Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2008 2:23 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
yay she comes back from the dead!! but is she a spirit or is it actually real? and he has his eyes back and working also everyone is grown up wonder how many years have gone by.?
Mar 21, 2008 5:41 PM

Feb 2008
The game is better than the anime......
Mar 21, 2008 5:48 PM

Aug 2007
wawawawawawawa wait a click! This is based on a (h-)game? *goes lower the score even more*
Mar 21, 2008 9:46 PM

Jan 2008
alert105 said:
yay she comes back from the dead!! but is she a spirit or is it actually real? and he has his eyes back and working also everyone is grown up wonder how many years have gone by.?

i had those questions too :/
hirose is sounding a little too girlish though maybe ami koshimizu tried to voice like a child, kohinata got rush over by the train (btw, how is she going to save the child if all she did was stand there hugging him and let the train go through both of them), though i'm glad that hirose's mom didn't suicide. also i still don't understand why hinata/hotaru's grandfather wanted her to be with hirose so much.
anyway, chibi-otoha is just so cute, the insert and ending song are really awesome. what's more important is that , YAY, HAYAMI CAME BACK! :D

maybe i'm crazy, but i liked this final episode. 5/5

Mar 22, 2008 5:57 PM

Nov 2007
id said:

maybe i'm crazy, but i liked this final episode. 5/5

Same here. Hotaru's grandfather got prison. Some unexpected events in this episode, especially when Hayami got hit by the train. And the epilogue was awesome.

It started out not that great, but IMO it got progressively better around the end. 8/10
\
Mar 22, 2008 6:54 PM
Feb 2008
it was a great episode but can't wait for a subbed one so i can complety finish this
Mar 22, 2008 7:14 PM
Sep 2007
@alert105, it is subbed already.

overall it was pretty crazy. yeah, without a doubt this show has some flaws, but still it was quite enjoyable for me. at least many things were quite unpredictable. ^^ 7/10.

EDIT:
Static said:
wawawawawawawa wait a click! This is based on a (h-)game? *goes lower the score even more*

so what if this show is based on an eroge? we're talking about anime here, its roots don't matter. imo lowering score just because of that is ignorant.
freedo-Mar 22, 2008 7:34 PM
Mar 22, 2008 7:36 PM

Jul 2007
I didn't hate this particular episode.. but the whole series didn't make any sense, jumps and holes of the story everywhere.. almost as bad as in Rosario & Vampire.. and this is not an ecchi comedy, at least it wasn't last time I checked.
Sure, there were some scenes throughout the series that were nice and/or funny and/or well done.. but the whole picture was just uber screwed up - not (only) the story, but (mainly) the execution of it. I'm giving this a 4/10 because I liked the OP/ED and it was kinda promising at times.
Mar 22, 2008 7:41 PM

Jun 2007
Whats wit this ending???Hayami get banged by train and still alive??and hirose get to live happily ever after???giving it a 7/10 for occupied my free time and effort for m33w......
Mar 22, 2008 7:44 PM

Jan 2008
She died but came back alive anyway?
Everything before 15 minutes was really bad, but the things after it were pretty good. Still, overall this was not a worthwhile anime, I give it a 5/10.
Mar 22, 2008 7:59 PM

Aug 2007
Im gonna go ahead and say I loved this ending, and the show overall. 9/10 for a slow start but excellent, excellent finish. This show gets too much hate. I think its actually really good.
Mar 22, 2008 8:06 PM

Dec 2007
This was probably the best ending this series could have had. It resolved everything nicely, and even found a way to work in a happy ending that was fitting for the show. Good endings are hard to do, so this actually boosted my overall rating of the show to a 7.

The earlier episodes had a lot of flaws, but they really pulled off the ending.
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい
Mar 22, 2008 8:08 PM
Feb 2008
hinata/hotaru in the end didn't die because she lept on the second track and the kid that was there was just a memory forgetten that hirose's mom tried to save so everything should be cleared up now ^^
Mar 22, 2008 8:13 PM

Dec 2007
alert105 said:
hinata/hotaru in the end didn't die because she lept on the second track and the kid that was there was just a memory forgetten that hirose's mom tried to save so everything should be cleared up now ^^

I'm not totally sure I agree with this interpretation. That may have been the end result after Otoha changed some things, but I think they pretty explicitly used the past-tense to refer to Hayami (BTW, Hotaru is the blond one...) rather than just saying that she loves windmills. He also wouldn't have been shocked when she showed up on the hill...
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい
Mar 22, 2008 8:34 PM

Aug 2007
I really have no idea what to say. On one hand I'm happy that it's finally over on the other I'm sad that they rushed through the episode too much. Also I didn't really care for the ending.

