM
Mar 2016
This Anime Needs a Deadpool like character to spice it up. Its boring & same old garbage / power of friendship etc.

Japanese anime follow same safe formula for certain fan-base. Studios don't take risk like western studios. That is why mainstream audience don't care.

I wish something like marvel level comes from japan. Something that mainstream audience can enjoy globally.
Happy watching
May 12, 2018 3:43 AM

Nov 2015
The flashback of Occhaco fighting gun head was from the filler episode of season 2 . Looks like it's relevant now.

MonkeyDJasper said:
The animation wasn’t really good this episode considering how much chino reviews was hyping it up . Still an enjoyable episode .

That's because Chibi reviews dose'nt know shit about animation or the industry it self. I don't know why he even makes videos on every little thing he re tweets on Twitter. He probably thought every single animator who worked on episode 10 season 2 would return for this.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
May 12, 2018 3:47 AM

Feb 2013
I can't get enough of Toga, she is perfect!
Bakugou and Tokoyami were kidnapped!
May 12, 2018 3:59 AM

Sep 2017
Xion69 said:
This Anime Needs a Deadpool like character to spice it up. Its boring & same old garbage / power of friendship etc.

Japanese anime follow same safe formula for certain fan-base. Studios don't take risk like western studios. That is why mainstream audience don't care.

I wish something like marvel level comes from japan. Something that mainstream audience can enjoy globally.

1- Fairy Tail is power of friendship bullshit. In my hero you can see that there is actual planning from the villains and heroes going into the fights.

2- If anything, most Marvel movies follow a structure that's just as predictable as most shonen.

3- The Deadpool movie we all enjoyed so much wouldn't be a thing if it wasn't for the fans clamoring for it and Ryan Reynolds convincing the studio. Hollywood takes even lesk risks when making movies than the anime industry.

4- My Hero Academia is the biggest anime mainstream success since Attack on titan.

I can't tell if you are a troll or just very badly informed, but you've managed to be wrong on every single statement you've made, except maybe the Deadpool character thing, and we already have Twice with the villains.
miguitronikMay 12, 2018 4:03 AM
May 12, 2018 4:02 AM
Oct 2017
HeroAca 06 ...
Well this episode had really bad animation coming from Bones studios which was a surprise and again like the entire season 3 episode it wasn't great in terms of presenting story content in form anime also last scene animation was wicked

But this episode is literally *Just Toga*
May 12, 2018 4:04 AM

May 2014
Man I still love how Muscular is the husbando version of Bakugo I wished him to be.
He's so HAWT even when on the floor xD (Doujins when?)

Episode was over 9000, loved the intensity and the OST was godlike

May 12, 2018 4:10 AM

Oct 2017
I always knew Tokoyami was OP, exactly why he's my fav character.
May 12, 2018 4:12 AM
Jan 2018
Anime reaching manga published in Spain in only 5 caps (ignoring the filler), the thing goes interesting
Really want to see Dabi in a real fight
May 12, 2018 4:14 AM
Jan 2018
ZoroZoldyck said:
Man I still love how Muscular is the husbando version of Bakugo I wished him to be.
He's so HAWT even when on the floor xD (Doujins when?)

Episode was over 9000, loved the intensity and the OST was godlike

So accurate xD Muscular and Bakugou are also similar in their motivation to be hero/villain... Both reasons are kinda simple
May 12, 2018 4:18 AM
Jan 2015
I don't know why , but i kind of like her
May 12, 2018 4:28 AM
Jul 2014
Monish_Psycho100 said:
HeroAca 06 ...
Well this episode had really bad animation coming from Bones studios which was a surprise and again like the entire season 3 episode it wasn't great in terms of presenting story content in form anime also last scene animation was wicked

The animation was solid. The stuff with Dark Shadow was pretty good and the scene with Awase and Momo looked excellent.
May 12, 2018 4:32 AM
Jan 2018
ChocoBar9 said:
Monish_Psycho100 said:
HeroAca 06 ...

The animation was solid. The stuff with Dark Shadow was pretty good.

Yep, but it could be better. Anyway I liked it. The long teeth dude for example has a bad animation and design compared to manga (manga provided him more details in the mouth for example)
May 12, 2018 4:35 AM
Oct 2017
ChocoBar9 said:
Monish_Psycho100 said:
HeroAca 06 ...

The animation was solid. The stuff with Dark Shadow was pretty good and the scene with Awase and Momo looked excellent.

What no it wasn't even 1% of Bones product in this episode in that Dark Shadow animation, the episode was ok but Toga moment are <3 only reason I liked this episode
If you think this episode had good animation considering the staffs involved then you need to watch their works and other Bones studio
Sorry it wasn't that great to be called as solid animation from Bones
May 12, 2018 4:43 AM

Jul 2017
Confused Bakugou is the best thing ever
May 12, 2018 4:46 AM

Oct 2015
The direction was great, but the animation was only decent and the drawings were really wonky. Makes me think this episode was rushed. Not all episodes will have 10/10 animation so I'm not too bothered. Plus it looks to be better next week.

