Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
May 3, 2021 8:25 AM
Apr 2016
As an adult male, I could tell it was a good anime with a good realization but it felt quite boring
May 12, 2021 7:44 AM

Apr 2018
A really wonderful serie. I'm glad that they saw the Aurora. It's time to say goodbye to each other but they will always be together. An amazing group of friends.
10/10.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 20, 2021 2:30 AM

Feb 2020
Easily the best original anime ever. Excellent story, character chemistry, animation and everything else.

10/10.
May 20, 2021 6:55 AM

Dec 2008
My 2nd watch of the show and I still find it amazing. So difficult to find fault and every reason to love the show. If ever an anime deserves an OVA or a S2 this was it! 10/10 well deserved, and multiple watches just will serve to remind that sometimes anime can really be amazing.
May the Uguu be with you.

May 22, 2021 7:48 AM

Jan 2011
It's also my dream to go to Antarctica..then I would have sat foot on all seven cotinents of the world, and sailed on six of the seven seas. The Arctic ocean will the last one. This show inspires me to go for it..
10/10
Jun 5, 2021 3:27 AM
Oct 2019
Very enjoyable, emotional show. The girls are very lovable and the heart of the show. It’s always fun with them around
Jun 8, 2021 5:37 AM

Jun 2020
Beautiful.

Because....people who feel the same way will notice.

Thank you for this beautiful & truly moving story. It reminded me of a lot of things dear to me & things I’ve missed out on, and inspired me to be a little more brave. From the bottom of my heart thank u!!!!!!!!!

We’ll go on another journey someday. Best wishes for your life’s journey

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 16, 2021 6:52 PM

Jun 2019
My 39th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Aug 24, 2021 3:09 PM

Mar 2021
Last episode.
Shirase is certainly adept at mahjong and gambling stuffs, I guess it's in the blood.
It's always in the last episode they get a short haircut.

"A place further than the universe"

An anime that seizes the desires in our life to do something extraordinary and adventurous things and finding the certain groups of friends to make the most out of their youth and explore what lies beyond the reaches of the universe and overcoming the fear of the unknown and the anxieties that are left in the past. This show just excels in what it is trying to convey regarding adventure, friendships, discovering yourself, growing up and most importantly, overtaking all the difficulties to achieve ones goal. Just after they set foot on Antarctica was Breathtaking, Joyous, Heartrending, awe-inspiring, silly and heartbreaking all in one compiled as a masterpiece.

Overall, This was a great Anime. Madhouse is back at it again the Animation, the music, the Art style and everything was just outstanding. madhouse never ceases to amaze us.
-9/10 Nakamura_Shishou
Sep 9, 2021 11:14 AM

Aug 2021
Arigato Madhouse !

I really cried...

Sep 23, 2021 7:41 AM

Apr 2020
Oh my god ...
I do not know what to say!
I had not been so impressed for a long time!
10/10 Just amazing!
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Sep 30, 2021 12:00 PM
Feb 2021
this shit is a masterpiece
Oct 27, 2021 1:07 AM

Nov 2013
Feel happy and jealous to Megu at the end.
This is a series that make you want to change your life and leave your comfort zone.
Arrghhhh I hope I can take action like them.
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Oct 29, 2021 5:22 PM

Jan 2016
I am glad the mom was not somehow alive. That would add to the unrealisticness of this anime. The message was a good one, but this anime was definitely not a tearjerker for me. The anime was basically telling you that nothing is impossible, you should get out of your comfort zone, and you may even find people with the same goals as you. It was a fun ride. Hinata best girl. I am glad Shirase cheered up cuz she was a little annoying at the start. I get she lost her mom but she got on my nerves at times. Still can't get over the fact that people consider it realistic to go from being scared to go on a train to suddenly want to go to a whole 'nother continent. And that this is how teenagers act.

7/10
Nov 29, 2021 12:13 AM

Mar 2018
Overall, I can say I enjoyed this show, despite the Antarctic arc being subpar, 1-9 were great with 12 being amazing emotionally. I'm having a really hard time seeing a 9, let alone a 10 for this though.

8/10
Jan 6, 2022 12:42 AM

Sep 2020
A very good finale,them looking at the aurora lying down was do good lul and kobuchizawa looks cute in that smol hair
My top 3 chars 1-kobuchizawa 2-miyake hinata 3-tamaki Mari
Jan 22, 2022 10:36 AM

Jun 2019
I just wanna say... this is the first show in months (probably since Tensura) that it hooked me so hard since the first chapter... and having such a great time watching it, around ep7 a sadness started to invade me, bc I "suspected" how the show would end but I didn't want the great adventure comes to a end.