It seems weird that the title is named H20- Footprints in the sand yet it had nothing to do with H20, footprints, sad, or any metaphors that fit it (time maybe because the title came from a poem which had the line "In the footprints of the sands of time, so it means that someone wanted to leave a lasting impression during their time/stay)

All in all I would have to say that it was ok.
Mar 22, 2008 8:57 PM

Sep 2007
That was one of the best endings to an anime series that I have ever seen.

Mar 22, 2008 9:03 PM
Dec 2007
I found that ending to be very satisfying. I'm glad because I didn't like where the story was going with the last two episodes.
Mar 22, 2008 9:15 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't understand this serie at all. They make it seem that Hirose can finally see, then they twist the plot almost at the end saying that, in reality, he was just imaging it.

Then Hayami helps him out to recover, leaves the little town and goes to the big city with him... to get killed by a train in the same way Hirose's mother got killed? I mean, right as he's able to see she gets killed... wouldn't that give a bigger trauma? How can someone kill a main character like that?! Not like she wasn't important or that the character barely participated...

At the end Hayami had a rather painful plot in the story, even tho he met Hirose... she was the only one that died?! Couldn't have a happier ending? And the ghost thing at the end was terrible...

I'm gonna lower the score on this series (—.—)
Mar 22, 2008 9:30 PM

Dec 2007
Bad ending is bad.

Well I mean, the story ended nicely just because you find out what happens in a few years, but everything in that whole episode was a WTF.

Hayami getting hit by that train was pretty WTF, wasn't expecting that at all. But what was even more WTF was Otoha making her come back at the very end. I would've accepted her staying dead and Otoha making a cameo appearance. That would've been pretty cute, but she had to bring Hayami back and raise the WTF level.

4/10 for me just because the overall series was pretty bad, with some good, funny, heartwarming scenes thrown in.
Mar 22, 2008 9:40 PM

Nov 2007
yeah this anime had alot of wtf when it shouldn't have been in this kind of anime. im sorta pissed that otoha brought her back from the dead. i mean how the hell do you even explain that to everyone. i've been dead for a couple of years but now im back.

The only thing that really had me going was that Hirose gained his vision back by having to watch Hayami die. It was a bitter/sweet moment. Then they took it away by brining her back in a non-logical way.
Mar 22, 2008 9:50 PM
Jan 2008
i don't know about you people but i think the ending was well made.
Mar 22, 2008 9:58 PM

Nov 2007
To the people wondering if she is brought back alive or as a spirit, Otoha says all you need to hear to understand that Hayami is Alive.

Otoha says something like "it wasn't easy to get the spirit counsel to aprove this", then she stands up and tells Takuma "Take better care of her this time" (or something like that I can't remember the exact wording).

If she wasn't alive Takuma wouldn't have to take care of her.

The only thing I found confusing in the finale was why the hell Hayami just stood infront of the train and let herself get hit. She could of easily move forward a few feet and recieved the same results. But instead she just turns and smiles and lets the train hit her. Nothing like curing a case of severe psychological wounds and then dealing an even greater one lol.
Mar 22, 2008 10:01 PM

May 2007
I liked the ending. I think this ending is what they must've meant in the promo when they said "H2O Rocks your soul!". I was going to rate this a 7, but the ending bumped it up to an 8.
Mar 22, 2008 10:11 PM

Jul 2007
Hayami getting hit the train... wtf, I hope the story editors are run over by a train someday :p

ah well, at least she's back, so happy ending.
Mar 22, 2008 10:17 PM

Jan 2008
ok, maybe we do need an OVA or season 2, everyone is having questions including me :/

anyway, overall 7/10 for me, partly cause zexcs is a great studio, op/ed & insert especially those in the last episode was really awesome, also i liked epi 08 alot, the episode i dont' like is that boring sea trip something, yeah i'm crazy
Mar 22, 2008 11:29 PM

Oct 2007
Eh well I'm a sucker for these types of anime, and well a generous person on the scoring, so I say an 8. Having Hayami all of a sudden tell a possible mentally unstable kid like that about his mother/past and the facts outside on the street near train tracks kind of...annoyed me. But even worse was the fact she catches up to the kid and then stands there to smile...maybe she didn't realise the train was coming, and was watching so he didn't get electrocuted by the tracks? Anyway was a 7, but after they let her come back and live again it was a bit better. BTW I had no clue who that baby's father was...seems like something one should know but...

I felt it was a pretty straight forward series...or at least I understood it. Just that damn baby near the end...
Mar 23, 2008 12:01 AM

Jul 2007
Darkreaper70 said:
I really have no idea what to say. On one hand I'm happy that it's finally over on the other I'm sad that they rushed through the episode too much. Also I didn't really care for the ending.

