Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2018 5:44 PM

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I got the impression that Haida confessed to Retsuko, but what happened after that? Did she turn him down because her life's easier without romance or because he's broke, or are they going steady now?

Either way this is some good shit. Netflix please I need more

9/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 20, 2018 7:51 PM

Mar 2012
anime is saved yet again thank you agoddessuko
Apr 20, 2018 11:06 PM

Sep 2014
Anime of the Year! (Only mildly hyperbolic lol)

Overall it was just fun. The dub is good, the animation and comedy was entertaining, and as a metalhead, the bouts of death metal are a joy to my ears. My only real complaint is that due to the story, it starts to lose the hook of "Aggressive Retsuko" towards the end, but they made up for it with her realizing the problem with Resasuke.

Now I'm just spending my time after the show listening to Arch Enemy lol
Apr 21, 2018 6:03 AM
No Drop Hell

Sep 2011
I just marathoned it, and honestly I was surprised how much I loved the show. I actually liked the conclusion of Retsuko/Resasuke (and I'm complete trash so I totally took the Haida bait by the end).

I'd love for them to do more with Retsuko in the future, but for now I'm just happy she's on Netflix.
Apr 22, 2018 1:44 PM

Nov 2011
Arrghh she said to Haida "Kotowarenai" not "Kotaerarenai"................BUT I DONT TRUST MY JAPANESE AND THEY DIDNT SHOW HOW IT WENT aaaaagghhh just want to know whether she and Haida could have a future.... :D
Apr 22, 2018 3:58 PM

Apr 2018
It was a pretty good resolution. I'm happy with it ultimately. I'm afraid if we do get a season 2 (no idea if it's even in the cards), we won't get any real development with Retsuko and Haida.

Still, it was good and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Netflix brings us a season 2
Apr 22, 2018 7:11 PM

Sep 2015
It was fine until the end, I like how they cut of all the metal rage parts, and make the solution to all the problems in her life A D*CK. That's EXACTLY what women at they 25 just need. Learn to stand by herself and confront her problems? No! Just a BIG D*CK and everithing will be alright!

The main appeal of the anime, the metal rage attacks, doesn't even make sense anymore.

It doenst have half of the charm and consistency of the first one and yet managed to get a better score so far.

Anime is not saved, is damned with those "original" netflix.
Apr 23, 2018 6:29 AM

Apr 2015
shiro_kai said:
It was fine until the end, I like how they cut of all the metal rage parts, and make the solution to all the problems in her life A D*CK. That's EXACTLY what women at they 25 just need. Learn to stand by herself and confront her problems? No! Just a BIG D*CK and everithing will be alright!

Umm...did you make it all the way to the end? That was absolutely not the mora of the story.
Apr 23, 2018 6:44 AM

Sep 2015
CatSoul said:
shiro_kai said:

Umm...did you make it all the way to the end? That was absolutely not the mora of the story.

Of course i did, I would have a better opinion if I don't. I saying that because was just after she got a boyfriend and colleague casually confess to her that she was able to enjoy her life and be happy the way she is, even if the problems still there. Also during a part of the anime all she wanted to do was to find a husband so she would not have to work. In the previous one all she had to do to be happy from time to time was sing some metal song, and let everything go away but now she also had to find a few d*cks on that road to things be ok. That's make no sense, so much more they could explore of the adult life aspects but we need to go through the way of the cheap romances.
Apr 23, 2018 7:32 AM

Apr 2015
shiro_kai said:
CatSoul said:

Of course i did, I would have a better opinion if I don't. I saying that because was just after she got a boyfriend and colleague casually confess to her that she was able to enjoy her life and be happy the way she is, even if the problems still there. Also during a part of the anime all she wanted to do was to find a husband so she would not have to work. In the previous one all she had to do to be happy from time to time was sing some metal song, and let everything go away but now she also had to find a few d*cks on that road to things be ok. That's make no sense, so much more they could explore of the adult life aspects but we need to go through the way of the cheap romances.