A solid 9.5/10, and probably it made my all time top 10.
KarlmeisterJan 22, 2022 11:03 AM

Jan 25, 2022 12:52 AM
Dec 2019
Very good show, but I feel it could have spent a lot more time in the arctic itself. I think Hanasaku Iroha did the concept of a temp new environment better mixing in drama with a slice of life and exploring literally every single cast member. I thought they were going for that with the whole conflict with the lovestruck guy but that ended up nowhere. Everything necessary to make the show good was there, but basically seeming like a cliff notes of a show stops it from breaking into a great category. Nevertheless, I loved it
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Feb 9, 2022 5:08 PM
Sep 2020
This series is very extraordinary, the friendship of girls who have different characteristics and backgrounds but have the same goal, which is to go to Antarctica.Of course the problems they face are many and there are also many disagreements between the girls
The music and art are also extraordinary which can spoil the eyes of the audience.I suggest you to watch this series if you like series with the theme of travel and friendship
Feb 19, 2022 9:01 AM

May 2020
amazing episode
this anime was really good and has become one of my favs
definitely a 10/10

I really want to go to Antarctica now

Feb 27, 2022 2:51 PM

Apr 2020
Amazing animation, music and art direction with very few nitpicks here and there 8/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Feb 28, 2022 12:16 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty good show. I think this is the first realistic travel adventure anime I have seen. Some episodes could have been better but the overall plot was well written. 8/10.
Feb 28, 2022 4:39 PM

Feb 2012
Late comer and I don't really do anime criticisms these days. However I do concur with the drama critics, it really makes or breaks the show. There's way too many moments when I don't really get why the characters act the way the do and the show just goes "I don't get my own feelings" or "I'm afraid our jouney will be over once it ends" or "Frienship isn't something you can explain with words" and then resolves this non-issue by a crying scene/shouting nonsense while uplifting song plays at the background. Many anime do this to some extent, but I think it lost novelty here fast.

Still it's not a terrible show, it's a mellow( if not somewhat lukewarm) slice-of-life, but I can't say I'm sold on the coming-of-age aspects, which I find have little of interest to say.
Mar 5, 2022 7:33 AM

Jun 2021
What a wholesome journey this was....the ending was expected but unexpected... Can't explain it in words how much I love it... 😍😍😍
Haven't found a good anime dialogue to copy yet!!
Apr 11, 2022 7:58 AM
Jan 2021
A place farther than university is a beautiful inspiring series

The lightheartedness of the series makes the emotional scene a lot more captivating i forgot how many times i cried watching this but if i have to guess it's probably about 3 times who knows

I really love the characters especially the one where she keeps making quotes

Also the soundtrack every time i hear it just keep giving me the chills

Watching this really relived my dream about traveling around the world in the future if i have the chance to in the future Antarctica is definitely one of my top priority to travel

All and all this anime is amazing and it's one of those anime you need to watch in your lifetime

9/10
Apr 21, 2022 10:43 AM
Dec 2021
Wholesome af, sad but beautiful, funny at times, heartwarming as well, the anime balanced each and every emotion perfectly not a lot of shows can do that loved every bit of it 9/10
May 17, 2022 11:11 PM

Apr 2021
Old fart here.
Now that's a pretty good surprise. Yes, there are some chances in the scenario at the beginning which are barely believable, but for the rest, everything is very well executed: story is great, context is original, animation is very good, direction is precise, music is good and of course, characters are great and all manage to evolve in a very nice way. It's very easy to get attached to these young ladies. I particularly liked the scene at the end when the scientists are quite sad that they leave, it feels very true.
There's a real sense of adventure coming out of this anime and it really manages to convey the impact on each girl from this exceptional experience. And there's a vast range of feelings and topics explored in such a small amount of time in a very balanced way.
Really a great show, congratulations to the makers.
May 20, 2022 9:58 AM
Nov 2020
the Arctic twist got me there...
isnt that Arctic is easier to go than Antarctic....many Europian countries invest into it, many infastructure ready and regular traveller as well. also closer to Japan, even Topgear can.
+ this anime got god tier seiyuu, Kana Hanasawa , Inori Misase, Yuka Iguchi, Saori Hayami. damn !

9/10
Jun 4, 2022 7:31 AM

Feb 2020
Excellent and satisfying finale.

"Well, does it look good on me?" Yes, but I still liked your long hair better. :3

Gin and Shirase's farewell speeches were really emotional.

It's nice that they finally got to see the Aurora Australis. It was the perfect way to end the adventure.

The message from Takako was touching. The girls just saw the same thing. :)

I think it was a symbolic thing to do when Shirase left all the money behind. This was definitely one of the most touching scenes in this show.

Megumi went to the Arctic. That's cool. Enjoy your adventure! ^^
Jul 21, 2022 12:50 PM
Jan 2018
It’s sweet that the message mom sent her was a picture of the Aurora,

Wait so does that mean the mum was dying while looking at the Aurora which is why she was saying it’s beautiful on the radio ?
Jul 26, 2022 10:10 PM

May 2022
Definitely exceeded my expectations this anime had a lot unexpected depth and strong character bonding that is rare to get such compact form of 13 episodes. They make good use of each episode and the pacing felt just right. I think a lot of shows have a story that does not fit there short run time and it can really bog down the overall quality of the show as it takes too much of the runtime, but this is uses it well even if it is relatively simple in scope. I liked it so much I bumped off the The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya from my favorites for this show.
Aug 13, 2022 1:34 PM

May 2020
And thus we reached at the end of our expedition. Girls are finally back to their homeland, to Japan. Again a big fat slap to those faces who made fun of them whenever the term "Antarctica" came up.