It seems weird that the title is named H20- Footprints in the sand yet it had nothing to do with H20, footprints, sad, or any metaphors that fit it (time maybe because the title came from a poem which had the line "In the footprints of the sands of time, so it means that someone wanted to leave a lasting impression during their time/stay)

All in all I would have to say that it was ok.

if im not mistaken h2o refers to hayami, hotaru and otoha right? because in the beginning he had to "choose" between them? :P or was that just a joke like the h-something hentai ojisama?

and yeah they pretty much used the poem in the beginning and end of the anime so im pretty sure thats what they were referring.

i also agree with most people that think that that was a WTF ending. they already set your mind up that the show was pretty "realistic"(besides otoha) that hirose could "see" because he was just happy or something and that he fell blind "again" because of his depression about his mother..but then they end this with a revived hayami :|

that's just pretty weird. in fact it has been a pretty weird ride from the start and i really don't know what i think of all these. an ova with explanations would pretty much boost my rating for this show but for now, ill have to settle with an 8 :P

Mar 23, 2008 1:11 AM
Jun 2007
Ummm......ehh....... can someone say random.

Seriously, it was nice how everyone ended up happy but the was truely one of the most random endings I've seen in awhile. Too have Hayami die like that was WHOA but to have her come back to life in the last 1 min of the final episode was just too..........

Its sad cause this series showed some real promise earlier on. It certainly wins the prize for most random episode of the season.
Mar 23, 2008 1:56 AM

Feb 2008
Really enjoyed this last episode. The only thing I desliked was that Hayami was revived (imo, it would have been better if she stayed dead).

Overall, I enjoyed this anime. Going to give it an 8/10 (I was going to give a 7.5, but since we don't that, I have to give it an 8 =P).
Mar 23, 2008 1:59 AM

Aug 2007
Shadow_Strider said:
The only thing I found confusing in the finale was why the hell Hayami just stood infront of the train and let herself get hit. She could of easily move forward a few feet and recieved the same results. But instead she just turns and smiles and lets the train hit her. Nothing like curing a case of severe psychological wounds and then dealing an even greater one lol.

I hear you there but hey I can't blame them for it.

It surely was an unexpected ending
Mar 23, 2008 2:26 AM

Mar 2007
Wow. That was one of the worst endings I've seen in a long time. First Hayami's random death, and she didn't even seem to manage to rescue that kid, and then she comes back? You really let me down H2O, so I'm giving you a 6/10.
Mar 23, 2008 2:50 AM

Jan 2008
Mar 23, 2008 4:59 AM

Dec 2007
I couldn't care less about Takuma and Hayami.

But that Maki girl.. she and the TRAP had a baby... that was really funny and the only nice thing i saw in this ep. :D

P.S. Grown-up Takuma is nice too.
pheiMar 23, 2008 5:07 AM
the fact that no one understands you does not make you an artist
Mar 23, 2008 5:43 AM

Jun 2007
Well at least I can agree with the unexpected factor of this show.
You really never know what ridiculous shit will happen next.

And some people know how much I hate shows with an happy-happy end where characters come back to live in an stupid and unrealistic manner. (e.g. Kanon)
The way they made the ending was good, but with a rotten story for it there was not much to rescue anymore.
And yes the way she stood there holding that child with the ball was stupid as hell. If she was jumping in front of the train while trowing the child away from the train that would have be quite realistic but this way it was just stupid. She was quite cool and determined at that moment so it would have been easy just to rescue the kid from the train. (best while wearing a superman costume to fit the rest of the show best)

Probably still a 6 for me since it had some good parts too and I loved that idea with the wheel/windmill.

Mar 23, 2008 5:45 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was so weird and so not-good. Seeing the first third of the episode, I thought it might be the only good episode but I was prooven wrong. It probably deserves a 5 but I'll keep my score of 6.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 23, 2008 6:33 AM

Feb 2007
That was the weirdest end ever, but for some reason it also made me not lower the score.
Mar 23, 2008 6:51 AM
Aug 2007
I liked it, up until the end where they brought Hayami back. I mean, wtf? I could overlook the stupid death scene, but bringing her back was too much. I'd increased the score to a 6 after the recent few episodes, but now I reduce it to a 5 again.
Mar 23, 2008 6:52 AM

Aug 2007
Wierd ending... Im keeping my 6 although i kinda enjoyed the ending. Still it was confusing and many questions have risen up from it.

PS: I just said the thing of lowering my score as a joke :p
Mar 23, 2008 7:12 AM

Sep 2007
I would think that seeing something like that again would make things worse though?