She made the decision to break up with the space cadet and went back to her death metal ways in the end though. I don't know that she's necessarily happy; rather, she's decided to accept the status quo, as being in love turns her into a different, almost mindless/useless person.
Apr 23, 2018 10:53 PM

Feb 2010
Omg i LOVED this. I absolutely love ristuko. I like her personality and she's just too cute. I'm super sad it was so short. I could watch this all day. I'll probably rewatch it sometime because I feel like I'm going to miss ristuko!
9/10 for me
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Apr 24, 2018 2:04 PM
May 2016
Was great! I want a season two now!
Apr 25, 2018 2:48 PM

Nov 2011
CatSoul said:
shiro_kai said:

She made the decision to break up with the space cadet and went back to her death metal ways in the end though. I don't know that she's necessarily happy; rather, she's decided to accept the status quo, as being in love turns her into a different, almost mindless/useless person.

To get in on this- She THOUGHT all she needed was a man and to get married, but Gory and bird lady did their best to convince her otherwise. She's only 25, she's still figuring life out. I believe the idea is that after her first love she's able to understand herself better and that she DOESN'T need a man. Don't know what happened with her and Haida, but it seemed like, in the scene where he confessed, she had matured a lot. My guess is that she will take her time and think it over instead of jumping into things, something she didn't do before.

And in the case of Haida, he told her before that if they got together he'd want them to both still work and her to pursue a career and NOT just be a housewife, which I thought was fantastic. So if she DOES accept his feelings, it would be knowing that she would still be a career woman. So she'd be doing it because she cares about HAIDA and has self respect, not because she wants the easy way out.

Ya gotta make mistakes in life to figure out where you want to go.
Apr 26, 2018 2:37 AM

Jan 2011
So she was only forcing herself to be happy, but in the end she learnt a valuable lesson.

I didn't know Retsuko with plot would work out so well, but it did. Sad that there's no more Retsuko for the foreseeable future now though.
Apr 26, 2018 7:02 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I want a season 2. I'm selfish and want a romance between her and Haida.

Overall one of the best comedies I've seen in forever. Beyond the relatability just the characters and tone sold me. Great great great.

9/10
Apr 26, 2018 7:53 PM

Mar 2012
Feneko the cynic. Washimi the corporate badass. Protein-sensei the yoga guru. Awesome supporting cast.
Stripes said:
I'm selfish and want a romance between her and Haida.
I think their character arcs would be more interesting if she rejects him, he gradually gets over her, and then they become closer friends. Haida's aight, but he acts a bit like a Nice Guy and he idealizes Retsuko. His arc should involve some maturation and I think that would be harder to pull off if he ends up with Retsuko.
JoshApr 26, 2018 8:15 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 4, 2018 2:28 AM

Jan 2016
Decent ending. My favorite part was how even Director Ton was looking out for Retsuko. The guy isn't so bad after all. I'm a lot more sympathetic to him now that he's ACTUALLY working.

I didn't expect Retsuko to break up with that guy, if only because they had a Mickey and Minnie Mouse thing going on in appearance lol. Good for her though.

Ending it with her landing on her feet was a very nice touch.

Overall decent series, but I still think the first 4 episodes were pointless and could've been condensed into 1-2.

May 5, 2018 5:47 AM

Jan 2015
does anyone have a link for OST? not the death metal, but the usual OST during every episode.
May 6, 2018 9:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Very enjoyable series. Ended on a good note too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 6, 2018 9:28 PM
Jul 2015
Holy shit, did not expect Ton to actually be the one to snap Retsuko out of her ways, even after Gori and Mashimi couldn't. Maybe because of his experience, he's seen, or perhaps experienced it before. He claims he has an issue with women, so maybe he also though having a love life, even if it was an unequal one, would make his work/normal life bearable, only to realize that you can't fake it to solve your problems. Some last minute, awesome development there.

Fuck, give me season 2 plz, this shit was cute, funny, had some good commentary thrown in there, cool characters, Death Metal and heart. 9/10.
May 7, 2018 6:12 AM

Sep 2008
Want to buy Season 2, please.
May 13, 2018 4:36 AM

Apr 2015
9/10

Did not expect to binge watch it, I love the series so much and I am fully invested into seeing a second season.