I was hoping they'd do Tokoyami a bit more justice though. The devastation of Dark Shadow can only be scene from a bird's eye view.

Good episode nonetheless.
May 12, 2018 4:53 AM

Feb 2018
Dark shadows weakness seems a bit to extrem for me. back in s 2 it looked like dark shadow in his small daylight Form was just reluctant to attack backlog because of the explosions but now dark shadow in its crazy big form can be surpressed by Todoroki and Bakugo using small flames like that ?? If that's the case anyone with a Torch can beat Tokoyami xd.
May 12, 2018 4:56 AM

Mar 2018
SergioAlias said:
ChocoBar9 said:

The animation was solid. The stuff with Dark Shadow was pretty good.

Yep, but it could be better. Anyway I liked it. The long teeth dude for example has a bad animation and design compared to manga (manga provided him more details in the mouth for example)

I have to agree on this one, the manga has an exceptionnal art and the anime didn''t really do it justice in this episode. Apart from the Deku vs Muscular fight, the manga was better on almost every scenes in this season.

BUT for those who discover the story with the anime I'm sure they're greatly enjoying it.
May 12, 2018 4:57 AM

Feb 2018
Also Deku says that with that group they might be able to go up against All might I doubt that's true. I mean Their quirks are all very powerful and dark shadow is fckn op in that situation but they are all rather weak as individuals so all might can just take them all out one after the other and then handle Tokoyami in 1vs1 combat.
May 12, 2018 5:02 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always! Some parts actually gave me goosebumps.

By the way, I see they mentioned Lida a couple of times during this episode and I had not realised until now that I can't remember seeing him for a couple of episodes now and I can't for the life of me remember where he went or if they even told us where he went. Does anyone remember? Or has he just mysteriously been absent from recent episodes?
May 12, 2018 5:03 AM

Sep 2014
Daym. Art a bit off here and there and expected them to cover the next chapter as well, but overall a great episode. The only thing that really stood out was Dark Shadow which looked better in the manga imo
May 12, 2018 5:08 AM

Jan 2011
This episode was so exhilarating and god damn intense. I'm an anime-only but my favourite character has always been Tokoyami and hearing about his ability being much stronger in Season 2 really made curious to what it would be like if he was fighting during the night; that is exactly what this episode gave us. Of course Tokoyami lost control of Dark Shadow but holy shit was it OP as fuck.

The part where Shoji asked Midoriya to choose to save Bakugou or Tokoyami, I just KNEW he would not choose one or the other, but both! That's just the way Midoriya is, a true hero that does not abandon his friends even when he's majorly injured himself.

It was super cool to see Ochaco used her fighting techniques against Toga, which she learned from her internship. But man Toga is seriously one crazy BITCH, but at the same time I really like her cute design. I'm so conflicted...

I was shocked to see Momo really injured but even she didn't want to give up and basically made a tracker and told Awase to use his weld ability to attach it into the villain. I just love how Momo is super smart with her quirk now.

The last scene was so fucking awesome with the godly music. Midoriya's face when they landed, he looks so PISSED off. I'm READY! Also, Twice was hilarious af when he made the love heart.
LucarioDudeMay 12, 2018 5:44 AM
May 12, 2018 5:09 AM

Sep 2015
Honestly, having Tokoyami take out that villain was probably the most competent shounen battle writing I've ever seen.

Also I see Uraraka is getting some competition. She's gonna need to step up her game if she wants to defeat stalker girl.

5/5 would smash again.

xShinigami3125 said:
Also Deku says that with that group they might be able to go up against All might I doubt that's true. I mean Their quirks are all very powerful and dark shadow is fckn op in that situation but they are all rather weak as individuals so all might can just take them all out one after the other and then handle Tokoyami in 1vs1 combat.

I think they were talking defense wise. Obviously, they'd still be decimated by All Might if they were to fight him, but if they were to protect Bakugo against him they could probably stand a chance.
May 12, 2018 5:09 AM
Dec 2012
TBH this gives me vibes from Naruto, when Sasuke got kidnapped by Orochimaru's group.
May 12, 2018 5:11 AM

Nov 2016
What an awesome adaptation so far.

Togas craziness was a treat and I need more of that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 12, 2018 5:11 AM

Feb 2018
Draconix814 said:
Honestly, having Tokoyami take out that villain was probably the most competent shounen battle writing I've ever seen.

Also I see Uraraka is getting some competition. She's gonna need to step up her game if she wants to defeat stalker girl.