Also, if she really come back from the dead, I imagine something like, "SHE CAME BACK TO DESTROY THE VILLAGE!!!" would happen.
J-970Mar 23, 2008 7:24 AM
Mar 23, 2008 7:21 AM

Jan 2008
Shadow_Strider said:
To the people wondering if she is brought back alive or as a spirit, Otoha says all you need to hear to understand that Hayami is Alive.

Otoha says something like "it wasn't easy to get the spirit counsel to aprove this", then she stands up and tells Takuma "Take better care of her this time" (or something like that I can't remember the exact wording).

If she wasn't alive Takuma wouldn't have to take care of her.

That doesn't make sense. It's the same thing that happened when they make it seem that he recovered his sight and everyone was normal. I mean, if she did came back alive at the end of the story, how could you explain that to the rest of the characters? Otoha was OK because she's some sort of ghost that nobody else can see, but if Hayami came back... there's no background for such thing.

Still, I keep saying, why would they have to kill her? After she finally found some happiness BANG gotta kill her because she was bad.

As for the train, for some reason I thought she was standing on the other side when it passed by, then got totally confused on the screens later and I was like WTF don't tell me they killed her.

No clue if this has been said before, but that little baby who's stupposed to be? Don't tell me it was from Hayami's friend... how could he recover that fast!?!?

And also they never mentioned how long it passed from when they graduated until they were "adults".

By the way, I did lower the score after watching the ending.. hahaha.
Mar 23, 2008 7:23 AM

Sep 2007
I liked it. I'm glad that Otoha helped bring back Hayami. The anime is not nearly as bad as what people say IMO.

Who is the baby's father?

7/10
Mar 23, 2008 7:33 AM

Oct 2007
r0derix said:
Im gonna go ahead and say I loved this ending, and the show overall. 9/10 for a slow start but excellent, excellent finish. This show gets too much hate. I think its actually really good.

I'll give it a 8/10, i agree with the slow start, but the ending was amazing!!!
Too bad Hirose x Hayami will not happen, it looked like a temporary visit, although we dont get any other info on it!!!
I actually liked it!!! Chibi Otoha is WIN!! :P

Hayami smile before she gets hit by train is shocking, i like the meaning behind it, but it made my heart skip a beat!!!

SamuraiTom said:
Who is the baby's father?

At least we got a pairing!!! :P Maki x Hamaji!!! :P Its their kid :P

P.S. In case you dont remember, Hamaji is a guy!!!
Mar 23, 2008 7:48 AM
Sep 2007
random anime is random
contrary to most i didn't find the end particularly good. it was a nice try, but very badly executed, and the plot hasn't holes, the holes have a little bit of plot.
i mean, the whole standing and waiting to be hit by the train, sudden resurrection, random timejump. what the?
i'm not sure if i should give it a 6 or be generous and say 7 for the nice moments it had, but more points won't happen
Mar 23, 2008 7:57 AM

Jun 2007
Pffft. What an end >.> If it had been at least a half decent anime, I would have found the end less crappier.

Overall, I rated the whole series 5/10.
Mar 23, 2008 8:32 AM

Feb 2008
I have to say that the ending of this series was nothing more than just pure genius. I have to admit that the first 10-15 min were boring, but the last 10 min where like OMFG. It completly threw me off, and I have to say that I was in somewhat of a shock state there. I have never seen a plot twist this big in the last 10 min of any anime. Over all I give this series an 8/10.
Mar 23, 2008 8:40 AM

Oct 2007
This series ending was so retarded. =P

This we have Takuma's mental breakdown and acting like an annoying little kid, for most of the episode. Then characters dying and coming back from the dead like it was nothing. I wouldn't mind if it was Jesus however it was Hayami. Finally we have Maki making babies with that transvestite.

I am so glad it is over. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2008 8:43 AM

Jan 2008
Friendlysoul said:
Chibi Otoha is WIN!! :P

yes! :D
Mar 23, 2008 8:50 AM

Sep 2007
quite nice ending, i really didn't think that she'll be back thanks to otoha :P
overall i give it a 5 :D really love the ending :D

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Mar 23, 2008 9:36 AM
Sep 2007
Static said:
PS: I just said the thing of lowering my score as a joke :p

my apologies then, it seems I didn't get this joke. ^^
Mar 23, 2008 10:17 AM
Oct 2007
I'll end with a 7. Not a bad ending just slightly random. This anime was never strong, felt rushed at some parts, but it always got its message across. Even if it was a small smile it still made you smile. Only thing that bugs me is who is the person that called to Otoha?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Phrosh - Jan 25, 2008

77 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 3, 2008

78 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:03 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Mar 15, 2008

99 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:21 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

chibuki - Mar 8, 2008

58 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 4:37 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KY791 - Feb 28, 2008

60 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.