I didn't expect this series to have better development of characters and romance that most anime miss that aspect or fall flat.

I want more death metal please.
May 13, 2018 11:23 AM
Jan 2018
I really enjoyed the anime, I’m hoping there is more! This anime has made me laugh so many times. I do believe the Retsuko has grown a lot since the first episode. I adore all the characters.
May 15, 2018 3:27 PM
Dec 2017
NEXT SEASON PLZZZZ!!!
May 16, 2018 11:10 AM

Jul 2012
definitely better than the short 1-minute series but still a bit disappointing in the second half. gonna go with a 7/10.

it was fun but felt incomplete overall, like nothing really happened overall. the romance was kind of cringe. wanted resasuke to have more of a personality but ah, it is what it is.
May 18, 2018 6:25 AM
Feb 2016
Please I want to know what happened with Haida and retsuko. I hope they got together
clown president general plue
May 26, 2018 8:49 PM
May 2018
Where's my girl who does accounting? I won't even mind if she barfs.

PS. I do not work in Sales.
May 27, 2018 7:02 PM

Jun 2010
If you enjoyed the Japanese office aspect of this series, you might also like Hataraki Man. No cute cartoon animals and more of a drama than a comedy, but it has the theme of office work in common.

I think I'm missing something in the karaoke scene. Reasuke's reaction seems to finally break Retsuko out of her delusion, but what was it about this reaction that did so?
Nov 7, 2018 4:45 AM

May 2016
Retsuko's living the lie of being satisfied with her relationship at the cost of her work performance while Haida lived with the reality of his romantic situation and ended up getting pneumonia after sleeping in the rain in a heartbroken and drunken episode. I'm glad that he finally has his chance with Retsuko but he knows that she needs some time before wanting to get into a relationship again.

She was pretending to be happy despite being super bored and in pain as she "dates" with Resatsuke and it seems that Director Ton had noticed that and gave her just the talk she needed and hinted her on how she should just be honest with herself while acknowledging that she doesn't have the need to listen to her shitty boss. And that talk turned out great because she finally got her work ethic back and focused on her priorities in overdrive along with the others to meet the deadline just in time.

She then revealed her true self to the Out-of-Pocket Prince and after seeing that he had no reaction at all other than the "meh" barely-accomodating response he always gives which shows that he really doesn't give a shit about her, she finally fell out of love with him. If the only reason you hooked up with someone is because you're drunk and desperate, it'll most likely not last long at all. Nights with Washimi and Gori's enough for her anyway~

This was a very good short series that's very relatable and funny to me despite not having worked anywhere yet. Can't wait for season two ♡

Jan 21, 2019 11:34 AM

Jun 2015
fully enjoyable at an 8/10, season 2 where you at
Jan 24, 2019 8:24 PM

Dec 2016
Good ending, I'll take it
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 18, 2019 10:16 PM

Jul 2016
I don't think Haida wants to get involved heh.

He's going to be on the receiving end of that rage if he does :)
Mar 29, 2019 11:48 AM

Mar 2013
Ton has some wisdom after all. I do sympathise a bit with Resasuke, but he just wasn't right for Retsuko.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Apr 29, 2019 7:05 PM

Dec 2014
I am so gonna miss this... retsuko should be more happy and haida can handle her
May 21, 2019 12:03 PM
Jan 2017
I loved this anime 10/10
the ending was perfect and accurately portrayed real life. Aggretsuko didnt really seem right to be w/ that dull guy and I dont know if Haida would be a better fit either But I'm sure she'll find love somewhere

can't wait for season 2^^
Aug 22, 2019 8:20 PM

Oct 2015
I actually am a bit sad that Retsuko broke up Resasuke, I didn't see anything wrong with their relationship. It was almost like the show encouraged against office romance or something. Yah her work suffered and physical self, but talking should've fixed that thing- she should've laid her feelings to him instead and that Would've made her feel better. But at least Haida has a chance, because he's been eyeing her for so long, I hope it will be tangible someday. Glad she's back to her usual self, here's to season 2.