Honestly I liked most of the things from start to finish and the good thing is that neither it feels like this overstayed its welcome nor that it could've been a bit longer, atleast to me. Though I wish they would've shown us a bit about Shirase's mother, bit more of what we had originally. The drama part was okay too, as I'm really not a fan of some overbearing dramatical sequences. All and all definitely a show I'd remember for a long run.

I really hate myself for being so late into this, but nevertheless 9/10.
Oct 7, 2022 11:11 AM
Sep 2022
It was really moving
Oct 24, 2022 3:30 PM

May 2016
So I spent the entirety of the final two episodes ugly-crying.

10/10, would dehydrate myself through my eyes again.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Nov 3, 2022 3:45 PM
Sep 2022
loved it. loved every damn second of it. now what am i going to do!
Nov 5, 2022 9:43 PM
Feb 2022
Rip long hair. This show ended in such a good note and I'm gonna miss the gang. I'm looking forward to their next journey!
Nov 23, 2022 10:32 AM

Dec 2018
this shit had me crying a few times, really really well done. i wouldn't want a s2 i think it wrapped up just fine, though if there was another season i'd definitely watch it. i also like shows that wrap up in a dozen or so episodes and don't drag on needlessly. very nice.
Nov 28, 2022 3:33 AM

Oct 2021
A solid 9/10 show, great series
Nov 29, 2022 12:48 AM

Oct 2022
The characters' interaction and layers of emotion and depth that they had far surpassed my expectations. I loved that as we continue further into the series the development that their relationships with each other and with those back home continued. Although I'm dead on the inside, this series really did tug at my heartstrings and episode 12 almost made me burst out crying.

9/10
Dec 31, 2022 7:34 AM

Feb 2021
Everything that has a beginning, has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well. What a wonderful and splendid anime to end the year with. Goodbye A Place Further than the Universe, looking forward for your next journey. Year 2022 has been a wild ride!

Jan 5, 2023 1:20 PM
Jul 2019
I have no words to say how it is beautiful
May 4, 2023 11:47 AM
Jun 2020
Wow, this anime just blew my expectation away to the place further than the universe. This is a must watch anime 10/10
Jun 28, 2023 10:54 PM
Jun 2023
So Inspirational
Jul 29, 2023 2:49 PM
Oct 2019
A real hidden gem! 9/10
Jul 30, 2023 7:45 AM
Jan 2023
Madhouse did it again, animating such a beautiful show. I loved everything about it, the character development, the animation, the story, it was all so good!

Such a great ending too, it seems they got to do everything they wanted to do in Antarctica, including getting to watch the Aurora. That email though from Takako was timed perfectly, seems there was an email waiting for Shirase after all.

Megumi finding her way to the Arctic, who knew that it was possible, I smell competition here.

Too bad we'll never get to see the next expedition, but that might be for the best. I doubt they would be able to make a second season just as beautiful as the first.

10/10, will be rewatching whenever the dub finally airs.
Jul 31, 2023 5:35 PM

Feb 2018
What a journey this has been.. no pun intented :P. Shirase can finally move on, Yuzu and Hinata made real friends and Mari spent her youthful days in the best possible way!
Aug 25, 2023 7:14 AM

Jan 2020
Beatiful visuals, cool mixture of joy and sadness.
Aug 26, 2023 12:54 AM

Jul 2014
Good watch I must say. Its wholesome and straight to the point. Im more of a fan of the first cour when they were still trying to go to Antarctica but the 2nd cour isnt bad, especially the last 2 episodes were great. Im also not a fan of CGDCT but I still enjoyed it

Overall its 8/10, they hinted for another long journey coming and I wish that would be true. Lets hope
Jan 11, 11:25 PM
Aug 2010
I am not a fan of CGDGT mixed with Slice of Life genre for a long time now, cause every show with those tags feels the same to me as if every anime has pretty much the same cast with different appearance and same conversations / fooling around. After seeing a high score like that I thought I would give it another chance. The first 3 episodes were promising sadly after that it went really boring really fast with anything happening. Episode 12 was really great especially the ending, but too bad I couldn't care too much about the cast and the anime after many boring episodes in-between. Very promising, decent ending. Sadly the middle part was very boring to me. Overall a 6.5/10 for me and lesson learned that whatever the setting is, I cannot enjoy CGDCT anymore like I used to, it's too similar every time with minor changes. I probably would've loved it more, if I had watched it before my burnout of this genre :/
Mar 29, 10:28 AM
Jan 2024
great anime but felt like it saturated for some episodes in between hence 4/5
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

383 by hhnnoovvaa »»
Apr 1, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2018

165 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Feb 25, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2018

158 by X_Lynn_X »»
Feb 14, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Sora yori mo Tooi Basho Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2017

305 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Feb 13, 4:12 PM

» Am i the only one who dropped this after 4 episodes?

Damazien - Jul 28, 2020

20 by MathMols »»
Feb 3, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.