Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 28, 2018 2:07 PM

Mar 2014
This was complete trash and a waste of time. I don't how you make a Fate anime worse than Apocrypha, but Shaft somehow did it.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 6, 2018 11:10 AM

Mar 2010
Well... as a person who finished the game several times... this was... how to put it nicely... very underwhelming and disappointing.

I really don't know why this is called Fate/Extra when the only thing this has in common with Extra are character designs. Setting has the same "name" but as far as I'm concerned has very little to nothing to do with the setting of the game.

This is like adapting Harry Potter and turning it into SAO plot with magic. Harry, Ron and Hermione must survive all 100 floors of Aincrad and escape from a game world which is controlled by Voldemort who escaped there to become immortal.

Nero was much classier in game although I like both iterations. Rin is cooler here. The MC is boring AF. And everyone keeps throwing around semi-philosophical shit which doesn't even make sense most of the time. While I find Hakuno's story actually interesting it feels like they did literally nothing with it and are just using it to make him capable of fighting.

Sad. I was looking forward to this so much. 6/10
May 6, 2018 1:58 PM

Jun 2013
Well I am not a fan of the games nor the franchise so I couldn't care less about it being properly adapted. I just like watching the action that is prevalent in these redundant fate animes which I felt was somewhat missing in this one. In addition, the story was also quite confusing at first but was understandable later on to some extent. The art style is also unique but not exactly my thing.

However, what it lacked in action made up it characters. The mysterious MC was okay but still better then Shirou. Personally I liked this Saber the most considering how cool she is. The rest of them were alright I guess.

Since this one is getting a sequel so I just hope it has more episodes, less talking and more action. 6/10
May 8, 2018 11:15 PM

Jan 2012
so Rin is a century years old and Umu is 3 centuries years old... then there should be no problem to lewd them!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 5, 2018 10:42 AM
May 2017
This anime was a real disappointment for me. The action scenes were horrible. The story was very poorly crafted. The characters were poorly developed.
Should I sympathize with Rani's "second" death?
Between Madoka style animations and Monogatari style dialogues, we find that Shaft is ready to produce more Madoka and Monogatari. But it's definitely far from being ready to produce more Fate.
Jan 14, 2019 7:08 AM
Jan 2017
Shaft style , too much dialog and less of action.. making me almost sleep,
Jun 17, 2019 7:16 PM

Aug 2014
As a Fate show, this wasn't good at all, but it's not the worst Shaft show either. Mekakucity Actors still holds the crown. Like UBW, Rin and Saber carry show, but they broke their backs with this one.
Jun 21, 2019 12:11 AM

Dec 2018
Lol, Hakuno transformed into Dead Face when all he's doing is just choosing, talk about show off.

And they left us at a cliffhanger just before the they reached the final floor.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 30, 2019 7:55 AM
May 2016
Can't judge until the final 3 but up until now I really liked it, a bit confusing, but that just leads to rewatching it and is more fun than having everything spelled out for you. Also Saber is the cutest thing ever.
Feb 2, 2020 11:35 AM

Apr 2013
So in the end it made surprisingly a lot of sense tbh. Rin would use him but would also need to help him to get to the sixth stratum, for her own reasons. Pretty good ending for the first season.

Of course it's not really an ending, but that' what the OVAs will be for I guess. I liked the art and animation, very Shaft-like which I already enjoyed in Monogatari. But the story was a bit boring, with basically only Saber and Hinako being there every episode. And though Red Saber is probably best Saber, it got a bit stale. 6/10
May 31, 2020 8:30 AM
Nov 2017
This series was even better than Fate/Apocrypha. I've probably never seen such an intriguing, philosophical and thought-provoking masterpiece like this. Straight 10/10 for me.
Mar 25, 2021 8:08 AM
Apr 2020
Hmm I don't know what to say about this adaptation.. Is it bad? Is it good? I dunno, probably a bit bad. Most of the time I get pretty sleepy because of really excessive dialogues. 7/10 for this.
May 27, 2021 2:41 PM

Jan 2009
so the Noble Phantasm of Nero aka Saber when activated makes all luck become on her side eh lol what an overpowered reality marble that is

the philosophy of continuing to live and finding purpose in life is strong in this show huh

Hakuno is a nihilist or doomer
while Nero is a existentialist or bloomer
nice combo

gonna watch the remaining 3 episodes later
Jan 26, 2022 6:34 AM

Aug 2020
Good ending. Actually I'm looking forward for the next three episodes. The visuals are really amazing and stunning until the end. Sasuga Shaft~

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 17, 2023 11:42 PM

Sep 2018
Actually ended up being not too bad, a far better 2nd half of the show with the pieces coming together at the end. By far the most boring Fate show I've ever seen though. 6/10. 
Mar 17, 2023 1:18 AM

Sep 2016
This was so awful, it took me 5 years to finally finish. Seriously, the original game was no masterpiece, it had it's problem too storywise, but I liked it because out of all type-moon works it was the most simple and straightforward story. This is the exact opposite of that, this is one of the most pretentious and incoherent mess I've ever seen.... Now, to wait 5 more years to finish part 2 of this.
Dec 1, 2023 7:08 PM

Nov 2023
Well this anime was really fun, so many horrors and stuff like that
Dec 12, 2023 9:01 AM
Jul 2023
Surprisingly, I didn’t mind this episode. It was quite interesting.
- so this whole situation was because the grail couldn’t choose a winner? Interesting.
- I wonder why the choice to let Rin live was so obvious to Hakuno? Was it just because he knew her better?
- Pretty animation when Rani died. RIP
Apr 14, 9:26 PM

Mar 2013
TBH, I actually prefer Rani VIII's character as the best waifu... Choosing Tohsaka is too cliché.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 23, 12:55 PM
Jun 2023
ci sta dai asoudasoidasoiuisoda
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

60 by Apreggi »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.