8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 20, 2020 5:05 PM

Sep 2018
Ouch 😞 a short lived happiness. Maybe Haida is the best option. Resasuke is hopeless afterall.

Aww! Director Tom is so nice now ❤️

Good story, I relate some of it and I feel the frustration of Retsuko but it feels lesser now, he's boss is nice sometimes and her workmates is nice too, some are annoying but tolerable :) 8/10
Mar 4, 2020 9:24 AM

May 2012
Sure was fun to see Retsuko again in various different situations, especially the in love part was pretty fun to see and up to the end!

Looking forward for the second season!
Jun 21, 2020 4:22 AM

Jul 2016
I'm glad Haida worked up the courage to ask her out. Resasuke was just a boring guy, and Retsuko and him definitely wouldn't work out in the long run.
Jun 29, 2020 4:02 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I am really sad that this did not work out, they could have been so cute. But they were too different and he did not seem really interested.
Let's see how this is going from now on.

Jul 22, 2020 1:35 AM

Mar 2010
I like the hyena but he probably got friendzoned.
Aug 1, 2020 3:01 PM

Jun 2020
The ending is a bit confusing, but I think Retsuko has already finished with Resasuke. I hope Haida confesses her feelings soon.
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Oct 9, 2020 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
I've been playing the anime game Aggretsuko for 20 days and I didn't really think I'd get as hooked as the anime.

I was surprised.
Jan 2, 2022 8:17 AM

Feb 2020
I think the short series was much better than this.
Sep 26, 2022 6:03 AM
Jun 2021
It has power! Great series
Jan 1, 2023 12:25 PM
Oct 2020
A nice satisfying ending. I knew the power of death metal was too strong to stay hidden for long. Definitely on board for next season.
Feb 3, 2023 4:27 PM

Dec 2009
I'll try to come back to rewrite this with a full breakdown, but

After watching this for the fourth time now,
even though some plots are somewhat dislikeable,

what I love about the tv series is how realistic and complex it is to struggling daily life from the characters and how happiness and sadness interact from whatever issues or support.

I still dislike Ryunosuke's arc, but throughout this whole series, from every plot, they all serve their purpose of being a manner that challenges and evolves Retsuko and the others. It's great.

The best is the hysterical outbursts of rage in death metal though. That's always entertaining and is what holds the show at its core in a way in the manner of unique comedy, while being an intriguing journey of Retsuko.

Maybe it deserves a 7/10 because of how a few plots are a little boring, but I'm leaving it at 8/10 for how great, funny and unique it is overall.
Feb 5, 2023 1:30 PM
Apr 2020
I love the comedy, and how it interchanges with life lessons. it feels like a fairytale morally made for young adults. I enjoyed it
Apr 27, 2023 12:31 PM
Jul 2022
great for you if you work as a office, have a short temper and want to release the pain with resuko :'D
Aug 5, 2023 6:21 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wtf Ton Buchou working hard like a horse? And giving a free-to-work pass on Retsuko? But Retsuko wanna working hard too because spacing her out was bad? WTF?! They out of their minds!

Resasuke isn't bad at all. He's just so fuckin bland and too spacing-out, not good to take care of hyperactive girl like Retsuko who love a damn death metal song. But maybe Retsuko didn't really knows him well especially since his hobby turned out to be the most relaxing one, or boring your call, with all the plants. Oh well, wish them good luck with the broken up, and Retsuko needs to revise the marriage thingy for real. Because its looks no good at all recently at the first part of second season. Oh well!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) Episode 1 Discussion

wolfwing - Apr 20, 2018

44 by StateofOhayo »»
May 1, 7:41 PM

» Official Mobile Game!

SobbleBoy27 - Jan 6

0 by SobbleBoy27 »»
Jan 6, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) Episode 9 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Apr 26, 2018

14 by badabass »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:36 PM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) Episode 8 Discussion

CatSoul - Apr 20, 2018

23 by badabass »»
Aug 5, 2023 10:08 AM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) Episode 7 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Apr 25, 2018

16 by badabass »»
Aug 5, 2023 9:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.