5/5 would smash again.

xShinigami3125 said:

I think they were talking defense wise. Obviously, they'd still be decimated by All Might if they were to fight him, but if they were to protect Bakugo against him they could probably stand a chance.

I still doubt that but yea that sounds a little more reasonable
May 12, 2018 5:14 AM

Feb 2014
I'm starting to understand the popularity behind Toga now. She might be a villain and needs to be defeated, but when she told Twice(Deadpool's long lost cousin in my eyes lol) about finding a boy she's interested in, she became irresistibly cute. =)

Still, the fights are still pretty intense, from Tokoyami's shadow steamrolling Moonlight like he's a small twig, to Uraraka's impressive physical takedown of Toga. I won't deny that seeing her, Asui and Momo injured does make me feel sad, but they're doing their best to fight off villains of this strength.

The art and animation is still good for this episode, but it has taken a noticeable drop in quality compared to the last two episodes, so I'm hoping that quality's consistency will be restored for next week.

Plus Ultra! =3
May 12, 2018 5:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Midoriya, one more time, could do it!!!
May 12, 2018 5:17 AM

Apr 2015
Florent3571 said:

I have to agree on this one, the manga has an exceptionnal art and the anime didn''t really do it justice in this episode. Apart from the Deku vs Muscular fight, the manga was better on almost every scenes in this season.

BUT for those who discover the story with the anime I'm sure they're greatly enjoying it.

It can be boiled down to Umakoshi not being there to correct important moments. They really lost a big chunk of what mages the high stake moments so magic to the movie. They're trying to replicate it with the two ADs in place of him but it does not hold up.
May 12, 2018 5:25 AM

Mar 2010
Midorya's injuries look so much more painful in anime, i guess it's the colouring that makes it stand out.

The bloodsucking part, i didn't remember she had some kind of device that sucks blood like this, so they animated that very well too.

Personally i liked this episode. This season is going to be epic, at least plot wise, maybe the animation is not always the perfect but we can't hope for perfection all the time.

AHM said:
TBH this gives me vibes from Naruto, when Sasuke got kidnapped by Orochimaru's group.

I think that's what the author aimed for. :) because you will be surprised of the results
May 12, 2018 5:45 AM

Dec 2011
Again what an awesome episode,bnh really is surprising me, in terms of jump franchises i can now say that it is top tier, not hunter x hunter level ,yet, and i think nothing ever wil bel, but its starting to shape up to be the next one piece i dare say. Can´t really think of a shounen nowadays with this level of writing unless we are talking about seinens, and this is only the beginnnig anime folks, the manga just keeps on improving and improving. Can´t wait for overhaul greatness!!!
May 12, 2018 5:49 AM

May 2015
This episode may have been not that intense like the last two, but it still had its intense moments! Deku's and Momo's quick judgements and Dark Shadow going on a rampage were epic!
The animation didn't really bother me tho.

Def a 5/5!
May 12, 2018 5:53 AM

Sep 2017
Another great episode, and it was good to see some dark shadow. I think the episode ending off a little strangely but Midoriya landing looked sweet of course.
May 12, 2018 6:27 AM

Sep 2012
Good good anime-only side meets with Toga aka best girl.

I wonder if someone can guess her quirk correctly.
May 12, 2018 6:33 AM

Jun 2017
We need more Toga. like right now.
(✿◠‿◠)
May 12, 2018 6:33 AM
Jan 2016
great episode as always, can't wait to see the upcoming fight.

but i wonder what quirk TOGA has, it has to something do with the blood.
probably control the person whom she has sucked already
May 12, 2018 6:42 AM

Jan 2017
Damn, another great episode. Never fails to deliver; I only watch the anime, but I gotta say that Toga is an interesting character -and judging by the comments, it's unanimous in this i.e. the statement.

It was screamingly obvious where this was heading with tokoyami; I thought, whilst watching the previous episode that they'd lure tokoyami towards the enemy. I was right, that's what happened.
tidoesstuffMay 14, 2018 4:23 AM
May 12, 2018 6:44 AM
Sep 2017
this episode was Great and I like how Toga fell in love with Deku its a love from first sight I can see battle between Uraraka and Toga for Deku
xd why it always end with cliffhanger I can't wait another week
MORE TOGA IN THE NEXT EPISODE PLS I think we can see DekuxToga in the future who knows :P
May 12, 2018 6:51 AM

Apr 2016
The scenes with Tokoyami weren't as intense as I remembered in the manga, but it was still a good episode nonetheless.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Song name?

infinite_Shadows - May 27

8 by matthewy2006 »»
May 28, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

124 by Darzaka »»
May 26, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

468 by AndoRando »»
May 16, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

188 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 14, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2018

161 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 14, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.